Requiem's Law Ch. 01

Story Info
Omegaverse original fiction.
2.2k words
3.73
3.7k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bronze eyes slowly blinked open in the dimly lit room. As they began to focus, a low groan echoed. The young woman slowly sat up and winced, reaching for her head only to notice the cuff and chain attached to her wrist. Her cat-like eyes narrowed as she studied her shackles and the room she was in.

The cuff was standard steel that was welded to a solid iron chain. It was made of small but sturdy links. The whole thing was attached to an eye hook style lag bolt that was sunk into the concrete floor. The room itself was obviously on old, unused storeroom or basement in some old building. The young woman blinked, her tail twitching pensively and sighed, her ears flattening as she looked down at the floor.

"Shit... Dumbass..."

The muttered curses sounded strange in the empty room. At 5'6", the young woman was lean with a runner's build. She was only twenty-six, but here bronze eyes were already hard from a lifetime of hardships. Her hair reached just past her shoulder and was dark brown. It complimented the black fur and white markings of her ears and tail. Though it was usually pulled back into a ponytail, at that moment her hair was down and framed strong cheekbones and a slightly masculine jaw line. Her shoulders were a bit wider and her hands were slightly large for a woman, but that came in handy when she was on duty. It meant she could keep a suspect pinned down or keep a firmer grip on her department-issued pistol or taser. After all, you never knew what to expect as an implied 'Omega' Feral police officer who was still doing street patrol.

Of course, Jack would wonder what happened to her. Then again, how many times had Jack warned her not to walk home alone after their shift ended?

"Damn, Req, you really fucked up this time..."

Requiem "Shadow" McCleary snorted. Yeah, she definately fucked up. She was still in her uniform sans shoes and gear belt, was dusty, and had been sedated via a needle in the neck. Bastard had managed to sneak up behind her without her noticing due to exhaustion.

A door opened nearby, though it was out of sight. Rquiem quietly waited while the person slowly walked toward her. She took the opportunity to observe her captor as she sat there.

He was close to six foot with short blonde hair that had been cut high and tight. He wore dark jeans and a t-shirt with sneakers and had dark eyes that looked kind but remorseful as he patiently waited for her to finish her examination of him. She noticed the lack of ears and tail and knew he was a Norm, a human. Requiem arched a dark eyebrow and finally spoke, her alto voice echoing in the room. The strange man couldn't help but liken it to a smooth dark brew and a dark forest in summer.

"Care to explain why You would kidnap a New York City cop? Cause you're risking a long prison term by keeping me here. Or are you the type of dumbass who has more balls than brains?"

The man grimaced as he spoke.

"I'm sorry. I really wish this hadn't wound up the way it has, but you would have experienced an excruciatingly painful death if I hadn't moved when I did. You caught the attention of a dangerous person and I didn't want to see you hurt or killed as a result."

He sighed.

"I hope one day you'll understand when all of this is over, though I doubt it."

Requiem blinked, then frowned. The man's voice was deep, but she refrained from trying to identify the visuals it evoked as his words sank in. Her frown morphed into a scowl.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

The man shook his head.

"I can't fully explain right now. That being said, Do you want anything besides the good and water I brought you?"

Require gaped at him incredulously.

"Seriously?! You say I'm in danger then refuse to explain?!"

Bronze eyes narrowed in anger and something dangerous glinted behind that anger.

"Try again."

He shook his head before setting the plate and bottle on the floor.

"Please, eat something. You need to keep up your strength in case things change."

With that, the man turned and walked away. Requiem watched him leave in shock.

"What the fuck was that?!"

She blinked at the spot where he had stood and then examined the tray of food he had left behind. It was a simple fare really, and earned a raised eyebrow from Requiem.

"Really? Oatmeal, salt pork, water, juice and coffee. Oh, and thanks for the apple, asshole..."

The young woman rolled her eyes and then pulled the tray closer. As she ate, Requiem quietly studied her surroundings. The room was sparse, with only a chair and her pallet occupying the space. A couple of fluorescent shop lights, the larger ones, provided light to see by. Requiem sighed as she leaned back against the wall and sipped on the bottle of water. She had to find a way out of the room and find help. Bronze eyes examined the tray, but both the tray and the utensils were made of flimsy plastic while the cup was a disposable Styrofoam. Requiem scowled.

"Damn..."

She sat against the wall and closed her eyes. Maybe she would have an idea after a nap.

A few hours later, Requiem awoke to the sound of footsteps nearby. As she sat up, she caught a familiar scent and snarled as she quickly scrambled back.

The blonde haired man from before blinked and frowned in concern.

"Are you okay?"

As he reached out to her, she bared her fangs.

"You're an Alpha!"

He flinched back at the sound of the hissed words.

"Yes."

Requiem narrowed her eyes dangerously.

"Is that what all this is about?! Because I'm an Omega, you think you can force me to submit to you?!"

The man scowled.

"No. As I said, you're here-"

"Because someone dangerous wants to hurt me, yeah, I heard you before! Here's a fucking wake-up call, asshole! I may be an Omega, but I'm still dangerous. And I'm a cop to boot! So fuck off and let me go home, damn you!"

The blonde Alpha narrowed his eyes at her.

"You'll go home once I decide the danger has either passed or been sufficiently dealt with. So try not to be so mouthy! If you like, I can bring you some books or some music."

Requiem was quiet for a brief moment, then suddenly surged to her feet and lunged for the man. The chain snapped right and was the only reason her swiping claws missed hitting him. He growled low in warning, only to recieve a snarl in response. He shook his head and headed for the exit.

"I'm sorry."

He paused, then locked icy cold blue-green eyes on her.

"For the record, I find mouthy and rebellious Omegas like you to be a disgrace to the law. You have no class and therefore, you don't belong. No Alpha will ever want an Omega like you."

With that final parting shot, he left.

What. The. Fuck?!

Requiem was pissed. Who the hell was this arrogant bastard of an Alpha to tell her that she was a disgrace to law enforcement, let alone undesired?! What, because she refused to act like a respectably obedient Omega and sit behind a desk? Oh, hell no! Her eyes narrowed. Was this son-of-a-bitch in for a surprise when he came back...

Two days passed, and Requiem ignored the blonde Alpha each time he visited. She waited patiently, biding her time. Sure enough, she heard the door open and her ears swiveled to track his movements. Her tail twitched lightly, and as soon as he was close enough, she moved.

Requiem's arm snapped out with practiced ease and the tray flew at the Alpha's head. He dodged the projectile and lunged for her. She quickly found herself pinned under the man, but she sank the claws of her free hand into his shoulder with a low growl, making him grimace in pain.

Suddenly, he was gone. She blinked and flipped over to her front to search for him. He stood near the far wall, anger, pride, pain and understanding warring on his face.

"I'll admit, I expected that a lot sooner. You're far more patient than I was expecting you to be..."

Requiem narrowed her bronze eyes in suspicion, then spotted the used syringe in the Alpha's hand. Her ears flattened as her eyes widened in panic.

"Wha-"

She felt the drugs rapidly taking effect and slowly slid to her front on the floor. The last thing she heard before the darkness claimed her was the Alpha's words.

"I'm sorry. You didn't leave me much choice. You fought, and I can't risk you injuring yourself."

He sounded almost... sorrowful.

When Requiem woke up, she had a pounding headache and a mouth full of cotton. She groaned, her ears flattening in response and her tail thrashing.

"Fuck, my head..."

This was the second. Time that sonofabitch had drugged. She didn't plan on a third. Requiem sighed. Seemed she would have to wait the bastard out then. She heard the tell-tale sound of his arrival and grimaced. Lovely...

She gave him a baleful glare as he sat in the chair and really examined her for the first time. For a bitchy and reckless Omega, she wasn't bad to look at in his opinion. True, her fur color wasn't the traditional reddish-orange or brown and gold one would expect of a fox-hybrid, but it added an air of mystery, defiance and danger that surrounded her. That being said, he was curious about the color...

"Why black with white?"

Requiem's eyes narrowed.

"What?"

The Alpha cocked his head at her.

"Why black fur and whit markings? Why hide who you are? Foxes are respected..."

She glared as she snarled indignantly.

"Fuck you! It's natural! You and all those other self-righteous jackass species purists can go piss up a rope!"

He blinked in surprise at the flash of rage he had witnessed. So it was natural. Interesting.

"Genetically caused Or enviromental?"

Requiem snorted.

"Its a mellatin issue dumbass! Means it's genetic."

The blonde hummed in interest.

"Is that why you're so prickly? Because you're judged by the rarity of your fur and your dynamic makes you a target?"

Requiem looked away and flipped him the bird.

"Otvali, svoloch'!"

He blinked.

"I'll assume that wasn't very polite."

She ignored him. The blonde man sighed, then stood and placed a book within reach of her before leaving. As soon as she heard the door close, Requiem looked over at the book. She laughed.

"Sukin syn! Of all the fucking..."

The next time he showed up, he was limping and she had read the book twice. She was asleep when he came in, so he took the opportunity to look his fill.

She was well built for an Omega, not small and delicate like most of the ones he dealt with.. Her ears looked soft, as did her tail. She was clearly intelligent, if beligerent, distrusting and foul-mouthed. She also apparently spoke another language. He hung his head and sighed. Judging from her behavior, she's been through hell already in her life and had clearly survived. He regretted what was currently happening. He looked at her again, only to meet curious bronze eyes.

"Something bothering you, like that leg?"

He blinked again. She just raised a brow. He chuckled.

"Just an accident, was all."

She snorted.

"Try not to fuckin' die, 'kay? I'd be stuck in this fucking basement, chained to the damn floor for good then."

The Alpha couldn't help it. He actually started laughing and Requiem grinned.

"So... You need help with those bandages?"

He smiled.

"No, just dropping off food and a couple more books."

Requiem shrugged.

"Okay, thanks."

She rolled back over and ignored him after that. He sighed sadly. He kind of wished she would talk with him soma more, but he understood her frustration. He just wished she would see his reasoning. But she was just so stubborn! The Alpha quietly led the items and limped out.

Requiem watched him disappear, then muttered.

"Kto ty?"

She read the books and ate, then quietly muttered various things in Russian to practice.

The blonde Alpha returned that evening with more food, but she hadn't noticed him yet, so he watched and listened to her as he waited.

"Bog-chert, Tenevaya Lisa! Kamennyy Volk seycha nadral by tebe zadnitsu za to, chto prosto sidel zdes' i igral khorosho!"

The Alpha blinked. He had no clue what she had said, but he figured it wasn't pretty. He stepped into her view and cleared his throat.

"So. How are you?"

Requiem just glared.

"I would be better if you would just let me go!"

The blonde smiled gently.

"About that..."

Requiem blinked, her ears perking up.

The Alpha sighed.

"The threat escaped, but left the area. I'll let you go tomorrow. I promise."

Requiem grinned.

"Finally!"

She dug into her meal. He watched her eat, and when she'd finished, he collected the tray. As he turned away, he paused and looked at her apologetically.

"Please forgive me. If there was a safer way..."

Requiem frowned at the retreating Alpha's back, and her vision began to grow fuzzy. She snarled at him.

"Why-"

She blacked out. Again.

When Requiem next awoke, she was in a hospital room. Sitting beside her bed was her partner, Sargeant Jack Stonewolf, fast asleep as he held her hand. She glared up at the ceiling.

"Dumbass!"