PUNKS Ch. 30: Dirty Little Secrets

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She gave the most love to Annie and Carlo, friends who adopted Joe when he arrived in 1986, fresh off the road from South America. On his first day in Venice, technically homeless, Annie gave Joe a free coffee and pastry. He's been there every day for ten years. Carlo's restaurant is Joe's time machine, taking him back home to Federal Hill for his comfort food, pasta, and seafood.

Mila did not gloss over the other side of Venice. She described the beach, the boardwalk, and the community Joe loves because it's dirty and gritty and has all the problems of the city. It's not a homogenous resort beach. Venice is the real world with crime and homelessness and people working together trying to solve those problems.

She talked about his modest home and studio and the old car that he calls Ellie who he hopes to drive until the day someone pries his hands off the steering wheel. Joe could surely have more, she wrote, but he does not need more. Joe fills his life with people, not possessions.

Not once did Mila write at length about Joe himself. Instead, she slipped in small passages and single sentences throughout the piece saying everything she needed to say about the man; his warmth, generosity, charm, humor, mischievous smile, and the sparkle in his eye when he laughed.

Mila concluded... In my happy life, the only time I have felt this much warmth and love was with my own family and friends. These strangers took me in, as they did Joe many years ago.

Joe set the magazine down. He got through it. He poured another double bourbon. He downed it, wondering what words made people suspect Mila Carrera had slept with the subject of her piece. Nothing stood out. He phoned Mila and she explained herself.

"I wrote paragraphs about you alone. It was too much. I loved writing these thoughts and feelings I have for you but I could see it was too revealing. I broke it down in pieces and sprinkled it in, but my feelings still come out."

"I don't think there's anything to worry about. No one knows for sure."

"My editor knows. I checked out of the Hyatt two days early."

"Oh, crap."

"I was asked to keep this under ten-thousand words. I couldn't do it, so they gave me more space. I had to remove a lot of your past, your New York story, and most of your travels. I barely mention them. I wrote about your life today. I hope this is acceptable."

"Yes, of course. Everyone knows those stories... well, the people who matter. I'm concerned about you at the magazine, and your editor."

"He's okay. It's not so bad, but I was scolded for getting too close and losing my objectivity. I told him that's why I didn't write this as an exercise in journalism. I wrote about my experience with you in Venice, my feelings as well as facts."

"I wish I could hold you right now."

"You will. When this passes I want to see you. You owe me a tour of your Chelsea office and introductions to your oldest friends."

"I will keep that promise."

"And I will keep mine. What did you think about my feelings, Joe?"

"I've written poetry, and many songs about people I love... and those who've hurt me. I've never had anyone write a word for me." He exhaled, "So, it was hard for me to be on this side, having beautiful words penned for me, about me. I like it, Mila, but it's hard."

"You are so stubbornly insecure. You try to pass it as modesty, but I think you're afraid to give yourself credit for... anything."

Joe laughed lightly, "No, I'm quite full of myself. You only had three days with me. I can hide it that long."

When it was time to hang up, neither Joe nor Mila knew what to say. The words, I love you, goodnight, were so automatic for Joe, but he could not say them. Mila was awkwardly silent until Joe let her off the hook.

"Can we talk again, like real soon?"

"Yes, I would like that."

"Goodnight, Mila."

"Goodnight, Joe."

After Joe hung up he read the piece again, this time looking specifically for any passages, sentences, or even a simple choice of words that might tip a reader off that he and Mila were more than the writing suggests. There was nothing obvious, it was just the tone of the piece that felt emotional and intimate. Joe concluded there was nothing obvious and they were safe.

He really only cared about one reader. He hoped Tina wouldn't read between the lines.

  • COMMENTS
4 Comments
RoktotRoktotabout 2 months ago

Totally agree with LuckyMM.

Sayin’

Tob

dadadadioxdadadadiox3 months agoAuthor

@LuckyMM... Thank you. I learned while writing this erotic version of my tale that I'm not great at it. I agree that sometimes the sex scenes get in the way of the story. I prefer my characters fucking with each other's heads more than their bodies. I tried it. I gave myself a score of 'solid meh'. I assume I will try writing erotic again, but the story will always be first.

LuckyMMLuckyMM3 months ago

This is one of the very best chapters that you’ve ever written. And I’ve read almost all of them. You do such a good job in writing.

You do your best riding when you stay away from the erotic. The erotic can get boring, so I often would skip over those

parts.

I think you’ve got the makings of a serial

episodes to be put on w/ Netflix or somebody.

Nasty56Nasty5610 months ago

Great read! You play really well on the emotions of each character. Tina’s appears definitely lost in limbo with her own life but she’s a coward and Joe needs to sideline her.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

An Accidental Family A story about beauty, love and football.in Romance
All The Young Punks Pt. 02 The Replacements.in Non-Erotic
Asking a Friend for a Loan Ch. 01 A woman asks a friend for a loan, of her husband.in Loving Wives
Ian's Mother-in-Law 05 +PICS Sarah stays home.in Illustrated
My First Threesome Just a little story about an unplanned threesome.in Loving Wives
More Stories