Retirement Surprise

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Abby let herself relax onto Tom's chest. She began giving him numerous gentle kisses. "Oh, Tom," she said. "I've missed you so much. I've never felt this way about another man." She looked at him with a frightened look on her face then she continued, "Tom I love you so much. I was so devastated when you didn't want to come here for Christmas and..."

They both jumped when they heard a knock on the door. Apparently Abby hadn't closed it tightly when she came into the room the night before because it opened under the knock. As the door was opening Shirley said, "Tom it's almost 9 a.m. and I have coffee and a light breakfast if you want any. I'll just go down and wake Abby too and we can...Oh, no! Not again. ABBY..."

Abby was sitting up on Tom, his cock still inside her as she stared at the door in shock. She was blushing once more when Tom started laughing. He laughed so hard he almost threw her off. His laughter was too much for Abby and she looked down at him. She hit him on the chest with her fist a couple of times and jumped off the bed, running for the door. As she left the room she cried out, "It's not funny you asshole."

Shirley watched as Abby opened her closed bedroom door and ran into the room. The whole house shuddered as the door slammed behind her. Tom was still laughing as he watched Shirley. He tried to form an apology and an explanation but Shirley gave Tom a small smile, shook her head and left closing the door behind her.

Tom dressed rapidly and started to leave the room. He saw Abby's robe lying on the floor and picked it up. He decided to return it to her. When he got to her bedroom he saw her and her mother sitting on the bed talking. Abby still had tears streaming down her cheeks. He started to say something when he heard Abby say to her mother, "I don't care mother. I'm almost 35 years old and Tom is the only man I have found since my divorce that I feel anything for. I don't know how he feels about me. I think he likes me but I just don't know. All I know is I want to be with him and if I have to sneak into his room and molest him to be with him then that's what I'll do."

Abby licked her lips then continued, "I, I told him this morning that I love him. I don't know what he was going to say because that was just before you opened the door on us again. Shirley looked up and saw Tom standing in the door holding the robe. Her eyes got wide and she started to say something. Tom held his hand up and made a shhh sign. He held the robe up with his other hand and placed the collar on the doorknob then turned to go downstairs.

As Tom walked away he was shocked. He was thinking about what Abby had said in the bed with him and what he had overheard her say to her mother. He wondered what he felt about her and her family. He knew he really liked her parents and he always looked forward to Abby's and his phone conversations but was there anything there besides friendship-maybe friendship with benefits? She was a little over ten years younger than he was too. Did that make a difference?

Tom walked into the kitchen and poured a cup of coffee. He took it into the Family room where Howard was enjoying his coffee and reading a magazine. Howard looked up at him then frowned. "Why the long face this morning Tom," he asked.

Tom looked over at Howard and said, "Well, Howard I'm trying to understand some things Abby said last night and this morning. I..." Tom sighed and looked Howard in the face. He continued, "I'm afraid I've abused your hospitality again and I don't know what to think about Abby. Howard she came to me in my room again last night and I wasn't man enough to send her away. I have some feelings for her, I like her company and I just couldn't hurt her feelings by sending her away. I'm afraid Shirley caught us again this morning...She and Abby are upstairs talking right now. I, I think I need to leave before I cause you any more trouble."

Howard sat and looked at Tom while he was talking. When Tom stopped Howard leaned back in his chair and said, "Tom I can't say I like Abby and you sleeping together. You are both adults and supposedly know what you want. I just don't want to see her hurt again. I don't know how much you know about her husband but he turned out to be a real bastard. He beat her several times when he got angry with her. She has always had trouble with men since then. She has never dated much since the divorce and rarely sees the same man more than a time or two. I am afraid her little problem the last time you were here has caused her to almost give up on men."

"Tom Abby has not had a date since you left. She goes to work, comes home and talks about you. I'm not surprised she came to you last night. Tom I think she loves you. I don't know how you feel about her but all I ask is if you don't have the same feelings about her that you be gentle and don't hurt my little girl. Shirley and I like what we have learned about you and if you make our girl happy then I can put up with you being together like last night."

