All Comments on 'Renaissance Faire Ch. 03'

by jmmj5

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
management91399management91399over 4 years ago

Loving that these chapters are posting regularly, hoping that this entire story is finished and we keep getting pieces every day or so. Well done, enjoying this a lot, hoping it doesn't get too wacky down then road.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 4 years ago

Really enjoying this. Good job.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Okay, I'm still...

along for the ride, but there has to be some dramatic impetus soon. If this goes backwards to a one page chapter or nothing of consequence happens in the next chapter, I'm out.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

Interesting story, but Rob is far too passive.

He warned her about Richard, then she was caught kissing him. Debbie crossed the line and is clearly too dumb to protect herself from slimy predators, so Rob needed to take care of business. It should have been ultimatum time... quit the job or it's time for a divorce. She still loves him at that point, so after lots of tears, she'd agree. Knock her up a few times and she'd be far too busy with her kids to be giggling at some academic douchebag's jokes.

I've never understood why some men do nothing to intervene when they see their wives are being seduced.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 4 years ago

don't care how long the story is.

would have liked to read all 7 chapters in a row. i like this story and will keep reading till the end. thank you for posting it here

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 4 years ago
Strongest Installment of the Series ( So Far )

Fine job in depicting husband, wife, her wobbling fidelity and the in-laws. I do however love to see the bad guy strut and preen and 'so far' this one is pretty generic. But the story telling is better then most and I'm looking forward to next installment. Ignore the mouth breathers telling you to hurry up.

I thank jmmj5 for sharing.

abitshyoneabitshyoneover 4 years ago
getting better

its long, the first 2 installments were a bit dull, , but then i re -read them and without them your third installment wouldnt be enough , so its getting better,, im realy starting to enjoy this ,, not to long at all, thanks for sharing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

The new, smooth guy who dazzles the faithful wife with the drab husband has been used often. Doesn't make it bad, it's just that we can see it coming a mile away, and just have to wait and wait for you to spring it on us. Her suddenly NOT talking so much about Richard is a tell, also.

"Well that may work for a bunch of mechanics, but for the faculty, sometimes they just need to get with the program." - Actually, it's probably the other way around!

It's BECAUSE of faculty "egos" (God, I hate that word!), that they need to be convinced, rather than just told to "get on board."

I know she'd try to put him down for petty jealousy, but he should have confronted her, if she was done in the library, then she could come home! At least she opened up about seeing Richard, but they were still to close!

"What he didn't share with Rob was that this was concerning to him also." - He didn't say that? It sure sounded like he did!

"Don't you want our daughter to be happy." - Why can't she be happy with the man she presumably loves? Maybe if her mother paid her husband a little more respect it would help.

If he's not going to give the charities their fair share, they shouldn't participate, and the townspeople shouldn't go, see how well the fair does then!

"Rob, don't you trust me?" - Sort of. Her fascination with Richard warps her judgement.

What makes no sense, is if we believe her, and I THINK I do, based on what we're told about her thoughts, that nothing was going on between her and Richard, and she honestly didn't realize how she was acting; then how, AFTER their conversation, could she slip so far?

"Richard had also suggested the possibility of an overseas research opportunity next year." - Gee, I wonder if Richard would be going along?

Rob's not her intellectual equal? His JOB may not be on the same intellectual level, that doesn't mean that HE isn't.

What's the "minimum" she could get away with that would placate Richard? Forgetting that she shouldn't be trying to "get away" with ANYTHING, I would suggest that minimum that would placate Richard would be blow jobs, and that's FAR too much.

"I'm sorry that you see the danger that Richard poses, but do not value Rob enough to keep him away." - At first, I thought that was an error, that she DIDN'T see the danger, then realized it was correct, that this is actually worse than the typical "smooth operator" stories, where the wife doesn't see what's happening. Here she DOES see it, and (wrongly) thinks that she can handle it.

Much better chapter, but chapter two could have been added to the beginning of this chapter. If it's not too late, I'd give SERIOUS consideration to reconfiguring future chapters.

spud65spud65over 4 years ago
A bit short

Great detail which I find lacking in many stories I’ve read on this site. Just enough to keep the reader informed and little enough to keep the reader wanting more. Great story so far.

GlendaJaneGlendaJaneover 4 years ago
Great Story

One of the best stories on this site, I can't wait for the next chapter. Keep writing !

CSD2CSD2over 4 years ago

This better end up with a duel between Rob and Richard at the faire, or this set up is wasted.

JayDiverJayDiverover 4 years ago

I completely disagree with Anonymous2019. This story is about the ride not the ending. It's plot driven and depends on character development.

It's not a fashion model hunk delivering pizzas, banging the MILF 30 seconds after knocking on the door.

Personally, I'd like a nice long drive in a Porsche Carrera.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 4 years ago
Great Story

I'm enjoying the ride.

This is a well-crafted and well-written tale.

meucimeuciover 4 years ago

Every chapter keeps getting more interesting, isn't it funny how even her mom either can't see or just don't give a damn at what is happening to her daughters marriage, for that matter her own. I see bad things on the horizon hopefully Rob sticks to his values and don't become a willing cuck.

Rob5373Rob5373over 4 years ago
Good job

I like it. I like a story where the husband is proactive in trying to keep his marriage from being a victim of another man’s unscrupulous womanizing. Debbie is supposed to be smart but she’s right . She’s playing with fire. Just waiting to see who gets burned. I can already tell though she’s teetering on the edge of no return.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 4 years ago
I like it.

Great read, has me waiting for the next.

TailakaTailakaover 4 years ago
Great chapter

In a category like Loving Wives, you've managed to write a very engaging story. The subject matter is hardly "new" and that's what makes this story better. We have some idea where it's going already. The twists or turns in the plot keep it interesting. Having read this chapter, I eagerly await the next. Good job.

jmmj5jmmj5over 4 years agoAuthor
Thank you for your patience

If I had to do it over, I would post as a single story instead of chapters. Oh, well. Live and Learn.

