Put All Your Faith in the Pill

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I really don't have a clue, Colin," Lucas said. "I will pass those questions on to the higher up to see if they can provide answers."

"You better, because it's looking like corporate was trying to cover their asses," I stated. "When they fired Doug so quick."

After that conversation, I felt the need to contact Detective Benton. I asked for her email address. I got it and texted back mine.

I went home and wrote out in an email the conversation as I remembered it with my boss Lucas. Then I sent it. After having done that I sent a text saying Check your email it might be important. About three that afternoon I had to sign for a registered mail letter delivered to me from, Mrs. Douglas Drysdale. It was a request for a private meeting, and it contained her cellphone number.

I called her and we agreed to meet on Saturday afternoon in a small out of the way restaurant in Poplar Bluff. I found it curious that she chose such an out of the way place. Thursday and Friday the contactors were in fixing the master bedroom. Jeanie had got served in her hospital room.

Fiona called late Friday night to see if we were going hiking. I explained what I was doing on Saturday, so we agreed to meet at the state park on Sunday at ten in the morning.

----------

Mrs. Drysdale was an outstandingly beautiful older woman in her middle forties. Over lunch, we talked about our divorces. Just as we were about to part, she handed me a legal size envelope.

"Colin, Lucas was telling me about the questions you raised about my husband's actual job within the corporation," Mrs. Drysdale said. "Inside the envelope, there are confidential documents that will answer your questions. For reasons I can't explain I have to remain in the background. So, handle what you do with them very carefully. They are so damaging for certain parties that there could be extreme measures taken to protect the facts from coming out."

After reading the file in my car I understood fully why she had gone to such extreme steps to get the information to me. I called my father for advice on how to proceed.

"Dad I've just come into possession to some very damaging, inside information," I said. "I don't know just what to do. It's a legal file that is related to what was going behind the scenes with Doug Drysdale and my employer. It paints a clear picture of what was going on and it's sickening."

"Are you home?" My dad asked.

"No, I'm driving back from the Bluff," I responded.

"Don't go home. Your source may have been followed," Dad said. "Come here with the information and we will scan it. I will forward it to an organization that is famous for raising questions and has never revealed their sources. You will have to figure out who to mail it to who you believe cannot be corrupted."

I went to my father's place and we scanned everything into his computer after he read it.

"This is damaging to the extreme. It shows that what the drug company told the authorities was a line of bullshit. They are testing a mind-altering drug for the pentagon and had instructed certain upper management to use it on unknown subjects." My dad said out loud. "Their ultimate goal was to learn how much they could control the subject using it. The proof is what Doug Drysdale wrote in his reports about the six female subjects he'd chosen over the last two years. It basically proves all six of the wives he used were nothing more than his unknowing sexual slaves. They retained their personalities and would obey without question. If they were told to forget what they had done, they would."

My dad uploaded the file to Wikipedia and submitted it. My dad printed a copy of the file out. I looked up the address of the police station and addressed a new envelope to Detective Benton while wearing surgical gloves. Using the gloves, I took the newly printed copies and put them in the self-sealing envelope. After weighing the package Dad allowed me to use his postal meter to apply the correct postage.

"Tell no one, drop the envelope in a mailbox drop that does not have camera's on it," Dad said. "Wikipedia will not release the information until its legal team has reviewed it. Just remember to be wearing surgical gloves when touching it. We don't want the knowledge that we had access to it coming out. The problem I have with the wiki organization is that even though the documents show that this program was started and financed by the feds under Obama's watch the blame will all be placed on Trump."

Dad then copied the file to a stick and then deleted it from his computer using a secure cleaner to remove all traces of it. We took the original documents to the fireplace and burned them.

Why is it that when you're looking for a mailbox you can't find one? I decided to drop in the darkness of night. I parked my car a block away and dropped it off in a busy spot.

-------

Fiona was waiting for me when I arrived at the state park wearing the biggest smile I'd ever seen. While I was changing into my hiking boots we talked about general things.

