Rebuilding Eden

Story Info
From business opportunity to paradise.
11.4k words
4.76
38.8k
45

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 12/22/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SimonO
SimonO
581 Followers

Simon Says: I am categorizing this as exhibitionist, but it could easily also be a little romance, mature, or a number of other items. You will see some hints. I already have a bulk of Chapter 2 done so expect that soon.

As always, I am about the slow burn/ character development. This story has teasing but no sex. Hang in there and happy reading.

+++++

Life can sometimes pitch you some unusual surprises. Most people anticipate at least some unexpected events to pop up every now and then, but usually these surprises might be things like: "I didn't expect to find this twenty-dollar bill in my pocket! Yay me!" Or it might be "Wow! I haven't seen her since high school! And here we are running into each other in the cereal aisle!"

For me, the surprise revealed itself slowly over time and as a result my life took a decidedly very different path. And I really harbor no regrets at all.

It all began one mid-March morning when I received a call.

"Hello. Is this Mr. Thomas Andrews?"

"Sure is. What can I do for you?"

"You are the Mr. Thomas Andrews who is a nephew of Mr. Gerald Perkins of Parkersburg, West Virginia?"

"Yes. Correct. What is this in regards to? Is Uncle Gerry ok?"

"I apologize, Mr. Andrews. This is Jeanette Loving. I am Mr. Perkins' lawyer. I am heading towards your home now but wanted to give you a heads up. Do you have about thirty minutes that you can spend with me? I assure you all will be clear then."

"Sure."

I was hopeful that Uncle Gerry was ok. I had spent a lot of my childhood and some of my teenage years at his house with Aunt Carolyn. They really were an amazingly nice couple. And since they had no children of their own (I never knew why) I became a semi-adopted kid for them. Then tragedy struck a bit over twenty-five years ago: Aunt Carolyn passed away in her early forties. I don't think Gerry ever recovered. He continued to write me (old style approach of actual hand-written letters) a few times a year but never talked much about himself or what he was doing. Mostly he just asked questions about me, spent a little time talking about Carolyn and then focused a lot on the good times we had when I used to stay with them.

Because of him, I actually hand-wrote letters back. He is the only one that would receive those, so don't get excited there.

Even more difficult: he kind of broke off ties with the rest of the family (including my mom, his sister). I think he didn't want anyone to see him as weak or something. He ended up living in West Virginia and asked that none of us visit him. I saw him at general family gatherings three total times in the last two and a half decades.

Regardless, I imagined a lawyer showing up at my house under mysterious circumstances, somehow connected to my uncle, probably only meant one of a few things.

Turns out that one of my guesses was correct.

Ms. Loving looked to be in her forties, blond curling hair that didn't quite reach her shoulders, relaxed and easy-going eyes and a very polite, respectful and business only attitude. She was a very pleasant woman, just very serious and a little formal.

"I am sorry Mr. Andrews. Mr. Perkins passed peacefully two days ago in his home. A friend found him the next morning. I am very sorry for your loss." She attempted to look consolingly at me.

I admit I felt a bit of shock. Ms. Loving continued to look at me expectantly. I am guessing it was my turn . . .

"I didn't know of Uncle Gerry having any health concerns. Actually, he was in great shape for being nearly seventy." I paused. "I guess it was just his time. He had lived decades without his wife so maybe it was time to go home."

Ms. Loving continued to look at me kindly as I worked through a bit out loud. I regained focus.

"Thank you for letting me know, Ms. Loving, but I admit I am a little confused as to why his lawyer is delivering this news in person."

She nodded and rested her hands in her lap. "Of course, Mr. Andrews . . . "

"Please call me Tom," I interjected.

She forced a smile. "Thank you. And I am Jeanette." I nodded as she prepared to begin again.

"Mr. Perkins has listed you as the one who inherits the bulk of his remaining estate."

"I am confused, honestly. I haven't seen Uncle Gerry in years."

"As you are aware, Mr. Perkins did not have any heirs to his estate. And with his wife passed and the fact that he never remarried, the provision lists you as the main beneficiary."

I suppose that makes sense. Sort of.