Chapters 2-7 were submitted at the same time. So, hopefully 04-07 will post soon.

Heads up. 04 is short (1 page), but 5, 6, & 7, (should be 3pgs, 2pgs, & 2pgs, respectively)

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

@meuci, oh there's definitely "bad things on the horizon"! Debbie's going to be history and he's going to end up with Kate.

Imoverit41Imoverit41over 4 years ago
Free falling,

without a parachute. Glad Rob decided to work on his degree. Seems Carl is squarely in Robs corner. Sheila is clearly against Rob and wants Debbie to trade Rob in on this smarmy, philandering piece of dog waste. Seems that Sheila and Carl's marriage has been over for sometime. They both have their own money so neither are too worried. Sounds like from Carl's attitude, that he may very well have an investigator look into Richard and Debbie's activities knowing that Sheila is an encouraging influence. Maybe Sheila doesn't believe that Carl will kick her to the curb.

Rob has already done his best. They have no children yet. Debbie is already planning to travel abroad with her paramour. Will she become pregnant? Rob should see to it that he doesn't impregnate her while things are so unsettled. Well, Rob is just a maintenance man. He can't possibly be compared with someone as dashing, intelligent, worldly wise and fabulous as the distinguished Richard. Right?

In looking at things that I do know from the story, I see that Rob is clearly a true Renaissance Man! He excels in all that he does, and is an innovator. Will the University figure this out too late? Oh, I hope so! Dam. Thinking scorched earth again already and we are just getting started. Thank you so much for your story, I am truly loving it so far. I'll try to keep my imagination under control... fat chance!

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Build up

Your build up in this story is really good. This was an excellent chapter with real conflict. Richard is the obvious villain, but I wonder if Sheila might be even more dangerous. I'm definitely invested in your story now.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 4 years ago
Rg: Those who think too much detail

Why drag the story out like our author does? Try this example: Boy meets girl; boy marries girl; girl meets different boy; girl gives it to different boy; her hubby finds out and gets pissed and kicks her out losing half of his stuff in the deal.

Here we have the barebones story, but who would read it? Those who question author going into detail not only doesn’t understand creative writing, but they really don’t understand reading either.

Anyway jmmj5, you are showing up as one heck of a writer—way to go!

terraknorterraknorover 4 years ago
Way to build suspense

I'm enjoying this story - I'm definitely on the edge of my seat and hoping that Debbie will wise up.

Pappy7Pappy7over 4 years ago
I agree that Richard is a villain in this piece as is Sheila but

the real villain is Debbie. Those other two owe nothing to the marriage but Debbie is the gatekeeper in the marriage. It is her job to keep the enemies of the marriage outside the gates that should exist around the marriage. I think we will see her fail big time before this little tale is done.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

Imoverit41, Sheila's actually worse. As bad as "trading up," if she's no longer in love with Rob, so be it, it happens. But Sheila seems to think that Debbie should just use Richard to get what she wants, then go back to Rob and have her Happy Ever After!

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago

Turning into a very good tale. Seeing three villians (of a sort); Richard, Shiela, and Debbie’s ego (thinks she it too smart). I like at this stage, the detail, development, and the numerouos paths it could take.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I like his dad.

TeamEquipeTeamEquipeover 4 years ago
Pull it and re-submit

You have a good story here but I would suggest you pull your submission and re-submit it all in one go.

Maybe not feasible for the early chapters but certainly Ch 5, 6 & 7 submitted as one would be much better IMO.

ibbunkibbunkover 4 years ago

Too long by half.

twinkitwinkiover 4 years ago

I liked your story but dragging it out over a few days is irritating. You could have posted it all in one go. I know you are trying to expand on the various characters and you are doing a good job but there are just so many ways the story can end.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Good stuff manard.

The build up is great and I'm enjoying the ride.

Imoverit41Imoverit41over 4 years ago

Sbrooks103x... Your right. I wasn't thinking in that direction, but your right. She did make her thoughts about it clear. I hope Carl burns her!

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 4 years ago
Better

Yes starting to get there more pages per chapter hope it does not end to soon

Work a few more angles

oneoldmanoneoldmanover 4 years ago

I like it. It is Not too long except for those with short attention spans.

I' m watching for the next chapter. It would be sad to see two divorces.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 4 years ago
Debbies Demise

Get on with the story there can't be that much left to the tale where Debbie falls for Richard and Rob kicks her out and goes to his old love.

eightytuneseightytunesover 4 years ago
to onecoldman

Yes, two divorces are the outcome, became mother can't stop her meddling, and daughter wants the ice cream.

bruce22bruce22over 4 years ago
Nicely done

The information that Debbie gave when we had a short change of Person gives us clarity about her morality. She is not falling for Richard's line rather she is actively

planning how to exploit his interest. It is all on her and at this point I would btb.

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Shelia

Good buildup of tension in the marriage. Shelia , the mother in law, is going to add to the misery brought to the marriage by Richard. Longer chapters are great.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 4 years ago
Well written

The drama is good but its a bit drawn out.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Carl

I truly hopr Rich man Carl divorces his bitch wife and changes his will to give Rob his half!!!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

simplistic dialogue but the plot although well used is fairly interesting

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Debbie is a whore that has cheated and will cheat again. Divorce the cunt and beat the shit out of Richy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjmmj5@jmmj5
With a few exceptions, I tend to write longer stories, but that’s just my nature, I think. I’m going to try to tighten that up in the future. I know that means fewer people will read them, but I know that going in. Also, I tend to write what I know. I’ve spent a lot of time i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories