Replaced Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was glad I had thought to use my business card to buy fuel and pay for the motel yesterday. I kept the receipts and would pay it back later. When I took half the checking and savings account balances I asked for statements and checked them for recent withdrawals. Sheila had indeed taken one hundred dollars out Monday. Using the house as her lovenest was saving her some money. She generally withdrew a hundred dollars every week or two for lunches and spending money, but thinking about it, she still used the card for most things. I never thought about how much money she was actually spending. It was not a major issue and I trusted her to be responsible.

The biggest problem for me was our investment account. I really did not want to give half of it to Sheila. I had decided I would keep as much away from her as I could. I had been the driving force for its success anyway. I made the investments. We both deposited some into the account each payday.

I stopped by work to inform my partner what was going on and get his advice. He was not pleased to hear Sheila was a cheating bitch as he calls any wife having an affair. "You know my brother's story." he said. "His lawyer wrote up a general power of attorney for him to sign giving me the ability to take care of business for him while he was in jail. We were going to try to keep his wife from getting any of his investment account but did not act in time. As soon as he stomped that mudhole in the guy's face and he was arrested, his wife filed. She beat us to the punch by a day. We had planned to transfer almost the whole balance to his kids' college funds." I asked him if that was legal. "According to his lawyer it is. Of course he wouldn't get it either but his goal was to keep the bitch from getting it. Actually it turned out better for him. He ran us some big time legal fees trying to stay out of jail. Check with your lawyer when you go and see what he says. It'll be a small gesture but will piss your wife off and there will be nothing she can do about it." he said with a laugh.

I sat laughing thinking about it. Sheila and I had started accounts for the kids several years ago. We had enough in there for a couple years tuition at a good university. Our collective income was enough we figured we could pay off other expenses as they popped up. Trouble was, I doubted she would be willing to contribute more than a token once we divorce. She would expect me to do it, though. I'd either have to pay or put the twin's college education in jeopardy. Combined we made too much for the kids to qualify for financial aid. I sat down with my partner and tried to guess how much would be needed. I decided to give them close to the total amount leaving just a small balance. My partner and I concluded the kids could live in an apartment and even go to graduate school or maybe buy themselves cars after they graduated on what I gave them. And if they did not stay in school, they could set themselves up in business. We wrote the transfer up and he kept it on hold until I called to tell him to put it through. I was able to do it with my signature alone since it was my own children and Sheila and I originally set up the accounts that way so I could transfer money between stocks and bonds.

I'd call if my lawyer said it was legal. I privately thought seriously about doing it anyway and then challenge Sheila to protest by accusing her of being too greedy to want to take care of her own kids' needs. My appointment with the divorce lawyer was not until early afternoon. I called Karen to ask her out to lunch. I was puzzled with her hesitation. "Are you sure that is a good idea? What if Sheila goes out and sees us together?" I told her today was Wednesday and Sheila was probably looking forward to her 'nooner'. Karen laughed and relented telling me to come on over. When I got there, I asked her what she thought about my transferring money to Sharon and Darren's college fund. She laughed. "You really want to put the screws to her don't you?" she asked. I nodded and told her I'd challenge any protest in front of the kids that she was too cheap to ensure their college. She shook her head and went to ask her boss for his advice. His opinion was it would be legal if I already had documentation to make unilateral decisions for the investment account. And it would not be like I was trying to hide assets. I was simply continuing what we had been doing anyway, just on a larger scale. While Karen got her purse, I called my partner and told him to go for it.

I decided to not take Karen to the restaurant where I frequently take Sheila. That turned out to be a good decision. We had a nice meal. My impending divorce only took up half the conversation. We talked about current events, the kid's plans for the future and just general small talk. Karen acted more like we were on a date or even a family discussion than a casual meal with a friend. She confirmed that when we got back to my truck. "I know it is too early and probably not the best time to bring this up." she said hesitantly. "But I want to put my name in the hat for when you want to start dating again." I turned a little red. It was not anger. It was a blush of quick arousal. She began to stutter and apologize and I held up a hand to stop her.