"Mom says Elizabeth's stress level has come way down thanks to her new relationship with your sister," Fiona said. "Katie and Sophie like all children are starting to become close friends. It's helping Sophie to come out of her shell."

"Has my sister introduced Elizabeth to the local support group yet," I asked.

"I'm not sure, If I hear anything, I'll let you know," Fiona responded.

I reached in and took out my camera bag. In it was my Canon EOS camera which was designed for photographers looking to capture amazing views and intricate details of what they were shooting. I loved it because it allowed me to get close-ups and unique pictures of what I was photographing.

Off we went on our hike. If I stopped to take a picture, I'd show her what it looked like before moving on. One of the best shots I captured was of a Ladybug just getting ready to fly off from the flower petal it was on.

I made sure to capture Fiona when I could. I especially loved the ones where they showed her determination to work through a tough spot in the climb or descent. We spend the time discussing the flora and fauna that surrounded us in our journey.

It was almost four o'clock in the afternoon by the time we got back to our cars. A one to two-hour hike had taken us almost six hours. Neither of us had discussed the situation that brought us together, once.

Fiona watched me open the trunk and place my camera bag into it. Pulling out the small cooler I asked her if she had time for cheese, crackers and white wine. When she said yes, I asked her to take the basket and close the trunk. Sitting them on a picnic table I unpacked the tablecloth, the cutting board, knife, four different types of cheese, and the three different types of crackers.

For the next hour, we learned more about each other and our walk in life. Before leaving she thanked me for a wonderful day and kissed me tenderly on the cheek.

-------

It was about seven when I pulled into my driveway. I was surprised to find my supervisor Lucas sitting on the front step waiting for me.

"Hi Lucas, what's up," I said with a sense of humor.

"We have to talk about what Michele Drysdale gave you," he said in seriousness.

After opening up the house we went into the kitchen getting a cold beer.

"Colin, Michele's father is in upper management He's the head of Human Resources for the whole of the USA. She met Doug through him." Lucas explained. "She had known that Doug's Thursday night meeting was not about what she was told. I want your word that you will keep her name out of it."

"Rest assured Lucas, the information is no longer in my possession. It was scanned into a computer before the original file got destroyed," I said. "The file was uploaded to Wikipedia who will take about a week at least before releasing it. A copy was printed out and stuck into a new envelope which was mailed to Detective Benton. We made sure that no fingerprints can be found as we used surgical gloves. When we were done, we used the bleach cleaner that Hilary Clinton made famous to wipe the hard drive. The original file she gave me and the envelope it came in was burned up in the fireplace."

Lucas had a great big smile on his face as he spoke, "I told Michele that you would handle it in a way that no one could be held responsible. Thanks for proving me right."

"Your're welcome," I said. "Does Michele know you're in love with her?"

"Yes, and so does her Dad," Lucas said as he picked up his cell phone. "I've got to let him know what was done."

I listened as Lucas explained everything to Michele Drysdale's father. It got interesting when Lucas turned on his speaker so that I could hear what Mr. Levine had to say.

"Mr. McBride thank you for the professionalism you have shown in handling this touchy situation on behalf of the corporation and me personally. Many of us in upper management have been dead set in what was being done to innocent people to satisfy a government contract." Bart Levine said. "On Monday we will be announcing Lucas's promotion to Doug's former position. I'm offering you his position if you want it."

"I accept it, but it is all of you, I should be thanking you all because it makes sure that Doug will go away for a long time," I said. "I will need ideas on how to handle it with our customers when it all comes out. There is going to be a field of questions. How we handle it will help to keep possible sales lost to the minimum. The right spin will make the difference. I figure it will be at least a week before it is released online."

"Wow!" Bart said, "Has Colin always approached his sales territory with his logic, Lucas?"

"Yes, he has, that's why when you offered me Doug's position, I suggested him to you," Lucas replied.

