All Comments on 'Punch and Judy'

by MortonGrange

Sort by:
  • 105 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
That was pathetic

MortonGrante is a big name. This didn't live up to the billing. Who knows what was going on here. I don't think the author does. Just an inane, mixed up pile of words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
All this setup, and what?

We don't get to watch Judy suffer?

Or see here struggle to regain what she lost?

Sorry, but that takes all the fun out of reading your story.

I might read your next story.

If I'm bored.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Ugh, boring garbage, couldn't get past page one and who the fuck says 'shan't' 1*

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
Pseud or Stotic ? Iconclastic wife puts hubby thru grist mill to find out what he's made of

The Top 5 Foremost RIGHT and wrong Literary Features Employed To Multitudinous Effect by MortonGrange in my estimable and yet oh so HUMBLE opinion. 

Legal Disclaimer : Any and all damages incurred by  1)mouthbreather entities scoring on moral absolutionist basis on fantasy/porn website regardless of actual story craftsmanship  are hereby disallowed

2) Ditto for cretin anons, perusing said elucidation(s) contained herein for use or misuse in process of attempting to reinforce their blighted view of life and universe at large and wilfully not staying in their  designated troll lane

1) RIGHT : Serious writers have their reasons for everything they do. Those actions may be disconcerting or obscure. MortonGrange stories shouldn't be undertaken unless readers bring their A-game and set aside conventional expectations of house in burbs, picket fence , the hero's journey to mythic happily ever after and 2.5 kids.The bleatings of the Babbitt pod people will resound in comment column. Love it.

2) WRONG : This is a matter of personal taste. No story behind the story to be found . here. No back history or flashbacks to assist reader in aquiring context .Marcus meets Judy ripe for havoc right from the getgo. Weeding out the weak ones in terms of readers is one thing. This was full on Thomas Berger or Anthony Burgess where author streamlined anything superfluous to nihilist and carnal chicanery.

The author kept those back story cards close to his vest from start to finish. Like it or lump it . I wound up liking it fine, but that doesn't mean I didn't flounder en route.

3) RIGHT : Flip side of no.2 is that omission is literary art form. The story never coasted from initial notebook discovery to Marx Brothers - esque jam-packed free-for all where all characters' agendas played nigh lethal King of the Mountain. In the end , Howard saw the all synergy in his marriage had gone and the only way to really win Judy's game was to leave it. Kudos.

He wisely chose not cling to sundered marriage for any scraps of solace his rogue wife would have proffered.

4) WRONG : This is shameless quibble. Judy's notebook entries should have been in italics.  Maybe next time.

5) RIGHT : It's said the best revenge is not to become like your enemies. Howard wasn't a twit . He improvised with three strange and initially skeptical women at hotel restaurant and did quite well in demonstrating that he could play Marcus's game on a scale of his own. This was much to Judy's discomforture and probably comic highlight of story.

He chose to nip that escapade in bud and not mindlessly devote life to hedonistic pleasure. Well played, if one is of a philosophical bent.

Bottom line(s):  Howard walked away in the end. He foresaw the wasted time in trying to coax the mare back in barn after door was left unlatched. Could he have forced Judy back into a semblance of connubial union. Maybe. But it would be a sham for all involved.

Hence the virtuoso Irish Goodbye without shouting or remonstrations. Fading out like closing notes of Berlioz's " Symphonie Fantastique" ,Boston Symphony version with Sir Colin Davis as conductor.

Ergo the obvious rating. 

Full marks * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
MortonGrange wrote this? Really?

What the hell was this pointless crap?

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
EXIT STAGE LEFT

and when your part is over and lines have been recited, Look for another part, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
erotic barometer

If lordslamdawg says he likes it, it's not erotic and probably wasted effort on the part of the author to post.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
confusing story

This was confusing. I am confused if it was meant to be confusing, but all the same, too confusing.

DeYaKenDeYaKenover 6 years ago
Hurried at the end but for the most part ,great

Not Erotic? Look up the meaning of the word. A story doesn't have to be filled with plunging penises to be erotic. It's definitely not a stroke story but it had its moments.

