Propositioned

Story Info
A holiday affair was enjoyed by all.
10.4k words
3.88
28.8k
39
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mergansa
Mergansa
80 Followers

I don't know but I think every man wants his wife to be desired. He's proud of her. Other men's envy reminds him how lucky he is. He's proud of himself for having her. More to the point, a man needs reassurance that his wife likes sex. It's easy to begin wondering whether a woman really enjoys sex or only pretends to because she likes what sex brings -- children, financial security, a compliant husband, a relaxing aid to sleep. He's reassured therefore to discover that sex for her can also be a compulsion. Not all the time, but on occasions when it suits her.

My wife Penny is very attractive but not at all flirtatious. There's no cheeky hint of sexual adventure in how she dresses or in how she behaves when she's out and about. Her image fits the person she is -- a respectable businesswoman, sensible and busy with her own plans. Woe betide the callow shop assistant who wastes her time with flirtatious chat. Quite often I'll catch a man giving her a second appreciative glance, but if I mention it, Penny laughs at me and tells me I have a dirty mind.

We make love twice a week, on Wednesday and Saturday, so regular that we don't have to discuss the arrangement. We'll shower and make sure we go to bed at the same time and that's enough. And although she seemed to enjoy herself, there's nothing expressive or performative about her lovemaking. It's nothing special. She lies there and I organise things. And let's be honest, I go through the same limited set of moves every time. It guarantees success and what's the point of upsetting her by demanding something new?

So what happened is inexplicable unless you agree that we were both in the grip of a holiday enchantment. Last year I had a larger than usual bonus from work and we were thrilled to book a holiday chalet at a pretty beach resort in the sun. It was more luxurious and costly than we usually allowed ourselves and we were looking forward to making the most of it. Maybe we were both a little overstressed by work and more eager that usual to get away.

It was late afternoon, the sun scorching and I was exhausted after an early drive to the airport and a tiring flight. We had to wait at passport control, for our baggage and for the transport bus. The heat was at its peak when we finally arrived at the resort. I got our bags inside the chalet and was eager for a rest out of the sun. Penny had paused to chat to someone. I sat down on the bed and began to pull off my sweaty clothes, searching out shorts and a singlet from my bag. Penny had still not appeared after I was dressed and I went out again to see what had happened to her. She was chatting to the man in the next-door chalet.

He wasn't anything special -- a large man, balding straw-coloured hair, older than me. They seemed to be standing close and he loomed over my compact wife who was laughing at something he said. Her hand was on her hip, head tilted back and she was watching his eyes as if mesmerised. As I watched, she turned her head to show off the turn of her cheek and her pretty ear. She knew I was watching but it was as if she was spellbound. Now she was so close that her breasts were almost against the man's forearm. My god, I thought, she's flirting with him.

"I'm putting on some coffee," I called out but neither seemed to hear.

Back into the chalet, I began to sort out the baggage convinced I'd been lied to by my own eyes. My sexy wife! Couldn't she have bumped into someone she knew? No. She was flirting. I laughed out loud and had finished the luggage and was fiddling with the coffee machine when she came in.

"What was that about?"

"What was what?"

"I saw you talking to that guy."

"Just getting to know our neighbour. He's called Leonard and is a businessman -- a successful one, I should think."

"You know what I saw? You were flirting."

She laughed easily, refusing to be embarrassed or to contradict me. "Is that what you think? He's good-looking and makes me laugh. I guess I made you jealous."

"No, but you were flirting. What did he say that was so amusing?"

"Are you're sure you want to know, lover boy? Maybe some things are best kept secret. I don't want to upset you."

"Come on. Don't be coy."

"Then you mustn't laugh. He said that I'd look good in a bikini and he was sure I spend a lot of time on the dance floor working off the calories. I told him I didn't dance."

"You fell for a bit of lazy flattery."

"Don't mock. I said I'm fit from gardening. He laughed at me and said that even hardworking people go on holiday to have a good time and I should try new things. Then he invited me for a drink and said we could dance. What do you think of that?"

I laughed, enjoying the awkwardness of the situation and my wife's predicament. "Maybe he glimpsed your inner slut. What did you say?"

"Idiot. I said not without my husband. You know what? The irritating man shook his head as if it was his decision, not mine. And he said you must neglect me and he'd make sure I had a chance to show off my sexy ankles. You don't believe me, but he said that!"

"I believe you. He's hardly original. And you said what? You turned him down."

"Wait till you hear what he said next. I'm on my own till my wife arrives and I like someone to keep me amused on holiday, he says, and I bet your husband would be grateful if I take you off his hands for the duration. I'm sorry, but that's what made me laugh. He said it with such matter-of-fact charm, as if he was asking for the loan of a beach lounger."

"So he's a joker. And you said ..."

"I told him off and said it was an insulting suggestion and he laughed at me and said he liked my attitude. He told me to repeat to you what he said. He says you'll feel honoured."

"So you've done what he wanted. Of course he admires you and wants you. Any man would. You're sexy and should show it more. But you have to admit you were flirting like a teenager."

I was teasing her, confident that she was as shaken by the offer as I was. She'd let tiredness and boredom get the better of her and shown the man that he amused her. Now she was stuck with his attention. I was struck by an astonishing vision of my wife as a courtesan, the woman of a powerful man kept only for his sexual pleasure. The image made me laugh out loud.

"Let me guess. After you stopped panicking did you flutter your eyelashes and tell him to try his luck?"

She slapped me. "In your dreams, but I like him and I admit I was flirting a little. He's fun and there's no harm in letting him pretend he's chasing me. I'm sorry if that makes you feel uncomfortable but I did tell him I wasn't going to let anyone seduce me. Of course that is except you."

"You think that'll stop him?"

She patted my arm affectionately. "I can look after myself. I'm glad you've not lost your cool and I think I may practise a little flirting as a holiday pastime. It can't do any harm. Most likely he's one of those men who's full of himself and likes to make indecent suggestions to a woman but runs away if she responds. It would be amusing to make him buy me a drink. We'll both flirt like mad and that will be it. No seduction. Haha." She giggled and shivered delightedly. "No way."

"You never know, you might enjoy it so much you want more."

"Maybe. Haha. But you mean you might enjoy it -- cheap amusement at my expense. I think he'll run the other way as soon as I show him that he doesn't frighten me."

"He already knows you're interested. And you're curious to know what it's like to be dated by a handsome stranger."

"Maybe. Why not?"

"You'll have that drink, then you'll want to see what happens next. A kiss, a bit of groping, trying to assess the size of his equipment."

She slapped my arm again. "Pervert. That's what men think. I don't think like that. He amuses me, nothing more. Does it make me a loose woman if I enjoy flirting with him?"

"You tell me. And to think we came on holiday to do all the usual things -- eat and drink too much, sunbathe, fall asleep over a novel. And within minutes of arriving you're dating a stranger."

"Idiot. I'm not dating him. But so what if I did? Is a holiday romance so unusual?"

Saying it as opposed to just thinking it -- Penny dating the man --shocked me as if I'd trodden on a sea urchin. Penny flirting with an elderly suitor and being pursued. That was a shocker. Penny suggesting that a romance might develop -- well, I was unprepared me for that. All I can say is that I looked at Penny differently knowing that moments before she'd been propositioned by a stranger and hadn't dismissed him. Rather than be frightened or embarrassed, she looked pleased with herself. Excitement had put a blush of colour in her face. Did I feel put out? Honestly, I was surprised but amused rather than angry or jealous.

Penny had made our plans for the rest of the day. I had little more than half an hour to rest. Then we showered and changed and went out to eat. There was no sign of lover boy Leonard as we wandered down to the beach restaurant. I caught Penny glancing round anxiously and failed to stop myself making a joke.

"Are you sure you want a drink with me, or are you saving yourself for your lover?"

She giggled irritably. "Haha. Very funny. Serve you right if I am. I think he'd like me in my sexy frock."

"I think so too. You look amazing. Go for a drink with him and let him admire you properly. Then come back and make love to me."

"Why would you want me to do that?"

"It amuses me, my sexy wife being lusted after by a distinguished stranger."

"It's an insulting proposition -- to me and to you. You really think he fancies me?"

"It's flattering to you. Of course he finds you attractive. He wants to know you better so that he can talk you into bed."

"He has sex on the brain like all men."

"Is that a bad thing? And don't you find him sexy?"

