Redemption Falls

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What the hell did I ever do to you that make you hate me like you do?" Amber refused to rise to his bate.

"You're breathing, that's all it takes.... First you bail and I get stuck taking care of mom, then you waltz back when it suits you and fuck everything up. What's mine is mine and no little bitch of a sister is going to fuck it up. I've been waiting for this. I'll need every dime I can get when mom dies...."

"Listen to you, wishing mom dead for her money. You make me sick. Tell you what. If you think I took a penny of mom's money I shouldn't have. Have me audited. I don't care. I don't give a damn about her will. As far as I know, that's been taken care of years ago. I'm not here for that. But, if you ever bring this, or that stupid rent crap up again, I'll knock the living shit out of you. We both know I can do it. Now get the fuck out of my office." Amber had enough of her brother and called the guard.

"Last warning Amber... I'll fucking ruin you!" Trace fumed.

"Harry, you know my brother don't you." Amber ignored her brother, looking up at the big guard who once played on the same football team. "If I'm at the bank, he's not to be allowed in. He banks through the fireman's credit union. Put it in the pass on book." She ordered, knowing he'd do exactly that.

"Yes Miss Mouser." He said politely. "Come on Trace, you've caused enough problems for today." He firmly and politely showed Trace, the door.

"Miss Mouser... in my office." Mr. James ordered. When the door closed he asked. "What was that all about?"

"Sorry sir, it's a family problem. I didn't know he would show up here." Amber apologized.

"What's the problem... if it's at my bank I need to know." He ordered.

"He'll probably have me audited. He thinks there is money missing from my mother's accounts. I'm not worried sir." Amber tied to explain.

"Well, I'll take care of that now. I can't have one of my managers being suspected of theft or fraud." He punched in his code and pulled up the accounts on his computer. "At a glance, there has been nothing but the normal monthly bills paid. Well, there is the new trust account in Louse A. Mouser's name with you as the executor."

"That's her new granddaughter, sir." Amber said instantly.

"Ah, that makes sense. Ten thousand now can grow to be enough to pay for a good college in eighteen years especially if they put in fifty dollars a month. Your mother is a forward thinking woman." He leaned back and appraised Amber. "How is Mr. Reed working out?"

"Well, good enough I suppose..." Amber didn't know how to say that he gave her the willies.

"Come on, I can't run this bank right if I don't have the information. This is between you and me." Mr. James said, knowing that in three months, the old manager retired and he'd take over all operations of the bank.

"Well, it would be nice if he looked me in the eye when he talks to me. Also if he'd adjust his vent so... well, I know I have them sir, but I bet if you asked him, he couldn't tell you what color my eyes are, if you get what I'm saying." Amber glanced down at her top, giving her boss the clue he needed.

"I see, so if he treated you with respect and quit looking at your breasts and butt, you'd feel better. Has he made any unwanted comments or actions?" Mr. James knew Amber was stacked, but he ignored it most of the times. He was male of course, so he knew she filled out her blouses perfectly.

"No, but I don't like going into his office, or walking by his door. I know he's made a pass at one of my tellers, but her husband took care of that." Amber smoothed down her slacks.

"What are the chances of you finishing your BA or MBA?" He changed the subject.

"I already have my BA; I'd have to wait until my mother is better... or... before I could work on my MBA sir." Amber wondered where the conversation was going.

"Fine... get back with me on that after next quarters meeting. There is a program I know of, that might help. Thank you Miss Mouser. That'd be all." Mr. James dismissed her and went back to his stack of paperwork.

***

To Amber, her life resembled watching old re-runs of the Lucy show. No matter what day it was, it's nothing but the same old shit. The only bright spot was that with Sherry living at the house, she didn't have to worry about getting dinner ready or if her mother needed a ride into town.

The things that made her life bearable were the daily calls from Tara. She even went out on a couple of dates with Brad, just to break up the boredom. She'd tell Tara all about their dates and laugh. They secretly thought he was gay, and Amber was his cover. They originally planned to meet the next month, but Tara had to cancel at the last minute.

One day out of the blue, Tara called and asked. "Hey sexy, whatcha doing?"

"Nothing, why...?" Amber smiled.

"I was hoping that you could help me move next weekend. My transfer came in and I'll only be an hour away from you." She squealed.