"Tom I know you are an honorable man, a good man. I need to apologize to you before I continue but I think as a businessman you will understand what I have done. Tom after you left I hired a PI to check on you. Some of your story was just so unbelievable...I'm really sorry I invaded your privacy like that and I give you my word no one will ever hear what I learned from me. I have destroyed the report now that I have read it and anything you want anyone to know about your past you will have to tell him or her. I just wanted to be sure you weren't a sleaze ball out to hurt my girl." Howard stood and walked toward Tom with his hand outstretched to shake. He continued, "Once again, I am sorry and hope you will forgive me?"

Tom felt his anger surging when Howard told him about having him investigated. He was about to make an angry comment when he had a thought. The way he had met Abby was strange and it was obvious her family had money. Wouldn't he have been worried if something similar had happened to his daughter? His face was tight and he felt the anger simmering but he smiled, stood and shook Howard's hand. "I think I understand Howard. I can't say I am pleased at what you did but I think I understand. In fact, I am sure you know I am somewhat angry with you. I'll trust you to keep your word and I will leave if you want."

Howard smiled a tight smile and returned to his seat. He continued, "I think you are good for Abby and hope you don't let my actions sour your relationship with her. Like I said before though, all I ask is that if you decide she is not the woman for you that you don't hurt her unnecessarily."

"Oh, by the way, in the report I read that Crystal's Catering had reopened in your old home town and then had been shut down by the Prosecuting Attorney. Several Ladies ended up being prosecuted for various improprieties. Apparently he received an anonymous tip in the mail shortly after you began your sojourn across the country. I must say Tom that you appear to be a bad man to cross..."

Tom looked at Howard and said, "Thanks Howard-for everything. I like Abby a lot but I just don't know about more. After my marriage blew up I am having a lot of trouble even thinking about another woman in my life. I sometimes still get so angry at Julia and I, well, when I am talking to another woman I start wondering if she is like Julia and a cheating slut at heart."

Howard sat back in his chair and his eyes got a cold glare in them. He was staring at Tom and started to speak. Tom held his hand up to stop him and continued with his conversation. "Howard I know most women aren't like that. I can name any number of women that are fine, honorable, monogamous wives or that would be if they were married. I'm a one-woman man and I want a one-man woman. In my heart I think Abigail would be one of those but I still have this fear..."

The two men heard the women coming toward the room from the kitchen and by silent agreement they stopped their conversation. When Shirley and Abby entered the room they stood just inside the door and looked at their men. They could see and feel the tension in the air. Abby didn't say anything to either of them. She just walked toward Tom where he sat on the couch. When she got to him she looked down at him, gave him a small smile and plopped down on his lap. She leaned to him and gave him a small, quick kiss on the lips then laid her cheek against his shoulder.

Abby looked up at Tom's face and whispered, "Tom I know you heard some of what I said to mother and I heard some of what you said to Daddy. I don't know where we're going but I would really, really like to see if we are going to the same place and can be together. I won't pressure you or anything. I'll take what I can get, whatever you feel you can give me but please Tom can we at least see?"

Tom smiled down at Abby and bent to give her a gentle kiss. "Abby I don't know where I will go from here. I know I want to find another wife, hopefully this time I will find what I thought I had the first time and she will be the woman I will grow old with and be with until one of us dies. I feel pulled to you and I cherish our phone calls and the time we spend together but I just...I don't know if I am ready for more yet."

Abby smiled and stretched up to give Tom another gentle kiss and said, "I'll take what I can get right now but I'm not done with you yet mister."

Tom looked up to see Shirley standing beside Howard with her hand on his shoulder. They were smiling down at each other and it was obvious to see they were in love and happy with the morning. Shirley smiled and said, "OK now, it's Christmas. Lets see what kind of presents are under the tree before Abby and I have to start Christmas dinner."

As Shirley and Abby walked to the tree and began dragging presents out Tom stood. They looked at him and Abby said, "No Tom. Don't leave!"

Tom smiled and said, "I'm not going anywhere. I just need to use the facilities and bring the rest of my things in from the truck. I'll be right back."

