Protecting Marcus

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

What we did instead, is walk hand in hand to my oversized shower and turned on the warm water. I knew I had an eighty gallon water heater and we probably used most of it as we washed each other. It was while I was washing her hair, with her leaning back, that I let my hands roam down and play with her breasts.

I heard her breathing go deeper as I held her against me. I moved back a little so the main spray hit right at the juncture of her nest, as my hands explored her sexy body. Before I knew it, she stiffened and started shaking. Moaning, she reached back and pulled my head down for a fierce kiss as she tumbled over into orgasm. I held her, as her body undulated against mine. I swear I could hear a buzzing in my ears as she came down.

"Oh God, I needed that..." She kissed me again as she came back to herself. The she heard the buzzing too. "Oh Shit... Dinner...!" She bolted out of the shower and grabbed a big towel and was gone. I finished rinsing and turned off the water. I dried quickly and pulled on my favorite long robe. I walked out to find Beth fussing over a large pan of Lasagna.

"You better dry off and put on something.... Not that I mind the view, sexy... but they'll be here any time." I said as I came behind her and kissed behind her ear.

"Don't get me started again.... I'm sorry I couldn't... I mean... if we get started again I don't know if I could stop." She leaned back into me and groaned.

God, I hope I'm doing the right thing... "Sweetie, I was going to wait until they got here, but I think I'll ask you first." I went into my room and pulled out a light summer dress and slipped it on with nothing underneath.

"What's that...?" Beth asked, watching me. "Aren't you going to put anything else on?" She followed me back into the bathroom so I could fix my hair.

"Nope... for some reason I'm all warm and tingly.... I want to ask if you'd mind moving in with me..." I turned and held her face so I could see her expressive eyes. "Before you say anything... I won't push... I have three rooms and you could have your own room or share mine. Marcus would have his own room and he would be safe here." I wet my lips with my tongue, not knowing how to go on.

"Are you serious?" Beth breathed.

"Yes... I haven't said it before, but... I love you... I love your son... and I'd love for you to be here when I get home." I leaned down and kissed her softly. "I'll never purposely hurt you and I've been falling for you since I first saw those enchanting eyes."

"But I don't have a job... I couldn't help pay... What about school for Marcus?" Beth tried to absorb what I was asking her.

"I'm not worried about that. You could go back to teaching next year. There's a good school for Marcus and he would be safe. But, most of all, I want you here because I love you."

"You love me? How could you love me?" Beth wiped at the tears that started to fall. "I can't... I don't... I love you too but I'm..."

"You don't have to answer now... I can wait. Just think about it and let me know. I know this is a big step for you. I want you to be able to make it for yourself, not have a comity make it for you." I would have said more, but just then Marcus knocked and barged in shouting.

"Mommy... Miss Tish... I'm here." Why is it that kids have such great timing?

"Marcus, you just don't barge into other people's houses." Anne scolded.

"We can talk more about this later... you better get dressed." I kissed her nose and headed to intercept the whirling dervish, before he could hunt us down, as I closed the door behind me, leaving Beth standing there in shock.

"Miss Tish...! He squealed as he ran to me.

"Hey tiger... tell Aunt Anne, this isn't other people's house. This is my house and you are welcome... but knocking first is always good manners." I kissed his neck, making him giggle. "Hi Anne, Paul, come in and make yourselves comfortable. Beth just took a shower and will be out soon." I greeted Beth's family.

All throughout dinner, Beth kept looking at me like I had two heads or would disappear. Anne, noticing, had to ask. "What's wrong... did she figure out what you have planned for tomorrow?"

"What about tomorrow?" Beth asked suspiciously.

"Damn... the cats out of the bag now...." I smiled at Beth. "Um, were going over to my brother's house so Marcus can play with his kids. It's Lonzo's friend who's going to sell you a new car. I thought since it's such a big decision, it would be good to have the munchkin busy with other things so you can make it in peace."

"You're just full of surprises today aren't you?" Beth said, looking at me through her eye lids.

"Well it was a thought..." I defended myself.

"A pretty good one too, if you ask me...." Anne added as Paul coughed and looked down at Marcus.

"Hey buddy; show a guy where the facilities are will ya?" He took the boys hand and said to him. "It's time like these, when a smart man makes a strategic withdrawal." He smiled at me as Marcus led him to the spare bathroom.

