Prince of Darkness vs Prom Queen 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why don't you build her a fire pit in the garden? That way you don't have to go all the way to Kalake to talk about them."

"I don't think it would be as effective. I'd constantly have to wonder if you were going to walk in and join the discussion. I can lock you out of our bedroom but I'm not sure I can lock you out of the garden."

"Are you calling me a voyeur?"

"No, Victor. I'm calling you an annoying and nosy pain in my ass. Next idea."

"What about taking her somewhere? She loves it when the two of you go to New York."

"True but we've done that a number of times. It's not special."

"Didn't like the party idea, huh?"

"Not really, Victor. Besides it wouldn't be much of a party. Marian is always working or getting called from or about work. Trent and Sara are on location in Morocco and won't be around. Not that I'm complaining. Hopefully a camel will bury the weasel in the desert. Her father is in the midst of some work project and won't be here until the week after her birthday and he's bringing Mary Nichols with him."

"That's nice. I told you it was only a matter of time until John and Mary borrowed Kalake for some naked beach running."

Donovan's eyes narrowed. "Wouldn't it be special if I could rent a camel to bury you somewhere? That's what I'd like for my next birthday. Any other ideas?"

"Well, maybe you should just ask Laci."

"That's not especially helpful. I ask her all the time and she always says she doesn't want or need anything. In a way, that's very nice. I love her. I love that she loves me. I love how much she loves and cares for Matthew. I love that she's happy with her life. I love that she's happy with our lives together. I love that she's so happy there isn't anything that she believes will make her happier. I love that she isn't greedy and materialistic like my lazy, money-sucking relatives. I love that she puts up with my moments of lunacy. I love that in spite of our many differences and disagreements, we always work things out. It's all one big giant love fest but it's not helping to clear my mind and figure out what to do for her birthday."

"Need to clear your mind? I hear naked beach running is good for that."

Chapter 3 Mystery Gift

Donovan stood under the shower, enjoying the warm water as it eased the tension from his neck and back. He had to admit he was exhausted. The last two weeks had been tough and non-stop from day break until after midnight.

Marian had finally allowed Victor to persuade her to take some time off and visit Kalake for some rest and naked beach running. The very first morning was probably the worst. All would have been well if Matthew and Jeremy, who were supposed to be playing quietly in the house while Laci got their breakfast, hadn't plotted to climb a small step ladder the gardener left leaning against the stone garden wall. The usually responsible man had just gone to his truck for something and had no way of knowing the Twosome of Terror were watching and going to try and make a break for it.

They didn't get very far. Virgil the Vigilant sounded the alarm and Laci went running from one direction while Donovan came running from the other. Unfortunately the frenzied Virgil darted between the two of them and Laci fell right over the giant fur ball.

The next few minutes were sheer havoc. Donovan rescued and scolded the boys while praising Virgil for his dedication. It was only then he realized Laci was grimacing in pain and having trouble walking. In his haste to settle the boys, pet Virgil and get some ice for his wife's swollen ankle, Donovan also knocked over the milk carton.

Things got a bit better after that. Virgil was only too happy to help clean up the milk mess while Matthew and Jeremy raved about their untraditional breakfast of corn flakes and vanilla ice cream.

Donovan insisted on calling the doctor who assured him Laci's ankle had only a minor sprain and if she stayed off it for a few days, she'd be good as new.

He supposed he could have called for help but it seemed to be controllable. If there was one thing he knew he could do, it was control. True, he had to watch the boys constantly, never knowing what they were going to try next. True, he insisted Laci stay in one place and off her injured ankle so she wasn't much help. True, he was running between the kids and Laci and the kitchen constantly. True, by the time he got Matt and Jeremy settled for their afternoon naps, he wanted his own nap. True, he wasn't able to get any work done during the day and ended up almost falling asleep while he tried to work after the boys finally went to bed. Also true, he had done a damn good job of handling everything. Not only had Laci repeatedly praised his efforts but he was also kind of proud of himself. Still, it had been an exhausting two weeks.

