Quaranteam - North West Ch. 19

Story Info
Pandemic Survivors, Harems and the Pacific North West.
12.6k words
4.89
16.7k
44

Part 16 of the 19 part series

Updated 03/29/2024
Created 10/26/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BreakTheBar
BreakTheBar
8,046 Followers

====================================

QT:NW continues the official Spin-Off for the Quaranteam universe originally created by CorruptingPower. You do not need to have read the original series to enjoy this one, but you really do need to start with Chapters 1-4 (I really suggest you read the original though, it's great!). Fans of the original should be pleased to know CP has approved the story and the continuity.

In this chapter you can expect a hunt, an attack, a gunfight, and bringing the family to safety.

NOTE: This chapter contains a fairly violent scene, as well as a character relating the details of a sexual assault in their backstory. Reader-be-warned.

Returning Dramatis Personae

House Black

- Erica LaCosta - Fiancee of Harri, Leo's sister, Italian Tattoo Artist, Dark Brunette

- Harrison 'Harri' Black - Sheriff of Black County, 'Jason Momoa-looking motherfucker' mountain man (mixed heritage), former Army MP

- Kyla Bautista - Trained dancer, Phillipino Spy, Harri's Deputy Sheriff, Raven hair

- Vanessa Peters - Construction Forewoman, Daughter of Brent Peters the head of the construction project, Brunette

- Ivy Gauthier - Quebecoise stripper, half-tattooed, Dirty Blonde anal queen, Member of House Black

- Macho - Rescued daschund puppy, named for his big balls, mascot and beloved pet of House Black

House LaCosta

- Leo LaCosta - Harri's best friend and former roommate, Italian carpenter, Erica's brother

- Danielle 'Dani' - Australian stripper, Brunette

- Aria - Girlfriend of India, Stripper/Sugar Baby, Ginger

Valkyrie Falls

- Josie 'Joss the Boss' Draper - Professional Wrestler, Athletically Trim Blonde

- Melina Sanzo - Harri went to Eugene for her, Professional Fitness Model, Muscular Curvy Blonde

- Abigail 'Abi' Jónsson - Harri's Personal Trainer, Co-owner of Valkyrie Falls women's athletic retreat, Icelandic Personal Trainer and Crossfit Competitor, Tall Athletically Muscular Blonde

- Spencer - Professional Fitness Model, Apprentice Personal Trainer, Athletic Curvy Blonde

Other

- Captain Laura Bloomberg - Air Force JAG serving as Miriam's second, Blonde

- Lt Col Miriam Abarbanel - Military friend of Harri's, Air Force Lt Col, Jewish heritage, Commanding Officer for Valhalla Hills construction and the Oregon Quaranteam research project

- Brent Peters - Vanessa's father, the Project Manager for the Valhalla Hills construction project, very overweight

Referenced Characters

- India - Girlfriend of Aria, Hippy Stripper/Sugar Baby, grew up in a commune, Brunette dreads and braids, Member of House LaCosta

- Patrick - Deceased construction worker, used to work the gate for the site. Died during the Duo Halo outbreak on site.

- Sara Sigurdsdottir - Co-owner of Valkyrie Falls women's athletic retreat, Icelandic Personal Trainer and Crossfit Competitor, Tall Athletically Muscular Blonde

-----

"Harri, there's nothing you can reasonably do!" Erica said loudly. "You're fucking shot, and you don't have any of that equipment that Miriam sent you. It's the risk-reward thing all over again."

"What am I supposed to do then, Erica?" I asked. "I get it, but this is what I'msupposed to be doing. Everything else was meant to just be extra."

"Fuck, I know!" Erica grunted. "I just don't want you to fucking die."

"I don't think you guys should rush into this either," Dani said.

We were still on the drive back home from the Falls - a drive that usually took 16 minutes but that we were probably going to make in 10 the way that Kyla was driving. As soon as Vanessa had hung up with us to keep trying to hold things together back on the site, I had called Ivy while Erica had been calling Leo. Everyoneother than Vanessa was currently safe and keeping an eye out for people trying to get into our Compound, though my first worry was that could change at any moment.

Men with guns were attacking the construction site. That's all that Vanessa had really been able to tell me. Multiple vehicles were reported over the worker radios across several locations. And people had heard gunshots.

"I'm not saying you're notcapable, Harri," Dani continued. "But we just finished a workout, and youare recovering from a gunshot. Kyla, tell him this is a bad idea."

"Did you put both of the M4s in the back?" Kyla asked me.

"Only place we had for them," I said.

"Kyla!" Erica said.

"He's not going tonot help, Erica," Kyla said sternly as she gripped the steering wheel hard and continued to drive. "And arguing with him is going to mess with his head."

There was a long moment of silence in the truck. "Fuck," Erica said. "Fuck. Fine. Yes, you're right. Harri, you be fuckingcareful, OK?"

"As I can be," I said, turning in my seat to look through the plexiglass into the back. "And you know, I bet if Ivy was here you would be the one telling her to stay calm and let me do this."

Erica blew out a breath and narrowed her eyes at me. "Maybe," she said.

"Dani, can you do me a favour and freak out more so that Erica can calm you down?" I asked.

"Asshole," Erica sighed, smirking at me a little.

I winked at them both.

My phone rang as we were about two minutes out, based on Kyla's speed, from the driveway to the site.

"Captain," I answered.

"Sheriff," Captain Bloomberg said, her voice tense. "The Colonel is spinning up an emergency response. What's your status?"

"I was off-site when I got word. We're about a minute out," I said.

"The boundaries of your land are a military installation even if there isn't much there yet, Sheriff. You have Shoot-to-Kill authorization for anyone threatening the project. This is a matter of national security."

"Fuck," Dani said in the back seat.

"Am I on speaker?" the Captain asked.

"Sorry, I'm in the truck with Kyla, Erica and Dani," I said.

There was a beat of silence and I could tell I was going to need to get her a gift basket or something. "Hello, ladies," she finally said. "And yes, 'Fuck' is an appropriate response. Sheriff, we can't lose any more workers,especially the men who are currently vaccinated and partnered."

"Fuck," I said, taking my turn to curse. I hadn't even thought about the fact that we had a lot more people vaccinated around us now than just our little families.

"Your first priority is to save lives. Your second is to find out who the hell these people are and put them in the dirt," the Captain said. "And that's me using legal-friendly terms, Harri."

"Understood, Captain," I said.

She hung up.

"I don't know what the fuck is going on in the military," I said mostly to myself. "But the Captain is performing way outside a regular JAG's role."

"Did I miss something, or did Harri just get a James Bond license to kill?" Erica asked.

"Not the time, babe," I said, bracing as Kyla took the to the shoulder off the highway and skidded the truck to a halt right next to the turn into the driveway. I quickly dialled Vanessa.

"Where are you?" she asked.

"End of the driveway," I said. "What's the situation?"

"Best we can tell, there are something like six vehicles around the site looting tools and supplies, two or three guys in each one. They're all armed, and they're holding up the crews at gunpoint and shooting at anyone who tries to stop them. I've got reports of multiple gunshot wounds, and people are reporting more shots that we don't know the source of yet. Harri, I can't get anything from the local services. I don't think we can even getone ambulance, let alone what we'll need."

"Miriam is coming down as fast as she can," I said. "Just stay calm and triage like your safety courses taught you. You've got this, you just need to stay calm and stay safe."

"Harri, one of the trucks buzzed by the compound," Vanessa said. "I sent guys in a bulldozer to chase them so they didn't stop, but they got close."

I looked across the cab at Kyla, and I could see the same thing I was feeling. Abject fear boiled and baked into a hard point of anger.

"Where are they now, Vee?" I asked.

"At least a few have already left," Vanessa said. "I've got three different reports without follow-up right now. Two in the eastern area near the brush clearing crews, and one in the western area near our supply drop-off point."

"We'll go east," I said. "I'll call you when I know something."

"Be safe, you guys," Vanessa said. "And give them hell. Love you."

"To be fair, she's got stuff to manage," Erica grumbled in the back seat. "It's easier to be a badass when you aren't sitting on your hands in the back of a cop car."

That got a snort out of Dani, and I was happy at least one of us could appreciate Erica at that moment. My mind was elsewhere.

Kyla and I got out of the truck and went to the back, opening the gate and keying into the compartment under the bed. "We should really start keeping the heavy vests here," I mumbled as we pulled out the lightweight bulletproof vests we'd been using since I'd first been named sheriff.

"We didn't think we'd have a situation like this, dear," Kyla said as she strapped on hers.

I pulled out the M4s and all the magazines of ammunition we kept in the back of the truck. Before the ambush in Portland, I'd kept three with our one rifle, but now we each had four.

Kitted out with as little as we had, I felt like a joke. I was wearing a t-shirt, workout shorts and gym shoes with a bulletproof vest. Kyla was almost worse, wearing lavender tights and a small tank top under her vest.

"At least you look cute," I said with a little smirk.

She rolled her eyes and smiled back, and we closed the back of the truck. We got Erica and Dani out of the back, something I probably should have thought of doing first, and they piled into the front and Erica lowered her window so I could talk to her.

"Run the lights and sirens," I said. "And go right into the camp. You'll be safer surrounded by lots of people."

"Harri," Erica said, a serious frown on her face. "Just... I'm sorry."

"I know, babe," I said and kissed her through the open window. "I don't blame you."

"I don't know what to say," she said.

"Tell him to come home to those titties of yours," Dani said from the passenger seat. "That'll make sure he comes back in one piece."

"Go, babe," I said. "Kyla and I will be fine."

Erica put on a fake smile for me, trying to show me she wasn't as worried as she was, and then they peeled away up the driveway leaving Kyla and I behind.

"Erica wasn't wrong," Kyla said. "She just feels powerless in these situations or else she would handle things better. She's a doer, not a waiter."

"I feel like if we find a way to fix that, we're planning on this shit happening more and not less," I said.

"It wasn't a suggestion to give her tactical training, Harri," Kyla said. "I think Erica with proper training would be more trouble than we could get into ourselves."

I could only imagine how a pissed-off Erica with jiu-jitsu or krav maga training would deal with assholes out in the normal world. Then again, it was entirely possible there wouldn't be a normal world left pretty soon.

Kyla and I started jogging, and I could tell Kyla was keeping an eye on me and my leg. It ached every time I put weight on it, but it was a dull pain instead of a sharp one so I was able to mostly ignore it. We headed east, prioritizing the crews and where there were potentially more of the looters over the threat to the supply drop-off. I tried to pick up the pace as we veered off of the main gravel driveway and into one of the cut swathes that the crews were making, but as soon as I went from a light jog to a run the pain got sharper and I backed off.

"There's a vehicle coming," Kyla said, and I looked up and heard the rumble of a diesel engine coming from ahead of us.

We moved off of the cut line, stepping into the foliage of the forest, and we both tensed as we raised our rifles. The truck that came around the turn about thirty yards from us looked for all the world like a construction rig loaded down with tools and supplies, and I would have assumed it was someone trying to get to safety if the truck wasn't also flying a full-sized confederate flag from the roof of its cab.

"You gotta be shitting me," I mumbled.

"Let them go?" Kyla asked.

"You heard the Captain," I said, my finger tightening on the trigger. "But you don't need to do it if you don't want."

Kyla's answer was opening fire, and I quickly joined her. We peppered the truck as it sped by us, but it didn't lose control or slow down in the slightest. We pivoted as it burned by and kept firing, and I heard a shout and saw a flash of red in the open bed of the truck.

It disappeared around another bend.

"Shit," I said. I wasn't exactly used to shooting at a fast-moving target like that.

"We hit someone," Kyla said.

"Yeah, I saw," I said. "Won't be useful to us unless they bring him to a hospital, or they dump him out the back and we can ID him."

"What now?" Kyla asked. "Follow them?"

I shook my head, looking back up the way they had come from. "There's still another one out here somewhere."

We pushed on after reloading since we had both used most of a magazine on the speeding truck. A couple of minutes later we rounded a bend and saw that we'd reached the end of the cut we'd been following. There was a big log-hauling truck a dozen paces from where the crew had been clearing trees, and an excavator with a claw on the end of its big arm that would load the logs onto the truck. There were also several men in high-viz vests and helmets buzzing around in a clump. As we got closer I realized they were working to try and help two crewmen who were on the ground and wounded.

"What's the situation?" I asked loudly as we approached.

Several of the men jumped, but when they saw it was Kyla and I in our Sheriff vests they calmed down. "We got attacked by those fucking assholes," one of the men said, an older guy with a scruffy goatee. "We heard the shit on the radios, then they came tearing down here. There were four of 'em and they were armed with shotguns and rifles. Gaz tried to tell them off and got hit with birdshot that's torn up his arm and side pretty bad, then Lukas tried to jump one of 'em and he might lose his fucking leg. They made us load all of our tools and equipment into their truck and took off a couple minutes ago."

"We saw them. Hit one, too," Kyla said, and that brought some nods from the men.

I did a quick survey of the damage - the thing about working on a site full of construction workers was that everyone was trained in safety and emergency situations. Working with heavy machinery required it. And while gunshot wounds might not have been covered in the heavy workplace safety and first aid training plenty of the guys on the crew had, they were doing their best to keep the wounded stable.

"I already called for medics on my radio in the truck," said a younger guy. He had the vest but wasn't wearing a helmet so I assumed he was the driver.

"Gaz should live, but I'm worried about Lukas," said the older guy. "He went into shock and he needs treatment fast."

"Can you get the truck around to bring him to camp?" I asked.

"Not with any kind of speed," the driver said. "It's a whole process to back my way out of these lanes until they get connected."

"Fuck, alright," I grunted. "Radio in again and tell whoever answers that this cut lane is clear and that the Shariff cleared it himself."

"Thanks," the older guy grunted and nodded, shooing the driver back to the truck to do so.

"What's the last thing you guys heard on the radio about-" Gunshots cut me off.

"North-east," Kyla said, pointing in the direction. We were already in the easternmost third of the land, and I took a moment to try and remember the latest planned roadmap.

"It's got to be the access road on the border," I said. I hadn't thought they'd started cutting it yet, but I wasn't exactly up to date on everything all of the crews were accomplishing. The planned access road was supposed to be for utility work only since the compound would have backup power and water generation from the river that fed into the Nehalem. That river was partially fed by the spring I loved so much.

Kyla and I took off, heading into the bush due North first since there was an old hiking trail we could use to skip around a couple of the rockier areas. That brought us above where the shots had come from and we had to come back down South as we pushed east through a copse of evergreens until we stopped when we heard voices.

It was tough to hear what they were saying at first, but it was clear they were angry. I went to my belly near the edge of the evergreens and crawled under the last branches to peek out at the clearing ahead, trying to keep my hiss of pain from my leg quiet enough that Kyla didn't hear.

The work crew had been cutting the utility access road just like I'd thought, though at the moment it seemed more like a single lane than what would probably be needed later. They had an excavator like the last crew, but no logging truck - instead the clearing crew had been pushing everything to the side of their path, and it would get cleaned up by another crew sometime in the future. That left logs and debris mounded on either side of the path, making it difficult for me to see what was going on.

"Stay here," I whispered to Kyla and motioned that I was going to crawl closer to listen. She frowned but nodded. I put my time doing army PE drills to use and crawled my way through the brush to the mound. It sucked for my forearms as they scraped rock and dirt and rough vegetation, but it sucked even more for my leg as it ached like hell with every bump it took.

At the mound, I was able to peek over a log.

There was another pickup truck, and while this one wasn't flying a confederate flag it definitely had the same dinged-up look to it. It also happened to have three men dressed in rough camo and holding rifles standing next to it while they overlooked a crew of six workers. The workers all had their hands up and were on their knees.

"Tell us what this place is for!" shouted one of the scruffy men at a worker who was pulled out from the rest of the group. The white helmet on the ground nearby told me he was likely in charge of the crew.

"Dude, what the fuck?" he grunted, keeping his eyes down like he thought that might stop the trio from doing anything. "I told you, it's a housing project."

"That's total bullshit," the tallest of the raiders said. "There's no way this is just some housing thing. In the middle of this fake-ass pandemic? What are they building here during the cover-up?"

"Naw, man," the third one said. "Maybe itis housing, but it's for like... aliens. Or for the aristocrats of some invading army once they take over the country."

"Is that it?" the first one demanded. "Are you assholes building shit to hide aliens or enemies of the state?"

"Dude, if that were even true, do you think I would know?" the foreman said. "We're just clearing trees for a road."

"He knows more than he's saying," the second guy said.

"Maybe we should shoot one of these guys, make them take us serious like," the third one suggested.

Well, that sent my plan to try and find a natural opening out the window. I slipped back down the mound a bit and started crawling to my left, hoping to put the excavator between me and the firearms. My leg was killing me now, but I shunted that feeling into my gritting teeth and held it there. I didn't have time to think about it.

The guys argued back and forth a bit more. Two of them sounded reluctant to just shoot someone in cold blood, which was good. It meant I had a chance to possibly diffuse the situation. Once I was a good way along I peeked over the edge of the mound again and saw that I'd gone far enough, and I slipped over and got up into a crouch as I adjusted my grip on the M4 and rolled my neck to get myself focused. Creeping around the side of the excavator, I took a quick peek.

BreakTheBar
BreakTheBar
8,046 Followers