"I thought it would be good for Marcus to have a safe place to play with some kids his own age."

"Did you discuss the other thing with them?" Beth asked, getting angry.

"No...!"

"What other thing?" Anne tried to keep up with what wasn't being said.

"Just the car shopping and the play time... I thought they could use a weekend alone." I added. "Besides I've wanted you to meet my family in a less threatening, no stress environment."

"What other thing?" Anne asked again.

"Can it sis... My girlfriend and I are having a discussion." Beth said automatically.

"Your what...?" I asked, with my stomach clutching.

"You heard me... and if I didn't like all these plans?" Beth asked with an arched eyebrow.

"Then we'd change them... I thought you'd enjoy..."

"I didn't say I wouldn't... but things are coming a bit fast is all. I'd like some warning in the future."

"Alright, what are you two talking about, over my head...? That's just rude!" Anne huffed, not liking being left out of the conversation.

"What about surprises?" I asked, trying to set some ground rules, focusing on Beth's eyes.

"Surprises are okay, but no more bowling me over.... I can't think straight... and yes... we can make the spare room into your office...." She said, making up her mind in an instant.

"What are you talking about?" Anne's neck was about to snap as she tried to keep up.

"Are you sure?" I got up.

"Positive." She leaned up, as I bent over to kiss her hard. "I love you...." She whispered.

"Someone better start talking to me right now, or I'm leaving!" Anne hissed at us.

"Alright miss busybody... if you must know." Beth looked at her sister. "Trish asked me to move in with her and I just said yes... the rest is about if I'd be sleeping in the spare room, but we're making that into her home office instead. Any other questions...? Good!" Beth shut down her sister and then called. "Paul... get your butt in here, so we can talk about moving my stuff."

"You better go Uncle Paul, before she starts using all your names... If she does that, you're in big trouble." Marcus told his uncle as they were watching the fireworks from the hall.

"How did you get so wise?" Paul said, as they trooped back into the fray.

We talked, argued and passed ideas around the table as the lasagna, salad and garlic bread made their laps. Marcus wanted to move in that night. Anne wasn't in a hurry, but Paul wanted to wait until he could get some time off to get the guys to move all the heavy furniture. Beth said they could move stuff as she could get the rooms cleaned and ready.

I've never done anything by comity. I didn't know how to regain control. I'm sure the conversation would go on all night, but I called it quits, when Marcus started nodding off in his plate. Anne and Paul made their exit, as Beth got her son ready for bed.

***

For those who expected some passionate love making that night, you've never had to share a bed with a five year old. For those that haven't had this treat, let me tell you. Their feet are small, cold and can be quite startling when they touch places not prepared for them. They wiggle a lot, steal the covers and drool. And... they say women can talk. The biggest chatterbox I know had nothing on this amped child, who was fighting sleep, because he is squished between his mom and favorite person.

Nope, not a chance of any whoopee was happening that night. As a matter of fact, I was seriously thinking about getting a bigger bed. Who knew such a small person could take up so much room. Maybe it was because I'm used to sleeping alone, or maybe, I've bitten of more than I could chew. Only time would tell. I was prepared for any accidents though. I made sure there was a nice big towel under him just in case. My brother has told me stories about goodnight drinks and their inevitable consequences.

I'd jerked awake every time I felt a little foot come in contact with my skin. Like I said, his feet were like ice cubes. Beth, on the other hand, slept like a baby through it all. I questioned my thought process as I counted the dots on my ceiling. I also wondered about how fast things went from, think about it; to they will start moving in as soon as Marcus is out of school. That gave Beth two weeks to get the rooms cleaned and ready. I figured being educated mature adults, that it shouldn't be that bad.

My first warning should've been waking up to Marcus jumping on my bed. It seems like he and Beth got up earlier, and now it was time for me to wake up, if I wanted to or not. The only thing that saved him was that I had to go pee and the smell of strong coffee. I pulled on my robe and after I brushed my teeth, headed into the kitchen, where I was met by a chipper Beth.

"Good Morning, Sunshine... I've made breakfast. I made sure to pick some things up while I was at the store. I hope you don't mind."

