Prince of Darkness vs Prom Queen 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So Matt's the Dominant and Jeremy's the submissive?"

Laci snuggled closer. "Don't be so sure. Marian has some of the Dominant Corbett genes and Jeremy is learning quite a lot from her. He can hold his own. It's a good thing Virgil is always patrolling with the diminutive Dominant duo on the loose."

"Yeah," Donovan agreed. "He'll probably always be a slobbering dog-moose, but he's a good dog-moose. I just wish he'd slobber on Victor's shoes instead of mine." He was thoughtful for a moment. "They really are good kids. Sometimes I sit and watch Matt when he's focused on something and I see how hard he's concentrating, the expressions on his face. The feeling is indescribable. I almost can't believe I have a son, we have a son. If I think back to my life before you, I never expected to be where I am now. I still don't know how we always manage to make it work but we do."

She smiled lovingly. "We manage to make it work because of you. You control everything in your life quite efficiently and it's obvious your training techniques are very effective considering how your time away seems to be getting shorter."

"That's true. Not having sex with my wife for several weeks is a damned good incentive to move things along. Just thinking about you makes me so fucking horny." He sighed. "I've given up trying to have control around you. It's never going to happen."

She had to giggle at his defeated tone of voice. "You really have been through a lot since we've been together. I'm still not any good at being submissive and I understand your need to have control but that part of your life is just a small percentage of who you are as a man. You balance control and lack of control very well. I don't think you realize how much we all depend on you. Your strength supports all of us. Even Victor."

"Yeah. Right," Donovan sounded very doubtful. "I do think I'm finally getting the hang of things although I'm hardly likely to become 'Father of the Year' anytime soon considering I gave my son ice cream for breakfast."

She reached over and gently took his face in her hands. "Donovan, it's because you gave him ice cream that you'll be 'Father of the Year'." The look she gave him took his breath away. "There was a time in the not too distant past that I had to teach you how to make toast. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I sprained my ankle. You took over and did exactly what needed to be done without even thinking about it. You were incredible. And while ice cream and cereal isn't the best breakfast choice on a daily basis, an occasional deviation from routine isn't going to cause them any physical, emotional, or psychological damage. In fact, it was just the opposite. Matthew and Jeremy are three years old. Ice cream for breakfast was the biggest thing that ever happened to them. They loved it. You helped create a childhood memory that's going to be with them forever and years from now, they probably won't remember all the details about why it happened but they're going to remember you gave them ice cream and cereal for breakfast and they're going to do it with their own kids."

"I never thought about it that way."

"You don't give yourself the credit you deserve for things like that but it's only natural. When you're Master Donovan, you understand what you have to do and have complete confidence in what you're doing. You're still learning to cope with a world you never expected but you're doing so well and I'm incredibly proud of you."

"You're proud of me? I'll never get tired of hearing that. You're very good for my ego and you understand me pretty well. Now if I could just figure you out but I don't think that's ever going to happen either. You, my love, are a total mystery."

"Men aren't supposed to understand women. That's what makes life fun."

"Speaking of fun, there's a bouquet on the bed. Are you planning to throw it any time soon? I like the new tradition you started: 'If a married man catches the bouquet, he gets to have sex with his beautiful wife all night long. We've thrown quite a few bouquets during the last couple of months but we should probably keep the tradition between us or there could be chaos at weddings all over the world." He couldn't stop his big, silly grin when she moved quickly to grab the bouquet of sunflowers and toss it in his direction. "Starting new traditions is pretty damn good," he told her lasciviously.

Just as quickly they slipped out of their robes and into bed. Donovan nestled under the covers trying to get comfortable. He suddenly sat up and reached under his pillow. Turning to Laci with a perplexed expression he pulled out a grey envelope and said, "What's this? Why is it under my pillow?"

"It's not midnight yet so it's still my birthday and that's part of what I wanted to do for my birthday. Open it."

"It looks very formal," he observed with uncertainty. "You're not serving me with divorce papers, are you?"

"Donovan Corbett, you have got to be the most adorably insecure Dominant on the face of the earth. No divorce papers. I promise. Please open it."