What it was, was a great study of people and the way they can grow apart and want different things. I loved the uncertainty of it all. Was Marcus (Mark) the great lover? or was it all just a game to spice up Judy's boring life? We never really know, but that isn't what is important here. It was all about two people not understanding each other.

I felt that the ending was a bit rushed but it did reveal most things. Morton Grange usually goes for reality, but I think in the real world the finale would have been more protracted. I'm glad it didn't end like the real Punch & Judy story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
idiot

An idiot for husband. Well written, but a bad story.

cordialddcordialddover 6 years ago
wow.

The depth of Howard's demise rivals an Ibsen play. L W may be a challenging place to post it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story but flat finish

Really well written tale taking the reader through the husband’s anguish. The finale built up to a sudden squelch which has disappointed many LW fans. Maybe there’s a sequel?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Please finish the story

I hate when you read a good story and there is no real ending

likeboblikebobover 6 years ago

Thanks for the story, it is nice to see you back.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 6 years ago
Can you say "High Maintenance?"

Women like her are not as much fun as they think they are. Even if she wasn't cheating, she spun her web to tightly that Howard would never be sure. Time to find a better woman.

Rhadman66Rhadman66over 6 years ago
Great story

Hoping for another chapter!!

sdc97230sdc97230over 6 years ago
I had a hard time seeing this happening

Howard just didn't come across to me as the kind of man who would find that notebook and assume it was just a story.

FD45FD45over 6 years ago
I saw this television cli

It was a Japanese game show. the men were dressed in slick rubber with bare feet and hands. They had to climb a three story stairway of ice to reach the top. Of course cold water was running down the ice, causing the absolute maximum amount of slipperiness.

Falling on ice can be painful. None of the contestants walked away unbruised or battered.

The entertainment, such as it is, is watching someone trying this mad endeavor.

But the only people who suffered as much as this idiot of a husband was the reader wading through this story. After about page two of this 'tension' one realized that the grand prize at finishing the climb was, in fact, a $10 check.

The juice is not worth the squeeze.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Welcome Back

Morton,

Haven't seen you in a while, just wanted to say "Welcome Back"! Your stories are always well constructed and thought provoking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A pleasure indeed

I loved it, very entertaining, had me puzzled until the end, which was exactly right.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 6 years ago
What could be next?

OK, I read the whole story and enjoyed it but also hated it. Whether she has cheated or not, the mental cruelty she has inflected on Howard is way over the top. If he doesn't get out he will lose his mind.

Please write another chapter and clear this mess up.

Thank you

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

As usual,writing these as I go.

I don't know if her writings are fantasy or not, but I always get aggravated at the "boredom" or similar excuses. Don't these "bored" wives think that their husbands might be bored, too?

Why the fuck is he actually letting her go with the damn note? He can't call it cheating because she's told him and he's given permission. He has to tell her that he wasn't serious, and he DOESN'T want this! Why is he so sure that Marcus is made up?

"That's why I ended it eventually." - I thought Howard made her end it?

Good for him! I for one think that she WAS cheating, would Brendan and Marcus be getting so worked up over who was Judy's "boyfriend"?

These wives complain about their "dull, boring" husbands, but they crave the stability they provide, and don't do anything themselves to make the marriage more exciting for BOTH of them!

VickieTernVickieTernover 6 years ago
It's amusing and appalling

that the mostly Anons on this site display severe "real" reactions to the fictions on this site, just as many of us with real-enough names consider the stories to be mere -- not analogical -- fantasies or exempla, kinds of moral tales. That we live our lives in "real" worlds created by our minds deliberately or necessarily, yet also implacable real worlds where events occur regardless, that our world is "what we half-create and half-perceive," -- is a profound observation. To compound it with Literotica's world of fictive sexual suspicion and yet the justified faiths essential to happiness, you took a huge risk in this tale. Yet brought it off, in some ways profoundly! Do explore the subject further! (This is the first of your stories I've read, and now I'm bound to read the rest!)

frazodfrazodover 6 years ago

The last paragraph explains that he is leaving. He will have no more to do with Judy as his wife.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The anguish and pain felt real. The ending was appropriate. Simply leaving, no more games, he is done.