"I'd like that too." I said. "I did not want to say anything but I was thinking the same thing. I really like you and need somebody to rely on. You have always been there for me, and I already think of you as part of the family. But you are right. It is too early. I definitely do not want to get into some kind of rebound relationship and have it blow up in our faces. You are too important to me." I could see her lips turn up slightly in a smile.

"You are coming over for supper tonight aren't you?" she asked. I told her no. Her initial wince turned into a wide smile when I added I planned to take everybody out to dinner. We'd go across town where it would be unlikely to run into Sheila.

My meeting with the lawyer went as I expected. He began by handing me a printed list of things I should do and information he'd need. He was surprised when I handed him the file folder containing the documents I had copied. I stopped by the house that morning after making sure Sheila had left for work. I already knew I needed documents like tax returns. While there I even changed the combination on my gun safe just to stop any retaliation on her part. I had come to the attorney's office prepared based on Karen's advice. I even had a copy of the video Darren had taken Saturday morning. Sharon had made a few copies. I told him what I had done with the investment account. He shook his head and chuckled. "That'll start an argument but it won't go anywhere. I have clients who try to open up secret bank accounts, even off shore accounts. Generally that blows up in their faces. It is too easy to trace money nowadays. These tax returns will give us a great start and of course we will have to get some appraisals to value property. You mentioned a fish camp. Is that community property?" I shook my head and told him it was not even mine. It belonged to my father. We just had free use of it.

His next question was when I wanted Sheila served. I told him as soon as he could get the paperwork together. He asked if I would agree to counseling as Sheila might want to include it before she agrees to sign. I told him she could wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one filled up faster. It was not going to happen. She had been having an affair for at least a month and I presumed much longer. I was not even sure this was her first affair. I had already thought this out. I was not going to reconcile no matter what.

He said he would get right on it. His final word of advice was not to do 'anything stupid'. I said if I was going to I would have done it when I first caught them in the act. I told him about Dave and what my partner's brother had done. I then told him the story of Eric's adventure with the megaphone. He laughed. I paused at the door and asked him if he thought I should call the asshole's wife and let her know. He told me not yet. Not until he had the paperwork to serve Sheila. He said we needed to consider a couple followup issues but we needed to serve her first.

I asked what he meant. One of the things was her boyfriend's actual position in the company. If he was Sheila's supervisor rather than a coworker it could open up some other avenues. He would get back with me on that.

I asked Karen that evening. She explained. "Basically if they have a fraternization policy or if the company can claim the affair is disruptive to their business both Sheila and the guy could get fired. She might use the loss of her income in a claim for alimony. But if he is a supervisor she can keep from getting fired by claiming sexual harassment. "You can even use that against her by arguing she has recourse she should have taken but chose not to just to claim alimony from you. You would probably not get a penny out of any restitution she gets unless you reconcile and stay married. Then it becomes another community property asset."

I shrugged and repeated my conviction. "I would not stay married to her if she hit the lottery." Then I paused and grinned. 'Well, in that case I'd postpone the divorce until I could get my half, but wouldn't touch her again. Oh shit! Do you think I need to get tested for STD's? Sheila hates condoms. We never used them and she is on the pill so I am sure she is doing him bareback." Karen shook her head, saying I could, just for something else to rub in Sheila's face claiming that I was afraid I was at risk. But judging her record so far Sheila was smart enough to be careful.

"Sheila is smart but she seems to be letting her libido take over her common sense." I offered.

As we sat down for dinner in the restaurant, Sharon said smirking, "I wonder if Mom is horny tonight. She missed her rendezvous. She spent her lunch hour at a restaurant near her office instead." Darren and Rachael started laughing. All three laughed so hard they had tears in their eyes and could barely catch their breath. I looked at them and asked them what they did. I knew the restaurant and realized I had dodged a bullet by taking Karen elsewhere.

