All Comments on 'Reconnection'

by TwistedDaveAuthor

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 3 years ago

Good tale (love the Elm Street horror nod!) with a sense of closure they both needed so badly after so many years apart. At least Evi’s “seeing someone else” seemed to be no more after Dave arrived, though that could be a nice setup for a longer story over more chapters if you wish as she fights feelings for him and for someone else. Well done.

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredalmost 3 years ago

“He had just been discharged from the army, she could tell he was still in love with her, but she was seeing someone else.“ This line from the beginning of the story really confused me, as nowhere in the rest of the story is there any reference to her being in another relationship. In fact, at one point it is claimed that it has been a long time since anyone treated as he did. So which is it, I wonder?

TwistedDaveAuthorTwistedDaveAuthoralmost 3 years agoAuthor

Sorry for the confusion. She was thinking back to the last time she had seen him. He had been discharged from the Army. She could tell that he still loved her after all the years in the Army. They could not explore their feelings for each other due to her being in a relationship at the time. Then she went back to the present, wondering where the hell he was, cause he was never late. Again I apologize, I am not used to writing wholesome stories. This was fun to write however and maybe i will write more, but only if I can do this justice, if not it will stay a one off.

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredalmost 3 years ago

Fair enough, I thought it might be something like that, or perhaps just a change you made during editing that didn't get pushed through the rest of the story. It definitely makes more sense with your explanation. Thanks for responding to my question.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTwistedDaveAuthor@TwistedDaveAuthor
Former military, semi-serious writer. Published a few stories on Amazon as Twisted Dave. I tend to write non-consent/reluctance, took a trip into a romance story, dabble in incest stories and willing to try other genres. I use my writing as a way to cope with everyday stress. ...