Pumpkin Patch Change in Plans

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's going to be Borgmann, Grandpa Joe." Andi was prepared for half her students to still call her Ms. Thomas for the rest of the school year, but she had already requested the new sign for her classroom door the Monday after they set the wedding date.

"I guessed right again." Joe smiled briefly. "Since you fulfilled my last promise to her, you more than earned it, both of you. Love each other and enjoy every moment, happy or sad, painful or joyous. It goes by so much faster than you think."

"We will, Grandpa." Andi came in for a hug, wiping tears from her eyes before they ruined her makeup.

"Since you two aren't going to get married in the spring anymore, can I steal your weekend for a ceremony of my own?" He hugged back without getting off the bench.

"Of course. What do you have planned, Grandpa?"

"I want to..." Another tear interrupted his sentence. "I want to spread your grandmother's ashes out here in the garden. I didn't want to take the focus off your celebration this weekend."

"That sounds beautiful, Grandpa. How about the weekend before the grand opening?" Andi suggested. Calling Joe Grandpa sounded natural.

"That would be perfect."

"You two go on and get to your reception before they send out a search party. This doddering old man needs a few more minutes with his wife. Do you want to leave Kage with me? I would like the furry company."

Rylan looked over to Andi and lifted his eyebrows. She knew what he wanted to do and gave him a little nod. "Not a problem, Grandpa. First, we have something for you. Shawn hasn't finished things yet, but we wanted to get your approval for the entryway for the gardens." He pulled an envelope from his suit jacket.

Andi unfolded the diagram of the sign. "This was Ry's Idea." 'Martha L. Borgmann Memorial Garden' was in flowing but clear text. At the top right corner, a monarch butterfly looked to have alighted. Buzzing through the script was a ruby-throated hummingbird that was Grandma's favorite. In the bottom left corner of the sign was a beautiful pair of tulips with a rose separating them.

"Don't let her give you the humble act. That's her script." Rye was smiling proudly.

"It was a group effort. I did the lettering, Rylan made the monarch, Davis drew the hummingbird, Cynthia printed the flowers, and my brother Shawn will help make it at his internship." Andrea pointed out as Joe clutched the paper.

"Something else to brag about to your grandmother. She's still blessing my life each and every day. Thank you, this is amazing. Now, go on before your reception gets hungry and eats your cake without you."

"Sure, Grandpa. Are you going to be there when we cut the cake?" Rylan asked.

"I'll be there soon. Save a dance for me, Andi."

"I have plenty of practice dancing with a one-legged man." Andrea smiled through happy tears.

"Hopefully, you will have a lot more. I love you both; congratulations."

"For the first time, please help me with one more round of applause for RyeRye and Queen On-di Cyborg!" Rylan and Andrea entered the party barn to raucous applause. On a projector was a photo from their wedding only a half hour ago. Except beside her in her dress, there stood Rylan in his robotic costume from the harvest dance two years ago. Andrew must have taken the photo from the wedding, judging by the angle. Andi recognized the art of quick photo manipulation as a pure Cynthia art project.

Davis was enjoying playing the emcee for the night. He had his boyfriend's three-year-old daughter, Marla, on his hip; Andi knew that girl would soon be their baby's cousin. Her brother-in-law was smitten with Andrew and the prospect of having his own family. Cynthia and Kyler were seated at the head table with her fiancé; giving up their first date night had been fruitful for the woman. Smiles, claps, cheers, and good-natured laughter greeted them. This was where Andrea belonged, clutching the hand of her wonderful husband in the perfect place to raise their family.

1...67891011