I, too, enjoy Mr. Grange's works and hope he does not despair due to the score or the comments.

Thank you for writing and posting again. I have missed your work.

gordo12gordo12over 6 years ago
Interesting story

4*

A short sequel or epilogue?

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 6 years ago
Thank God! Another 5* story from one of our best authors!

An interesting psychological study.

Might there be a part 2, please?

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 6 years ago
Annoy, people in Britain, Ireland, Australia, South Africa, Canada, India

and other civilised places say "Shan't."

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very artful and obscure, like an abstract painting.

Abstract art sucks.

patilliepatillieover 6 years ago
Moved along brilliantly

as I was keen to see if it was "Live or Memorex" but at the same time this was all helter skelter, like being high in a dark room with strobe lights. I think that is what you were going for, since you didnt reveal what exactly was going on. But well done and entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Seen a picture of his wife naked on another man phone then go home and fuck her that night?????? That's funny

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Unsettling

but, overall, I liked it. No, there should not be a sequel or a second part. Like our protagonist, we don't really know if Judy has fabricated everything or not which is how it should end even if it pisses off many readers that want everything tied up in nice package.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Moron

The hubby is a total moron for staying that long in the marriage to this slut. At least he woke up in the end and now the evil butch can go fuck both lovers at once and keep on adding more. Oh fuck that she may as well go get a pimp and get paid to wore herself out.

DeYaKenDeYaKenover 6 years ago
What you want to believe

Staggering isn't it. Every four years people go to vote based on what they want to believe. Yet when you write a story about a man who wants to believe something, the very same people say he and the author are stupid wimps. Nobody but a loving wives reader finds notes in a book and immediately thinks his wife is cheating on him. Like Howard, he asks why she would leave the notebook in a place where he was sure to find it. He doesn't want to believe his wife is having an affair so he looks for something to justify what he's read.

Howard convinces himself that this is all a game, the same way that we convince ourselves that the inane ramblings of the people we put in power are part of a clever plan that will benefit us all. Just like Howard, we are more comfortable believing that.

Howard is a quiet suburban man who wants a quiet suburban life. What you see in the story is him trying to preserve that life. Only when he realises that he can no longer have that life with Judy does he give up.

It no longer matters what the truth is when it hurts too much we vote for change.

vazkor13vazkor13over 6 years ago
I love the mystery

@deyaken : 110% agree with you !

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
No thanks

Not for me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@VickieTern Re: "It's amusing and appalling"

I'm not sure if you're criticizing those of us who choose to react to the story as if it were real.

The writer has gone to some trouble to create a situation, however implausible it might be.

Frankly, as a sometime writer myself, I'd be insulted if people didn't care about the things that I write!

You notice that you rarely see these analytical comments on the cuck stories.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 6 years ago
Sphinx without a secret?

By Oscar Wilde??

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
"Analytical Comments", SB ?

Some stories elicit more analytical comments from the more thinking members of the commentariat when they are written with unanswered questions or ambiguous situations, SB.

I don't see it as being a function of whether or not it is one of your beloved 'consequences' stories, one of your hated 'cuck' stories, or somewhere in between.

Lue

ribnitinribnitinover 6 years ago
Great tension

There was great tension through the story, with the reader kept on edge alongside Howard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank You

I can only say Thank You for such an interesting slant to this story. It did keep me wondering from beginning to the end,( well almost the end). When you brought in the volunteer workers and the charities. That was like adding ketch up to the flavor of a steak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very good...but

I greatly enjoyed the tension and uncertainty, but the ending was--to say the least--unsatisfying. I'd give it a 5 except for the poor finale.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
I don't agree, SB

Stick with public replies, SB, it's more fun and you might attract more of the collected wisdom of the commentariat.

You say: "Analytical comments - MOST BTB/Consequence stories actually have a STORY that you can analyze, almost NO cuck stories do."

Your biases are showing, SB. What is there about revenge/retribution that is more analysable than submission/humiliation? They are both equally abhorrent. They are both equally open to analysis if that's your thing.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Poor

That’s not an ending, fix it!

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 6 years ago
Great ending

Let Judy the slut play around until she's a saggy old maid. Moving on for Howard is the best of all outcomes since Judy would never be satisfied with "just Howard".

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
A Classic Ending in the Vein of ' Catch22'

I would make an analogy that Howard was very much like Yossarian. As for Judy ? Her character was a hybrid of Colonel Cathcart and Nately's Whore with bit of nascent Milo Minderbender to boot.

xtremeddxtremeddover 6 years ago
Deep and not for 4th grade reading level....

Thanks for sharing your hard work on Lit!

x

AyreGuardAyreGuardover 6 years ago
Comments

I think the true score of a successful story is the total number of comments. Did she or didn't she? The answer is she did. So having stated the obvious, the next question is not why, because that answer is she was bored and Howard is dull and the marriage was and is in a rut. Judy is pretty and desireable. The question is why did Howard disbelieve? It was his defense mechanism. He liked dull and boring where everything is safe. Judy cheated to feel alive. She had her safety net with Howard. Could he step up his game and excite her. Yes, but only for awhile. This deserves a better ending so Howard can have his "aha" moment. Howard leaves and removes the safety net. Excitement like a flame cannot sustain itself. She misses what she once had and he learns to crave some excitement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
users

Got more sense out of "Helter Skelter". At least Mansion had threads to unravel.

FD45FD45over 6 years ago
Allow me to clarify

The emotional engagement was okay but the premise was incredibly simple. Was she or wasn't she cheating? After that, it was all 'back and forth' insinuations for 4 frigging pages, with the very occasional bit of 'happening' in the story.

All my minds ear could hear was two West End types screaming accusations at one another endlessly and repetitively. All show, no go. It was almost a painful read.

But this is a personal opinion. I am sure many other people enjoyed it more.

PencarrowPencarrowover 6 years ago
AN HONEST REVIEW

In MortonGrange’s bio he asks for honest feedback. I’m happy to spend some time and thought to do just that because I rate his stories in the highest echelon here on Literotica (and by the way, welcome back. Good to see you are still very much alive and writing).

Overall the story is a twist on the classic comedy of errors, but the errors are much more serious in this story and the comedy is definitely lacking.

I found the story started well and the style of Judy’s original journal entry seemed to indicate that it was just a fantasy story, but it wasn’t long before my heart was racing and the adrenaline pumping as I placed myself in Howard’s shoes. The tension was really good, and it was enhanced because we could see that the journal entries were real but Howard couldn’t.

How do we know they were real? Simple, because the story is posted on a site that caters for porn for the mind, so of course we anticipated the worst. That Howard couldn’t, or didn’t, want to see this was infuriating. So many times, I wanted to reach out and smack some sense into Howard. As the story evolved I almost gave up on him as a lost cause, but he retained just enough indecision and bowel-churning anxiety for me to keep reading to see what happened.

You wrote Howard as a somewhat staid, predictable husband, but when he meets Marcus he becomes decisive. He decides it’s not a game (but also decides Marcus is not the real guy she is fucking). He is brazen in going to the table with the three women and has the confidence to bluff his way into their little group, and he shows he can also play the same game as Judy. But then, the next morning when Judy returns home, Howard asks her to stop playing the game.

This on again-off again thinking seems to permeate the rest of the story, and it’s confusing to me. If you wanted to show Howard as being even more indecisive than we already knew, then so be it, but I think it detracts a little from the “Howard with backbone” we saw at the hotel when he sits down with the group of women.

