Quiet Betty

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The rest of the day was a pleasant round of conversations with other newcomers and friends of their family. Anyone who knew or guessed what they'd gotten up to in the woods said nothing. Nor, to her relief and joy, did anyone comment on her body. Betty told herself again and again that shouldn't be a surprise, but she couldn't help feeling it was.

There were no objections from Rob and Nick's parents when both brothers asked to be dropped off with Betty and Janice at their apartment. "Fair warning, guys," Betty said as they got out of the van, "I don't know if Audra's home."

"I think at this point we'll make her more uncomfortable than she'll make us," Nick said.

In the event, she wasn't home. In the morning, Rob volunteered to make breakfast for them all. "Guess I ought to thank all three of you for engineering this whole thing," he said as he served up the French toast and scrambled eggs.

"It worked out pretty well for us, too, didn't it?" Janice said.

"I was more optimistic for you than for myself, to tell you the truth," Betty said.

The risk that Audra might turn up remained unspoken throughout breakfast. But just as Nick was about to volunteer to wash the dishes, they heard her key in the lock.

Nick didn't realize he'd tensed up until Janice took his hand and rubbed it gently. "It's okay, we're all on your side," she whispered. Betty gave Rob a sympathetic look that said the same, and put her arm around him. Both brothers looked steadfastly straight ahead, away from the door as it swung open.

"That's the last time I stay over Mitch's place," Audra declared as she stepped inside. "He didn't even have a - " Both she and her voice came to a screeching halt as she saw who was in the kitchen. "What the..."

"Good morning, Audra," Janice said. "Why don't you go get some sleep?"

"Betty," Audra said in her not-to-be-trifled-with voice. "Can I have a word with you?"

"We've got nothing to talk about, Audj," Betty said, patting Rob's hand as it clutched her other one.

"Fine, I'll say it here, then," Audra said. "Rob and especially Nick, I don't want you in my home, understood?"

"It's our home, too, Audra," Janice said.

"And do you think they're any more comfortable around you than you are with them?" Betty asked.

"I never did anything to either of these losers!" Audra whined.

"Excuse me?!" Nick looked near tears. Janice held his hand and rubbed it in an attempt to soothe him, but his face didn't lose a bit of its rage.

"Oh, that time at my house?" Audra shook her head in disbelief. "We were just playing around, Nick, and the boys would've left you alone if you hadn't always told on them. If that still bothers you, maybe you ought to get some counseling. Now would you two get out of my home?"

Betty sat up straight in her seat and gave her old friend a steely glare that was nothing like she could ever recall doing before. "Nope," she said.

Audra glared at her, obviously expecting her to give in. When Betty didn't give in, Audra shook her head and muttered, "You guys are lucky I'm so tired," and turned to go to her room. "But you'd all better be gone when I wake up!"

"I wouldn't have it any other way!" Betty snickered under her breath, and they all joined in. Audra heard the laughter, but for once she knew she was outgunned.