All Comments on 'Promises'

by AlmostTabby

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
So Sad

At first I was so pissed this girl was so dense

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Ugh

Fucking annoying ass girl. I wanted to slap her around too.

EroticLitKittyEroticLitKittyabout 12 years ago
Sweet story

The names switching back and forth (Rory, Riley, Devon, Dean) were a bit confusing, and how she allowed herself to stay in that abusive situation so long was a bit infuriating, but you still get a solid 5 stars. Sometimes we forget that even the most brilliant of women have the hardest time getting out of a bad situation, and while frustrating, that aspect of your story was very real...apparently a little too real for some ;-) Job well done.

emj417emj417about 12 years ago

She puts herself into a relationship that is verbally, physically, and emotional abusive and then she stays in it. After a while I felt for her, but couldn't understand how she grew up around all those guys and didn't know how to fight. I had to agree with her brother; the girl was dense! The Author captured the abuse situation so perfect. The names changing was confusing and I wished for a better description of Vicky, but overall this story was great. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

This bitch at first irritated the fuck outta me like she so fucking naive... like come on ... he hits her and she stays ... but at least in the end she finally come to her senses (dumb bitch)

AnaEliseAnaEliseabout 12 years ago

It may of been dumb of her to stay with Devon, but it was pretty damn realistic. The sad thing is there are many abusive relationships where the victim rarely leaves or gets help. Despite this, I thoroughly enjoyed this story and it may now be one of my all time favorites. I loved how strong the bond between Victoria and Rory was, and I was so happy when they finally got together. Not to mention the fact that it was HOT AS HELL! Good job, AlmostTabby!

ImaniImaniabout 12 years ago
Sexy

Is plan be not sexy? If I fuck up and have sex without a condom the sexiest thing a man can say in the morning is "I can't believe we were so irresponsible. I'll buy you a plan b pill."

kelleigh0127kelleigh0127about 12 years ago
Pure and Simple

I just loved it. I totally understood her even if she was a bit naive but that happens when you're used to being around the guys. It's like you can't see the wonderful things others see in you. Pure and Simple I loved it and just wondering what may your next writings be like.

RedbeakRedbeakabout 12 years ago
Yawwwwnnnnnn . . .

Vikki and Rory have to be two of the most stupid people ever thought of. Hopefully they'll walk under a bus in the next chapter.

Cristeta1891Cristeta1891almost 12 years ago
Umm..

As another person already noted, the names of some of the characters kept changing so it made things confusing. I also found Vikki to be profoundly annoying and dense. I read your story "Open Window" and loved it, but this story was disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Meh

just meh. you realy could have done better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great

This was a cute story. I'll admit though, I wanted to slap some sense into Vickki, most of the time, but there are people like her and worse when it comes to getting a clue, but she made up for it in the end. I loved Rory. Her brother told her right, she was incredibly naive and clueless not to know how Rory felt about her, but hey it happens. Great story!! I don't know if you are done with it or not, but what I have read is good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
First story read on this site.

Very cute story. The long development of their relationship was painful but also indicative of how we've lost the patience to get to know someone and how that actually REALLY matters.

As for the names changing I had to tell myself perhaps Riley was a nickname but if that was the case, that should of been stated early. So yes as "another reader" pointed out it was confusing at first. Rory is one helluva guy!

Cute story

chocolatesistachocolatesistaover 10 years ago
So good

the ending especially had me in tears, so good i want a love like that so much so happy how you ended the story, continue what you do, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Lovely story. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

As others mentioned, the names flicking back and forth need to be corrected. Otherwise a very enjoyable read.

atropisatropisabout 9 years ago
wow.... really good

Great story, so fluid and filled with emotion. And of course beautifully romantic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Name confusion

Great story but it's confusing that Rory is also called Riley and Devon is also called Dean.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
She Dumb

I think that Vikki is perhaps the dumbest character in any story I have ever read. EVER. I mean, just wow. She's a moron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story but you NEED an editor...

OK did you just not proof read your work or anything. Idk how many times you called Rory the incorrect name. You kept calling him Riley.. at one point you literally called him Rory and not 5 words later called him Riley.. like wtf. And you did the same shit with Devon.. idk what other name you had for him but it confused the fuck out of me. Then I figured out what you were doing. It was an amazing story, but having someone read it for you will easily fix that. The other option to help would be to finish writing it, wait a couple days and read it again. You will notice errors easily this way. Don't stop writing, that was one of the best love storys I have read in a long time. Still worth the 5 stars even with the errors. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very good

I hope you come back to writing, you are very talented.

That said, Promises lost a star due to Riley and Dean joining the cast so often!

Read your work out loud, it is a great self-edit technique if you cannot bring yourself to ask for an editor.

J

ojalalalaojalalalaalmost 5 years ago
So, she was protected but isolated, not educated by her boy band...?

Her parents were useless as role models, mostly out of the scene, and she is *protected* by her brother and his friends but evidently never counseled by them. At one point she wanted to break up with Devon but wouldn't because she was afraid of having to deal with her changing feelings about Rory, mostly that his hadn't changed and that she'd lose their special relationship.

Rory displaced Rich as brother, and she didn't develop any self-defense skills or relationship insights from her association with so many males. She evidently had no sister friends, didn't interact with the female companions and love interests of her band of brothers. With all of those people around her, she remained socially, emotionally underdeveloped -- her emotionally crippled parents didn't help, and their example of a relationship maybe was why she chose to remain with Devon for a year.

Both outright and through omission she lied about being abused. What was that even about? She didn't want to stop seeing him because she didn't want to deal with her changing feelings about Rory? Years after prom, her brother did finally speak with her about how Rory felt, but why didn't he speak with her during that year she was seeing Devon? I hope she isn't pregnant; based on her cockeyed view of relationships based on what she's seen of her parents' and then hers acceptance/expectation of abuse with Devon, also to avoid the will-u-b-my-volunteer/victim college experiences she'd otherwise fall into, she needs therapy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Inconsistent use of names

The names Rory & Riley were used interchangeably. Devon was frequently referred to as Dean. It was distracting.

Ginger630Ginger630about 3 years ago

Is it Rory or Riley? Devon or Dean?

I loved this story, but the odd page breaks and name mix ups were distracting.

ScoratScoratover 2 years ago

Good story besides the annoying name changes, and the 3 stars (without paragraph break) to indicate time change

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What annoyed me is she had no reason not to listen to a group of boys who could have easily tried her at any time but didn't. She had a great role mode for men and dead ass was like "nah y'all don't know what y'all talking about"

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53over 2 years ago

Didn't make through half the first page, First soccer game she was 9 and three and a half years she is 15?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous