Promises Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Kira," I finally murmur, "you know I'm not a normal human being. I've just trained myself to act like one. I don't know that I've ever had a relationship before where I truly cared about my partner. This is all very new to me." I pause for a long moment, wanting these next words to be right, especially since they're true. "But holding you in my arms makes me happier than I've ever been."

She clings a little tighter to me. "Peter, I know you have to work hard to keep up your persona, but don't you realize that everyone does that to one degree or another? It's amazing how well you do it, considering the obstacles you faced. It makes me feel very special that you've chosen to be here with me. I'm scared, but I want to be with you too."

"Kira, I don't know what might happen either, but there's no big rush to do anything tonight. We're both worn out, physically and emotionally, and I don't think it's a good idea to make any decisions right now. We can talk about it in the morning, but just know that I care very much about you."

"And I care a lot about you too, Peter. Would you hold me in bed?"

"Of course."

I gently transfer her to the crook of my arm, then walk us over to the bed and pull a corner of the covers way down. I move her in my arms again so that I can lie her on her side on the bed, then slip in behind her and pull the covers up over us.

Kira presses into my chest and I revel in the feel of the smooth young skin of her back. I put my arm over her protectively, being careful not to brush against her breasts. Whatever our issues, this feels near perfect. But then I feel her tense.

"What is it, Kira?"

"I'm not sure how to ask this, or even if it's fair to bring it up."

"It never hurts to ask."

"That's a nice saying, but sometimes it does."

"Well, you won't hurt me."

"Actually, what I'm worried about hurting is our relationship, whatever it is that we've got here."

My heart clenches. What could the problem be? "Tell me what you're thinking."

She sighs. "I guess because of the way some men have treated me, I'm a little leerier of being hurt than most girls, even though I'm certain that you would never purposely hurt me."

There's just the slightest emphasis on "purposely," and I can guess why. "I hurt you by being with Anna." It's a statement, not a question.

"Look, I admit that it's completely unreasonable for me to feel that way about what you did, Peter. I insisted that we be platonic, so I had no right to feel betrayed, especially since all you did was hang out and dance with her. Still, I did feel betrayed."

"I don't think you're being unreasonable. I knew I had feelings for you by the time I woke with you in my arms that first morning. Those feelings have only gotten stronger since."

"Still, I feel bad about even bringing it up."

"You don't need too. We can't possibly know what the future holds, but I am more than willing to make you this promise; unless I let you know first, I will not so much as flirt with another woman."

"Peter, I'm not trying to tie you down."

"I understand, and I'm in no way giving up the privilege of being with other women, but no, it's not too much for you to ask that you not be caught by surprise if I do." I'd meant to say, "when I do", but the "if" just somehow feels better.

"Thank you, Peter. And of course you can expect the same of me."

Nothing more needs to be said. I feel Kira relax. A minute later, she starts to snore, very lightly.

Minutes later, I'm asleep as well.

End of Part Three

Next: Part Four -- From Oh So Right to Oh So Wrong