Put All Your Faith in the Pill

Story Info
A husband learns about wife's affair.
15.4k words
4.17
108.4k
120
133
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was nearing midnight when I finally reached the town I called home. I had spent the last week on a road trip covering some of the outlining parts of my sales territory. I work for a major multinational drug manufacturer and it was my responsibility to make sure the medical staff in my territory was recommending our brand products over all others. Every six weeks I had to spend a week of nights away from home in order to cover my territory regularly.

My day was spent going from the doctor's office to the doctors office promoting our products and leaving free samples whenever they were accepted while highlighting the qualities that set our brands above the generic. It was a game of averages. One-stop out of six during the day you would be lucky to get to talk directly to a doctor. Most of the time you ended up talking to the head nurse, or the person assigned to deal with people like me.

My wife and I were wanting to pay down our debts before starting a family. I had left on Sunday this week to be on location at the start of the week. Having more than covered the quota for the week when I sent my daily reports this Thursday at 7 pm. I was called and informed by the sales manager of our region to go home and take the extra day off with pay. I had once again excelled in beating quotas for the quarter. Those after regular hours locations were finally getting me noticed.

When I worked areas like this, I worked extra-long hours on the trip by going into those after-hours doctors' units. It may not make much a difference in exposure but when I filled out my daily reports and emailed them it spoke volumes.

I found that by doing that I got to talk directly with more doctors than I did during the regular day. Most of these had quiet times which made it easy to have open and honest discussions with them on a one to one basis. That allowed me to impart knowledge about what was new, why it was better or what to watch for if there were complications with medication being taken with it. It had earned me a lot of respect from the doctors out in the field.

Most field agents like me did not go after this avenue of clients because they saw it as a duplication of what they had already done. I found it the best way to reach the doctors directly. As most of these after-hour operations served a walk-in client. Between four and six was their quiet time. As long as my fellow sales rep met the daily quota of stops, they were happy. My view of things was that if you were constantly doing more than was required on the odd days where you didn't make quota would not be viewed as serious.

Maybe it was the fact that I was the youngest and newest member of the sales team that drove my ambition. On some days I would skip lunch and get a couple more contacts reached. I have to admit that I was a people person and had the gift of gab that seemed to put people at ease when communicating with them.

On a personal note if I had wanted to cheat on my wife there were plenty of opportunities especially when on the road. In every town and location, there was always some young sweet looking thing new to the field for various reasons willing and planning on hitting on those who seemed to have it together better than most. To those who knew me in the field, I was known as the artful dodger because I could always find a way to squeeze out of touchy situations without leaving hurt feelings behind. The key was making them feel respected.

-------

My mother had cheated on my father regularly when I was going through my teenage years. We three children knew it. We also knew the man's name and reputation. I saw the emotional pain my father had endured for years. On those occasions when I went for a run together with my father he and I talked. He felt trapped and conflicted at the same time. Because of his views about responsibilities concerning his children he was staying in a loveless marriage. I knew that when the time was right he would make his move.

My mother treated my father like dirt. As a result, I had vowed to myself that I would not allow myself to be like my mother. I would not and could not hurt someone deliberately. One night my mother and I had it out. I called her what she was a whore. She said that my father did not have the guts to walk out and leave her because he loved her too much. I told her to be careful because her own words might come back to bite her big time.

Mom learned the hard way just how wrong she was. As soon as the last of his children which was me graduated high school, he got his revenge. They said it was an accident but to this day in my eyes, the facts did not make sense. I still believe because of what happened that his love turned to hate which allowed him to take revenge.

My mother and her long term lover, who was her employer had driven off a cliff after my father had confronted them, demanding that their relationship came to end for good in all ways.

My mother had made the mistake of telling my father that he was not a man and the only reason she had stayed with was because he was such a good provider. Then she told him to his face she was going for a divorce now that their children were grown up.

They had separated and he had just left the marriage home a few days before when it happened. One night before the paperwork for the divorce was to be filed, to my mother and her lover decided they were going to try a new restaurant that had opened up on top of the cliff outside of town. For the elite, it was the place to be.

It was an exclusive restaurant where you had to have reservations to get into. You didn't go for the meal you went to for the experience. Access to the restaurant was tricky because it was on a steep cliff overlooking the Mississippi river so most used GPS to direct them. It appeared that the one in my mom's lover's car was faulty and had given the wrong directions.

They only missed the restaurant by a block and had driven off the cliff in the dark during a storm. The police in their investigation had overlooked the fact that my father wrote code and could have easily found a way to program it to fail.

Her parents and extended family had a big discussion with my Dad on how to proceed with her funeral. He wanted her cremated and nothing more. It had come to a big argument, so he told them all just what her relationship was with the man she died with. They wanted proof so he gave it to them. He provided them all with video. Out of her own mouth she stated just how long their affair had been going on and just what she thought of her husband and her own children.