By the time Tom returned to the Family Room there were three large piles of presents, one beside where Abby's parents each sat and one on the end of the couch beside where Abby had been sitting previously. Tom was carrying his last bag and he sat it on the floor beside the couch where he sat. Abby waited for him to seat himself and snuggled up beside him once more. Everyone but Tom picked up a present. They took turns opening them. The next to last present in the pile on the couch Abby handed to Tom and insisted he open it. It was a professionally done picture of Abby dressed in a beautiful deep red cocktail dress. The frame was engraved "To my Hero with all my love and admiration, Abby".

Tom felt himself choke up slightly when he read the inscription and looked at Abby. He smiled and said, "Thank you Sweetheart." He felt his heart warm when he saw the adoring look Abby got on her face when he said that.

After all the presents had been opened Tom reached for his bag and took three more from it. He stood and handed one to Abby, then one each to Howard and Shirley. Before he could get back to his seat Abby had torn her present open and squealed when she saw the gold necklace he had purchased for her. She immediately placed it around her neck then grabbed Tom and gave him a deep kiss with lots of tongue. He felt his cock stirring and pushed her back saying, "Whoa girl. You're going to start things we can't finish here."

Abby looked at him with a mischievous little smile and licked her lips. She did relent though and sat back to watch her parents open their presents. He father received a gold Cross pen and pencil set and her mother received a small music box to go in the collection Tom had seen on his first visit.

After another cup of coffee each Abby and Shirley returned to the kitchen and continued working on the Christmas meal. About noon guests began arriving and Tom was introduced to Abby's two brothers, their wives and children. The rest of the day revolved around the children, the meal and getting to know the rest of Abby's close family. Tom was a little embarrassed when Abby spoke up when the adults were discussing sleeping arrangements. She said, "Tom you can sleep with me in my room and we will have enough bedrooms for everyone then. The kids usually sleep on the floor in the living room so things will work out just fine that way."

Tom looked up at the rest of the family like a deer caught in a cars headlights. Abby's two brother's wives looked shocked then surprised when Shirley started to laugh and Howard let out a large guffaw. Of course they had to explain to the rest of the family why everyone in the know thought that was funny. Janine, Abby's oldest brother's wife said, "Oh my gosh. You got caught twice in his room? Girl if you didn't have bad luck I'm starting to think you wouldn't have any luck at all."

Abby walked up to Tom and stood behind him. She bent forward and wrapped her arms around him and kissed him on the ear. She stood and said, "Well, I happen to think I'm a very lucky girl to have found him. I changed the sheets in the room he was using so it's ready for whoever wants it. I'm tired and we're going to bed now. Please don't anyone bother us tomorrow morning ok?"

Tom and Abby left the room to loud laughter. She took his hand and led him to the stairs. From time to time she would look back at him and smile.

Tom stayed in Maine through the New Year then decided it was time to return to Florida. He left early on Jan 3. Abby and her parents followed him to his truck to wish him a safe trip. Howard shook his hand and said, "Tom come back any time and remember what we talked about son."

Shirley gave Tom a gentle kiss on the cheek and said, "Stay in touch Tom and keep us in your heart."

Thankfully her parents then returned to the warmth of the house. Abby stood hugging Tom and silently crying. Finally he pushed her back and tilted her head up. He stared into her eyes for several moments then bent his head so he could give her a kiss. After a long, sensual kiss he pulled away and looked at her face. "Abby I've really enjoyed this time with you and your family. I need to get back to my trailer for a while but I want you to know it's tearing me up to go. I just need to get away for a while. Abby...Abby I think I'm falling in love with you and..."

Tom bent to Abby once more and gave her a deep kiss then pushed away. He opened the door to his truck, started it and backed from the driveway. Abby stood watching him drive down the street, tears running down her cheeks. When Tom turned the corner two blocks away he could still see her standing watching him drive off.

