Prince Selects His Sister Pt. 01

Story Info
The Crown Prince must select a wife. He chooses his sister.
13.8k words
4.7
79.3k
228

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 01/28/2024
Created 05/19/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prince Adam sat down in his office, reviewing the strategies his father's generals had drawn up to defeat the final elements of the invading infantry from Selucia. Selucia's massive push to topple the border defenses and move directly into the Andorian mainland had failed. Largely because Adam's father ordered him to lead the border legions against the invasion and hold the ground until the army could be called up and deployed. Good intelligence had given them a few weeks of warning, so Adam had left in the middle of the night with a reserve force, and met the enemy 15 days later, fully prepared with a border army.

His mandate to hold off the invasion was not only met, but exceeded, and when his father's standing armies arrived, 50,000 strong, Adam had already devastated the Selucian force, and had them surrounded in a forest at the border. They had not taken an inch of Andorian territory. However, the enemy were well-loaded with supplies and the forest was rich with life. They could potentially last a long time. The Selucians were originally a forest people, and this was their terrain of choice.

There were less than 7,000 men from the invading Selucian army left, and the Selucians were known never to surrender nor to give up their mission. Adam sighed at the futility of the situation his father had ordered him to bring to an end. If he ordered men into the forest to defeat the Selucians, his men would die unnecessarily in a war they had already effectively won. If he did nothing, the Selucians would leave the forest eventually to attack on their own terms. It was frustrating that he had to lose men at all. He looked out of his window into the distance and saw the gleaming towers and shining rooftops of the capital city, green flags fluttering in the wind. His drew his side-dagger and held it in his hand as he considered his options.

He heard his door open and smelled the rose-perfume that gave away who his visitor was. His little sister, Princess Sarah skipped into the room playfully and over to his desk. Her smile disarmed him and took him far away from his worries, as she planted a kiss in his hair. "Oh no, my brother is troubled again with very important decisions, what are we going to do?" she said, laughing. Her gentle voice was the most refreshing sound to his soul. She was the greatest source of laughter, joy, and silliness in his life. At 19, she had a child-like innocence that melted away his worries.

"I don't think I'm allowed to leave this office till I have a decision for the generals on the Selucians." he said. "I wish we could be racing horses instead but I'm stuck here."

"Oh dear brother, I already thought you've have figured this out by now. It's not the hardest problem you've ever faced! C'mon, hurry it up!" she said, taking the dagger from his hands and laying it on the pine-wood desk. She ran her fair hands upon his tanned arm and down to his right hand, the back of which was smooth as a prince's would be, but the inside of which was scarred and calloused, as expected of a warrior who has held the sword for many, many hours every day of his life.

She massaged his heavy, muscular forearms down to the wrists and back up, gently kneading away his worries.

"Sarah, I've been trying to figure out how to solve this for two days, it's not that easy."

"Of course it is. You've besieged castles and fortresses in enemy territory successfully, this is a forest on your own land. You really haven't thought of the answer?"

"No. Do *YOU* have an answer, Princess Sarah, commander of the wardrobe!" he teased.

"Oh that's not fair. I got the same training you did in these matters." she responded.

"Not the same training, you got the same education I did. But the experience in the field was all mine!" he corrected her.

"Fine fine, you did all the big bad fighting with Father and you are our hero! But the answer here is evading you. It's simple. Burn the forest." she said, without hesitation.

"What? Burn the forest?" he asked.

"Yeah. Burn the forest on the Selucian side. Not our side where they are hiding. Cross over into their territory, it's unguarded right now because they used all their border troops to support the invasion. Light the whole thing on fire. It's dry season on their side right now it'll go up in flames. Before you do that through, use as much of the army as you can to tear the trees down between where the Selucians are hiding and the bulk of where the forest comes into our territory. They're in the narrowest part so it shouldn't be hard. The Micenia River runs through and will provide a good barrier to keep *our* forest from burning too. The fire will spread and burn their cover to the ground. The rest of our forest will be safe if you tear the connecting trees down and the worst that can happen is the fire hits the Micenia, but that is where it will stop because our side isn't dry like theirs. It shouldn't take you more than a few weeks. They'll be exhausted and will come out rather than burn to death. If we swap out our troops with reserve units you'll have a fresh army ready to meet a tired and exhausted force that's been choking on smoke."

"A river isn't enough to keep a forest fire from crossing over Sarah." he responded, seriously considering her thoughts.

Sarah responded: "Like I said If our side was as dry as theirs it would keep going but everything is generally damp past the Micenia and nothing really wants to burn right now so this would be a great time for a controlled burn. Also, brother?"

"Yes?" the prince asked, smiling, lost her in her eyes.

"When you do all this and they surrender, strip them of their all armor and weapons and all their goods of worth. Figure out how much all of it is worth, and then divide that money among our villages by the forest and the villages in Selucian territory. Burning the forest will affect their hunting and livelihood seriously this year but if you can just use spoils of war to pay them, it will help them and create goodwill with the villagers across the border. And embarrass their government. Now go tell the generals and lets go race horses!" she said, as if it was a solution she had figured out randomly at breakfast.

"That's fucking brilliant. How do you know everything that is going on? The troop positions?" he asked her. Her eyes sparkled in the light as she spoke. He fixed his gaze on her as he marveled at how she combined her carefree attitude with command over the matters of the Kingdom.

"I'm the High Princess, only daughter of the King! Maybe I'm not Crown Princess because I have a big, brave, smart, sometimes dumb older brother, but I get the intelligence reports too. My advisor briefs me on everything just like you and Father get briefed! Just because I'm not involved in the war doesn't mean I don't like being informed on everything that goes on in this Kingdom. Including the fact that Dad is mad at you for sleeping with the Minister of the Treasury's daughter! If the Minister finds out he will quit!" she said, punching him in the stomach playfully.

"I apologized to Father and said I'll never do it again." Adam said.

"I'll have you know she is just trying to move up the ladder. She thinks she can make you fall in love with her." she told him.

Adam replied somewhat shocked: "Love?! We are just having a little fun. I would never marry her. She's not my type. Besides she's already at the top of the social ladder. That's so silly."

Sarah smiled at what she already knew: "Well of course I know she's not your type and you'd never marry someone that superficial, but brother, just because you get to pick whoever you want to marry in the Kingdom doesn't mean you have to sleep around with Dad's ministers' daughters. Don't put him in shitty situations."

Her wisdom exceeded her age, through in this particular matter, it was common sense. This was perhaps the last battle they would have to wage for a long time. Their father's wisdom and strategies combined with Adam's last five years leading the legions against various enemy forces had left Andoria rich, prosperous, stable, and with few enemies. King Tarian had treated all his defeated enemies respectfully creating a stable system of trade across the continent. The Selucian invasion had been a hasty attempt by an overzealous prince to procure better trade deals but that threat would be over as soon as Adam executed Sarah's plan.

He took his sister's hand and kissed it. "Dear sister, I have to say, you've truly saved me this time. Thank you. I'll go to my war room and start working out the specifics with the generals. I'll let them know it was your idea too."

"You don't have to tell them. Take the credit. Just execute this and come back home to me...to all of us, safely." she said, correcting herself mid-sentence.

------------------------------------------------------

SIX MONTHS LATER

"So have you decided who you wish to marry?" Diana asked her son. Your coronation is coming and we want to announce it immediately after. We'll need to get her and her family here, ask them, and go through that whole process. It's better if we know now." His mother was unrelenting in trying to get this name out and had been so for months.

His father chimed in. "Son, look, I know my stepping down is already a lot of pressure. But I do not want to be an old, aging king. I have been King since I was 16 years old and my father was killed at Rafland Fields. With none of your training, none of your experience when I started. I want to rest. I want to enjoy what I have fought for. I want to play with my grandchildren. I have raised you by my side, taught you everything I know. You are ready for this, but a coronation requires you to announce your bride. We do not allow unmarried young men with no attachments to become Kings in Andoria. Men without families and hope of children do not think properly of the future."

Adam spoke up. "I already know who it is. I don't know if you're going to agree."