Judy’s character also changed over the course of the story, but I found the changes more difficult to accept. At first, she was considerate to her husband, and even if we weren’t sure initially if the journal entries were real she still professed to obey her husband’s wishes. Although Howard gave her written approval to have dinner (I note that he never gave permission for anything else), the resulting affair with Marcus was a good plot device, because we could see it from Judy’s point of view. She could justify her cheating because she believed she was only doing what her husband allowed. That the approval was given under false pretenses is neither here nor there – they were both operating under a huge misunderstanding, and in another world this would be the comedy of errors.

What I found difficult to accept was the way Judy seemed to go from considerate (well, sort of considerate) wife to dominate bitch who wanted sexual and absolute power over Howard, and then almost back again to how she was initially. I think this is where the plot faltered a little bit, because the transition seemed too quick and did not fit my original view of Judy (hey, I’m a trusting guy who takes people at face value). When they were with Marcus at the hotel she tried to totally dominate and bully Howard, but then she has loving and gentle sex with Howard later. I know it’s a cliché in Loving Wives for women to be like this, and you did say Judy was often “manic and overwrought, sometimes depressed and self-loathing”, but I find the transition a step too far.

Marcus also seemed to change too much. At first he was so self-assured and dominant, a power-player who seems successful in seducing any woman he wants. But after Judy tells him it’s over, and especially after Brendon almost rams him with the forklift, he behaves like an insecure, meek little boy with his tail between his legs. Not the same character we saw at the start.

And did Howard finally toss the cheating Judy away? At the end Howard was tired of playing the game (even though he said it wasn’t a game), and the antics of Marcus and Brendon were just too much for him. He says

"You win Judy. I'm leaving now. You stay and help your friends. I shan't be home when you're done."

This would indicate either he is leaving her, or going out somewhere to think. We aren’t sure, because the story ends on an ambiguous note:

“Let her play her games alone and maybe she would discover that they did her no good. He wanted a predictable, relaxing life with a wife who was there when he needed her. He didn't want to fight for Judy, at least not in the way she wanted. Maybe he was being unrealistic, but it was what he wanted and needed. His part in the drama, whatever that had been, was done.”

Well, did he divorce or did he still think some sort of game was going on and he wasn’t going to play it anymore? I’m going with the divorce, because he knows she was naked for Marcus and all the evidence points to adultery whenever and with whomever she wants. I’m not sure about the ages of the characters, but Howard appears to be a successful analyst, and I imagine him being in his late thirties or early forties. But here is another plot problem, because Judy behaves more like a spoilt 20 year old who has not grown up.

Despite the changes in character for the three main protagonists, I still thought the idea of a sexual comedy of errors was a novel one. I think the low score (at time of writing this) is undeserved and I gave it 5 just to try and balance the books. I don’t rate it as highly as “Caroline Alone” or “The Duel”, but they are both very hard acts to repeat. Thank you so much for writing it, and I enjoyed reading it and commenting on it.

MacDapperMacDapperabout 6 years ago
Excellent

Excellent story… sort of humorous as the husband is slowly and painfully enlightened as to his wife’s (in)fidelity. She was so very adept at parsing the nuances of their relationship. Regarding the husband’s quandary, was it due to self deceit, willful ignorance, a desire for humiliation or the optimistic hope that this was just a sexy game by an engaged and faithful wife? Maybe it was all of these factors.

Its a pleasure to come across such an interesting and nicely written story. Please continue.

TatankaBillTatankaBillabout 6 years ago
A classic tale

Once again you've posted a beautifully written story. It's agonizing to read, teasing, taunting and infuriating. It's spare and elegant and frustrating. I won't pretend to analyze the characters. You've done that brilliantly already- that's the story. I've seen some fine stories about mind games and mental cruelty on Literotica and none were more enjoyable than this. Some have been painfully drawn out much longer but I can't recall any with more impact.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 6 years ago
Amazingly tense story

I found your characters somewhat inconsistent and hard to follow. Presuming each of the characters played out as described, I choose to believe Howard is indeed the winner in all this.