"You're kidding me... really?" Amber's heart beat faster. "Oh my god... I can't believe it. I'll call you after I'm off work. We can make plans then." Amber gushed.

"Okay sweetie... I love you... talk to you soon." Tara ended the call as Amber face turned red. She enjoyed hearing Tara declaration of love and felt bad about not being able to say it back. Maybe now she could find out if she really did love her.

The week blurred by and Amber made it so she could get off work early. Sherry even let her use the van, which surprised Amber. She never expected Sherry to be so supportive of another friend.

They met at a shopping center and Amber followed Tara to the upscale apartment complex. Tara opened the door, and pulled Amber in behind her. After that, it was seconds before both of them were naked and kissing. Tara pushed her down on the couch and spread her legs.

"Oh god... I've needed you so bad." She gasped before burying her face in Amber's wet pussy.

"Oh yeah, oh fuck... OHSHIT...!" Amber cried out as her first orgasm washed over her. Amber held onto Tara's head as she rippled in bliss until her clit became too sensitive. "Stop... My turn...!" She forced Tara on to her back and grabbed her nipples and sucked her clit, trying to get Tara over the first peak.

"I love you... I LOVE YOU...!" Tara cried out as Amber ate her. "OH YES...!" She screamed as she crested into her orgasm. "Come here... please...." She begged and pulled her lover up beside her.

"I've missed you." Amber said and kissed her lover's lips, tasting their mixed flavors.

"I missed you too. I'm sorry I fibbed to you, but it was worth it." Tara smiled at her lover.

"What do you mean?" Amber asked startled.

"I canceled last time so I had time to move in. I didn't want our first time together, unpacking and moving boxes. When we can get up again, I'll take you to our new bed. I bought it just for us." Tara rubbed the sexy naked woman who held her heart. They would have stayed there longer, but someone knocked on the door.

Amber scrambled up and tried to pick up all their clothes, as Tara went to the bathroom and got her Robe. "Just a minute...." She called out as she tweaked Amber's nipple in passing. "You might want to wait in the bathroom baby. That should be lunch." She smiled.

Tara laughed at the ogling old man who delivered the pizza she ordered on the way from meeting Amber. She saw his eyes dart behind her and heard her lover's feet pad over the hardwood floor. Feeling frisky, she flashed one of her nipples and said. "Here's your tip. I'll see you later." And laughed again, as she shut the door in his stunned face.

"Oh, that was mean. He could have a heart attack." Amber came up behind her and hugged her.

"Like seeing my stacked naked lover helped..." She turned and kissed Amber, running her free hand over a stiff nipple. "He's probably got his first boner in a decade. I'm hungry for food, and then I want to eat you again." She nipped at her lover's neck and ears before heading into the dining area.

Lunch was left on the table as moans and grunts were coming from the bedroom. Amber had her hand buried in Tara's tight cunt, looking for that special spot. Both women had hickies on their tits and Tara had one on her thigh next to her pussy. They were so into their love making, they almost didn't hear Amber's cell phone ring.

Panting, Amber used her free hand to push the button. "Hello...?"

"Amber.... You sound out of breath... I'm sorry but I had to call." Sherry's distraught voice came over the phone.

"What's wrong Sherry?" Amber asked, going still.

"It's your mom... She's in the hospital. They think she's had another stroke."

"I'm on my way." She pulled her hand out of Tara and scooted off the bed. Let me get cleaned up and I'll be there in about an hour." She pushed the button and tossed down her phone

"What's wrong sweetie?" Tara asked seeing the frightened look on Amber's face.

"It's my mom... Another stroke... I have to go!" She ran to the shower and yelled. "How do you make this thing work?"

"Here, I'll help..." She pulled Amber into the big shower and washed them. She knew her lover didn't realize how shook up she was. "I'll drive.... I don't want you to get killed trying to get there." She added at Amber's look.

The trip to the hospital happened in silence. Each woman lost in her own thoughts and worries. Tara drove as fast as she could and followed the directions on her GPS, which she took the time to grab out of her car. She pulled up to the entrance and told Amber.

"You go in... I'll park the van. I'll find you, go to your mom." She kissed her quickly and watched her run into the hospital.

Twenty minutes later, she found Amber hugging a short rounded woman in the hallway. She figured it must have been Sherry as she approached. "How is she?"

"It's bad... real bad... they don't expect her to make it." Amber cried.

"I'm so sorry... I'm Tara, you must be Sherry." She reached her hand out to the other woman.

"Hi... Amber's talked about you..." She sniffed back her tears.

Tara had a hand on both women, when she was knocked back by a rushing man. She bumped into Sherry and tried to see who pushed her.

"That was Trace...." Amber said softly. "He's still on shift, so they..." She would have said more but the doctor approached. He talked to them for about five minutes and then went inside her mother's room.

Trace didn't even look their way as he stormed past.

"What happened?" Amber asked Sherry.

"I don't know... Trace came over while I was putting AJ down for his nap. I heard raised voices, but I didn't listen in. Trace slammed out of the house and woke up AJ. It was an hour later, when she just wilted. I called 911 and the ambulance people were there in minutes. You heard what the doctor said...." Sherry sobbed, knowing the woman she had become to think as a second mother, would never wake up again.

It took five days for Mildred Mouser's body to stop. The doctor said she had died as soon as the stroke hit. It was a massive hemorrhage that he'd been expecting since the first one. Mrs. Johnson volunteered to take Tara home so Sherry and Amber could start making the arrangements that needed to get done.

Fortunately for them, Amber's mom had taken care of most of it before she passed. All they had to do was arrange the time and date for the services. The new young pastor would lead the service and his wife had the ladies group organized. Amber just walked around in a daze. The only other good thing was that Trace made himself scarce.

***

For anyone who hasn't been to a funeral, they are not something you want to dwell on, but get through. It was a packed church, everyone expected that. What they didn't expect, how big of an ass Trace made of himself. Without the support of Sherry and Tara, Amber would have never made it. She never thought her mother would die. She sat braced in between Tara, Sherry and her mother's friends. Across from them sat Trace, Mary and her family. Trace refused to even look at his sister, let alone give her any comfort. Deep down it hurt Amber, but didn't surprise her.

After the service, they watched as her mother was lowered into the ground next to her father. The choir sang, the preacher prayed and most people cried. Again Trace refused to look at his sister. It all came to a head at the wake afterwards. In the crowed church hall, Tara and Sherry tried to make sure one of them was there for Amber. It was like Trace waited until his sister was alone and attacked.

As soon as he saw her alone he shouted. "Amber... Mom's dead and it's your fault. I want you and all those people out of my house before next week." Amber could smell the booze on his breath.

"Not now Trace. We can deal with all this, later." Amber tried to move past her brother.

"Look you Lesbo whore... Yeah that's right I've done some digging. I know all about you being a whore... I've got the paperwork to prove it. I also know about that lesbian you were fucking while our mother died." He shouted, getting the attention he wanted.

"Which is it Trace? Am I a lesbian or a whore...?" She had enough of her brother. "You can't have both. This isn't the time or place to air dirty laundry. But if you want to, then let's go for it." She knew you could hear a pin drop as the town watched the two face off.

"Fine then I'll say you are a whore. I bet you made mom proud turning tricks in LA." He spat out full of venom.

"Fine... Let go with that...! I've never turned a trick, as you put it. Yes, the day of mom's first stroke, I had a really bad infection. The medicine would have cost me over a thousand dollars. So, the doctor was nice enough to put me on a program that helps women get the medicine they need. Besides that, I've put myself through college, got my degree and worked in banking for the last four years. So, how does that make me a whore?"

"YOU FUCKING BITCH..." Trace screamed. "I want you out of my house...! I don't care if you are a Lesbo whoring cunt. That's my house and I want you out." Spit was dribbling down his chin.

After a mummer running through the crowd, Mr. Welsh, their mother's attorney came up and quietly said. "Trace... that's not true. You have to wait for the fifteen days then I'll go over the paperwork, but that house isn't yours... please it's Mildred's wake." He tried to placate Trace.

"Fuck you... you shyster! I expect everything to be transferred into my name or I'll sue your stupid ass. Take this dyke bitch's side." Trace spit at the attorney.

"Shut up Trace." Amber slapped her brother. "You are making a scene and acting like an ass. Go sober up!" She had never been so mad.

"Fuck you Amber.... Hey everyone... Look it here. Here is a letter from the CDC saying my whore of a sister needs to get checked for AIDS." He pulled the letter out to show everyone. "I warned you I'd fucking ruin you."