Sarah spoke: "Ooooh, she must be from a family that isn't noble. You want to be controversial. Tell us who is it? You know we don't care about that, it's just garbage for shallow people to talk about. She'll be our queen and we'll welcome her into our family. Who is she? A baker's daughter whose cakes you fell in love with while on campaign? I don't care if she's a butcher's daughter if you love her Adam, then we will love her." her angelic laugh filled the room.

"No." Adam said. "She's not from a commoner family."

"Well, who is it son? I mean, you will be King in a few weeks." Tarian explained.

"The woman I love, more than anything in the world, is a woman I'd be willing to give my life for. My life, my throne, my power. Anything I needed to give for her I would give. I love her more than life itself. She's the one thing that grounds me, the one person who strengthens me when I am weak, the one woman who comforts me when I need comfort, and the one woman who inspires me to be a better version of myself. She's just, everything I ever wanted."

"Wow." said Sarah. Her voice softened as she realized that he was being serious. "That's actually pretty special. I didn't know you had someone like this and I didn't know this whole time. For someone to make you of all people feel that way about her, she has to be something else. Wow." she almost sounded disappointed that someone was so close to him and she had no idea. Maybe even a mild jealousy.

Adam chuckled. "Me of all people? I can love too you know!"

Sarah corrected her phrasing: "No, I don't mean in a bad way, brother. Truly, I meant that you're not easy to impress and have pretty high standards. Every friend you've chosen happen to be people who would be your friends even if you were a farmer. You choose truly good people to be in your life. I meant it in a good way."

Diana added: "Adam, have you been seeing someone this whole time and we didn't know? You've been waging battles for five years. Who is this woman that you had time to fall in love with her? I'm so happy for you but I'm also surprised!"

Adam continued: "Yeah, I had time to fall in love. She's the best I could ever dream of. She's above my level honestly. Nothing I can give her will impress her, and I bring nothing she doesn't already have."

Tarian interrupted: "Wait a minute. That's a little worrisome. You're the Crown Prince of Andoria and as of last week when I resigned and the interregnum began, you're the King-To-Be-Crowned. Time is the only thing between you and the Throne and command of the greatest military and economic might in the world. I'm concerned that you have someone on such a pedestal that you think she's above your level. There are no levels. We are all men and women with jobs to do, and our family's job is to steer this Kingdom to what is best for its people. Who has enchanted you like this my son? Your heart should not be swayed in this manner. Who is this woman that is supposedly too good for the future King of Andoria?"

Adam sat, silently, staring at the floor. Warrior tribes that broke the borders did not scare him as much as this did. His sword hand began to shiver slightly. It had once shivered on the eve of his first battle, and never again after that.

Tarian saw the look on his son's face, and the shiver in his hand.

"I've never seen you like this son. I am not angry at you but I need to know who this woman is." he said, in a low, controlled, gentle, but firm voice.

Adam finally told them what they needed to know as he looked as his father: "She is the one woman in the Kingdom, whose marriage to me would cause me to lose my absolute sovereignty and establish her as my equal on the Throne. I'd also lose my rights to any additional wives or mistresses and would have to be faithful to her alone." Adam said. Lowering his eyes. His family knew the Law. He didn't even have to explain it any further.

"Oh my God" Sarah whispered, a tear coming down her beautiful brown eye. Her cheeks flushed red as she realized what he was saying.

"Adam, there's only one woman in the Kingdom whose marriage to you would strip you of absolute sovereignty." Diana said, her voice low, barely above a whisper.

"Yeah. And I can't imagine my life without her by my side. There's never been any other woman between her and I, and I don't want any other woman. I just want her." he raised his gaze to look at his little sister. She met his gaze, her perfect brown eyes on fire. Her face held a neutral expression, as if she were trying to solve a puzzle. But her eyes were wet, widened slightly in shock, her soft cheeks flush red.

King Emeritus Tarian said, his voice bordering on anger: "Adam. This has not been done in our family for eight-hundred years. Have you spent all of this time lusting after her! After the woman you are supposed to protect! This GIRL! My daughter! This is your SISTER you are talking about. I cannot allow this."

Adam shot back at him: "Is there any other man who is worthy of marrying her? Anyone who comes close? I don't feel like I come close, I can't imagine how anyone else does. I would give my life for her."

He turned to her now, looking her in the eyes he knew so well: "Sarah, you're the most amazing, most kind, most intelligent, most wonderful woman I've ever known in my life. I can't imagine being with anyone else. I don't want anyone else. Sarah, if you'll have me, I only want you. You and no other."

The former King shot back: "This is ridiculous. I don't allow this. I did not raise my daughter to be part of a perversion."

Adam composed himself to make sure his response was measured. "Do you guys know the Law? Do you know what I'm asking when I ask this? This is one of the greatest honors that a royal family can take part in."

He turned towards his sister again. "When a High Prince asks for the hand of his own sister, our law blesses this marriage if and only if she accepts it. It also means I automatically surrender my rights to have additional wives, my rights to have concubines, and my sovereignty as High King. You'd become High Queen, Sarah. not just Queen like any other woman would be. You'd rule by my side as my partner, and if you disagreed with my decisions, it would go to the High Council."

He looked at her, all his focus, his emotion, his will focused on her beautiful, confused, face.

"My Dearest Sister, I love you, I trust you, and I respect you. I am happy to give away the chance to touch any other woman for the rest of my life if it means I get to be your husband. And I surrender my sovereignty if you will be my Queen. I'm not interested in ruling alone with some trophy wife and a harem of concubines like so many others might. I'm interested in ruling this kingdom with my best friend, my sister, my partner - the smartest, strongest, bravest, most beautiful woman I'll ever know in my entire life. You are the love of my life dear sister. There is no one who holds a candle to you in my heart."

"This will destroy our family and our Kingdom." Diana shot back.

Adam responded: "No, it won't Mother. My sister complements everything I am. She is calm when I am rash. Where I am brave she is cautious. She is strong where I am weak. She dreams when I am stuck in the ground. This kingdom will thrive under a rule that includes us ruling together. She is my other half made to be so by the Creator himself. There isn't a more intelligent woman in the Kingdom, nor someone who cares more about our people. Nor a woman whose beauty, inside and out - brings me - a general and a future king - to my knees. She was trained to rule no differently than I. My heart belongs to her and so does my throne. The Great Creator made her in a way that brings out the best in me." he said, looking at their mother.

He continued: "This is my decision. It will not change. Sarah, it is up to you now. You decide and let us know on your time." he told his sister.

The King Emeritus spoke, firmly and but quietly: "There is nothing for her to decide. The answer is no. I will not have...."

"Father." the princess said. Cutting him off. Her voice was clear as a bell, resounding, strong. As playful and fun as she could be, she knew how to command a room.

"Adam has made his decision." she announced. "This was not what any of us expected, and definitely not what I imagined. But this is his choice. Now it's up to me, and I need some time to decide what to do with the rest of my life. I'll let you know in two days. I won't need more than that."

Sarah stood up, her scarlet robe swaying down as she stood and collected herself. Her mother looked at her face, stoic and strict, thinking for a second that she was looking at the face of a Queen in the way she held herself, so unlike her usual playful personality. "I'll inform all of you of my decision soon." she declared, and walked out of the room into the hallway to her chambers. It unnerved her father to see her with such seriousness in her face. He had raised her hoping that her life would be easy.

"I don't understand. You can choose anyone, why her?" King Tarian asked his son. "I have taught you, trained you, loved you, given you everything. I stepped down from the throne and we are in an interregnum period because I trusted you to take care of this kingdom, and this family when I am gone. Why would you do this?"

Diana sighed. "I can't believe this is happening to our family."

Adam stood. "You are the best parents that anyone could ever ask for. You have loved us both, and despite having the best excuses Father, you still gave us a childhood we both cherish and never made excuses. You tucked us in every night even if your entire Council was waiting for you. I love you and I don't want to hurt you. You must understand, what I feel for my sister, it's not lust. It's not perversion."

"How can it not be? It's unnatural." the king responded.