Rescue Me Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Epilogue

After Phoebe made it home to her apartment in San Francisco, the first thing she did was plug in her cell phone and take a long, hot shower. When she got out, wrapped in a big, fluffy towel, there were several messages on her phone.

One was from Cody, his voice warm and intimate. He just wanted to make sure she got home alright.

Just hearing his voice made her feel warm inside.

Another was from Brad. He went on and on about how well his presentation went at the conference and how it wasn't the same without her there. He said he forgave her for losing her temper and wondered if it was her "time of the month". Finally, he wanted to set up a time when they could hook up.

She didn't return his call.

In the weeks that followed, scarcely a day went by when Phoebe and Cody didn't talk on the phone. They would have long conversations, late into the night, talking about what was going on in their lives. Lying in the dark, with their phones at their ears, it felt a lot like the conversations they had by the campfire, under the stars, or snuggling in the down sleeping bag.

As often as they could, they would take turns staying at each other's places, meeting their friends, and getting a taste of their lives.

During this time, Cody worked hard on his house at Fallen Leaf Lake. He finished framing in May and had the plumbing and electrical done by June. In July, he did the flooring and trim, and included Phoebe in much of the decision-making. She helped him pick out the hardwood floors, the counter surfaces, cabinets, and appliances. She even suggested adding a skylight to the upstairs bedroom.

In August, Phoebe landed a nursing job at Barton Memorial Hospital in South Lake Tahoe. And on Aug 27th, she competed in the Lake Tahoe Triathlon, finishing ninth. She was thrilled with the result.

Three days later, she and Cody threw a housewarming party for all their friends and family to celebrate the completion of the house and Phoebe's first triathlon. But when Cody and Phoebe stood on the landing to thank everyone for coming, they revealed the real reason for the gathering: it was a wedding celebration.

They'd visited a wedding chapel at Stateline the day before to tie the knot. They didn't want any gifts so they kept it a secret.

Today, Phoebe and Cody are still living in their dream house in the woods near Fallen Leaf Lake. Cody is working for the Forest Service and Phoebe is the supervising nurse at Barton Hospital's new Cardiac Rehab Center.

They spend their free time exploring the wilderness, listening to music, entertaining their friends, and making passionate love in their upstairs bedroom with an amazing view of the Milky Way.

# # #