Prairie Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Our breathing was deep, as we tried to get enough air to satisfy our bodies. I held Abby close to my body, placing kisses all over her face and on top of her head. She had her hand wrapped around my softening cock. Playing with the juices which coated it.

"Is this what made our baby?"

"I guess it is. I am no doctor, but it does make sense."

I pulled her tighter to me and kissed her with more passion then at anytime before.

"I love you with all of my heart my darling daughter. We have just begun our lives together. It was first to be with your mother and us, but God had other plans. Now it will be with the three of us, for now. Your mother blessed us to be man and woman, and I accept that. She was much smarter than me."

"Sunday when we go to services, we will need to tell the ladies of the church of your condition."

"Yes, my love. I will be very proud to say that you have given me a baby."

"On another note, we have another 20 head of cattle coming tomorrow. Our ranch is now becoming a real ranch. We will be real cattle barons."

The cattle arrived as promised. I had divided the ranch into sections. I put this herd close to the house, so it would be easier to tend and keep an eye on them. I moved the previous herd to another section. I checked to make sure that there was still plenty of grass for this new herd. Also, I saw that I was going to need to build more fencing for another section. I thought to myself, I rancher's job is never done. It's not going to be long before I will need to hire a ranch hand. With 40 head now, it is going to be too much for one person. I will need to ask around about that.

When Sunday came, we announced to the congregation of Abby's condition. The ladies went crazy. I have never seen such a fuss over anything in my life. My back was red and sore from all of the pats I received. There was one good thing from that though, I received several offers of help to build onto the house. The lumber was even donated by the town. So several days later we started the addition for the baby. In fact, I added 3 new rooms, just in case. The work was finished in just a little over a week. Many hands make short work. I never thought that would be true.

Over the next several months, I purchased a horse to ride to keep track of my herd. I built three new sections for the cattle. Each about 25 acres each. I kept my other horses strictly for pulling the wagon or dragging trees for lumber or firewood. Abby's belly grew with our baby inside. At times, she found it hard to bend over to complete her tasks. I would chuckle at her attempts to do so, and she would throw a towel at me, or even dough for the bread.. Her walk looked more like a duck waddle then a person. But I would be by her side when the baby made its presence known when it kicked or her belly would tighten up. The ladies from town would come by daily and spend time with her, so I was able to have the time to be taking care of the ranch. The doctor rode out every couple of days as she came closer to delivering our baby into this world.

Then it happened. It was well past dark, Abby woke me up and told me that the baby was coming. I mounted my horse bareback, and headed into town. The doctor and I were back within an hour. He told me to boil water. I went into the kitchen, started the fire, and put the water on. He called for some sheets or towels and I grabbed what I first saw. I didn't care what they were. It turns out I grabbed some of Abby's finer linens. A couple of the ladies from town showed up, and went into assist the doctor and do the running in of the water. I went outside so as not to be in the way. My neighbor came by to keep me calm and out of the way. This may be my second child, but I was still nervous.

The sun was just making it self known when I heard that little wail. My baby was here. I went inside, and one of the ladies, I think her name was Martha, handed me my daughter. I counted fingers and toes. Ten each. Big blue eyes looked at me, when she could keep them open. Martha took my little girl back into the bedroom so my woman could nurse. The doctor came out and we talked.

"Congratulations John. You have a beautiful baby girl. What are you going to name her?"

"Thanks doc. Abby wants Elizabeth. How is Abby?"

"I am not going to lie to you. It was a little rough. But she will be just fine. It will take her some time to recover."

"She has talked about having more than one child. Will she be able to?"

"I don't see why not. But we will need to see about that down the road. Right now the both of you need to take care of this one, as well as yourselves."

"Thanks doc. Between Abby, Elizabeth and this ranch I am going to have my hands full."

I stood there listening to what he was saying, when another lady came out and said that she will come out as often as she can to help take care of Abby and the baby, so that I can tend to the ranch. I thanked her, and asked her name. She said it is Mary. My heart sank. The color in my face turned white. The doctor asked if I was alright. I said yes, it was just that Abby's mother's name was Mary. She was just as beautiful as Abby. I told them that she died shortly after starting on the trail. I knew them both from back east, and that we met up on the trail. Both the doctor and Mary said that they were sorry to hear about Abby's mother. Then Mary said that it would be more then proper for her to help out in taking care of the two of them. The doctor stayed for a couple more hours, making sure that Abby and Elizabeth were going to be ok. I made sure that there was plenty of coffee for everyone. Especially since it was a long night.

After everyone had left, I went into the bedroom, and laid down next to Abby. I watched her sleeping. I sat up against the headboard and took my little Elizabeth into my arms, and held her against my chest. She was sleeping peacefully. Her lips would make sucking motions, like she was feeding in her sleep. I thought of how we had gotten to this point in our lives. It was almost a year and a half ago, when we were on the trail, just the three of us. Abby, my Mary and myself. Lost at the end of that trail, when her illness took her from us and her telling Abby to take care of all of my needs, and for me to take care of Abby and be happy. I looked up at the sky, blew a kiss up to it, and said thank you Mary, I will always love you.

**************

Thank you all for the comments. Please keep them coming. I will continue the story if the comments warrant it. I want to be the best writer that I can and write stories which allow the reader to envision themselves as the main character. I have taken the criticism to heart. Even the ones that were not so constructive. I try to tell stories, not the slam bam 9 or 10 inch cock stories where the guy lasts over an hour. I hope that mine are a little more believable.