Let's just say that when they heard the proof coming from her own mouth her side of the family better appreciated my father's point of view.

If they wanted to give her the works of a very public furneral then they could pay for it, but he would not be attending. None of us children did either because we all felt the same way.

Her family ended up burying her under her maiden name very quietly. It seems the truths that came out of her own mouth said it all. Not even her own family had any respect for her after my dad had exposed her true thoughts. The death notice appeared in the paper after it was over.

---------

I turned the final corner heading to our house when I saw the strange car parked in my driveway. I pulled off on the side against the curb of the street to gather my thoughts because of my parent's relationship I was already suspicious. I walked quietly to the house which was in complete darkness. Using the flashlight feature on my cellphone I peeked through the garage window and verified my wife's car was there.

That meant that the strange car parked out front was not a loaner and had no valid reason to be here at this time of night. I checked the plates on the car and learned that they were local. Since my wife was allergic to alcohol, she would not have served any quests for that type of drink. I unlocked the front door after discovering the security system was turned off. That was not normal. It was our normal routine to set the alarm before we went to bed. My wife's family home had been broken into when she was young. So as soon as we bought the house the alarm system was installed and constantly used.

I went to my gun case and got out my double-barreled shotgun. I did not know what was going on, but I wanted to be prepared for the worse just in case. After loading it with one shell, I slipped out of my dress shoes and climbed the stairs towards the master bedroom. The door was wide open. I could see them both sound asleep being exhausted from the passion of their making love, thanks to the one light still on that sat on the nightstand. The huge man was sleeping on top of my wife's back. The sheets were soaked in blood. The room smelled of leftover stale sex. It was decision time.

I quietly went back down to my living room to think. Did I go back upstairs and take them out like I believed my dad did or not? I don't know how long I sat there in though. Finally, what to do came to me. This was not the time or place to do what I thought my dad had done because for me there would no chance of escape. This could not be made to look like an accident. No matter what they had done I had to accept the fact that they were not worth going to jail for life over.

I quietly called nine one one, explaining that I had come home to find a man who was not known to me apparently asleep after raping my wife. "Why do you think it was a rape," the officer asked? I replied "because the bed sheets are covered in blood." I asked them to send the police and to come through the front door as it was unlocked.

After ending the call, I went back upstairs. I could already hear the sirens in the distance. Entering the master bedroom, I shot the buckshot into the ceiling. Drywall dust ended falling all over the place and them as they woke up fast to see the gun pointed directly in their faces. Both my wife Jeanie and Doug Drysdale were stunned and in shock. I was the last person either one had expected to see. This was about to get interesting. Before giving them a chance to come to their senses as they sat up, I spoke.

"For the moment, I suggest that none of us say a word," I said. "As the police are on the way."

I'm not a big man I weigh one hundred and sixty at most, with a height of five foot nine inches. I still had a thirty-two-inch waist. In school, it was track and field for me. I excelled in long-distance running. It was something I still did every weekend because during the long run I found the stress upon me releasing.

Jeanie my wife weighed about a hundred and ten pounds, had a tight small frame, tight ass, and a nice full rack. She was five foot six inches at the most. She worked as an executive assistant in a lawyers firm. We had met in our first year of university and had lived together for two years before getting married. I loved her dearly and never would have expected this. I learned the hard way at that moment just how fast love can die.

The man who had been screwing her earlier was six foot three, had to weigh two hundred and fifty pounds. He appeared to have a forty-inch waist and I could see that his body was basically solid muscle. He was also my boss's boss. I knew the only thing that kept me out of the hospital at the moment was the shotgun in my hand. I was holding it tight and kept it pointed at them. To everyone who knew him, he was nothing but a complete asshole.

The problem was it looked like she had been on her period when he took her, and the sheets were covered in fresh blood. No matter how you looked at it, at first glance it did not appear to be consensual sex.

When the police team entered my home, they called my name and I responded giving direction to the master bedroom. They entered the room with their guns out and loaded expecting the worse. The first thing they requested upon entering was that I set my shotgun down on the floor which I did.

The first thing done by one of the officers was to kick my shotgun away before they holstered theirs. I was asked to put my hands behind my back, and I complied. They quickly put the cuffs on me and led me from the room. I was told to sit in the living room until they were done completing their investigation of the scene. The other police officer was calling for an ambulance for it was quite apparent that my wife was still bleeding. I knew they had to be wondering if I in a rage had shot her.

The police officer took the naked man into custody after allowing him to put his pants on. He was caught by the news team's camera being placed half-naked in the back of the cruiser. The story was being broadcasted live. Jeanie, my wife was captured by the camera being loaded onto the ambulance for transfer to the hospital. A close up revealed that she was still bleeding.

This is when it started getting interesting to me. I was about to become the center of attention. A female detective showed up and began taking the lead. After talking to the two officers who were processing the scene, she approached me. I told her my story explaining that I had come home unexpectedly. She led me still cuffed back into the master bedroom then instructed me to tell her my side of the story as it happened. I showed her where I had used the shotgun to blow out the ceiling.