"Dominants aren't supposed to be adorable," he informed her. Quizzically, he looked at the envelope, turning it over several times before finally opening it. He pulled out a very official looking document and with a slight frown furrowing his brow started to read. He barely made it through the first few paragraphs before his mouth dropped open and he looked up at Laci. "I... It's... You... Am I reading this right? How could you...? How did you...? Why did you do this?"

"Because I wanted to."

He looked at her with confusion. "I'm not sure I understand what I'm reading. I own Albion? You said his owner wouldn't sell him. You bought me a horse?"

She was glowing so brightly he thought he'd need sunglasses. "Donovan, you are his owner and you wanted to buy him so I'm guessing you don't want to sell him and, yes, I bought you a horse."

"You bought me a horse?" He was still astonished. "Why?"

"I was guessing you would want me to explain and I have a very good explanation. Our relationship hasn't always been easy for you but ever since we've been together, you've done everything you could to adjust your life and your way of thinking to make me happy. I want you to know how much that means to me. You've put up with Trent and a growling horse. You reunited me with my father. You've done battle with my stuffed unicorn. You're completely devoted to our son. You are a very special man, Donovan and I love you so much, more than I ever believed I would love anyone."

"That's the explanation? That's why you bought me a horse?"

"There's more."

"I'm listening. You bought me a horse, Laci." He still sounded shocked and confused.

"Yes, Donovan," she was giggling at his disbelief, "I bought you a horse. Albion belongs to you. I watched you today and I saw the way you looked, how much you loved riding him. I knew you would and I bought him for you."

"Laci, I truly appreciate the gesture but a horse like Albion costs thousands of dollars. Believe me when I say I don't mind you spending that kind of money even if it is out of character for you but I kind of wish you had let me know before you took that much out of our accounts."

"I didn't take the money out of our accounts."

"Then where......? You didn't borrow it from Trent, did you," he glowered.

She leaned over to kiss him. "Of course I didn't. I took the money out of my account. Albion is a gift from me. I would never even consider borrowing from Trent and I couldn't have you paying for your own present. I bought Albion."

"Your account? What account? Where did you get that much money?"

"Donovan, I do earn a salary working for Marian, remember?"

"How the hell much does my cousin pay you?" he was nearly shouting.

Laci reached over and rested a hand on his bare chest. "Please calm down and let me explain."

As always when Laci was involved, he was confused as hell and he wasn't sure he was ready to hear her explanation but she looked so happy and sunshiny. He took a deep breath and said, "Okay. Explain."

"Donovan, I don't think a day has gone by when you haven't shown how much you love me. You've done so many remarkable, romantic and memorable things, just like what you did tonight with the pineapple pizza and the sunflowers. I really wanted to do something meaningful and special for you."

"So you bought me a horse?"

"When you were growing up, I know it wasn't terrible but it wasn't perfect either. It made you feel like you needed control and that led to you becoming a Dominant but it also made you totally reliable and responsible. You work so hard all the time between your businesses, spending time with Matthew, giving so much of yourself to me. You're always so proper and orderly, always follow a routine. A day like today when you just allow yourself to enjoy things doesn't happen very often. Marian remembered two things that used to make you feel carefree. One was your Jaguar roadster and the other was when you were riding Wycliff. The night I was giving you a neck rub, you were tired and stressed and I could feel the knots in your neck. Nothing happened when you talked about the car but the minute you started thinking about how it felt to ride Wycliff, I could feel the tension and stress vanishing right under my fingers. I could see how relaxed you got. I could hear it in your voice. You loved riding and you missed having the opportunity to do it. I wanted to give that back to you."

He was shaking his head. "Laci, I'm stunned and I have to be honest. This is one of those times when you scare the hell out of me. How can you know me so well? I'm the Dominant. I'm the one who's supposed to be able to read people. I can never keep a secret if you know what I'm thinking before I know what I'm thinking."

"You kept a secret tonight and surprised me with sunflowers."

"I always surprise you with sunflowers," he huffed, "that's hardly a secret. What about the secrets you seem to be keeping like owning that piece of the ranch? Are you keeping any other secrets from me?"

"A few but all women keep secrets and, I swear, mine are harmless."

"If they're so harmless," he sounded doubtful, "tell me one. Tell me where you got the money to buy Albion."

"I had a feeling you were going to ask about that so I came prepared." She pulled a folder out from under her pillow. "When I started working for Marian, I was living in the guest house, then I moved into the main house with you and then we got married. You always refused to let me pay rent or utilities so my living expenses were minimal and I was able to save money."

"Are you going to tell me you saved enough money to buy a thoroughbred like Albion?"

"Not exactly. We talk about business all the time and I listen to everything you tell me, so when you make an investment, I make an investment. Yours are a lot bigger than mine but I followed your advice and I've always made a profit. Look at my file."

She handed him the folder. He scanned the columns of numbers. "You made this much money following my advice? Damn it, Laci, why the hell aren't you working for me? You have a better business mind than most of the people I pay." He handed her the folder. "I still don't understand why you felt like you had to do it. I have plenty of money. We have money. You can have whatever you want, whenever you want it. Why do you need a secret savings account?"

"At first it was my security. After what happened with my parents, I felt like I needed that and I really wasn't sure things were going to work out between us. Then when everything turned out so wonderfully for us, I started to think of it as my 'Donovan Fund'. I like to do special things for you sometimes and I don't want you to pay for them so I use my 'Donovan Fund'. It wasn't really a secret. I just never told you. Are you mad?"

"Of course I'm not mad. At least I know why you never ask me for money." He sighed. "So you own a piece of ranch property that's a miniature version of Wonderland, you bought ME a thoroughbred horse named Albion for YOUR birthday and you have a 'Donovan Fund'. It's been a day of secret overload. Anything else I need to know? Any other envelopes hidden in the room? Any other surprises?"

She looked slightly sheepish. "Well, there might be one more but it's just a little one."

"A little one?" He looked at her suspiciously. "Are you pregnant?"

Her lips twitched in amusement. "No, Donovan. I'm not pregnant."

He took a deep breath. "I have to be honest. I'm a little relieved. I'm not sure I could handle another secret keeping Prom Queen who likes shoes. One is plenty. Okay. Out with it, Laci. What else do I need to know?"

"After you reunited me with my father, I kept wishing I could do something like that for you but both you and Marian made it clear that there wasn't even one relative you'd want back in your life so I tried to track down someone else that mattered to you. I tried to find Wycliff."

How many more times was she going to astonish him? "You found Wycliff?"

"No. I'm afraid he passed away about two years ago but he had a long and happy life on a breeding farm. It seems Wycliff was a little horny and a very prolific stud and horse breeders keep impeccable records so when I found out I couldn't reunite you with Wycliff, I did the next best thing. Albion is one of Wycliff's grandsons. It's all in the ownership papers when you have time to finish reading them."

He tried to swallow but the lump in his throat stopped him. "That's what you were researching on the computer? You went through all that trouble for me? Why, Laci?"

Her big, blue eyes filled with tears and she shrugged. "Sometimes I get so busy with work, with Matthew, helping with Jeremy, babysitting Victor and Trent, everything else in our lives and I feel like I don't always take the time to tell you how important you are to me, how much I love you. You're the other half of my heart, Donovan. I just wanted you to know how much I need you." Laci sighed. "Birthdays are still a little hard. I know my dad is trying to make up for the past but I can't completely forget all the years he and my mom didn't bother. I decided I'd rather celebrate you and our lives together."

He pulled her close and she wrapped her arms around him, pulling herself even closer. They sat silently, his face resting on the top of her head, while he tried to keep his own eyes from filling with tears.

He had lost count of the number of times she had done something unexpected but his favorites were always when the little tower of strength in his arms showed how vulnerable she could be.

And as usual, she was right. He was insecure although that insecurity pretty much began and ended with her. It was eye-opening to see himself as she saw him and to understand her capacity for loving him. Lucky couldn't even begin to describe it.