"Morning...." I grumbled, giving the smiling Marcus a dirty look. "What time is it?"

"Almost eight...." Beth answered, getting a mug and a heaping plate of scrambled eggs and hash browns. "Mr. Energy over there is excited about meeting some new friends. I think he's hoping they are just like you."

"You keep feeding me like this, and I'll get fat." I mumbled as I stuffed some egg in my mouth. I had to admit. It tasted better than my usual Danish or breakfast bar on the way to work.

"Oh, I'm sure I'll find a way to keep the excess weight off you." Beth blushed.

"Not if we don't get any privacy..." I said, making her blush more.

"Yeah, well, he'll do better when he has his own bed back. He has a bed shaped like a blue sports car.... That's something I wanted to talk to you about."

"What sweetie?" I sipped my coffee. "This is great coffee."

"Thanks I got an aromatic blend. It had to be better than the pre-ground stuff in the blue can.... Um, how much leeway do I have in decorating the office and Marcus's room?"

"Yeah... Can I have a puppy, or a Bird...? Bunnies are nice too." Marcus asked with pleading eyes.

"You're not making my house into a zoo buddy. We'll talk about maybe a small dog, once you've settled in." I dashed his hopes at making his own private petting zoo.

"Well..." Beth paused nervously. "I have some stuff I've always wanted to put in his room, but we couldn't while we were in an apartment. You know some paper and paint... that kind of stuff.

"In for a pound..." I muttered before adding. "Sweetheart, I'll leave all that up to you. Just ask before you do anything to our room.... well I know you have to rearrange some stuff to fit your cloths in and everything." That was the second warning that I missed as I kissed her and went to take my shower.

We chatted about the house and being together and how we'd deal with Marcus's school. I reassured her that no matter what, they'd have a place, even if we didn't work out. I know not the most romantic thing to say after you've invited your girlfriend to live with you, but we were all going to have to do some adjusting.

Beth's nerves showed a little bit as we parked in front of my brother's house. Cherie, Alonzo's wife quickly put her at ease. "Lonzo, your sister and her friend are here... and you must be Marcus." She greeted Beth's son. The kids are in the TV room watching cartoons. Have you had breakfast yet?"

"Yes Ma'am... Mommy made eggs and mush browns" He said seriously

"Mush Browns... I don't think I've ever had those. What are they?" Cherie asked stooping down to eye level.

"You know, when you mush up tatoes, and make them all brown in a pan." He said it like everyone should know what mush browns were.

"I'll take him back..." I told my sister-in-law. "I can make the introductions." I took Marcus's hand and started down the hall to the backroom to the kid's TV and game room. I met my brother half way. "Hey Lonzo, this is Marcus."

"Hey Trish... Hi Marcus... Jason said we could meet him about ten or so." He leaned down and gave me a hug, watching as Marcus buried his head in my leg. "The kids should make him feel at home in no time. We might open the pool and grill this afternoon. Does he have a suit?"

"I didn't think of it..."

"He can borrow one." He smiled and went toward the kitchen, where I knew Cherie was chatting up Beth. "I'll go ask his mom if it's okay." He said as he walked away.

Marcus looked at me with round eyes. "He's big!" He whispered.

"Yeah, but he's nice. Beside I can still beat him up." I smiled at him as we entered the kid's domain. Within five minutes, he was talking away with the other kids. They ranged from a little older, one the same age, and one younger. They were debating the important subject of which superhero had the coolest power.

I went into the kitchen to rescue Beth from the interrogation I knew she'd be getting, as my parents came in and joined the crowd. Lucky for me, Cherie has a subtle way of knowing how to be the perfect host and buffer. Every time someone asked a question that made Beth pause, she'd ask about what type of car or amenities she was looking for, instantly defusing any tension. The laughter of the kids, including her son's also helped. As it got time to leave, my brother asked.

"So do you want to take your car? Mine's too small to fit all of us. We could take Cherie's mom-bomb..."

"You just want to drive my car." I told him, knowing his game.

"Well yeah, I was thinking about getting something bigger...."

"Yeah right..." I scoffed. "You'll never get rid of your car, or the motorcycle."

"It is becoming a classic... I might want to garage it." He smiled.

"No, you just want to drive my car... I know you Lonzo; I also know how you drive."