"Then we have got our work cut out for us," Bart replied. "I will drop that thought off to marketing first thing in the morning by voicing my concerns that I feel everything is going to blow up. Colin I will let Lucas inform you of what the new position pays and all the benefits it comes with. Thank you, gentlemen and good night."

Lucas and I sat in the kitchen and drank a couple more. Anything related to work could wait until tomorrow. I would be working for half days all next week as I got trained by him for the new position. A lot of pressure had been lifted off of everybody's shoulders. I knew I was working with likeminded people.

I was just about ready to call it a night when my cellphone rang. It was Jeanie and she wanted to talk in person. I said I would come to see her at the hospital the next afternoon.

-------

I entered our regional office at about ten to eight in the morning. Lucas was already there. Over our first coffee in the morning I learned how big of a raise I was getting. As a Sales Manager for the region, the bonus for levels reached to me was mind-boggling. I now understood why Lucas was, so driven and demanding for his sales crew to produce. At my new level, I was given a choice I could either take a company car or get an annual car allowance and provide my own. After finding how little Lucas actually drove, I decided to provide my own.

The head office had budgeted for more sales reps than we had on staff. So, with an office assistant, she and I began redesigning the routes and tightening up the area. Using data, I learned we were not calling on over eight hundred of these 'walk-in clinic's' in our territory. Since our sales reps only came into the office for a day once every three weeks, we had to schedule to hit these spots between four and six o'clock in the evening.

I found that part of my job would be dealing with hospital administration in annual price negations for the coming year. That would require a bit more wining and dining then I was used to. By lunchtime, my assistant and I had the proposal for revamping out the division to the corporate office for approval. If it was approved Lucas would have to hire two more staff and one to replace me.

The way the new routes were designed each driver would cut their mileage by an average of a hundred and fifty a day. The gas-saving alone over the year would save thousands and provide extra time for visiting our customer base. It cut out our reps having to be away from their spouses on a regular basis. I suggested in our proposal that updating and reviewing routes should be companywide at least once every two years.

At two pm I walked into Jeanie's hospital room she was now sitting upright on a plastic ring filled with air. I had asked her father to go with me because I wanted to keep it civil. We both learned that her mind was foggy. All she could remember was seeing him show up every six weeks regularly. When her father told her what we knew to be factual she could not understand how she could allow that to happen.

She told us the doctors had discovered that she was indeed three months along. We both agreed that before we discussed anything that DNA tests had to be done. When we left the room, her father told me that he believed she was lying. I told him to not to pass that kind of judgment just yet. "Keep an open eye about things for now." Do you believe that he asked? I said I'm filing under irreconcilable differences not for adultery because it's the trust that's being destroyed more than anything else. To my father in law that said it all.

I walked into my new office on Wednesday to hear the news that corporate had approved our proposal. Lucas had said he had tried to do that before, but it was the way the dollar and cents were presented that made it viable to them. "You gave them increased productivity, cost reductions, and greater exposure. In this game that a home run with the bases loaded."

I took the time to look up a florist and ordered a dozen yellow roses in a nice vase for Detective Benton to be delivered to her office with a card that said thank you for your friendship. It seems she was on the phone having a very serious talk with the DA when they got delivered.

She texted me as soon as she was free: Flowers are beautiful, ty, Dinner at eight, at Red Lobster. I replied, 'sounds good to me. I will make reservations.'

Before I left for the day at one, I said to the assistant who had been helping in the office. "Toni I'll be assuming the position of sales manager as of the first of next week. I was wondering if you would become my executive assistant." Toni broke out in a smile and said, "yes."

"Toni since all our sales rep has GPS let's do a comparison test over the next three days," I said "Using the date and time for their stops and compare it to the GPS data. That may show some deceptions that I can use to my advantage in our regular sales meeting next week."

"You're not going to fire anyone are you," Toni asked in concern.

"No, I'm not Doug. I know everyone has been dealing with a lot of issues," I said. "It was me catching them together that opened this can of worms. I want to use it as a teaching tool and to establish a line of open communication."

"Oh, I didn't' know that!" she said. "I'm even more impressed with you now."

"It also allows us the opening to discuss the new route's, and the four and a half-day work week to allow them time to do the paperwork catchup for the week every Friday. I want to stress that the weekends and evenings should be for family time and not catching up on work."

"I'll be in the meeting?" she said in surprise.

"I believe that an assistant should work with me, not beneath me," I said. "When I am not available to make decisions, your word will be law. Enough, I am out of here, see you tomorrow."

Toni had a smile that was a mile wide on her face. In her eyes, I had given her the biggest promotion she had ever received in her life.

Before leaving I stopped in Lucas's office to inform him that I had made Toni my assistant and explained what her new responsibilities were. Lucas paused for a moment giving what I said serious thought. Then called his secretary in who had moved up with him and told her of her new title and what responsibilities went with it.

"Sherry let me make it clear, If I am not here and Colin needs approval or disapproval it's up to you as my assistant to act on my behalf. What you tell him I will back one hundred percent. You will be involved in all parts of my job." Lucas said. "For the next few months for all of us are on a learning curve so let's just keep that in mind when making decisions."

"Now I have to call Brad and sell this to him," Lucas said.

"Tell him the truth that since marketing has given us no cover from the media storm that coming, that you and I have come together to form this new program to protect our sales staff and their family," I said. "Our focus as a sales team is the protection of our staff, their family, and to ensure that what happened, is never allowed to happen again."

Lucas laughed. "You're pushing the buttons while you can. If it works you will be pushed up the ladder faster than anybody I know."

Just then the message notification went off on my cellphone. Checking it, it read: 'wearing blue jeans tonight if that's okay.'

I texted back, 'sounds good to me,' then I called the restaurant to get reservations for eight.

Lucas said, "By the looks on your face what every that said was good news that caused you to book a restaurant."

"Just a dinner appointment with a female friend," I replied.

"If its Detective Benton, watch out, in her eyes your marriage material," he said with a slight chuckle. "When I met her to give her confirmation of your check out time, she had a lot of questions, we talked. She told me she knew already that your marriage was over and was very proud of how you were handling the situation."

----------

On the way home I stopped at an office supply store to pick up a frame and some photography paper. I had captured Fiona's glowing face looking up at me just after she had slipped and fallen during an assent in a touchy spot as she was getting back up. It was a shot that caught the fullness of her bright eyes as they shone with total excitement. It was if you could see the laughter coming out of her at that moment.

I printed an eight by ten photo and used the paper cutter to trim the edges. Then I slid it into the frame which I had picked. The wooden frame accented the picture perfectly. Other images were loaded up into the cloud to be sold and promoted as wallpapers for computer screens. The final thing I did was stick the picture in a small gift bag and hide it with colored tissue.

Fiona met me outside of Red Lobster at eight and we headed in. She had noticed the gift bag but said nothing. We ordered the Ultimate Feast for me, she wanted Shrimp Scampi. I let her pick the wine. She really loved their cheese biscuits. We both had a salad. While we were waiting for the food to start coming, I presented her with a surprise. Taking the gift bag, she opened it up. It was fun to watch her eyes light up with excitement

"It's beautiful, I don't think I've ever seen a picture that captures me better," Fiona said. "Could you make another copy?"

"Sure, to print it only takes a minute why?" I asked.

"I want to gift my parents a copy of this," Fiona said, "Because if I don't, they will just steal this one from me when they see it."

"Do you want me to put in a frame for you? Or do you want to do that yourself?" I asked.

"The photograph will be enough," Fiona said. "My mother would replace the frame with one that suits her taste no matter what."

Over the dinner, I informed Fiona of my promotion effective next week. She asked if it was worth it and I explained what it came with. I said the only thing I was not going to miss was all the driving from place to place.

"I talked to Jeanie for the first time," I explained. "Her dad was present, and she remembers nothing about the time she was with Doug. Her father feels she was lying but I'm not so sure. He and I both learned that she is expecting so we will be getting a DNA test done."