Punishment Code Tales Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"However, I do think we might be able to get your punishment changed by petitioning the court. I can think of two possible strategies and I think one is probably better than the other for you. The best one would be to make an argument based on your deeply held beliefs and cultural background."

"Is that really possible?" Salwa asked.

"Maybe," the lawyer answered, "There is some precedent for offenders of certain backgrounds getting some deference. In public punishments, Muslims, observant Jews, and Sikhs have been allowed to keep their head coverings since it was deemed to not interfere with the observation of their more private areas. In fact, I think it will be fairly easy to allow you to keep your hijab."

"Well, that's something. It would make me feel less exposed," Salwa said, "But what about changing by sentence? That's more important."

"Yeah, so basically you'll have to argue that because of your cultural background that the J40 is much more severe than intended. Do you have a . . ." Molly couldn't think of the correct title, "A faith leader that can attest to you being a faithful person over the years."

"Um, yeah. I go to the mosque most weeks and I am a member of the Muslim Student Union at school," Salwa said.

"Well, then, you should speak to them to see if they would write a letter to the court. I can give you directions for how they can submit them," Molly said, "Do you want to hear the other option?"

"Um, yeah, I guess," Salwa answered.

"The second one would argue that the J40 will leave lasting damage. This is a little sensitive, I know," Molly started, "But do you know if you are a physical virgin? Do you have a hymen?"

"Oh, well, I guess I do. I've never really checked," Salwa said, her olive cheeks flushing.

"Well, you would have to get a doctor to examine you and then submit to the court that the J40 could damage it," Molly concluded.

Salwa looked away again, "No. Let's go with the first option. I'm going to be a doctor I would probably know the doctor and I'd feel judged that it mattered to me."

"I think that is a good choice," Molly told the young woman, "I know from cases like this that many hymens aren't really visible and some doctors don't think it would really count as permanent damage since they are usually broken by your age."

"Ok, so what else would I have to do?" Salwa asked, "I guess that means I have to hire a lawyer?"

"Yes, I can refer you or you could apply for financial aid or for my firm to take you on pro bono," Molly said, "I'm sure you'd qualify unless you have many more assets than the average med student."

"Ok, I think I can do that. Is that it?" Salwa asked.

"Unfortunately, no," Molly said with a heavy sigh, "This kind of petition would also require you to suggest another suitable punishment so I think we should talk about that."

"Oh?" Salwa answered, with a shiver.

"Yeah, I know it's not easy, but have you read any of the other punishment codes?" the older woman asked.

"Nuh-uh," the student answered, shaking her head.

"Ok, then," Molly said taking up Salwa's Punishment Codebook and flipping to the part of the list that contained J40, "Why don't you take this and we will talk through some options. A suggestion is going to have to be in the petition so it's good to think about it."

"Alright," Salwa said and Molly saw her eyes grow as she looked at the codes.

"I know it's a lot but let's talk a little bit about the codes. They're numbered from one to fifty with the higher numbers considered to be more severe. That means that with a J40 then you'll need to look in that general area of the list," Molly said, while at the same time, she pulled up a copy of the codes that she had saved on her desktop. "If you look at the thirties, then you'll see that most of them are actually meant only for men since they focus on their specific anatomy. If you further up then you'll see J30 which is punishment directed at the external parts of your vulva and J31, which is a punishment directed at your breasts. Both of those are possible if that's what you want, but there's something about the numbers that I don't think the judge will go for that. He could just throw the petition out completely and then you'd be stuck with the J40."

Salwa nodded along, her eyes going up and down the list, though Molly wasn't sure if she was actually reading closely, "So those are out?"

"Yeah, I think so," Molly responded. She couldn't blame the younger woman for not reading. It was a scary list and too jargon filled to understand at a glance, "I think that there are two obvious ones to look at which are J38 and J39. They are sort of partners with the J40."

Salwa's eyes moved up and down the page and she shifted uncomfortably as she read. Molly understood. A J38 was the insertion of a rigid implement into the urethra while a J39 was the insertion of an object anally. After giving Salwa time to read, the lawyer made a recommendation, "A J38 is most often given to men but it is possible for a woman to be punished that way but a J39 seems like the most likely substitute."

"Yeah, that makes sense," Salwa said as she gulped, "I don't want anybody between my labia so I guess I prefer 39. Is there anyway to avoid insertion like that?"

"Not really," Molly shook her head, "Not at this range of numbers. We could request a J31 but I wouldn't expect a judge to heed that suggestion. If you go up a little bit then there is J42 and that has some insertion but it's not constant."

The lawyer paused and allowed Salwa to read that punishment while she glanced at her screen: The offender will be subject to chemical irritation of their anus and rectum. A solution that elicits a sensation of burning, itching, and/or stinging will be applied and reapplied as needed for a period of time determined to be appropriate by the officers of the Punishment Center. It would still lead to fingers or some other tool being inserted but the insertion wasn't the point.' Instead, it would be the burning or itching that the solution caused.

Salwa frowned, "I don't know. That seems worse somehow. I mean it is a higher number, right?"

"Yes, it is intended to be more severe but it's whatever you think is better," Molly told her, "I could see the argument both ways."

"Well, how big is the, um, rigid insert, or whatever it's called," the girl asked.

Molly was impressed by the girl being brave enough to ask and getting information before making a decision, "Well there is no uniform size so it depends on the Center. I can tell you that it won't be small. Some centers use different shapes as well, some are longer but not as wide, some are basically just cones, and some are bulbs that are much wider than they are deep."

"I see," the girls said, looking uncomfortable, "You think 39 is the right choice, right?"

"I think it's a reasonable choice," Molly confirmed, "But it's your decision to make. I just help guide you and make sure you understand what is going on."

"Ok, let's go with J39. I guess my . . . butt is better than my vagina," Salwa decided, "And you'll request that I keep my hair covered?"

The blonde lawyer nodded, "Of course. I'm going to give you some links to applying for aid or to be pro bono. I already have your email. You need to contact your faith leader, multiple leaders, if you can, and ask them to write a letter. Tell them to focus on you being devout for a long period of time and the importance of physical virginity. I can use publicly available sources for that, but it helps if those letters say it as well."

"Ok," Salwa said.

Molly took a deep breath, "Now, I can't promise that this will work."

"I understand," Salwa answered, nodding, "It makes me feel hopeful though. What do you think the odds are?"

Molly thought for a moment, debating if she could get it in front of a specific judge, "More than fifty percent, I think. You're not asking for that big of a change and there is precedent."

"Ok, ok," Salwa said quietly, as she calibrated her expectations, "Thank you for your advice. It was so nice to be able to learn all this."

Molly packed up the woman's documents and handed it to her, "I know this is very hard and you are in a sad situation but you should be proud that you reached out for help. Anything I can do, please let me know. I also would suggest speaking to a therapist or reaching out to close friends for support. It really helps to not go it alone."

"Yeah, yeah," Salwa nodded, "I know."

"I know it's embarrassing but you're being very brave. It was very nice to meet you," Molly said as she stood up from the desk. She hated to rush the woman out, but this happened sometimes when Molly had other appointments.

"Thank you, again," Salwa said as she stood up and headed for the door.

Molly showed her out and waved as the girl disappeared down the hallway. She looked at her watch. Ten minutes until her next appointment. She took a deep breath pressed Mona's number on her phone, "Hey, is my next appointment here?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good, you can send them up early. Lots of people to help today."

12