In the psychological tug-o-war crafted by Judy Howard reached a crisis point in the warehouse. He realizes he is being driven into a state of irrationality and jealousy. I dawns on him that Judy is a sadistic personality and the only way to win the tug-o-war is to let go of the rope and walk away. And, I believe, he will indeed walk away and not return to the fray.

I am more than curious what the author would do with a sequel to this story. I began by reading "The Duel" and enjoyed its finality. These two offerings were written some six years apart and I wonder if the author's ability or desire for finality. As Chekhov opined "If you show a gun in [a prior paragraph], you must fire it in [the next]. Did Howard, indeed, let go of his end of the rope? Or is this whole piece made up of escapees from an insane asylum?

Only the author knows! I scored it a 5*s for the craft, and 3*s [liked it - keep writing an ending] for the story. :o)

Since this was published this year I will add this author to my fave list so I can easily check back, looking for new efforts.

PencarrowPencarrowalmost 6 years ago
THINKING SOME MORE ABOUT THIS STORY

There is something about this story that leaves a bit of an empty feeling, and I think its low score despite being written by one of THE top writers on Literotica reflects this.

After reading it again, and then reading all the comments, I think the problem is that the end has been left hanging. The previous comment by ErotFan -- among many others -- is very pertinent, and on reflection I can see that “The Duel” and “Caroline Alone” both had endings where there was resolution to the lives of the main characters.

It’s no surprise to me that they also had very good reviews and scores, because we, the readers, are also invested in the characters and are very curious to know how things work out in the long term.

I’m not a writer, but I do like to think about the craft of writing and about what works and what doesn’t. I’ve become convinced that an ending that ties up loose ends is important and desirable, especially when writing in the “Loving Wives” section here on Literotica where the readers have strong expectations of what constitutes a just and good ending.

So, despite being a very good story that is well-written, original, and high in producing an emotional response, in my opinion it suffered because we were left wanting a resolution that never quite eventuated.

mower9527mower9527almost 6 years ago
Pencarrow has nailed it.

this story, excellent though it is, has a sense of loss of resolution. perhaps that's what MG was going for but somewhat unsatisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Who knows if she was cheating

Either way, Howard is an idiot to let the cheating or the 'story' continue. By the end I gave up caring one way or the other.

3*

rick_ohrick_ohalmost 6 years ago
Lots of tension and conflict...

But no resolution. To a reader, that's quite frustrating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So I'm undecided

Is your writing clever and you've fashioned a complex relationship between Judy and Howard? They're enjoying a game between husband and wife? Or is this just another crummy story about a cheating wife and her dullard husband? That wasn't very well written with short, choppy sentences and unrefined, undefined conversations in which no one really knew what the other person was saying or inferring? I'm going with the latter explanation, confirmed when you left this mess completely unfinished. Badly done and the non-ending ruined any chance this story had of being entertaining.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 5 years ago
The Game

I liked it.

It's JUST like The Game with Michael Douglas, but with sex instead of clown cameras.

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
No real resolution

Ive enjoyed your previous work..this one im undecided on. Il reread it in a couple months.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
More, more more!

You left me wanting more. More resolution, more confrontation, more catharsis (either in the characters, or perhaps, in us, the readers). Really, really good. In Caroline Alone, you do a long, extended journey into life after the husband's discovery and revenge. Here the husband is never, never sure what happened though, the reader, I believe is aware. Of course that depends on whether Howard is a reliable narrator (since this is first person).

One thing that stand out (besides the good writing) is that by the end, the tone suggests the "Life is a Dream" theme common in may stories and novels and plays. Howard only feels exhausted and realizes he will never find out the truth, but somehow he has to survive by getting away.

I know that some readers are frustrated that you might not spell out what happens after... but this is not a how-to-manual, or a "Cuckolding for Dummies!" I think you're trying to create a work of fiction. A work of the imagination. Not just you the writer's imagination, but also the reader's.

So dear readers, imagine away!!

But this was a really, really good story.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
Wonderful!

Please keep contributing.

4-stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
You’ve Taken A Break Before

Enjoy this one then come back with more!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 5 years ago
Wow

How did this get past me. Phenomenal. What a great ending. How devastating for Judy if Howard wouldn’t be there to play the game anymore. Home run. Grand Slam. Sorry for the American vernacular, but that was the perfect ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I felt like someone slipped me a combo of adderal and rohypnol

when i read this crap

is howard suffering from dementia? did he suffer mental retardation from a severe blow to the head no one in his life noticed?

Those are the only two explanations that would allow any sane rational person to accept this "story" from his POV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Howard the cuck

Not badly written but even with the glimmer of a backbone all he did was whimper out. Disappear while she wasn't there.

She was obviously ill and he knew it and did nothing.

She was off in a different world can she be blamed?

Maybe Howard could have shown some initiative and left the diary on the bed. Maybe he could have wrapped a stool around Marcus and told Judy no to the letter, to the letter being multi use, no to lunch with Brandon.

All the men in this are sad vile examples I would want no where near my nearest and dearest.

enderlocke27enderlocke27almost 5 years ago
yeah

im starting to see a trend here u dont end ur stories very well. di or didnt they get a divorce, did he leave her? what happen

calibammacalibammaover 4 years ago
Crap

Crap crap crap let me in-favor you

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really Good

An excellent story where the husband's pain and struggle is very real. The wife's viewpoint, not so much. I'd love to see a sequel, but perhaps it is best left as is, a poignant story of struggle between love and humiliation. If you do write a sequel, it should be from the viewpoint of the wife. I suspect her ability to seek other lovers is a function of the security she feels in her husband's love, her lifestyle might not survive him leaving her and even if it did, a sequel could show the real pain she might feel on losing her husband. He' s made the tough choices so far (including the decision to leave), her attitude my change when confronted with her own pain....

Great work, keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good writing, but frustrating!

MortonGrange is a really good writer, and this story is an example of that. I find it unfortunate that his stories leave me with uncomfortable feelings, and this one was no exception. I found it very frustrating that the main character was unable to take the direct approach with his immature spouse. To say the things he really wanted to say. To confront her with honesty. It felt much like a nightmare where you try to run, but cannot move. I get it - that was the point - and it was good that he finally gave up and left her. And yes, you doubtful commenters, he did leave her, and divorce was inevitable. I thought that was made very clear.

I would have preferred if more emphasis was put on the results of the transformation of the main character. That would have left the reader with a better feeling. But MortonGrange doesn't often do that, and I can only hope that he will try to in the future.

My favorite MortonGrange story is Caroline alone. That story, I feel, is the one with the best ending. At least there is hope in that ending.

"Judy, this is too much for me."

He said no. That makes Judy a predator. What she did was spousal abuse and sexual abuse.

The only sane person in this story was the woman he met randomly at the hotel.

Immature little girls want a man to fight FOR her, to win her. Real women want a man to fight WITH her, together, as equal partners.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This one's a fail

All of the "psychological drama" in this story is ridiculous. No husband would tolerate her behavior - whether it's a game or real. In reality, the level of disrespect, disloyalty, and care demonstrated by Judy would have played out rather quickly into a divorce, rather than resulting in seemingly interminable cycles and epicycles of the "game" in which a dim-witted husband staggers around befuddled. Consequently, there's no willing suspension of disbelief, which is necessary for the story to succeed.

"The Duel" was exceptional. This one is so implausible that it alternates between being irritating and being boring.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Disappointing

Nice try but it didn’t work, basically a load of junk. You normally write much better than this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
End it

No follow up?

maninconnmaninconnover 3 years ago
Whoa...

...this was cool. Go Howard! He won the game the only way possible, by not playing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
As usual

No relevant conclusion...mm

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Unfinished

Piss poor ending, least reader wanting more. Author started out fine with a complicated story line, but ended with wishywashy end.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Damn, he hung around Judy's manipulative ass way longer than he needed to. Good for us, at least we got some laughs out of the deal.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Next chapter...???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

you're main character is a retard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Hmm

The author won’t see this as he hasn’t written since 2019, which is a shame as he’s a good author. This however was dire!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a pthetic story...i think the author was undergoing some mental treatment ..hence the long absence from LW... the way he has eritten this story clearly shows he has a long way to go before revovery!

DDAY55DDAY55over 2 years ago

Clever. Just like a calm Punch and Judy. I am still waiting for the bats to come out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn, this was a mental game

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What bothers me is all you Brit writers seem to be Neville Chamberlain clones. Appease, appease, appease. You sound like your tea wasn't the proper temperature. Emotionless zombies! Well written but with no depth of feeling. Even "The Duel" was without emotion until his death.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No just No

rewrite please

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

I enjoyed it. It surprised me. Author is top notch.

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 2 years ago

I read it two times now and still don't understand it.

Did Judy have a real sexual affair wir Marcus or was this a great prank for her husband even with the foto of her naked?

Did she have an affair with Brendan or was he in on the prank?

What about Kevin?

For me this story doesn't seem to be finished. Did they divorce?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok. To all you commenters, who are wondering if this was real, or made up by Judy- It doesn’t matter. At the end of the day, you are supposed to respect and be loyal to your partner. Humiliating him or her in front of others, makes you expendable. If someone truly loves you, they will have your back. And you should have theirs. If they do not have your back, you do not need them, or their drama in your life.

Three stars, because the husband should have stopped this morning n the beginning. You do not compromise your principles or vows, to make your partner happy, at your expense. Period.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

Big bunch of MEH!!!!

Badly executed, no solid conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

2 stars. this story started getting me angry very early on. Ive never really enjoyed all the rationalizing and double thinking and coniving that cheating wives do to justrify their cheating. But i was infuriated by howards idiocy in thinking that this was all a careful plot by his "loving" but silly wife. Sticking ones head up ones asshole to make the world fit your delusions is a democrap thing not a "manly" thing. No woman goes into as detailed and planned a situation where she write a journal to teas her hubby, journals are for truth and closely held secrets etc. For a husband to read all she wrote and conclude its a fantasy is sticking your head up your ass. Youve been given a warning and howard could have done many little things to verify his conclusion of harmlessness or to be alerted to a fucking whore acting as a wife. he a jacksaa and deserves to be alone and financially ruined in a mdivorce, not realy but he evidently really is dull<as his wife says, if dull means unimaginative, simple minded and stupid. an old comment mentioned dire and i agree, howard was lucky to find the journal and then wasted the intel therein.

LSantiagoLSantiagoabout 2 years ago

I ran across one story and now i have almost read your entire LITEROTICA list.

If you are still writing share. If you have moved on update your bio and leave a link or a trace to where your new work can be found. I like the Unique story lines. I prefer a little more balance I don't like the predators to get away clean even if they win in the end, I like ass wipes to at least get one kick in the balls.

It's just personal I know everyman has played the fool and mostly I had no chance to make a decision but I wish had been in the know in time to get a couple of kicks in.

Keep sharing

snarbozsnarbozalmost 2 years ago

Good tale. Would be a 5 with an ending.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60almost 2 years ago

Mostly cuck crap , but had a tiny bit of something in the last couple of paragraphs. Too little, too late, but better than nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank god u stopped writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Terrible ending

JusteenKJusteenKabout 1 year ago

Nonsensical, frustrating and lazily unfinished. Poor effort from someone who has written better things.

HighBrowHighBrow12 months ago

Oh, my God. I love the Femdom agitprop premise, the story, the style. Masterfully conceived and written. Don’t listen to them. Thank you!

HighBrowHighBrow12 months ago

Kafkaesque. Please write more for your fans…

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Weird story. Strange characters. Lame ending.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0358 months ago

Any chance you can finish the story?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMortonGrange@MortonGrange
541 Followers
I post occasional writing that fits the loving wives brief. If a few readers enjoy my stories it is enough to make writing worthwhile. But the main reward for the author is to get feedback, positive or negative, from those who have read my story. Readers have to make an eff...