Queendom 05: Domestication

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They might have to call off the meeting. Or reschedule it, at least. It could end up being a hard blow, to all her efforts, and months of planning. Yet all she could think of now was.

God! Bella is going to lose her mind..!!'

***

**

*

Leashed and Led

Bellatrix struggled to contain her annoyance by the sudden re-scheduling.

"My Queen. This is very unfortunate. I had invested considerable time and effort, designing your first task outside the bounds of this Kingdom. I had to coordinate for weeks, both with the Aestrikan ambassador and your security chief, to find a slot that would fit within the schedule. I understand how seriously you take your chastity, but as much as it's a strength, it's a great impediment to my duties. After all, there can only be so much variation one can come up with, that fits the bill."

"I understand it's a hard problem..." Elanor interjected. "But it is your hard problem. You took up the challenge, remember? And seriously?! The real unfortunate incident is King Proxus suddenly falling ill, wouldn't you agree.? I understand you've been working on this unique, out-of-the box task for weeks, but hey... The enmity between the two Kingdoms, Wolkenshire and Noxtra, is age-old. And it took a wise man like King Proxus to even take up the initiative, to act as a mediator. Bringing us both to the table."

"His son, Prince Axon, did months of negotiations to arrive at this preliminary meeting even. For one, I think it'd be wise to restrict our 'activities' within Wolkenshire, regardless. We are both at a loss here, Bella. I always wanted to build bridges with Noxtra. Even before I came to Wolkenshire, I always felt the hostility between the two Kingdoms wasn't beyond all hope. And when I finally had a shot at it, the fate hits us with this..?!!"

The Queen was quite taken aback by the outburst. She had always felt Bella took the job a bit too seriously. But never expected her Mistress to be so much invested in the plans, to lose her mind to even a minor set back. Bella too was baffled by how visceral her own reaction was. It almost felt like she had lost a pony she had been training for a long time. She said.

"I apologize for sounding irrational, my Queen. But this was a huge undertaking for me. Especially after the last two tasks, there was no way the next one would work, if it lacked sufficient escalation. At the same time, we really can't afford to have another 'Templeton horseback scenario'. Especially on foreign soil. That's why we took a break last week, so I can focus on perfecting this one... I had to toil days on end at the archives, looking at the foreign laws, stable regulations and timings. Almost two weeks consulting with royal physicians, fetish boutiques, dentists, and so on.. And all of it, for nothing..?"

'Fetish boutiques and dentists?! God, what on earth was she planning?' Elanor felt partly relieved by the sudden setback. She replied.

"It's done, Bella. In fact, King Proxus requested if it'll be possible for us to host the Diplomatic meeting at one of our castles instead. And our Regent of Foreign Affairs had already agreed to host it in the Castle Cloveshire of the Eastern Province. After all, the mediation talks were only one part of the Diplomatic Meet. There are plenty common interests, for us and Aestrikans still. The delegation had already left, and will reach the Castle by evening tomorrow."

"My Queen, tomorrow is the Diplomatic Dinner then?! It's a Thursday! What about your scheduled performance.?!" Bella realized by now that she was partly being argumentative. But the other part of her was still very adamant. Her treatment plans weren't second to any Diplomatic Meet, after all.

Was she serious..?! Is she really pitting a rare Diplomatic meet with the Aestrikans, against a stupid performance at a rundown dance bar.?!

The Queen didn't know how to respond. Bella was way over in her head this time. At the same time, Elanor reminded herself. It was this commitment that she had always recognized as Bella's greatest strength. The same conviction she saw in her eyes, on their very first meeting. But there was nothing the Queen could do to fix it, as the Noxtrans refused to meet without King Proxus mediating. But if she can't fix it, maybe she could offer up some consolation at least. Something to cheer up the 'Horse Whisperer' in her.

"How about you join us at Castle Cloveshire in the evening, for the royal dinner morrow?"

The Queen asked out of the blue.

"Yes. Sure, my Queen. Why..?"

Such a typical Bella-response, the Queen snickered within. For most commoners, a direct invitation to the royal luncheon itself was a high-point of their life. Something they'd go on and on about to the grandkids, about how they met their Queen. And even with all the time spent together, Bellatrix was still a mere employee. A pretty low-tier one at the regal scale, even with the special exceptions allotted. To be invited by the Queen alone was enough to raise the standing of any minor ministers. But all those status symbols of the world mattered so little to Bella.

It wasn't ignorance, either. She genuinely couldn't care less. Her world was all horses. Taming, training and treating. And now she got to tame the greatest beast of all six kingdoms, the Queen Chaste herself. Social posturing paled in comparison. Knowing full well she meant no disrespect, the Queen answered.

"Why, you ask..? Well, because I said so, Mistress.!" Elanor said half-mockingly. After all, with the amended contract, she wasn't required to address Bella as mistress before sunset. An honorific, which she wasn't particularly a fan of, even though it had a clear psychological effect on her.

"You'll get the complete guest list. Joining us surely will be Arch Minister Grinwald and his aids, Prince Gaskier of Aestrikus, High Priest Bishop himself, and a very old friend of mine. Sir Fyodor Belkin.!"

With evident excitement in her eyes, Bella asked.

"Like the Fyodor Belkin, the Stable Maester! The living legend?!!"

"In the flesh.." Elanor smiled. "Accompanied by his daughter and protégé, Lady Linaralla. An old accomplice of yours, right..?"

Lene.! Lene is attending..?!

Brimming with childlike joy, Bellatrix bowed thankfully.

"See you at the dinner, Bella. Though I believe you'll have to be there by the morning. The Head of Households, after all. You are dismissed." Elanor felt good.

Of course, she didn't call her Mistress. But Bella's satisfied smile had a great effect on the Queen still. Like any true submissive, her happiness was linked to her dominant by now. Almost inexplicably.

**

*

"I still can't believe it, Bella! You, the Head of Households for the Royal Castle..?!"

Lady Linaralla couldn't hide her excitement, now that they were having drinks, done with the formalities of the royal luncheon. She had known Bellatrix since she was fourteen, and was training to follow her father's footsteps. It was at the Royal Ranch training ring that she met Bellatrix for the first time. A skinny little Miss Agrafena, who had managed to impress the Head Trainer with her handling of the equine, giving a tight competition to the existing protégé. Obviously, this didn't jive well with the young Lene.

But soon a deep friendship blossomed between the girls, overpowering any hints of rivalry, a friendship they both cherished to this day. Within a few sips of wine they both had started chatting up in the corner, like too little teenagers, forgetting they were even in the Palace hall. From time to time Linaralla's eyes went back to the right corner, where her father sat chatting with his old friend, a very loud Arch Minister Grinwald. In the middle of them both, sat the High Priest, Bishop Benedictus Flavius, calm and listening as usual.

Across them, next to the fireplace, stood the Queen Chaste herself, Elanor of Wolkenshire. She looked as divine as always. Like a beauty so ethereal, the portraits could do no justice to it. 'Wait, does she look a bit plump?' Linaralla wondered. The Queen was discussing the recent developments to the guest, and her husband's friend, Prince Gaskier and his aids. And from the motions, it seemed like a much formal conversation.

Elanor said.

"Gaskier of Aestrikus, I must say. None compares, to your princely conduct. There was no need for you to personally come this far, to report on your Father's well-being. I hope he's feeling better."

"Sadly no, my Queen." Gaskier replied, his eyes intoxicated by the beauty right before.

'God! It's like she got more beautiful by the day.'

It was no secret to Elanor, the desire he struggled to hide. Barthomius himself had told her, about how they both fell for the same girl that very night they met her. Unfortunately for Gaskier, Elanor only had her eyes for Bard. Yet, after all the storms they had weathered over the years, his desire only kept growing. And it didn't help that Bard kept teasing about her to him, every chance he got. Realizing he might spill the truth, Gaskier changed the topic.

"There is another thing I must report, my Queen. I'm sure you've heard of the raids at the border forests, with regard to the illegal Blue Poppy farming."

Elanor nodded in affirmative. Blue poppy usage was wide spread as a psychotropic drug, and the addiction ruined so many lives, that Elanor had to take harsh measures to ban the substance across the kingdoms. The demand was high, and the black markets ran on it. So Elanor took a keen interest in wiping out the drug, off of her kingdom. Gaskier continued.

"The reports are quite vague, and at times unreliable. But I've been hearing about a new hallucinogen about to hit the markets, this time from the Orcan tribes. They call it Dream Stone. If reports are to be believed, it's unlike anything we have encountered yet. It's said to be capable of eliciting mass hallucinations; shared dreams and the likes. Some say it's a mix of their black magic, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt." He laughed, almost mocking the superstitions of his own intelligence services.

Elanor joined in on the laughs, it wasn't the first report she had heard of potential Orcan black magic.

"Do not worry, Prince Gaskier. We have our combined military combing the forests of the East mountain range. Orcs are a thing of history now.! We've already won."

Gaskier simply nodded. He knew that Orcan units regularly caused border skirmishes along the East mountains. The threat was far from over. But the memory of Barthomius seemed still fresh in her eyes, a wound that simply refused to heal. He didn't feel like contradicting the Queen, and forcing her to relive those painful days. In a way, he even felt responsible for his dear friend's untimely demise.

Gaskier was supposed to join in with Barthomius and help lead the charge. On that fateful day, however, the storm made it impossible for him and his men, to cross the river on time. Barthomius had to go ahead along, navigating the risky terrain, notorious for its landslides and avalanches. To be never heard from again. Gaskier didn't know, he wasn't the only one trying to overlook the obvious.

Elanor scanned the room until her gaze settled on the famed horse trainer, Sir Fyodor Belkin.

Uncle Belkin to her.

One of those sweet, special memories of the old.

She had known him for a very short yet significant few months of her lifetime. Once, he had visited the Kingdom of Vankenbraum, in his youth, at her Papa's behest. He was the most promising stable man of the time. King Ribert, her Papa, was restructuring his cavalry back then. And needing the latest expert opinion to guide the cavalry training, Fyodor Belkin was hired in no time. One day he happened to notice the timid little Princess Nora, sitting by the sides, with a familiar fear in her eyes.

Fyodor walked up and got down on his haunches. He talked her through her fears, and guided her to her first ever pony. Elanor remembered the shiver in her spine, as she caressed the mane of her greatest fear. In a few days, she was riding her first pony, with overwhelming glee.

The closest she felt to flying.

They met again years later. By then he had grown into the living legend, the head of the Imperial Stables of Wolkenshire, and even a close advisor to the then King, Barthomius Senior. It warmed her greatly that he hadn't forgotten his dear student. They spent a week at the ranch, perfecting her riding. But the best part for her was getting to know him better. And realizing what he had meant to her, all those years.

The kind, loving uncle she never had.

The one who taught her how to ride. To tame a beast.

She remembered his long strides, quick wit and immovable stance. The way the women flocked to see him perform, yet his unrelenting moral clarity. The way he devoted his life to his two great loves. His wife, Lady Alexandrovna, and his passion for all things equine.

And that ever present smile in his eyes.

Years later, as the Queen looked across the room at her Uncle Belkin, he looked like a shadow of his former self. By the time Elanor formalized her alliance with Wolkenshire, he had already retired. Apparently there was some major medical emergency, leaving him with a paralyzed arm, forcing him to resign early and focus on research instead. Age had taken a toll on him, and the from what she heard, he was having issues with memory. That's why he had to be accompanied by his daughter on all tours now.

But according to Lady Linaralla, with proper medication, he is still very much the legendary Stable Maester. The knowledge he had acquired over the years was unparalleled. And on a good day, he could easily break a beast on his own. Old age can be difficult, Elanor told herself. Yet it filled her heart when she saw his eyes, he still hadn't lost the smile in them. And she was overjoyed when he recognized her as his Little Nora. In fact, even his own daughter seemed surprised to see him remember the Queen after all this time.

Sure, he wasn't his usual commanding self, many noticed. Then again, he was never that way with Elanor. If anything there was a qualia to his sound, that he thankfully maintained still. That gentle, attentive yet playful maternal shade of his. The voice from his heart, that made her warm up to him from the very begining. So much that she would have simply hugged him, and cried her worries away, if not for all these formalities of the Queenship.

My own Uncle Belkin. My rock.

The evening bell, however, woke her up from such thoughts. Soon the dinner came to a close. All the guests bowed, bidding farewell to the Queen for the night. Most of the foreign delegates returned to their quarters, having lots to prepare, for the actual Diplomatic Meet the next day. The rest hung around drinking and catching up with old friends, the seasoned diplomats, including Archminister Grinwald. As usual, Jokshun drove the royal carriage back to the Palace, escorted by the new security team led by Vlazid. Having the charge over Castle Cloveshire, the Head of Households had to stay back.

Vlazid and his men stayed were in an extremely irritable mood, having to escort the Queen. They thought she'd stay back at Cloveshire, so they could take the night off. It was Thursday night, and each of them were itching to get back to Desert Rose. Little did they know, Lady Demura wasn't in a position to perform tonight as well.

Once the Queen left, Bellatrix gathered round the Castle guards. She said.

"My men, I'm sure you all know this. But let me remind you still. The comfort and care of the delegates is your primary priority tonight. This Meet was planned at the very last minute, under some truly unfortunate circumstances. I'm sure you've all heard of our neighboring King Proxus by now. It is possible that some of the delegates may take this opportunity for some stress relief. And as royal parties go, you know how absurd they can get. And also attending are a few of the senior-most brave warriors and trainers, the best of our own."

"In case you run into something questionable, inappropriate, even ridiculous, just let it be. The last thing we want is to offend any of them, even inadvertently. The Queen says, give them a pass for now. So do the same, and leave them be for the night. No matter how preposterous a situation you find one, or a bunch of them in. Do not interfere unless to aid, and always follow rank. These men have earned that right. And unless it's that obvious a threat, do not intervene."

The guards went back to their stations, confused by what to make of it. They had heard a great deal, from their colleagues, about the new Head of Households. About how great she was at her job. But this is as vague an instruction can get. Walking back into the Castle, Bella couldn't contain the excitement for the night. Even at a short notice, she was able to repurpose her plan, and the preparations so far, to fit the new scenario.

The instructions were purposefully vague, because apart from a general outline for the night's task, she had no idea how it'd unravel. And she knew better to count for Elanor's infamous bad luck for escalating things on to a new tangent. After all, the Queen hadn't left the Castle like she had let all her men believe, including Jokshun. The person who went with the escorting team was Elanor's long time body-double, Gertha, dressed the same as her Queen. Elanor was instead, right where Bella had left her, straining against the straps within the Royal Chamber of Castle Clovenshire, while two men stood guard, confused about all the strange squeaking sounds from inside. Unsure what it was they were still guarding, yet not going in to check, just as ordered by the Head of Households.

Bella was on her way to fetch the Queen's supper, the same fatty unsavory soup, as prescribed by Lady Adriana. As instructed, Elanor had barely touched her food at the Royal Dinner, and she must sure be starving by now. But before that, there was one more thing for the dutiful Mistress to make sure. Walking up the stone stairs, Bella's mind was in a turmoil. The irony of the situation didn't escape her, either. She was appointed by the Queen to specifically help with the indecisiveness and unsurety that troubled her.

Yet here she was, struggling to see through her own indecisiveness. For one, this was unlike anything she had trouble taming so far. Her toughest conquest to date was the fifteen hundred pound beast of a wild mountain horse three years back. The crowning tame of her career, cementing her title as the Horse Whisperer across the Kingdom. Even that, she completed in three weeks time.

Compare that to Elanor, it has been over a month since she started the session, and still she had no real grip on the situation. Of course, her duty wasn't to tame the Queen herself. That would be stupid on the one hand, and downright treasonous on the other. The ruling monarch of your kingdom should be the last person to have a broken spirit. And Elanor is as unbreakable as it got, when it comes to steeling one's spirit. No, the beast to be tamed wasn't the Queen herself. But that unfathomable lust of hers, that pure primordial carnality that she manages to keep at bay by staying frigid. Yet, turns untamable, at the first glimpse of a lapse in concentration. To break free and sprint.

On the one hand, Bella felt deeply responsible. It was her doing, after all. As miserable as the Queen felt, at least she did a good job of keeping it suppressed. Repressed even. But the way Bella's tasks unfolded, it seemed to not just wake up the sleeping beast, but cut it loose of any reins or restrictions. It wasn't that she feared for imprisonment, for failing at the task so miserably.

What held her responsible, was the word she had given to Elanor, the Great Chaste Queen. The promise that she'd get to the bottom of it, no matter the cost. She didn't just want to succeed. This was far from the mere conquest it appeared to be. Bellatrix needed to tame that beast of a lust in her, to reel it into a bridle. So she can peacefully walk away, handing the reins back to her Queen, leaving her to a happy, contained life.

1...1011121314...16