All Comments on 'Promises, Promises Pt. 02'

by ribnitin

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
4*s

Liked this better than the first part.

Thank you for an entertaining and thoughtful story ribnitin 😊.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
ribnitin... you are confused!

If this is prequel, should I not read this first?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Please Get Out of Your Own Way

@ribnitin you have talent as an author but your compulsion to include politically and/or socially charged elements to each of your stories continues to hamper your work. Quite frankly you habitually come across as crude peddler of polemic rather than a thoughtful author with valuable insights into the human condition.

Your caricature of a racist is cheap and lazy. Fried chicken and watermelon...really? If, inexplicably, racism HAD to be addressed in this story subtlety would have been vital for success. The intimacy of pillow talk provides a realist setting in which a character's racist misconceptions might be revealed in a moment of languid candor following an interracial coupling. After several hours of sex a believable character would not, however, express surprise her black paramour has no gold dental work or lacks children who are receiving government assistance.

The idea a white leftist social activist would today taunt a black man because he is a Vietnam veteran is absurd. Again, why cheapen your work with this tripe? It is neither humorous nor instructive. It portrays the author as slow not sage.

Please take time time to reflect on why you write and whether stories like this truly serve those goals. Thanks and best wishes whatever your decide.

ribnitinribnitinover 4 years agoAuthor
Dear Please Get Out of Your Own Way

Thank you for your comments. The incident with the Black veteran came from an event I read about in the news. As for the fried chicken, watermelon, etc., you would probably be surprised at the stereotyped views that many people really do hold if you speak to them in private.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
We get it you don’t like left wing people

Left/right no extremist is good, but by trying to portray left wing extremists as racist and misogynistic as right wing, you lose all credibility. Do some research, fuck google is right there. Or better yet, just drop the politics out of your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The most recent Anonymous comment

is right and is giving you good advice. BTW, your MC getting knocked out by a girl's punch is just stupid. I won't waste time on the reasons, but you plainly don't know much about fighting, sex differences, etc. In addition, the riff on "white racism" is laughable when anyone sentient knows that the real society wide problem is black racism, both privately (consult the FBI interracial crime statistics and the routine public racist comments by blacks and their "leaders") and in it's institutionalized forms (otherwise known as "affirmative action" or "diversity" programs in government, employment, and higher education). Just to illustrate, we now know that institutionalized racism at Harvard (which is typical of universities in this respect) results in whites who are admitted having SATs approaching two standard deviations above blacks, with Asians being over two standard deviations above blacks.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
You say

He doesn’t like left wing people? Hell, left wing people don’t like themselves 😂

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 4 years ago
You show depth and understanding

I love your writing. It's a real treat to read a more complex plot and belief system with interesting and believable misapprehensions. The treatment of bigotry was right on.

Way better than the last HardDaysKnight story, and more complex than BlackRandi.

5 stars & you've been favourited.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
Just plain weird

Sorry I didn’t get it. A loving wives story or a commentary on racial stereotypes

Weird

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
I'm pretty biased here because I hate antifa.

So I really enjoyed the backdrop of your story. I couldn't really find the attraction that Jennifer had for Mathew and it is kind of gross she got intimate with him but it was a fun adventure nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Remember what Mathews father said regarding abortion should be retroactive. Most antifa are still living at home, still on daddys dime, with no job or other social redeeming qualities. Hhmmm?...The Dr. needs a downfall. LP

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous