All Comments on 'Pretend Girlfriend'

by jackie_em

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
XamdXamd7 months ago

Well that was just depressing

day_rideday_ride7 months ago

Wow, great twist! Have to admit, I was pretty invested in Rebecca and Kelly's relationship by the end. I realise there's not much of a need for a follow-up story (everything seems nicely wrapped up in this one with the plot arc), but definitely found myself wanting more by the end ;)

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I thought it was depressing too. It made you feel sorry for Kelly.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The moment the beyond silly magic pill was introduced, the sound in the background was due to all doors to credulity and plausible suspension of disbelief closing. The lack of respect for the depth of emotion that losing basically the biological essence of a person's body-and unwillingly , no less, did not cross the mind of the author, apparently. However, I jumped to the last part , just to see if the pretense of a happy ending was still there. It was.

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangton7 months ago

Love this.. was quite surprised about the pill, but I warmed up to the plot pretty quickly. I didn't find it depressing at all, maybe melancholy is the right word.. ha, but what do I know, I only know what I like... Thank you, Jackie...

jackie_emjackie_em7 months agoAuthor

I love that the most critical comments are done anonymously - as though the insulation of a screen name were not enough. As to the criticisms, first, there have been a number of stories about pills to change gender, a lot of them under X-change. I have not used X-change since I didn't want to take someone else's intellectual property, and because I wanted to do things that might not fit with the existing X-change world. Second, if you find the premise absurd, why the hell don't you stop reading and go to another story? Finally, not everyone finds their gender as being central to their identity. Some folks, it is true find their gender assigned at birth to be central to their identity. Those are the true cis-gender folks. Others find the gender not assigned at birth to be central to their identity. Those are the transgender folks. Still others are non-binary. The non-binary may identify with both genders or with neither gender. For myself, what is between my legs is not part of my identity. It affects how I urinate or how I have sex, but otherwise is quite oblivious to me. I could comfortably be either gender. In several of my stories, the characters are more non-binary than either cis or trans. That is irrelevant to sexual attraction and I am and would be attracted t women as either gender with little or no attraction to men. Why in hell are you reading a transgender/cross dresser story if you are bothered by someone who is not distraught by gender change?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A wild story that was very strange for the facts that Kurt was a grade A tool and a huge pain I the ass which brings me to point #2 which is how could Kelly possibly do this favor for that walking douchebag? He knew what kind of a jerkoff he is and he saw how every woman basically ran away screaming so why trust him with the favor when he proved right at the start that he didn’t give a crap about you aside from having one of your holes to put his cock in. He even broke the rules and raped you and yet you stuck around instead of doing the smart thing and bailing. Sorry to say this but Kelly got what she deserved by sticking by this piece of shit rapist. He even didn’t care what he did to Kelly since his first question was if they could date. If that doesn’t scream total waste of a life then I will never know what does. He even had the balls to try and break up Kelly and Rebecca by stating that Kelly is a guy although if that was such a big deal and was true then Kurt wanted to date a guy, kissed and raped a guy and wanted to probably marry a guy.

DeLord12804DeLord128047 months ago

Luke was cursed ever since a classmate wrote "Most likely to never get laid." in his yearbook.

The other less obvious take away from this story, would be to avoid cheap generic substitutes for gender swapping pills, knock offs can be bad news.

All things considered, I still enjoyed reading this strange tale, nicely done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous