Raging Love Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Claudia shook her head. "Nothing."

Vanessa sighed gloomily. "Okay, and where's Sean?"

Hearing the sweet name, Vanessa couldn't miss the joy that she felt in her heart.

"He's in the car sleeping." Claudia said with a smile. "He got tired and slept off as soon as we arrived. I will go and..."

"No, it's fine!" She gestured. "Get the bags and I will get him."

Claudia bowed and quickly left. Vanessa was still worried because she had no idea what to think or where he had gone to. But her worries vanished when she opened the car door and laid her eyes on the beautiful smiling soul. She couldn't do anything but just stare. It was sight to see.

***

Loud music from drums could be heard... people cheering at the top of their voices, carrying all kinds of things, women, men and children dancing joyfully and people singing while playing with colors on the road.

It was the day of the almighty, the day that people celebrated with colors because they thanked the Lord almighty for bringing color into their lives. There were lots of people celebrating, foods, drinks and decorations. It was really beautiful and although it was mostly celebrated by the poor, the day was always joyful.

And there he was, walking on bare foot on a path that led to the temple... He didn't care about the place being dirty or how he was dressed... He was holding a prayer plate with offering for the almighty and a small lamp as per tradition... The day was a bit windy, blowing his long hair backwards...

He was dressed in an all-white attire with a long white scarf wrapped around his neck... His eyes were fixed forward, staring straight at the temple. People were busy staring at him, wondering who he was and why he was walking bare footed on the dirty path.

'Five years ago, I left this place brokenhearted, weak and vulnerable.

I was heartbroken, suffered greatly, tormented and humiliated. My life ended, almost, but only the almighty saves and gives people second chances. I have now become convinced that God thoroughly enjoys fixing and saving things that are broken.

No matter how hurt and defeated you feel, no matter how badly you have been damaged, God can repair you. God can give anyone a second chance.

Everyone has a past. I have mine... Like someone once told me, 'The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.'

But everything that has happened to me has only showed that I can rise in the midst of a dark and shaking moment. But not without the almighty's blessings.'

He reached the temple entrance and as soon as he took the first step inside, a really strong wind began blowing everywhere and he could feel its impact. But even though the wind blew strongly, the lamp on his prayer plate didn't go off. It rather just glowed even brighter.

And though he didn't even notice it, as soon as he made his first step inside the temple, he started leaving red foot prints on the floor, leading to the statue of the idol that seemed to be smiling at him with its hand stretched as if it was blessing him.

He reached the front and then knelt at the foot of the statue, looking straight at it with a stern face. Then he took some flowers from the plate and carefully placed them at the feet of the almighty. Then he took the plate, bowed and placed it on the table nearby.

He put his hands together, his eyes fixed on the statue...

"I don't know why I missed you all of a sudden today." He said in a sweet but emotional tone. "Actually, I wanted to thank you. I really didn't say anything to you the last time I was here. Whenever I feel, there's no reason to smile in life..." He paused and breathed in deeply. "...you give me a reason. I thank you the most..." Tears began building in his eyes. "...you have given me a reason to live and not just to smile."

He glanced at the floor, feeling emotions building up inside of him like a tornado. "I was drowning in the waves like a straw. You've given me support. No matter how much I go astray, you always bring me back on track. So thank you!"

He closed his eyes and started praying to the almighty.

***

6 Years ago

*

Santiago and Richard came rushing to the holy river and got the shock of their lives when they saw a crowd of people staring into the water while talking among themselves in fear and shock. They could hear the people saying that someone had committed suicide in the holy river.

Santiago's eyes quickly moved to the water and when he saw a body floating deep under water, he didn't need to be a genius to know that that body was...

"Praveen!" Santiago hollered, feeling his heart go cold instantly. "Praveen! No!"

He started rushing to the water with Richard behind him and wanted to dive in but the people caught him.

"What do you think you're doing?" They asked, holding him tighter.

Santiago tried to fight but there were a lot of hands holding him. "Let me go!" He cried, trying all he could to let himself free. "Please, he's dying."

"You cannot go in there!" The people told him. "It is a sacrilege without the assistance of a priest. Besides, that body has been in the water for quite some time. He's dead already."

"No!" Richard cried, trying to go in the water but the people caught him too. "Not now, no!" He wept, shaking his head. "Please, my son... I need to save him. I cannot lose him after finding him, please!"

Richard felt a sharp pain in his heart, feeling like his heart was being ripped to shreds. But he ignored it. All he wanted was to save his son.

"Praveen, please..." Santiago's cries were painful. Everyone that heard knew the guy was in so much. "...please, I have to save him." He cried, dropping to his knees.

Santiago dropped his eyes to the ground and cried unlike before. He was ready to trade his life for Praveen's. He didn't want him to die, not a painful death like that. He couldn't take it because Praveen was so important in his life. The pain he felt at that time was unlike anything he had ever felt before.