Tom stayed in Florida until the end of March but he changed trailer parks four times. He followed the spring north and in early April he was back in Georgia. The rest of the spring he moved from camp to camp fishing and relaxing until in mid May he found himself in eastern Tennessee in the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville area. He found a beautiful campground along the Little Pigeon River and parked for several days while he toured the area and visited interesting spots in the Smokey Mountains. He fell in love with the area but something was missing.

One beautiful morning Tom hooked up the trailer and turned back east and a little south. He had no destination in mind but he knew he wasn't enjoying the Smokey Mountains any longer so he traveled again. For the next several days he moved until he was driving along a beautiful river in northern Georgia and saw a campground that looked inviting. He pulled in and they had room for him so he stayed.

There was a nice small lodge and restaurant, a great swimming pool and small "lazy river" for children as well as 30 campsites. Tom was lucky enough to get a nice pad near the lodge and right alongside the river. He could fish, swim, hike, canoe or just sit around as the mood struck him. He began to relax once again. There seemed to be a large number of younger people utilizing this camp but they were, for the most part, polite and law abiding. There were some older RV'ers though and once again Tom found himself making friends and enjoying the conversations.

Still Tom found he was missing something. Finally, one evening when he was visiting with some of the older married campers he realized what was wrong. He was watching the couples and feeling left out. He...MY GOD, he was missing Abigail and wanting her to be with him. He now realized he had been seeing things off and on or thinking about something he would want to tell Abby. He would always make a mental note and tell her during their now almost daily phone calls but it wasn't the same. He wanted her there with him, he wanted to see her all the time and to hold her and look her in the eyes while he talked to her. HE WANTED HER!

The next morning Tom called Abby and asked if he would be welcome to come up and see her and her family once more. Almost before he finished asking he heard her scream, "YES! OH, Yes Tom. When can you come? Can you come now? Oh, hurry. I can't wait to see you."

After they had finished their conversation Tom made his way to the office and checked out of the camp. He told them how much he had enjoyed the stay and that he would stop back in if he were ever in the neighborhood. "I have to move on now though. I have a lady waiting for me in Maine and I need to get back to her as soon as I can."

This trip across country Tom didn't waste time. He drove 8-9 hours a day and made good time taking the most direct route and not stopping to sight see. Six days after he talked to Abby he was pulling his truck and trailer up in front of her house. Once again she met him in the yard at a dead run and leaped into his arms. This time Howard and Shirley were standing on the porch, arms around each other while they watched the tearful reunion and kissing. After Abby calmed down somewhat Tom sat her on her feet again and went onto the porch to greet her parents.

That evening after supper they were all visiting in the family room while Tom talked about his time in Tennessee, North Carolina and Georgia and the beautiful campgrounds he had last used. He talked about the lonely drive back to Maine and how he was so anxious to get there. He turned to Abby and pulled her to him. They were on the couch once again and she was in her favorite position, snuggling with him so that wasn't too hard.

Tom looked at Howard and Shirley and then down at Abby. He looked back at Howard and said, "Howard at Christmas you and I talked about Abby and I made you a promise. I promised not to hurt her if I could ever help it. I told you I didn't know what I wanted but that I wasn't ready for any commitments. Last week I was sitting in the camp in Georgia and wondering why I felt so empty, so wrong. I was watching the friends I had made in the camp as we talked one evening when I realized what was wrong. I was alone and I hated it. I realized I had healed and had room in my heart for a woman once again. I knew what I wanted. Howard I want your daughter. I want to be able to turn to her when we talk and look into her eyes instead of talking on the phone. I want to hold her and kiss her. I want to protect, cherish her. Howard, Shirley...I want to marry your daughter."

Tom felt Abby stiffen as she listened to him talk to her parents. She was trying to rise and look at his face when he finished his statement. Her eyes were glistening as Tom turned to Abby and reached into his pocket. He took her left hand in his as he held his right hand in front of them. He looked into her eyes and said, "Abigail Thomas you have captured my heart and made me whole again. Over the last year of traveling I have come to terms with my past life and the way my first marriage ended. I have fallen deeply in love with you and want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to travel with you and have you with me forever. Will you marry me?"