Amber grabbed the letter and yelled. "Who the fuck gave my brother a drink. He's was trying to sober up." Looking at her brother she hissed back. "At least I wasn't caught drunk, stealing my great grandmother's silver and tossed out on my ass. Go sober up again and we'll deal with this later Trace." She looked around.

"That's enough...!" Susan Johnson yelled. "You firemen take Trace and sober him up. Amber you should be ashamed... this is your mother's wake."

"Susan.... I really appreciate all the help. But, I didn't start this fight. I'm damn sure going to end it though. I've done nothing wrong; and fuck me if anyone can say different. I came home and found my mother in the hospital, half of her stuff pawned by my drunken brother, who was being blackmailed by some tramp he stopped and watched at some titty bar.... I've had to buy back my mom's stuff and put up with the rumors, but that stops now. If any of you have something to say about it, speak up, because I'm in the mood! Not a fucking one of you did anything until I got here, so come on...!"

"Amber... sweetie, enough. We love you, we know you are grieving. Let's go home..." Tara came up and pulled the hysterical Amber into her arms.

"Sherry, we need to get her a stiff drink and put her to bed." As soon as Tara arms were around Amber, she broke. The two women supported her out of the crowed hall and to Sherry's van.

Once the dam broke, it took all Tara's strength to hold up the sobbing woman. Sherry drove and worried about her best friend. It took both of them to drag Amber into the house and Sherry finally had to slap Amber before they doused her in a cold shower. After laying down with her, the two women braced her in the bed, so she couldn't move without them knowing about it.

The next morning, Amber woke up to the soft voices of her friends. At first she couldn't understand the words. She didn't care. She just wanted to snuggle in and forget the nightmare that consumed her. As her mind focused she heard.

"I hear we have a lot in common."

"What do you mean?"

"We both have exes that trip right over into the weird."

"Oh that... yeah, um... I didn't know she told anyone that."

"It's okay Sherry... I understand... Believe me I do. It's not your fault. I thought I knew my husband before I found them...."

"Yeah well since I can't say anything, he's fighting the divorce and I don't know what to do.... Did she tell you I'm pregnant with his child again?"

"No... She's waking up." Amber opened her eyes and realized she was in her mother's bed and the grief hit her again. "Are you feeling better this morning?" Tara walked into the room quietly.

"I guess... I... did I really go off at my mom's wake?" Amber asked trying to separate her dreams from reality.

"Sweetie, you were ready to take on the whole town. You'd won too. I've never seen so many guilty faces.... Don't worry about that.... I called your work and they said take as much time as you need." Tara sat next to her and stroked her face and brushed her long hair back.

"I'd never thought Trace would ambush you like that." Sherry came in with a cup of strong coffee. "I didn't know he went through your mail... I'm sorry, I didn't watch him that well when he came over." She apologized.

"It's not your fault Sherry. We all knew he was planning something. I'll have to apologize to Mrs. Johnson. She didn't deserve..." Amber hung her head.

"She's been here already... She said she was sorry, but.... She didn't know how bad it was until Sherry sat her down. She thought Trace would've been grateful for you saving his job and marriage." Tara softly kissed Amber, ignoring the startled look from Sherry.

"Time to get up and face the day." Sherry said blushing.

"I'll explain it to her later." Amber said as they watched Sherry scoot out of the room.

"I think she's grieving too, she's also a little bit jealous. She's nice though." Tara said and stroked Amber's hair while her cheek rested on Tara's breasts.

Amber stayed home for a week, but couldn't take it anymore. She went back to work and at least put in her hours. When she went to her desk, it was covered with condolence cards. Everyone left her alone and let her deal with it the best she could.

Tara would come up every weekend and took the day off when they knew Amber had to go to the lawyer's office. As soon as the girls walked Amber in, the receptionist took her back. They thought it was funny that they let Trace sit out in the waiting room fuming for fifteen minutes before calling him back. Both Sherry and Tara wanted to be a fly on the wall.

Amber sat in the conference room as Trish, Mr. Welsh's assistant; got her a cup of coffee and chatted with her while they waited. Finally Mr. Welsh came in and said.

"Amber... I'm going to bring in your brother now. Do you think you can keep it together until we get through this?" He set a thick folder down and looked kindly at the distraught young woman.

1...456789