Victor and Marian finally returned that morning. As soon as they heard what had occurred, Victor took charge of the boys. Laci and Marian headed to the house next door where not only was Marian able to attend to Laci for a while but she was also able to get caught up on her work and what was happening at her office.

For several blissfully quiet hours, Donovan sat alone in his silent house and got caught up on his own work while patting himself on the back for a job well done and being a little shocked that he actually missed the chaos. There was no doubt that life before Laci was easier but life with Laci was so much better.

Thoughts of Laci brought thoughts of Laci's birthday. He still didn't have any ideas. Why did he always think Victor was going to be able to help? The only thing Victor usually helped with was Donovan's increased consumption of aspirin.

Laci's birthday. He had no idea what to do and he was too tired to even think about it. Maybe he should just ask and see if she gave him any hints. Couldn't be any worse than trying to get help from Victor.

Drying off and wrapping up in his robe, Donovan entered the empty bedroom. Where the hell was Laci? She never listened. She was supposed to be staying off her foot. Why wasn't she in bed? As if she was reading his thoughts, Laci walked into the room.

"Why aren't you resting?" he demanded.

She smiled and continued walking straight into his arms. "I was checking on Matthew."

"I could have done that. You're supposed to be staying off your ankle."

Her sunbeams were flooding the room with a warm glow. "Donovan, I swear, my ankle feels fine and you've done so much already. You need to get some rest, too."

"Is Matt okay?"

"He's sleeping soundly and quite happily surrounded with unicorns."

Donovan rolled his eyes. "Bed," he ordered. "Right now. I want you off that ankle."

"Yes, Master Donovan." Without protesting further, she slipped into bed.

Instead of joining her, Donovan started pacing. Pacing was almost as regular an occurrence for him as naked beach running was for Victor.

"Donovan, I can see how tired you are. Please come to bed. Let me take care of you for a change."

"Okay. Never thought I'd be saying this but I'm too tired to tie. And I can't think of anything I need to say about the fireplace. Can we tie and talk another time?" Pulling off his robe, he slid into bed beside Laci. "I did want to discuss something else though."

She noticed he was rubbing the back of his neck as he settled under the covers. "How about I give you a neck rub while we talk. I've never seen you look so tired or tense. Sit up and lean back against me."

"Laci, it doesn't take much to make me horny and I'm too tired. Just the neck, okay?"

She smiled her sunbeam smile. "I promise." Gently she started to massage his neck, instantly feeling the knots of tension. "I had an interesting talk with Marian. She was telling me about when you grew up, the homes you lived in. You never really talk about your past. I can't imagine growing up with that much money, having everything handed to you. I can understand why you have the concerns you do about spoiling Matthew."

"I'm not going to lie about it. Having a ton of money makes life a lot easier but earning the money I've made myself means more. Marian and I are probably the only ones in the family who have truly worked during the last sixty years. Some of them pretended to work in the family businesses until they got bored but most of them just spent what our ancestors earned."

"She also told me about your roadster and how much you loved driving it. She even showed me some old photographs. Do you have any pictures? I'd bet Matthew would love to see his daddy as a little boy."

"The Jaguar. I liked that car. I'm sure I have some pictures around. Never really thought much about it but I can look. You really think Matt would want to see them?"

"Donovan, you know he would. You know how curious he is about everything. Sometimes a little too curious. My sprained ankle is proof of that. He'll probably have about a million questions for you. He'd also love to see those pictures of you riding that giant white horse. He looks even bigger than Prince."

"Oh yeah. Wycliff. He was a good horse. He was great to ride. A total thoroughbred who obeyed commands and never learned to growl. If I had known Marian's mother was going to sell all the horses, I probably would have taken him although I guess it turned out for the best. Used to really enjoy riding but doubt I would have much time."

"You can ride with me at the ranch."

"I guess but it's not the same. The ranch is dirty. Every time I go there I end up covered with dust. Riding at Marian's country estate was like being in a different world. A very clean, different world. If I close my eyes I can almost visualize the lawns. They were like green velvet. The whole place was surrounded by wide open meadows and it was always silent. The grass was so thick, we wouldn't even hear the horses trotting. We'd ride for hours and never hear anything except our own voices and maybe a few birds."