With a sharp groan, Santiago furiously rubbed his tears and raised his eyes to the heavens. He had no idea where he got the energy from or where all the anger came from.

"Once again..." He screamed, breathing like he was in a war. "...once again you've managed to prove to me that you're weak and useless." His voice was so loud that people covered their mouths when they heard him. They were shocked by his words.

"Just once, once I thought you could answer my prayer and show me that you're not that useless after all." He screamed. His heart was racing and his pain was getting unbearable. "But here we're are again with you showing how useless and undependable you are.

I asked you..." He paused and sobbed. The anger in his voice couldn't be masked. "...i begged you... I knelt in front of you and I cried too. But you ignored all that because you can't do anything. You're not that powerful."

He furiously rubbed his tears but they came flowing again. "A boy that has always depended on you, always talks about you and followed your every teaching. Why did you do this to him? A boy that has suffered unjustly and he's been nothing but faithful to you. He's been devoted to you since he was young. This is the same boy that made me start to believe in you once again." He screamed, clenching his fist.

"I begged you to save him and I would dedicate my entire life to you but once again, you've proved you're useless. Now listen to me..." He warned, raising his finger. "...if Praveen dies, then I promise you that I, Santiago, will make sure that you seize to exist too." He didn't know how he was gonna do it but he was definitely gonna do it. "I will make sure that I taint your name in such a way that no one else will ever pray to you." He groaned, running out of breath. "This is your chance to prove me wrong and show that you exist and you're really powerful and not useless! Prove it, damn it!" He screamed.

Lightning split the sky terribly, scaring everyone that was there. Then all of a sudden, something scary happened, something that made everyone feel scared. As soon as lightning split the sky, it was followed by a loud roaring thunder that sounded like an angry voice. Then suddenly, water started making a loud noise like it was boiling and then... a loud splashing sound was heard.

One moment, the river opened up and the next moment, Praveen's body was flying in the air towards the edge. The river threw him at the edge and his body was lying there, all wet.

Everyone looked in shock, including Santiago and Richard. Then everyone started rushing there. Santiago ran to Praveen and when he reached him, he knelt down, held his hand and started checking for a pulse.

Santiago smiled, chuckling softly while tears followed. "He's still alive!" He cried happily, looking at Richard who was equally smiling. "He's alive!"

Richard couldn't mask the happiness inside him. The moment he looked at his son's face, he felt joyous and at peace. It was something that he hadn't felt in a long time. He quickly took his son's hand and kissed it, thanking God that he had been saved.

"Thank you!" Santiago put his hands together, raising his eyes to the heavens with tears flowing. "Thank you so much. I will forever dedicate my life to you."

He took Praveen's hand sweetly and looked at the happily crying man. "I am sorry, sir, I have no idea how you're related to him but thank you so much. We need to take him to a doctor!"

"Let's take him to the temple first." The people suggested. "There's a doctor nearby. We'll call her for you."

Santiago carefully took Praveen in his arms and took him to the temple where they found the priest smiling when he saw them. It didn't take long before the doctor came and examined Praveen. But then, he had some really shocking news for them.

"Doctor, how's he?"

"He's fine!" The doctor said, staring at the sleeping boy. "There's nothing wrong with him or maybe not that serious." The doctor looked tense and shocked. She was together with the smiling priest.

"What do you mean by that?" Santiago gasped, feeling his heart begin to race.

"Well... err... maybe it will be better if the priest tells you because..."

"What?" Richard gasped, feeling hot all of a sudden. "What's wrong with my son? He's he going..."

"Nothing is wrong with him. The almighty has just decided to give him another reason to live." The priest chuckled, smiling brightly at the confused men.

Richard and Santiago looked at each other confusedly. "But..."

"He's pregnant!" The doctor hollered, followed by a gulp. "I just examined him and... it seems he's two weeks pregnant."

***

Present day

*

He opened his eyes widely, a harsh breath escaping from him. His heart raced as he raised his face and looked at the statue, feeling like something had possessed him. His eyes were teary and his body felt energized all of a sudden. He fixed his gaze on the almighty and felt a strong wind hit his face, blowing his hair backwards.

Then he clenched his fist, showing it to the statue!

"Never again..."

It has just began...

***

And now the long awaited series is here guys and I'd like to thank you for your patience and your love. I hope this spin off of 'Destined Hearts," will be a hit and you'll love and support it. I can promise you one thing, get ready for drama, suspense and a heart filled romantic drama unlike before. You'll surely enjoy it.

And by the way guys, I am back in school and being in medical school, I won't be able to post consistently but I won't leave you hanging like before. I will be updating you so get onto this journey with me and let's explore together. I love you guys a lot and can't wait to hear your views about this first chapter. By the way, I didn't edit this chapter so forgive me for the minor errors.

Feel the passion...