"I am sure you will have more questions as we go, but he has two properties -- a condo in Parkersburg and an outdoors resort called Eden Woods, a little less than an hour outside of Parkersburg in Wilkes, West Virginia. He also has a small amount of savings that has been split between you and one other beneficiary. Your share amounts to $15,000." I had no idea where Wilkes was but Parkersburg was about an hour from me, so it was only a few hours drive from here at most, depending on which direction.

"An outdoors resort?"

"Yes," her brows briefly furrowed, "I could not find any information advertising it online and when I called the number a Ms. Cami Franklin answered and described it as a family outdoors resort. I will give you the name and number. I am afraid that even as his lawyer I was not made aware of its existence." I just nodded.

What in the world am I going to do with an outdoors resort? Not sure I even know what that means.

"Mr. Andr . . . I mean Tom, here are the main documents you will need to sign." Jeanette brought me out of my thoughts.

As I took the documents and glanced at them, I asked, "isn't there usually something more official than this? Like a reading of a will?"

Briefly a small smile came to her face, "yes, normally, but Mr. Perkins merely made three bullet points on a piece of paper and sent it to me in a sealed envelope to be opened at his passing. He also left instructions for me to visit each of the two beneficiaries personally."

"Am I allowed to know who the other person was?"

She nodded, "Ms. Cami Franklin at the resort. I am actually thankful that I spoke with her when I researched the resort for you as Mr. Perkins gave me very little information on her when he sent me his wishes. I will be heading over there next."

After I finished signing, Jeanette assured me that all transfers and such would be done within a week. She also asked if she should give my contact information to Ms. Franklin since she at the very least was living (but likely was actually also working) at the resort I now owned.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

The resort really was off the beaten path, and without my smart phone maps app I doubt I could have found it. At least the address Ms. Franklin gave me registered immediately.

The final turn took me down a gravel road with dense woods on either side, with really only enough room for one and half cars at a time. Essentially it was a very very long driveway. If anyone left the property at the same time as someone entering, then someone was going to be pulling very close to some trees on the side of the road.

Admittedly, though, this felt like a very peaceful setting. Beautiful mix of hardwoods and Pines filled in most of the spaces on either side of the road. And with my windows down and a slight breeze, I could smell the hint of Pine mixed with Cedar in the air, which I always enjoyed.

Finally, the quarter mile bumpy road brought me into an opening in the woods with a large-ish lodge of sorts immediately in front of me and a few branching roads to either side heading off into the woods. I could see some trails around the clearing and what looked like an amphitheater and a lovely decent sized small lake with an actual beach at the base of a cove with other various types of recreational equipment and such parked around the opening.

Ms. Franklin had provided few directions once I got onto the property, so I assumed the lodge was the destination. I parked next to the only other car in front of the house (a two-door yellow Jeep wrangler) and made my way to the front door.

I had my hand up poised to knock when the door opened revealing a pretty blonde, probably in her early to mid twenties, no more than thirty, smiling wide at me. She wore a lovely blue-ish flowered sundress that sat off the shoulders.

"You must be Mr. Andrews! Welcome to Eden Woods!" She immediately (and rather enthusiastically) shook my hand. This one had a lot of energy.

Over my initial surprise I smiled back, "thanks. It is great to be here. Ms. Franklin?"

She nodded, "yes sir. But it's Camdyn. Please just call me Cami. Come on back and let's chat."

Before I could respond, my host turned and led me into the house, through a sort of reception area to a large living room with lots of seating, game tables and a large television screen on one wall. I had noticed her bare feet slapped on the hardwood floor, and so left my shoes behind at the door before walking quickly to catch up with her in the living room area.

I did notice that there were some conspicuously blank spaces on the walls where it seemed there usually were paintings or pictures. Maybe they were Uncle Gerry's things and the staff felt the need to remove them. In transition, that sort of thing.

We settled on a set of comfortable chairs.

"So, Mr. Andrews, . . . "

"Please, just call me Tom."

"Ok, Tom, I first would like to wish you condolences for your loss."

"Well, thank you Cami, but I wish to do the same. I am sure you grew at least somewhat close to my uncle while working here."

The smiling demeanor faulted for a moment. She nodded, showing a little sadness, but then forced a smile back on.

"Thank you. I would say Gerry and I had become good friends over the last six years." I nodded sympathetically. "But I am sure you also would like to talk about this beautiful resort you just inherited too. I am sure it came as a surprise!"

Her energy level looked to be on high. Honestly, she seemed rather wound tight.

"It sure did. While I always loved my uncle, I am still confused as to why he left me a resort that up until four days ago, I did not even know existed." She was leaning forward and listening closely.

"So maybe as I ask questions about this place, maybe that will become clearer. At least I hope so."

She nodded again. Her fingers were twirling around each other as she sat forward listening. Boundless energy. Or something.

"Can I get you anything to drink? Would you like me to show you around first?"

"Oh no. I think it would be good to talk about things first. Thanks though."

As I pulled out my notepad so that I could take some notes I noticed her biting her lip.

"So, this is a resort? Like a camping resort?"

"Mmhmm. Yes. Of a sort."

"Ok, and no one is here now, so it only functions in like later in the spring, summer and fall? And its closed during the winter?"

"Well, almost exclusively in the summer only." I started to detect that her boundless energy was really boundless nervousness. While she answered my questions, she didn't exactly elaborating on anything.

"Interesting. Is that by choice? I would think this would be a popular place, especially in the fall. The trees must look amazing before the leaves drop in October."

"Oh, they do, but we are sort of a family vacation spot so we only really see people in the summer months. You know, when school is out."

"Ok, so two months a year then?"

She nodded. At this point she was biting her lip more fervently. It was pretty cute, but it also told me that she was holding some things back. We will see.

"And how many employees?"

"Just me."

I did a double take, like one of those scenes in a cartoon. "Just you? You and Gerry ran the whole camp?"

She just nodded. If she nibbled on her lip any longer then we would need a first aid kit.

"How in the world is that possible? I don't know a lot about running a resort but surely there is quite a bit to do." She didn't immediately answer so I continued.

"How many people stay here on average each week during the summer?"

"Um . . ." The girl looked like she was close to passing out with this bottled up nervousness, her eyes looking even a bit panicky.

Enough was enough. I put my notepad down and leaned forward.

"Cami, listen to me." She looked right into my eyes.

"I am sure you are in a bit of a tailspin right now. A good friend of yours, I assume, passed away. You obviously love this place and not only work here but probably call this your home too, right?" She nodded. I saw some tears start forming. I am guessing I hit it directly and that it would be good to get this emotion out. Maybe.

"I recognize how very important this place is to you, so I promise you that I will be very careful and work closely with you on whatever solution we come to. I am not some sort of corporate type who is just looking to make money. To be honest, I mostly-retired a few years ago and really have no need of any more money so I am going to work hard with you to come to something that will work out for everyone, ok?"

Tears were streaming down her face now. Obviously, I just turned over the right rock.

"Honestly, I have no idea why my uncle chose me to be a part of this, but he must have had his reasons. We will figure it out. Together. Ok?"

She brought her hands to her face and let the waterworks go. She seemed to be trying to regain composure, but she had completely lost it. She almost began sobbing, maybe the need for release was just too much. I had seen it before.

Now, if this was a friend I would not hesitate. But we had met maybe twenty minutes before, so it was a little awkward. But what the hell, she needed it.

"At the risk of seeming creepy or out of line, I would like to hug you right now. Is that ok?"

Her eyes peered out from her hands and she nodded. So, I stood, and she just fell into my arms and squeezed me tight. So, I did the same.

I could feel her face against my shoulder. She was trying to catch her breath. I am sure this was several days in the making.

"All will be fine, Cami. I promise." She nodded against my shoulder. She let out a few emotional sobs/ sighs. I rubbed her back a bit, which brought to my attention that she didn't seem to be wearing a bra. I shouldn't be surprised as I am sure only a strapless one would work with her choice in dress, but still a dude in his forties hugging a lovely woman in her twenties and discovering that gave a small pause. Only a small one. I am not a total letch.

Maybe she sixth-sensed my pervy-ness as she then loosened her grip and stepped back. I saw a tissue box sitting on the table out of the corner of my eye, reached over and handed her several. She smiled at me appreciatively as she began working on her eyes. The glistening tears on her cheeks were just endearing.