"Laci, I think we need to work on something." She lifted her head and looked at him and he had to smile at her. "How about if I try to be more secure and you try to be a little more positive about your birthday?" She was smiling back and nodding. "I guess we're going to have to make arrangements for Albion to be boarded."

"Actually the owner of the ranch is willing to let him stay here at no cost. Even though he's only been here a few days, it seems Albion already has several new girlfriends. He seems to take after his grandfather. There might be a baby horse boom very soon."

"Are you saying that you bought me a horny horse?"

"It looks that way although it wasn't intentional. He seems to be enjoying himself and I didn't think you'd mind if he had a little fun in between our visits."

"Exactly how much fun has he been having? How many new foals are going to be making an appearance next year?" he questioned.

"They're not absolutely certain yet but possibly three, so far," she told him.

"In just a few days? Damn! Good for him. Go Albion." With a look of mischievous glee, Donovan grabbed her and pulled her face down over his lap. He gave her bare ass a few sharp whacks knowing he wasn't hurting her but enjoying it as the color of her skin took on a rose-tinted hue.

"OUCH!" she exclaimed as she sat up. "What was that for?"

"Because you keep secrets," he told her with a good natured pout. "And because you bought me a horny horse. And because even after all this time I never know what you're thinking or what you're going to do next. And because your horse growls at me. And because you're friends with an actor-weasel. And because your unicorn hates me. And because it's one minute after midnight and your day of being Dominant is over and I get to reclaim my title. And because you have the most gorgeous ass in the world and I felt like spanking it. And because even though you said 'OUCH' we both know it didn't hurt one bit. And because even though you call me Master Donovan all the time, you never mean it. And because you're freezing. Get under the covers. Now!"

She had to stifle her smile when she said, "Yes, Master Donovan."

He tried to give her a menacing glare and ended up laughing as she snuggled into his arms and pulled the blankets up. "I have to thank you for Albion. I'm overwhelmed that you would do such a thing and you are absolutely right. We need more days like today. I want Matt to learn how to ride and I want to visit your rock on a regular basis. We can come up here with the kids and Victor and Marian. They can spend the night in here while we sneak away to the rock."

"I thought you didn't want to spend the entire night out at my rock."

"Somebody has to protect you from the killer bunnies and it will drive Victor crazy to see us riding off and not having any idea where we're going. It's about time I started getting him back after all these years. And Marian, too, especially after the Virgil incident."

"I am in full agreement with you on that one."

"You don't think the monster is going to teach Albion how to growl, do you?"

"Certainly not." She straddled him, kissing him over and over, listening to his shouts of laughter until he finally begged her to stop so he could take a breath. "Albion might be a little randy and horny but he's very well behaved. He doesn't growl or stare and he doesn't have beady, black eyes. He has big, beautiful brown eyes that all the girl horses seem to really like. He might actually teach Prince some manners."

"Like that will ever happen." Donovan sounded doubtful. "Uh, Laci? Now that you've finished re-writing the Dominant/submissive rules, you seem to be starting on the celebration rules. I caught the sunflower bouquet so I get to have sex with you all night. That's a change I can live with. And we did a hell of a lot more than just kiss under your mistletoe. I didn't mind that either. Now we seem to be working on birthdays and I need an update. You gave me a gift for your birthday so does that mean I give you a gift for my birthday? What about Halloween? I don't have to dress up in a costume, do I? If I do, it has to be a good one. How about Easter? It's tradition to hide eggs for Easter. What are you planning to hide? And Arbor Day? Usually people plant trees for Arbor Day but in your case, I'm thinking bush."

"Donovan, what's happened to you? You seem transformed."

"I'm not sure. I had such a great time today and I want more of that, more fun and play, less work and routine. More time with you and Matt." He paused thoughtfully. "Either that or I've spent way too much time with Victor." He leered at her. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking to celebrate Arbor Day? We could get a head start and beat around the bush."

"Donovan!"

He looked contrite only for a minute. "The hell with it. I'm blaming Victor and I fully intend to have a long and serious discussion with him, right after I do some Arbor Day bushwacking with my Prom Queen. Make that a lot of bushwacking. Dominant style. Laci? Any chance you could dim your sunbeams just a little?"