Results and Consequences

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sorry about that... but the smoking has nothing to do with it, though... what happened, Paula?"

"I remember toasting with other students the end of the winter trimester... and the bar we had chosen was not rowdy at all. Next thing I know, I hurt all over, my head explodes and some doctor I already don't remember the name tells me I have gamma-something in my urine..."

"Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid, Paula... that's GHB, a date-rape drug."

"Well, well, well! Are you a lawyer or a chemist, Gerry?" It felt good to jest with him once more, but not enough to overpower her headache. She winced.

"My first internship was with the DA's office. I researched for three rape cases during that time. Would you believe I even practiced pronouncing the name in case I went to Court? So... I suppose whoever did this undressed you and... huh..."

"Got a nasty surprise? Yeaa, that's one assumption the police is working on. The other being a deliberate act: hate, revenge or something like that. Not that they'll get very far."

"Why would you think that? Lord knows I'm not a specialist on the matter, but I thought I was interviewed rather thoroughly."

"Right! Tell me, how did that go?"

"Well... they informed me I was not a suspect, but since my business card was in your pocket book... and since I kept asking how you were and not what happened to you... I guess I unwittingly raised a couple of red flags. But the campus cameras confirmed my presence at grading your final exams, plus my hands were without any bruising, so I was cleared to go, and worried as hell. Then I dashed to see you."

She lit up another one. Gerald had never seen her smoke that much before. "Look, Gerry... just in case I'm asked, how much did you disclose about... us?"

"All of it, Paula... that I once retained Dana's services, that you were a student at my winter lecture, and very militant about LGBT issues, that I pine for you and would not harm a hair on your body." He sighed in relief.

"Why on Earth would you say all that? That could get you..."

"Nothing I don't deserve for what I've done. Plus, since most of what we did was on record, the police might have found out, on its own. It already knew about Dana Deep's website. And, according to your literary recommendation, once you lie to the police, they have you... that written advice stayed with me the entire time, so..."

"What advice are you talking about, Gerry? My head must be more damaged than I thought!"

"Mickey Haller! Ever since our first date I've been reading Michael Connelly. The Lincoln Lawyer stories first, then the Jack MacEvoy ones... I might start up on Harry Bosch soon."

She remembered. "Ha! Funny!"

"In any case, congratulations on your A in ethics."

"Thank you, Mr. Anderson... and thank you for being here, Gerry, it feels great to be with you again." They both noticed a lights-out on several floor of the hospital. "Guess I should head back to bed..."

"Sure... say, I know I'm nosy, but I noticed someone with you before the nurse came in, was that your sister?"

"Cathryn, yes... deaaar Cathryn..."

"Woow! Someone else than me has sister issues?!?"

When they were in the elevator, alone, she told quickly the tale of how Cathryn, during one of her run-of-the-mill teenager arguments, had blurted out the source of Paula's "scholarship" and thus disgraced her to her parents, who had supported her so far, especially during her transition.

"I'm sorry Paula..."

"Hey, no biggie... results and consequences, right? Just like now?"

By then, they were back in her room and her roommates were resting. Gerald knew his time was short so he had to whisper and hurry, all the while helping her change and get into bed. "Don't do this."

"What, Gerry?"

"Play the deserving victim. Remember the Heinlein quote: the universe is how it is and not how we think it should be. Sometimes, life just happens and that's what occurred yesterday: no expected results... only consequences that are up to you. Sleep on that please, I have to go... see you tomorrow?"

"Don't you have Court or something tomorrow?" The nurse was now peeking in the room and ready to throw Gerald out.

He kissed her quickly, on the lips, before going. "One nice thing about estate management cases is that continuances don't really hurt anyone... good night!"

---

Paula Winters was indeed released from Mercy Hospital the next morning. And she became the very reluctant recipient of Gerald's care, who took her home and dropped by, every evening, to check up on her and cook a warm meal. By the end of the third day, she found the strength in her to end this domestic charade.

"Gerry, I can't thank you enough for all that you did. Really. And I feel better now. You know, I start an internship tomorrow and, thanks in large part to your care, I won't start late or bent out of shape. But I really ought to take back control over my daily routine, now, you know?"

Gerald, in fact, heard a howl from the deepest core of his soul and wanted to sob on the spot. But he put up a brave front. "Very well, milady... I won't impose. It was a pleasure to help you. Now... I know it's none of my business, but is it only Paula who will be working... or also Dana?" That blunt question shook the diplomacy right out of her.

"It IS none of your business, Gerry... unless you're looking for a date, of course." That blunt answer leeched almost all benevolence out of Gerald, but he chose to hold on to his last spark.

"As a matter of fact, I am!!! Sleep tight and good luck with the internship tomorrow... I'll call Dana later to discuss details, OK?" He promptly left and kissed her cheek while closing the door behind him. Paula took a deep breath and sighed in worry.

(Gerry, Gerry, Gerry... what are you doing?)

---

It was a warm and beautiful May evening and Gerald, while waiting for Dana, enjoyed gazing at the sunset over the Buffalo River. He was also fidgeting about his upcoming date and, once again, trying to sidestep his guilty conscience.

He saw her ruby-red car, a very tidy and recent GM Cruze, approaching the grounds of the Buffalo Scholastic Rowing Club and she playfully honked while parking. It seemed that Dana had a wardrobe set in store for absolutely every occasion: clad in her Nautica sweater, knee-high blue cotton shorts and immaculate leather dock shoes, she looked better dressed for the outing than Gerald was. And, as usual, she took his breath away.

"You keep surprising me, Gerry..." she kissed him on the cheek "... this is NOT what I expected for a sunset outdoor date!"

"Thank you, Dana, because I will take that as a compliment. I must say that you look amazing this evening, as always."

"Thank youuuu! And YOU look positively scrumptious! Do you need any help with that?"

"Wait a second..." he then proceeded with the envelope-and-receipt ritual. With that out of the way, he carried on as if nothing happened. "THAT is called a shell and your help is appreciated, thank you. Just grab it here... and away we go!"

"Wow! This is light! Are you sure we won't go through?" That made him laugh.

"Positive... if we wanted, we could try for the Olympics on that shell. It's made of carbon fiber reinforced polymer." She noticed he was carrying only one set of oars.

"Don't I get one of these also?"

"Normally, you should, as this is a double scull, but tonight I thought I would just row you around... it's the closest I can manage to a gondola ride." He was laughing shyly.

"My my! Aren't we romantic this evening! And this place is really nice."

"We are actually planning for a new boat house but, yes, we are rather proud of the place."

As they made their way towards the dock, they crossed path with a young man, obviously closing down the installation. "Good evening Mr. Anderson! You're out late this evening!"

"Good evening, Dave. Yes, tonight, it's a late initiation row. I'll close up shop when we're done."

"OK then! Good evening Mr. Anderson, and good evening to you too Miss! I hope you two enjoy yourselves and that Mr. Lowenberg will not be too jealous!"

"Thanks, Dave... and I'm pretty sure he will be."

"HA!!!"

Dana had a flash of recognition while they were seating themselves in the scull. "Wait... Mr. Lowenberg? Isn't that the name you mentioned for another ethics teacher?"

"Good memory! Yes, Ari and I are both founding members and we met here. We normally row together on this double scull and we frequently crew together in coxed eight events. We've been friends for years and, as you probably have guessed by now, he's the one who arranged for my first tryout at your ethics course."

"Wow... I guess it's a small world after all..."

"Actually, my dad would have disagreed with you on this... but he always maintained, especially when I was wondering what to do with myself in my teen years, that you have to just get out there, no matter what... you always meet people and things happen... he always defended the notion of serendipity. I guess my life trajectory would prove him right... of course, these days, people connect differently, so I suppose his paradigm is getting outdated."

By now, they were set and ready to leave on the river. "Now, Dana, you can probably feel just how close to the water is our center of gravity; the rule here is no sudden movements unless you wish for a swim."

"So what do I do, Gerry? You're behind me..."

"Enjoy the water, enjoy the view... I always do; and rowing is a quiet sport, so if you want to chit chat or sing, that's also going to be great." And Gerald started gentle strokes to get warmed up, and then reached his routine rowing stroke.

There was not a wisp of wind and the water was calm as oil.

Dana was pleasantly surprised. For one thing, they were making good speed; but her main astonishment was the view at dusk. She was neither born nor raised in Buffalo and never cared for this part of town, whose history and outlook were marked by the Buffalo shipping canal; but, from here, these old buildings and factories had a quaint nobility to them. Soon they were cruising under Ohio Street, as Gerald was rowing upstream, and she realized, from her new vantage point, the splendor of the Buffalo emerging nightline.

Just about then, Dana heard a tune being hummed behind her. "Ro-wing, ro-wing, ro-wing down the river..."

"Oh no you don't, Gerry! You DO NOT get to desecrate CCR! I got this covered..." and while he rowed, she sang Proud Mary, from start to finish, an ode to her childhood memories of evenings in the family house when her mom would play CCR CDs while her dad watched the TV news. That just warmed her heart so much.

"Wow! Thank you very much, Dana; that was lovely." Gerald was starting to turn around and row downstream.

"You're welcome, Gerry... and so is this, by the way... you really like rowing that much, don't you?"

"Even more than that, Dana... rowing is now part of my very being. Dad always dreamed to be a boater and move upstate where the good lakes are... but that was never really in the cards. Still, we shared plenty of fishing and waterfront camping. So when I discovered rowing at college, it was such an amazing escape from the academic tensions and such a bridge to my youth! As a plus, it's also great exercise..."

"You don't have to tell me... I'm so tempted to turn around and just watch you hunk around on those oars... just the thought of it makes me wet!" She had reverted to her sultry voice. The one from their first date and their office frolicking.

Gerald was flustered. "With encouragement like that, young lady, I just might row right down to Niagara Falls!" Indeed, Dana heard an increased tempo in his rowing.

"Ha ha ha, very funny, mister... but, huh... seriously now, Gerry... there's no chance of us..."

"HAAA!!! No, silly! I was just kidding! It's a good 20 miles to the falls and there is a reason why marathons are run, not rowed!"

"Good..."

"Still, I must admit that it would make for a nice sight, the both of us on top of the nighttime falls, don't you agree?"

Dana was suddenly talking in a shy, embarrassed voice. "I wouldn't know, Gerry..."

"You've never seen the falls at night? Or the fireworks?"

By now, she was sounding sullen. "Gerry, my nighttime knowledge of Niagara Falls pretty much amounts to honeymoon suites."

"Oh..." Dana noticed the rowing had halted. She turned around cautiously and noticed Gerald checking his watch and miming calculations at the tip of his lips. She then heard "... change of plans..." and gasped at the intensity of his renewed rowing, obviously his top competition cadence. She intuitively understood that he was now fully focused on his stroke and waited for later to ask about the new plans.

They were stowing the scull and oars when she gave it a shot. "Gerry, what are our new plans?"

"Niagara Falls, of course! It's a lovely evening and about a half-hour road trip. We should make it by ten for the fireworks."

Dana stayed silent. That trip meant he was forfeiting any decent amount of time for a sexcapade and he obviously knew it. And yet, there was such hope and thrill in his voice, as if this new plan was such a better prospect. She felt a twinge in her head, not so much a relapse of her symptoms, but a reminder that, all along their boat ride, she had remained pain-free. The twinge moved down to her heart.

(What IS IT with me and this guy?)

They drove together in his Ford Fiesta. "Nice car, Gerry."

"Thank you... now, please tell me about your first days at that internship of yours."

She did, for a good part of the road trip. She was working for a small ad agency and, despite her early misgivings, she admitted enjoying the artistic freedom entrusted in her, as she quickly realized she was pretty much the whole of their Internet products department.

"That's super Dana... you're gonna make yourself invaluable and they will just HAVE to offer you a permanent position!"

"You really think so, Gerry?"

"I KNOW so... that's serendipity for you..."

"Hmmm... then maybe you should include that in your syllabus for next year." After a short silence, she offered her rendition of Have you Ever Seen the Rain and, by the time she was done, Gerry was navigating within the city of Niagara Falls and making good time.

"Dana, you have a magical singing voice... thank you very much for sharing it with me." He held her hand and she blushed, but the moment was short-lived as Gerry was now parking near the Niagara Falls observation deck.

They walked briskly and quietly, hand-in-hand and with minutes to spare, to get as close as possible to the American falls. Talking would have been almost useless anyway, such was the white noise of the falls' rumble.

Gerald stopped near the end of the Prospect Point walking path, hugged Dana from behind and remained motionless, so she was free to admire... no, to be captivated... by the majesty of the falls, right in front of them and brightly colored by the neon lighting; she could also gaze at the horseshoe falls further down to her right, on the Canadian side of the river. She felt the tingle of the falls' mist add to the one in her soul. Every moment with him was special, but this one was pure Heaven. The brief fireworks show was just icing on the cake. She knew those precious minutes would be branded in her heart and mind forever.

When the fireworks show was over, nothing needed to be said. As other sightseers were calling it a night, she turned towards him and Gerald was stunned to see tears inkling down her beautiful face. He did not have time to wipe her eyes as she gently palmed both his cheeks and kissed him. Their lips were moist and the kiss remained tender, bare, and honest; it was another kiss of true love. Her hands were now caressing his shoulders, his strong arms and his soft hair. And then Gerald hugged her even closer, bringing in contact both of the compact bulges in their loins.

Dana opened her eyes in shock; that was no accident. "Stay close to me..." she whispered and then she anchored herself on his shoulders and she started to sway her hips, rubbing their hardness together. She felt the rush of arousal within her and heard him moan in bliss. At that point, it felt like an explosion of passion. Gerald kissed her furiously, his tongue trying to merge with hers, and he cupped he firm buttocks; after a few strong caresses, almost a mauling, he strengthened his grip and lifted her, to perfectly align their crotches.

Startled, Dana clasped her legs around him and now she humped him furiously, each rub punctuated by a deep breath and a grunt they both could feel inside their kiss. Within mere moments, Gerald got a feel for her rhythm and contributed to her humping in complete harmony. He was ecstatic about this: they were both going to cum on top of the Niagara Falls.

"Hmmmm... Dana baby, this is amazing, hmmmm.... Cum with me honeyyyy... hmmm... I love you..."

(NOOOO! Gerry, you CAN'T love Dana!)

"Yea baby... ooooh... you feel great... mmmh... cumming soon... with you!"

Gerald was strong and Dana was relatively lightweight so they kept at it, just like that: Dana clinging to him for dear life, both of them kissing with abandon and humping to climax. They were oblivious to the world around them but, luckily for them, they had the falls all to themselves by then.

With each frot, Gerald felt a pulse build in his balls and every nerve in him screamed to go faster. Dana was not better off, feeling the constant caress of his large bulge and every time having the mental image of her ass being actually impaled on that marvelous cock of his. And she wanted to cum NOW.

It got to a point they could not kiss anymore and could only manage to mumble words of encouragement between moans of pleasure. They kept on humping under a soft chorus of "gooood" "cummm" "greaaat" "soooon" and "amaaazing". Then, at the culmination of this coupling, Gerald froze still, crushing her ass on him and winced almost as if he was in pain. Dana felt the pulses of his spurts on her own shaft and balls and that knocked off her bearings. She barely muffled a huge "Ohmygooood!" on his sweater and felt her own eruption just as he was loosening the pressure on her body.

They were panting, with sweat mingling with the mist, and looking at each other in a loving gaze of wonder. They silently agreed it was time to let go and Dana was wobbly on her legs, still clinging to Gerald.

"Gerry... that... that... was fucking... awesome!"

"You took... the words... right out of my shorts!"

"Dumbass... and I mean that literally!"

"Hi hi! We should go back at the observation tower to clean up a bit..."

"Can't we stay a little longer here, please? I want to see the falls some more..." Gerald silently agreed and stayed put as long as she wanted. She was admiring the falls, he was ogling her.

Right after they got out of the restrooms and Dana smoked a cigarette, Gerald reached the top of his imaginary roller coaster and dived again, while walking to his car. "You know, Dana, if you're free tomorrow, we could stay here and spend our Saturday together at the Aquarium and other places in Niagara. I know the city pretty well... it was our fun destination, dad and I."

(Damn you to Hell, Gerry! Must I always hurt you?)

"Actually, Gerry, I have plans tomorrow... I'm extremely sorry. You have no idea how much your offer means to me."

(like... THAT was so lame!!!)

"Of course, Dana, I understand... say no more and let me drive you back to your car. Actually, you know what? Do you think I could have a piece of that bubble gum of yours? I think you got me hooked on those things... my pack is already empty."

"Funny, I never ever see you chew..."

"I guess the aroma reminds me of you when you're not around..."

(That's it, you bastard! Keep on salting the wound! I deserve it.)

1...34567...10