"You know driving in the back makes me sick..."

"I could ride in the back." Beth volunteered.

"Don't fall for his line of crap. This is all about his male ego... 'A man should drive if he is in the car'... You should hear him and dad fight when they have to figure out who drives. They usually end up taking two cars.... My car bucko, I'm driving!" I put my foot down as my mom laughed.

When we arrived, we let Jason do his thing. He was the best a putting the right car in front of you. For Beth he chose either the VW or the Audi A3. When she argued that her brother said a larger SUV or truck would be safer, Jason told her that these were in the top five of three of the top safety tests. They were literally the safest cars she could buy.

When money became an issue, Jason convinced her to put enough down that with the rest of her settlement, she could pay the payments for two years. By then she's be able to continue her payments or trade in for another car without losing her investment. Her only other option would be to lease it, but Jason said, that for her, would be a rip off.

After the mandatory test drives, Beth decided on the four-door VW. It felt better to her and it had more room for Marcus's car seat. I even relented and let my brother drive my car home, so I could go with Beth in her new car. It wasn't a wasted three hours, and the rest of the day went as well as could be expected.

I won't go into the questions, comments or looks I got after Marcus told everyone that they were moving in with me. I know my father would call me at work, then he'd tell my mother, who would tell everyone else. I think they were more put out by the fact that I hadn't told them anything of this beforehand. It wasn't like I was keeping secrets, everything had just happened. It's not like I feel I have to keep everyone posted via twitter.

That night, at least I was able to snuggle with Beth, as we decided to put Marcus on the outside instead of between us. It helped a little. The real problems didn't start until the next week. You know Mr. Murphy and the law named after him. Yeah, we got well acquainted.

I'm the first to admit, I don't handle change that well. So, for me to find something had been moved almost every day when I got home, did stress me a little bit. Add to that the review at work, with the chaos it brings with it. I was wired tight as a drum. The final straw had to be being that close to someone I wanted to make love to, but there was always something that got in the way. I admit it, I was horny as hell, crabby and ready to explode.

The crisis hit on Wednesday. I worked on the report half the night. I printed it out and put it where I knew I could find it. That morning, the alarm decided to throw a fit and refuse to go off. So, instead of going in early, I ended up showing up fifteen minutes late.

Have you ever had a day that no matter what you did, you fell farther behind? By noon, David, was looking for a place to hide. I sent the department heads scurrying back to their offices with my dictates in hand, knowing that jobs were on the line and I wasn't taking any crap from anyone.

It was when I went to take legal the pre-report; I found that I forgot it. I stormed back into my office ready to behead the next person who interfered with me getting back on schedule. Of course one of the 'premiere' doctors complained to the board about one of my changes in his department, and I was stuck on a conference call with the board the rest of the afternoon. I had hoped to go home and take a long soaking bath in the spa tub and maybe fine the privacy to relieve some of my stress with my lover.

When I opened the door, it looked like a bomb had gone off in my usually immaculate home. I heard the music blaring out of the back room and could smell the paint and glue as I surveyed the wreckage of my living room. My cork popped and I yelled,

"What in the hell is going on here?" as I hit the off button to the stereo.

"Hi babe, I'll be out in a minute... I have to get this paper up before the glue dries." Beth's disembodied voice came through the door. I looked around; trying to find a place I could safely put my stuff down. Stomping into my room, I found even the bed was covered with the drapes from out of the room Beth was working on.

I tried to stay calm and she set her case down next to the dresser. Taking some aspirin, I waited. A few minutes later, Beth came out looking disheveled. Her hair was pulled up, except the few wisps that framed her face.

"I'm sorry about the mess... I'll clean it as soon as I'm done..." She said instantly upon seeing my face.

"What happened?" I asked trying to keep calm.

"Paul and some friends brought over Marcus's stuff... I was trying to get it all done before you got home." Beth paled at my obvious anger.

"Do you know where my stuff is from this morning?" I growled.

"No.... I... um...." Beth started to back up. I spun around, ready to take a verbal stripe off Beth's hide. When I saw her face, I went instantly cold. I could see the naked fear and defensive posture.

"Beth... Bethany!" I called out to the cringing woman. Beth's head snapped at her name, but her mind was elsewhere.