When she checked the shotgun out, she found that I had only loaded it with one shell. A very smart move she said it shows you were only trying to scare them to control the situation. With your size compared to his, your action can be justified. It also counters any charges that you were attempting to kill them. Which I'm sure will be brought up when I question them later.

When she saw all the blood, she said to herself out loud, "I too would think it was rape as he reported." I gave her my explanation of how this had all came about and gave her my supervisor's cellphone number.

I listened as she called my supervisor waking him up from a sound sleep. Thankfully he verified my story. It was noted by him that I was not expected to be home, but because of my performance on the job earlier this week, I had been given Friday off. Credit cards would verify the time that I had checked out from the hotel I had stayed in. I would be charged for the full night even though I had checked out early. The fact that I was still in my professional clothing was noted by the detective.

Jeanie's ripped panties and slacks seemed to add credibility to the story that I was presenting. I watched as all her clothes were bagged and taken into evidence. The female police detective after removing the cuff's suggested I find a hotel room for the night and contact them tomorrow to see when I would be allowed back in. I told her that I would be heading over to the hospital emergency to fill out medical forms and provide her insurance information.

The female detective walked with me back to my company car. As we were walking the short distance to it, she gave me her business card. After checking it out she found my suitcases and sample cases were still in the trunk.

I heard her commenting to herself "It's nice when one's statement can be easily verified. It saves us from wasting time going in the wrong direction."

-------

I headed to the emergency where I learned my wife was going to be going into surgery to repair her large intestine from the damage caused by anal penetration. It was the doctor's believe with how bad the internal damage was that she hadn't given it up voluntarily because the pain would have had her fighting him from the start. That was what I heard as he gave the statement to the police officer assigned to follow up on her. It was looking more and more like a very serious case of anal rape.

This was getting better and better. The surgery took six hours to complete because of the number of tiny rips in the large intestine. She would have to lie face down for at least a week as that area of her body began to heal. Because of the pain she was being heavily medicated and would not be coherent for a few days.

For the next week, she would be on a liquid diet. Even having a normal bowel movement could cause more bleeding because of the forceful abuse it had received. So, getting answers from her as to what happened was going to have to wait. Anyone who has ever had problems in that area knows how much pain there can be.

It was well after nine am before I left the hospital. The surgeon had told me the operation had been successful. If there was still internal bleeding after a few days, they might have to go back in. The first thing on my agenda was getting something to eat and then getting some sleep.

In the morning paper, Jeanie and Doug were identified. It was noted that it was a possible rape incident. It had changed from an attempted murder overnight because of what the facts revealed. The female detective had given the basic facts during an interview that had been proven saying that the matter was still under investigation. I was reading the article while waiting for breakfast when my supervisor called me. I told him about my wife's' operation and her current medical situation.

"Colin it's a mess. Thanks to the media blitz last night and earlier this morning other salesmen's wives are coming forward," said Lucas. "It looks like our boss was using our scheduling to decide which woman he was going to do and when. We have been telling our sales staff to have their wives report everything directly to the police department."

"Today is a lost day for everybody because everyone is bent out of shape because of what happened. It's really confusing because some of the things these females are saying about Doug does not make sense. The head office is in a panic as a result of what is all coming out," Lucas explained.

"Thanks for letting me know Lucas, but we still don't know what the situation is," I said. "What is looking more and more like a rape still could have been consensual. Even if she says it was there is no appearance or proof of a struggle. Doug Drysdale does not have a scratch on him. It could end up being a 'he said she said' situation and end up going nowhere. If it ends up that there are no charges been laid, I will be handing in my letter of resignation I will not work for a man who has made me a cuckold."

"Don't get hasty Colin," Lucas responded. "Let me pass your thoughts on to Human Resources when I inform them what I have found out. You most likely are not the only one feeling this way. Either way. Either way, he used his powerful influence and knowledge in ways that may have put the whole corporation in a lot of legal problems that they didn't want."

"I am putting you on a week's pre-approved medical leave to give you the time to deal with things," Lucas said. "Don't worry I will keep you informed of things from this end. I don't want to lose you because of you being hasty."

I found an inexpensive place to stay just off one of the main entrances to our town. After checking in I crashed on top of the bed in my clothes as I had been up for almost thirty hours straight.

---------

Dusk was settling in when I woke up. It took me a few minutes to get my bearings. After opening up my suitcase and picking out some fresh clothes I had a quick shower and shave before checking my cell phone. I had missed eight phone calls. Checking with the answering service I found six messages left for me. One each from my wife's parents and my dad, two from my boss leaving updates on what had been learned and two from the female detective investigating the case. I called the police detective first.

"Hi this Colin McBride," I said. "Detective Benton you were trying to get ahold of me?"

"Thanks for returning my call," She said. "Your supervisor had told me you had been up all night. I hope you got some sleep."