"Well, at noon I called Mom and asked her if she happened to do laundry Saturday like she usually does. She said she did some. I'm guessing just bed sheets, though." Darren and Rachael laughed harder. "Okay, good, I said. Rachael and I are going to the mall later and I wanted to wear the top I wore to school Friday. Mom said she did not do any of my laundry. I said that was fine, I'd stop by the house and start a load of my things and after we came back from the mall, I'd put them in the dryer. I needed to get some fresh clothes anyway. and I'd just pick out another top to wear today. She asked if I was at the house now. Mom was covering of course. She knew I wasn't because she was. She had pulled up about ten minutes before I called followed by the Audi. We watched them from down the street. I said Rachael and I were going over now. I was just waiting for Rachael to change her top. We both wanted to wear something nice. Oh here she is now. Is there anything you need me to drop in the wash while I'm there? I asked. Mom started stuttering and stammering and said no." Karen was beginning to laugh as well.

"We timed them to see how long it would be before they left. From where we were parked, we couldn't see if they had all their clothes on or not. Or if they were still trying to button up. I'm guessing they had just enough time to get naked before I called. Mom knows it takes less than five minutes to drive from Rachael's house to ours. I would have liked to have a camera to see them scramble." Sharon said.

I was laughing now. "How long did it take them to get out?" I asked.

"Three minutes, thirty seconds and the Audi shot out of the drive." Darren answered. "Mom was thirty seconds behind. I'm guessing it took her that long to get the garage door up and make sure it was on the way back down. We almost hoped she'd forget to lower the door so Sharon could call her and tell her the house was open and ask if she ought to call the police, and us at the lake. But it was down."

"I'd have loved to watch the show from across the street." I said. Karen agreed. "Maybe you can do something similar Friday or even tomorrow if they try again then. Just have to figure another ploy." Then I had a thought. "You know it is me she is cheating on. She is still your mother. You need to try to keep a relationship with her."

"No, Dad." Darren said his voice turning cold and serious. "She cheated on ALL of us. She made her decision. We talked about it. We might forgive her later, but for now we are PISSED. Messing with her is like us getting spanked when we were little. A punishment for doing something she had no business doing." Sharon nodded. I could tell from her expression she was not going to listen to me telling her to lighten up on her mother. Actually, I thought this was as funny as what Dave's son Eric did with the megaphone but much safer.

Darren looked at his sister. "You have a call to make."

Sharon grinned and pulled out her phone. " Oh yeah." I watched Sharon check to make sure Sheila was home before she called. She dialed. "Hey, Mom. Are you home? Cool. Will you go and check the dryer to make sure everything is dry? I did a load and then put it in the dryer. If it isn't dry add some time okay? Yeah, Karen took Rachael and I out for supper. I may stop by and get a couple of the tops I wanted earlier. We are just finishing up now and will be heading home. Well, not home. Rachael's home. I might stop by there, though." She hung up. "Mom wasn't breathing hard or anything, but she did not sound happy to get my call." Rachael and Darren were laughing. Karen shook her head. I was impressed.

"I hope you guys don't ever mess with me like that." I said.

"Daddy, until you and Darren showed up Saturday morning, I didn't know which one of you was screwing around." Sharon said seriously. I understood she would have messed with me just as hard and Darren would have been a willing accomplice if not an instigator.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow?" Darren asked as we neared Karen's house to get my truck. We had driven past our house. Lights were on but no Audi in the driveway.

"I go looking for an apartment." I said. "I plan to sell our house as soon as possible. I can't put it on the market yet, of course. And I'll need a place to live. We can't stay in a motel for long. You guys need to decide if you want to live with me or your mother. I'll put off selling until you graduate if you guys want to live there. I want to force your mother to find her own place. I don't want to pay for her housing and mine if I can help it. That will be something for the lawyers to work out."