"Don't ask stupid things. I might dance with him. I might like it a lot. What do you do then?"

"That's okay. I can deal with it. We're only here for a week and we want to have a good time."

She shook her head slowly, dubiously. "You don't understand. It's not a game. I may not be so much in control as you think."

"He's in control. If he invites you for a drink, you'll accept like a shot."

"If you take that attitude, I might agree. You never dance with me and I like dancing."

"Go for it. Why wouldn't you?"

She gave me a curious look. "There's no harm in dancing if you can stay grown up about it."

"It's a deal."

We both looked round the restaurant and I don't know whether Penny was disappointed or relieved to find that Leonard wasn't there. We enjoyed our surroundings and ate a relaxed meal with plenty of wine. It's fair to say that Penny was more animated than usual, funnier, hungrier, more aware of herself and her appearance. More than once I was the recipient of unexpected, flirtatious kisses as if she was practising. Was this what a few minutes with Leonard did to her? Or was it no more than the effect of being on holiday?

We were walking back to the chalet with the sun sinking into a glorious ochre haze behind my shoulder when we saw him. He suddenly emerged from the gloom in front of us and must have been for a walk or was coming back from eating somewhere else. There was no time to avoid him because he saw us at once and paused to let us catch up. I watched hard, greedy blue eyes examine Penny from head to foot.

"Lovely frock. I approve." Turning to me, he held out a hand which was big and muscular. "You must be the husband. I've already said hello to Penny. We're going to have a good time don't you think? Lovely weather, lovely view" -- here he was looking at Penny -- "and nothing to do but enjoy ourselves. Come and have a drink. I have a good whisky."

"What do you say?" I asked Penny. "Are you too tired."

She looked coy. "I'm fine. It's for you to decide."

"Thanks. That would be nice," I said to Leonard. "Just a quick one."

He nodded and led the way. But it seemed to me that Penny was walking with him and I was following behind. We sat down at the table outside his chalet and the sun had almost gone, the air lit by one last dim ray. He brought out a bottle of single malt and a white wine for Penny. I had a small glass of the scotch and we chatted amiably for a few minutes. Penny refused the wine but I couldn't help noticing how she sat, chair pushed back from the table, legs crossed and showing a good length of thigh. Leonard stared unashamedly. At one point he leaned forward and patted her knee. She uncrossed her legs and moved them out of reach. But moments later she was leaning forward, elbow on the table so that her arm pressed against her chest, emphasising her breasts. Leonard stared.

The last of the sunshine departed and Penny got up. "There's a chill in the air. I'm going back to our chalet."

"Me too," I said, jumping to my feet.

Leonard caught my arm. "Sit down and finish your drink. Penny will be fine without you for a moment. I have something to say."

"Goodnight Leonard. Don't keep my husband long," said Penny with meaning.

We watched her saunter over to the chalet, aware of us watching.

"Lucky man. She wants a good fucking," said Leonard.

I tried not to look shocked as I watched Penny turn the few yards between the chalets into a catwalk, neck straight, a seductive twist of the hips as she stalked across the space. It wasn't to impress me.

"I am a lucky man."

"I have a proposition for you. Give me Penny for the duration. What do you say? We'll all have a good time."

I'd taken a sip of my neat scotch and almost choked. Did I hear that right?

He continued. "There's no time to dress things up so don't be offended. We're on holiday and I want Penny. My wife's joining me soon and then she'll be yours again. Until then she'll be mine. It'll amuse us all to play out a little affair and you can have a few days to relax and be yourself."

"But I don't know what you mean."

"We agree that your wife's very attractive, very sexy. Yes? You've been married a while and it's time to let her off the leash. I'm an easy-going type but I take my pleasures seriously. Women especially. It's perfectly natural that I've taken a fancy to Penny. Give her to me and she'll have a good time. You'll be fine without her for a while and it'll be a holiday she'll remember for the rest of her life. You too."

I wanted to ask, but what's in it for me? "Do you mean..."

"You want to know whether I'll fuck her? Of course. She'll want me to. She wants to please me and she's made for sex. She just doesn't realise it. I'll reinvigorate her and make her into a sex kitten. I'm sure you'd appreciate that."

I laughed incredulously, too shocked to think clearly and uncertain whether I'd properly understood what he was proposing. His boldness was difficult to resist.

Eventually I said, "Steady on! We're here for a restful week. No alarms, no excitement, lots of sun, sea and good meals."

"You'll get all that. She'll enjoy having me take her in charge."

This conversation was strangely compelling. "That's not Penny. I know my wife better than you think. She's the bossy one and likes to make the decisions. There's nothing submissive in her make up."

He shook his head. "You notice only what you expect to find. The submissive side is suppressed but it's there. You'll see. She wants to feel vulnerable and that she has no choice but do what I want. Then whatever happens can't be her fault. And as for the sex, she can enjoy herself without having to worry about her husband's pleasure."

"And what about husbands? Do you study husbands as closely as their wives?"

"Husbands like to indulge their wives and many men like the idea that their wives are secret whores underneath the suburban pretence. A man is competitive. He wants the fastest car, the sexiest wife -- or the reverse. He gets off on having his wife pursued. Maybe you have the fastest wife and you've never noticed."

"Well, my car's not sexy. That I know!"

Leonard was wrong about Penny and I didn't feel inclined to warn him off. All the same, the conversation left me confused. It was disturbing to discuss Penny's sexuality with a stranger and especially with a man who said openly that he fancied her. I'd always considered her inhibited about sex and was sure she'd enjoy herself so much more if only she let herself go. Now it seemed that I might find out.

I had another go at putting things straight. "You think my wife's a whore but I know she isn't."

"We'll see. But it excites you to think that she is. You may as well admit it. Tell Penny what I said and she'll surprise you. We're going to enjoy our holiday."

I walked back to the chalet in a daze, shaking my head to clear away the scotch and the strange mood of the conversation. Why wasn't I angry? Why was I excited by such a stupid and humiliating proposal? And it was embarrassing that I found it erotic to discuss my wife's sexuality with a man intent on seducing her.

Penny was in bed, naked and waiting for me. We made love furiously, expending all our remaining energy. We'd both orgasmed and I was still inside her when I accused her, "You're thinking of Leonard. That why you're so turned on. You're excited by flirting with the man." I stroked my wilting cock back and forth. "You wish this was him, not me."

She was giggling and squirming against me. "What if I do? It was so sexy sitting in the twilight with him eyeing me like a lecher. If you hadn't been there, he'd have pounced."

"You want to be snared. You should have admitted to him that you're longing to spread your legs for him, that you want to be mastered and taken."

"No. That's disgusting."

"Yes, because this could be his cock now, spreading you wide and pumping you full of alien seed. Treating you like a whore, available for sex day or night."

"You have a filthy imagination."

"But you like the idea."

"It's embarrassing."

"You're thinking about it now. You can't resist him."

"No. No. No!"

Then she came again despite my waning potency and we lay arm in arm deep in our own thoughts.

Eventually, she said, "Where did that vehemence come from? You were thinking about Leonard too. Two men plotting the seduction of a poor innocent woman."

"You hope. Leonard wants me to tell you what he said. He said that I have to give you to him. Until his wife comes to join him."

She stopped moving. "He said that? What did you say?"

"I said it wouldn't work. You're the boss, you're not submissive, you're not going to do something just because he -- or I -- want it."

"I'm not? But you want to give me away?"

"It's his joke. Nothing's going to happen."

"How can you be sure? If he invites me for a drink or wants to dance, what will you do? I might agree to that and you'll not know what will happen."

"What would you do?"

"I might like his attention and tease him so that he's desperate for me. What do you think?"

"I think you fancy him."

"Why not? He makes me curious. Have you seen his hands? I keep thinking about him touching me and I want him to like me."

"You want to feel his hand squeeze your breast, push under your skirt and slide along your thigh. And you'll go to bed with him?"

"That doesn't follow. There's no way I'll do that even if you want me to. It's your fantasy -- macho bravado, nothing more. I'm not after sex."

Moments later, we were making love again. That had never happened before. At least, not for a long time.

The next morning there was no sign of Leonard. Penny was suitably embarrassed when I caught her looking out for him. She'd put on a tight tee shirt and short skirt -- an outfit I'd not seem before.

"Hoping to impress your suitor?"

"Idiot. I'd planned this for the good weather before we came but it would be nice if Leonard likes it."

Mergansa
Mergansa
80 Followers