"Better?"

She nodded, "sorry, I think I kinda needed to do that." She blushed a little as she sat back down, trying to regain her composure, continuing to wipe her eyes and take a few deep breaths.

"I think I understand. So much of your world suddenly became an unknown. But I meant what I said, we can work this out."

She nodded again and smiled what I think was a genuine smile of appreciation (instead of a nervous mask, which I now know she wore earlier).

"Ok, now, it is important that we be honest with each other. Complete honesty from here on out. I do not need any extra money, I love how beautiful this place is and I am interested in seeing if I can help this place out in some way. I love solving problems and doing new things, so this place so far looks like it is in my wheelhouse. And I have no interest in pushing you out of your home. Ok?"

She nodded. "Thank you. Truly."

"Good, now your turn. Be completely honest with me. What are you holding back?"

She nodded seriously and breathed in a deep breath. She kept her eyes averted as she began.

"Ok, here it goes. I was afraid to tell you this up front as I wanted you to fall in love with this place first. But then you just wanted to sit down and chat about how this place is run, and then I thought that was the end of it all."

I nodded, "It's ok. I understand. But you need to tell me so please do . . ."

"Right, well this is a naturist resort."

"Like a place where people come to appreciate nature?"

"Um, I think you are thinking of a naturalist. While we absolutely love nature and outdoors and stuff, we always do it, like, with, um, no clothing on."

"Oh."

So, she started staring at me, I am guessing trying to gauge my reaction. I mean, how would a dude react when he just learned his uncle left him a resort where nude people congregate.

"Let me add a little since it is out in the open now." I just nodded as she gently continued.

"This is a family resort, so it isn't some sort of party orgy place or anything. The people who come here are couples and full families, little kids and everything. Of course, what a couple does in their cabin is up to them."

I just continued to listen. No reason to write any of this down as I am 100% sure I was not going to forget any of this.

"We don't have a need for more staff because only three families come for the whole summer, plus some other one-week or a few-weekends folks. So, we cook a little (we do lunch, but no dinner in our café), clean, do housekeeping and occasionally some organized events among residents, but those are pretty rare."

She spoke quickly now. I am guessing now that the big secret was out in the open, she wanted to give me everything I needed to know.

"Gerry and I shared these duties. He wasn't great at cooking, so I did that, but the rest we just split. Um, I do take a small salary, but I also get included room and board, so it is mostly for savings, retirement contributions, taxes, car and when I go see family and friends. Those sorts of things."

I looked up after about thirty seconds of silence. I had been processing and organizing thoughts, but everything seemed clear to me. "Ok."

She furrowed her brow, "ok?"

"Yep, ok. I am not running away."

I smiled at her and it seemed right at that moment she suddenly instantly began to relax. She actually let out a breath.

"That said, I have more questions." And with that I grabbed my notepad as she put on this very cute grin nodding enthusiastically.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I learned that the resort had been in existence for about twenty years. Cami had come on board a bit less than two years before my entering the picture, having heard about it through conversations on a nudist discussion forum online. She wanted to try it out, when she was in a near-by college, and came to the resort. She fell in love with the place and basically did everything she could to be hired to work at the resort when she graduated.

I also learned that there were about ten cabins total but that only five of them were open at any given time. The other five needed some general repairs to the electrical or plumbing (all cabins received power through small solar units and the plumbing from individually built small wells, so the repairs probably were not going to be terrible, but still needed). Cami said that Gerry never repaired those as there just wasn't enough demand for them and he didn't want to spend what little money they had.

There also were twenty camping sites that doubled as recreational vehicle hookups. A few of these were active but most, like the dormant and shuttered cabins, were in need of minor work. The lodge slept up to four families (plus the two rooms for Gerry and Cami). On any given day, with all of the facilities working, there could be around 150 or so people.

So that was the potential. Last summer, the resort saw three summer-long families -- an older couple in their upper fifties with adult kids who did not come with them, a middle-aged couple aged around forty with two teenagers and a third couple in their early thirties with two small children. In addition to these summer long guests five other families came at different times for short periods of time, for a grand total of 26 people for the whole summer (as opposed to the potential of 150 or so per a week).

SimonO
SimonO
581 Followers