Laci could feel his tense knots almost melting away as he spoke about the past. "It sounds like a wonderful place to grow up. What happened to the country estates?"

"After my parents passed, I inherited what they had but ended up selling most of it. It was all too big, too meaningless. After Marian's dad died, her mom couldn't wait to get rid of the place and get back to the city. She always hated the country life but my uncle loved it. I got along pretty well with my uncle. Didn't agree with his philosophies about money although at least he and my father sometimes worked for the family business."

"What about your mom?"

"She and dad were basically good people but shallow. The whole family was in constant competition. If one bought a new car, they all had to get a new car, always more expensive and flashy. If one took a trip, they all packed their bags although I doubt if any of them ever walked into a museum or went to the top of the Eiffel Tower. When they traveled, they over-ate, over-drank, over-gambled, over-shopped. My mother and Marian's mother made a career out of shopping, drinking and shopping again. I'm sure their excessive habits played a part in them dying at such a young age."

"Sounds like a boring way to live. What happens when you've bought everything?"

He snorted slightly. "If you were my relatives, you gave everything to the staff and started buying again. My parents were very generous. I will give them that. Hey! My neck feels great. Don't know why I'm surprised. I'm pretty well acquainted with your magic fingers and their many tricks." Donovan leaned over for a kiss before settling back under the covers.

Laci snapped off the light and snuggled next to him. "I know the feelings and memories you have about your family aren't always the best but it's nice to hear about your life before I met you. You said there was something you wanted to talk about," she reminded him.

"Right. Your birthday is coming up and I want to get you something or do something. I made the mistake of asking Victor for some input which probably accounts for the knots of tension in my neck and I know you're going to say you don't want or need anything but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. A little help? Any ideas? Hints? Suggestions?"

She was silent for a minute. "Actually there is something. Would you consider allowing me to be the Dominant for the day? Actually, more like two or three days."

He took a turn at being silent before he asked with suspicion, "What, exactly, does that mean? Does it involve any of your whips? What are you intending to tie me to? Swear it won't be Victor. I'd rather take my chances with the whip."

"Not that kind of Dominant. I meant there's something I'd very much like to do with you but I have to take control and plan it. You can't plan it because you don't know where it is or how to get there and I want your promise not to do or buy anything else."

"Doesn't seem like much of a gift if you have to do everything. How can I possibly not know where it is?" He still sounded suspicious. "If I'm giving it to you, shouldn't I know something about it? Can you at least tell me what it is or something it is or anything it is? Why is it going to take two or three days? When will you tell me?"

"I can tell you some of it but not right now. I want to see if I can work it all out. We can leave the day before my birthday and come back the day after my birthday and I'll plan the entire thing. All you have to do is share it with me. Is that okay?"

"I guess. If it's what you really want." He sounded reluctant.

"Thank you, Donovan. I'll get started first thing in the morning. Why don't you try and get some sleep. You said you were exhausted." She kissed him. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Get some sleep? Right. Maybe after he figured out what she could possibly be planning. Where did she want to go? What did she want to do when they got there? Maybe he shouldn't have agreed so easily. When Laci was involved, almost anything was likely and that was a slightly frightening thought...even for a Dominant.

Chapter 4 Curiouser and Curiouser

Damn! Why the hell had he agreed?

He should have known better than to agree but it was her birthday and she never asked for anything. How could he not agree?

True to her word, Laci got busy first thing the following morning. He just wished he knew what she was busy doing.

Most of the time, she was on her computer and seemed to be researching something. If she already knew what it was and where it was, what was she researching and why was she researching it?

And why wasn't she letting him see it? Every time he attempted to peek over her shoulder, she had closed the computer. And every time he reminded her that she promised to tell him when she had worked everything out, she repeated her promise to tell him...just as soon as she had worked everything out.

He was endlessly frustrated but he sighed every time she beamed her sunbeams at him. Whatever she was planning, he had to admit, she looked unbelievably happy.

How bad could it be? Whatever it was, he was positive it wasn't going to cost very much.

During all the years he'd known her, all the years of their marriage, he had marveled at how totally content she was. Like any other married couple they had ups and downs and disagreements but she had never been demanding or greedy. It was not likely she was suddenly about to start now. It would be out of character for Laci.

She knew he had a substantial amount of money but she never asked about it and it was gratifying to know she hadn't been attracted to him for his money or what he could give to her. He had no problem paying all the household expenses and for everything relating to Matthew. When they went out to dinner or traveled somewhere, he pulled out one of his credit cards without a second thought.

But as far as personal expenditures, she had never once asked him for even a dollar. They had a joint checking account but she almost never touched it. He had given her a credit card and she probably hadn't used it more than a dozen times. Even when he offered, she always said she didn't need cash.

He presumed she probably used whatever money she earned working for Marian. His cousin must be paying a damn good salary which was only fair. He was more than generous with the salary he paid Victor.

Still, it was perplexing but what about his beautiful wife wasn't perplexing? He had never been able to completely understand her and she remained mostly unreadable although it wasn't bad to be astonished. Laci was exceptionally good at astonishing him.

He supposed he should consider himself a lot luckier than the average man. Most of the things married couples disagreed about just didn't seem to be an issue for them. They had no financial concerns. They were in complete agreement about how Matthew should be raised. The only in-law was Laci's father and he never interfered. They both had jobs they loved and were supportive of each other's careers and choices.

There were the few times he had gone temporarily insane because of Virgil the hateful stuffed unicorn or Prince Ogre the growling horse or Trent Nichols the idiot actor-weasel but they had worked those things out. In the long run, what mattered was she loved him and he loved her. She accepted him and his moments of lunacy and his need to be tidy and controlling. He accepted her and never quite knowing what was on her mind or what to expect from her. It made life fun and interesting and sexy.

Oh yeah. Sexy.

He had actually looked up the statistics and was a little surprised to discover that the more orgasms a man had, the longer he was likely to live. At the rate he and Laci were going, he was going to live until he forgot how good sex could be. Not that he was worried. He was fairly certain she'd be there to remind him.

He wouldn't categorize her as insatiable. More just an avid fan of sex. A VERY avid fan.

He was always a little shocked when he overheard men discussing the lack of sex in their lives. Wives and girlfriends seemed to have a variety of reasons not to have sex, ranging from being tired to the cliché of a headache. Undoubtedly many of those reasons were valid but apparently Laci had never received the 'Reasons to Avoid Sex' memo.

They had gotten to know each other. They had lived together. They had been married for several years and she still got that look in her cornflower blue eyes on a very regular basis. Damn! He loved that look, maybe because it was the only time he could tell what she was thinking. Laci Grace Corbett, Prom Queen, ranch hand, writer, mother and wife was one hell of a good thinker.

Now if only he could be a good thinker and figure out what she was planning for her birthday.

He tried asking Marian and learned that Laci had said she was taking a few days off: the day before her birthday, the day of her birthday and the day after her birthday.

That was no help. Laci had already told him that much but Marian swore that was all she knew. Maybe. Maybe not. He wasn't sure he totally trusted Marian after her unicorn-napping caper, still, in this case, she seemed to be telling the truth.

He knew better than to ask Victor but gave it a shot anyway. Victor had a way of finding things out probably because he was nosy and didn't hesitate to ask questions.

Victor had also seen Laci doing some type of research. He had also tried to sneak a peek at what she was doing. He had also been frustratingly thwarted and was dying of curiosity.

That was no help either, although it did give Donovan a bit of satisfaction to see Victor being stonewalled by Laci. Satisfaction maybe, but no answers.

As a desperate last resort, he tried grilling Matthew and Jeremy. Even at the age of three years old, they were both quite smart and they had actually been in the same room, sharing a snack, when Laci was on her computer. They had actually seen what was on the screen. They had actually asked her what she was looking at and she had told them. They actually knew something!