"Don't go signing a long term lease." Karen advised. "Not until you know how all this shakes out. Try to get one of those places that you pay by the week or even the month. They are usually dumps and not real secure but you can put whatever you need to protect at my house. And Sharon can stay with us for however long she wants. So you don't need to worry about her." She had told me some of this earlier, but now she was stating it in front of the kids. I hoped she would not offer to have Darren and I stay at her house as well. She didn't but she glanced at me and winked to tell me that was on her mind. In my present frame of mind I liked the idea of taking her on but not only did I have my own ethics to consider, I had two teenagers. Three, counting Rachael who I had watched grow up. Karen had often told me she appreciated my involvement and being a father figure for her daughter.. I contemplated Karen. Damn I was seriously thinking about it. Five days without sex. I knew I'd be doing myself in the shower tonight.

I did find a place to live without too much trouble. It was a motel that housed construction workers. Recent hurricanes created a market for temporary housing for the influx of builders all across south Louisiana. I knew my brother Robert was capitalizing on the need for building repair or complete reconstruction where he lived. His time at the camp came at a cost. Dave was his foreman but he wanted to keep the man happy and knew he needed time off to decompress so he invited the man and his son to the lake for some down time. They had been friends for years. Robert told me all this while we were at the lake.

The room I found had a tiny kitchenette. A sink, refrigerator and a stove. A microwave hung below the cabinet. Three place settings and few pans completed the kitchen. Maybe Darren and I would fix breakfast but for the most part, we would eat at Karen's house. That was at her insistence. "Not a bad place." she said the next afternoon after I signed a month long lease. She came over to see where I was going to live. "You can eat here in the morning and at my house every night." I started to say something. "If you even begin to say something like not wanting to impose, I will nail you in the nuts like Sharon threatens Darren. I told you before. I am staking my claim. I want to keep you occupied until you are ready to make a decision."

I began to say something. "No pressure." she said, cutting me off. "Well maybe a little. Sheila threw you away. I just want a chance. I don't know if you realized but I have not dated much over the years. I always found myself comparing any guy I met to you. How you treated Sheila. I wanted that. I've wanted to be a part of your life. The only thing that kept me from coming onto you was I liked Sheila and I could never have done anything to screw up your marriage."

Oh fuck! I really did not intend to say what came out of my mouth. "Karen, I guess this is confession time. I would never have messed around on Sheila. I'm just not wired that way. I cannot break a vow, especially a marriage vow. BUT I have fantasized about you. I'll admit I have fantasized about other women too, like actresses I see in movies but nobody as often as I have with you. You were always the forbidden fruit. Somebody I could never have. Like I said yesterday the timing sucks."

"Nope." she said with a smile. "It just means we wait. We see where it goes. No sex. But I damn well intend to keep you close. I'll feed you every night. Sharon is staying with me anyway. And I want you to know that is NOT a ploy to get us together. I love the girl. The only thing I am hesitant about is letting Darren live under the same roof with us. Not right now. I am close to going there, there. He and Rachael are gonna have to work around all of us if they want to have sex." Karen giggled. "Tell me, do you jerk off thinking about me?" she asked quickly. I could not control the automatic blush. "Great!' she said before I could reply. "And when the time is right, I will make ALL those fantasies come true. Whatever they are. I gayruntee!" she added with her dazzling smile.

Karen left to go back to work, leaving me with a hard on. I barely kept from jerking off right then thinking about what she said. I went to a nearby bar to contemplate. At least in a bar I could not pull out my cock and masturbate. In all honesty, if there was another woman I would like to be married to, it would be Karen. I knew her history. She had got pregnant early, barely out of high school. Her husband started cheating on her soon after. When she found out, she filed for divorce. She was vocal about saying the only two things she got out of her marriage of any value was Rachael and an education to be a paralegal. Some four or five years after they divorced, the guy got killed in a traffic accident. Drugs and alcohol were involved. Rachael told us one time, she had no recollection of her father. I felt sorry for the girl at first and then she became family. She was Sharon's best friend so she had a place to stay anytime she wanted. We shared our home with the girl. That had of course included her mother. Surprisingly, Sheila never said a word about a beauty like Karen being almost an adjunct to our family. Did she trust me that much or was she playing a game?