Revenge in Advance - The Briefing

Story Info
Cheating, plotting and international intrigue...
23.7k words
4.7
72k
79

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/07/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The following is a follow-up to the sequel based on edrider73's 2014 story, "Revenge in Advance," in which a wife purchases an insurance policy that ultimately details the revenge her husband would face if he was caught cheating on her.

To understand the full context of what is happening here, I suggest you read that series, made up of "Revenge in Advance, A Sequel," in which Oscar escapes his wife's plot and gets his own revenge, followed up by "Revenge in Advance, Derby's Dose," a tale of what happened when one wife's revenge went too far, "Revenge in Advance: Pat," in which Oscar arrests and confronts the woman who started his odyssey and concludes with "Revenge in Advance: Mona," in which the Task Force finally takes down the top conspirators.

I would also suggest you read Colinthedog's story, "Retreat." Two characters in this story also previously appeared in "Mike and Amy," "An Ounce of Prevention" and "No Greater Love." A third character in this story, Ralph Wilcox, made his first appearance in "Turning the Tables."

Many thanks to edrider73 for giving me permission to write this sequel and any others that may come from his original story and many thanks to Colinthedog for permission to use some of the characters from his story, and for his assistance with this story.

I decided to make this my 50th published story here as my first was the initial "Revenge in Advance" sequel -- making this story something of a personal milestone...

And finally, many thanks to those who offered comments and constructive criticism on my previous stories. Please refer to my profile for more on my personal policy regarding comments, feedback, follows, etc. And please remember, this is a work of fiction, not a docu-drama...

*****

Oscar Warren sat in his overstuffed chair and considered his new surroundings. He had just been promoted from field work and was now the Special Agent in Charge of Fort Apache, the former military base turned into the central hub of operations for the HomeFront Security Task Force, a combined federal-private organization set up to deal with MMAS, the Mutual Marital Assurance Society, a shadowy organization initially set up to punish cheating spouses.

As time went on, however, MMAS became less of a private enterprise to punish husbands who stray and became an organization obsessed with instituting a radical government-sanctioned change in the male-female dynamic, starting with the President of the United States.

It all culminated in the death of Mona Larsen, the head of the group, and her twin sister, Elizabeth Skaggs, the former First Lady, who committed suicide.

Although the official organization was effectively demolished, many rogue operatives continued to do their dirty work, and copycat organizations sprung up, which meant the Task Force's job was far from done. Even though the task force had managed to root out hundreds of MMAS plants in federal, state and local governments, there were concerns that many more remained in place. Worse yet, there had been several abortive attempts on Oscar's life and the ideology of the organization had spread overseas.

A small group in England, led by Mona and Liz's sister, was quickly brought down when the sister-in-law of one of their targets intervened. French police were brutal in their take-down of Mona's Gallic counterparts, effectively destroying an entire city block in Paris. They covered the conspiracy up by blaming the destruction on rioters protesting government taxation. There were also rumors of cells operating in Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Israel and Norway, but so far, nothing had been substantiated.

As Oscar predicted, President Lincoln Skaggs easily won re-election mostly out of sympathy for his wife's death. Fortunately, private contractors had managed to effectively cover up the real facts of her death, and as far as the country was concerned, she died of a sudden stroke.

But Skaggs mysteriously died of a massive heart attack about a year and a half into his second term, and George Pierce, the vice president, was sworn in to finish Skaggs' term.

It was extremely late in the day, so Oscar called his wife to apologize and let her know he would be home as soon as possible.

"Sorry I'm running late," he told Rita when she answered the phone.

"No problem, Oscar," she said. "Kids said to tell you good night and they love you. I know you have a lot going on with your new job, but please get home as soon as you can. I love you."

"I love you, too," he said, ending the call.

As Oscar looked over his new domain, Bill Jackson, his friend, mentor, boss and now father-in-law, knocked on the door and entered the office.

"Hey, Bill," Oscar said as Bill walked in.

"Damn," Bill said, looking around the richly-appointed office. "This is nicer than my office downtown. Maybe we should switch." Oscar laughed.

"Why me, Bill?" he asked. "I'm a field operative, not a pencil-pusher."

"Well, Oscar, you're my best man. The task force needs you here," Bill said. "Hell, I need you here."

"You mean, Rita needs me here," Oscar said, referring to his fairly new wife, who just happened to be Bill's daughter. Bill nodded his head and smiled.

"Well, there is that," he said. "And your new son needs his father here as well." William Jefferson Warren, Oscar and Rita's now two-year-old son, was born less than a year after he and Rita married, and Bill was very protective of his new grandson.

Oscar had two children from his first wife, Renee, and they took right to Rita, calling her "Mom." It wasn't easy, but they eventually accepted their birth mother's death. They quickly adapted to having a new baby in the house, and often called themselves the "Three Musketeers."

Oscar looked out the sixth-story window at the bustling community below them. Even at this time of night, there was a lot of activity below. Fort Apache had grown considerably since he first came here as a refugee, seeking protection from MMAS and his first wife. Back then, the compound consisted of a few barracks for refugees like him, a central administrative complex and a hospital for those severely damaged by MMAS' punishment.

Since then, the compound's population exploded, with refugees, researchers, technicians, field operatives like himself, children, teachers, medical personnel and all the other things one would find in a normal small American city. There was also a reinforced battalion of Marines assigned to the compound for security and the task force had hired a small army of outside private contractors for research and surveillance. The task force had even contracted a couple of trained assassins for especially difficult cases.

"Place sure has changed over the years, hasn't it?" Bill asked. Oscar nodded his head.

"Sure has," he said. "First time I came here, it was nearly deserted."

"Hell, son," Bill said. "The first time I saw this place, it was just tumbleweeds and old wooden buildings. Most of those were close to falling down." He looked at his son-in-law.

"A lot has gone into building this up," he said. "And I don't just mean Fort Apache. The task force has undergone a lot of major changes over the years. There's a lot at stake here. Not just the national security, either. Private companies have a lot riding on our success as well. I don't need to tell you that there's quite a few in Washington who would like to shut this all down.

"And that's why you're here," he added. "Don't worry about the daily minutiae of running the complex. You have a highly qualified staff who takes care of that, so you don't need to stay here all night counting rolls of toilet paper. Listen to your people and let them do their jobs. Your primary job is to be a liaison between the folks in Washington and those people down there. Being a federal agent, you give the place official credibility."

"So, I'm just a pretty face on the place?" Oscar asked. "Is that it?" Bill shook his head.

"Not at all, Oscar," he said. "You see, even though I'm the titular head of the task force, I was never approved by the Senate. My job came to me due to the fact that I brought private sponsorship into this. If it wasn't for that initial investment, there would've been no task force.

"What I need for you to do is keep an eye on things here, make sure the place runs like it should. At the same time, I want you to have more control over all our field operations to make sure we get the most done with the money we have. It's up to you to prioritize things, to keep a bird's-eye view over what goes on," Bill said. Oscar nodded.

"I think I get it," Oscar said. "Someone would be getting this job, and you wanted to make sure it was someone you trust, someone who knows what's at stake."

"In a nutshell, yes," Bill said. "Trust me, you wouldn't want some bureaucratic asshole who's never been on an intervention try to run things. As far as I'm concerned, you're the best man for the job. Hell, I'd go so far as to say you're the only man for the job."

"So, what's on the agenda?" Oscar asked.

"As you know, the new president, his staff and key members of the House and Senate are making the rounds to all the various agencies to get briefed on what's going on," Bill said. "From what I hear, Pierce is set to make some fairly drastic changes and there could be some deep cuts. They'll be here in a few weeks to get a full briefing from us."

"How much does Pierce know?" Oscar asked.

"No where near as much as Skaggs knew," Bill said. "He does know about the former First Lady's suicide, but he doesn't know the full story about MMAS. His staff certainly doesn't know the story. Nor do they know the dangers presented by MMAS or their operatives. What I need from you is to cull as much information about Pierce, his family and his staff as you possibly can. I also need as much as we can get on the members of Congress who will be here as well." He looked at Oscar.

"I'll be doing most of the briefing, but I want a presentation from you that'll knock their socks off," he added. "Make them feel what those poor bastards in the hospital went through."

"You should also know that there'll be representatives of the British government here as well. After our involvement in that incident in Britain, the government there has taken an interest in what we've been doing here. There's a Maj. Collette FitzDougal who will be doing advance work for their entourage. I believe you've met her," he said. Oscar nodded his head.

"Yes, I've met her," he said. "A very capable officer with quite the resume. Enlisted in 2005, and rose up through the ranks. Twelve tours in Afghanistan. Received the Victoria Cross after rescuing two Marines from the Taliban. Teaches close combat, stealth and infiltration. Due to leave the service in August 2020, I believe."

"I understand you'd like to recruit her to work for us," Bill said.

"Absolutely," Oscar said. "She'd be an invaluable asset here and she certainly meets all the qualifications."

"Impressed you that much, did she?" Bill asked.

"Yes," Oscar said. "I've seen her in action."

"Very well," Bill said. "Reach out to her if you would. Have her get as much info on the British contingent as possible and forward that to our researchers. If she's interested in joining us, give her the nickel tour when she gets here. And be sure to introduce her to Rita's home cooking," he added, smiling.

"Rita's got nothing to worry about, Bill," Oscar said.

"Oh?" Bill asked. "I'd think she could easily get the wrong impression, seeing her husband escorting a female officer around the complex." Oscar laughed.

"Collette, er, Major FitzDougal, is in a very committed same-sex relationship," Oscar said. "She's actually married. Besides, you know I only have eyes for Rita."

"Damn well better," Bill said, smiling. "Otherwise, I'd have to kick your balls up into your throat." Oscar laughed. "Anyway, I'll get you the full list of the participants as soon as I get back to my dingy old office in the morning and you can get the researchers on it."

"Sounds good, boss," Oscar said. "I look forward to it."

"I love it when you call me that," Bill said, smiling, as he left the office. After Bill left, Oscar pulled up the contact information he had for Collette FitzDougal and dialed her number. She answered after the third ring, and sounded as though she had just woke up.

"For Christ's sake who's callin' me at this time of the morning?" she wonders, awakening to the sound of Cher's "Bang Bang." Answering the call she asked, "What!" giving no doubt to her mood at being awoken. "It better be good or I'm gonna be kicking someone's bollocks."

"Sorry to call so early Collette, I didn't even think about the time difference." Oscar apologizes, even though he has a reason to call her at this time of day.

She recognizes his voice immediately. At a preliminary briefing for an upcoming assignment, his name and interest had been mentioned almost in passing and yet, she got the definite impression that her official mission, babysitting a handful of office wallers was not as important as whatever Oscar wanted. With less anger she said, "'Tha's alright, I was told you'd be callin', just didn't expect it to be the middle of the night."

"I understand that you're on the advance team for a contingent of British government types coming to Fort Apache," he said.

"Team," she laughs, "If they 'din't agree to let me second Mand, it'd only be little ol' me. Don't even know why, I thought it'd be the purview of the squirrels, sixes, not some dumb fuck major."

"Ah well, I might have had something to do with that," he said. She can almost hear his grin over the connection. "But," he added, "I think you are better than just some dumb fuck, major or otherwise. I am pleased they allowed your wife to come with you."

"I reckon you 'ad somethin' to do with that too."

"Maybe, but to be fair, she has the necessary skill set."

"Well ta' for that. Now, what are you after?"

"Information... information on the representatives they are sending over."

"You're 'avin' a laugh. I can't go tellin' some foreign operative, secret info on our blokes, no matter what tossers they are," she said.

Across the Pacific Ocean, Oscar is looking at his watch, "Five... four... three... two... one."

Two brisk raps on her front door sound. "Who the fuck is that!" an expletive not a question, but Oscar answers her as if it was a question. "I think you should answer it. I will call you back in a few minutes."

"Bastard." she says as she pulls on a toweling dressing gown and makes her way to the front door. "Who is it?"

"Major FitzDougal?"

"Yeah," she replied as she opened the door, peering around it. "What the fuck do you want?"

She sees two men, one holding a brown envelope. Again, she asked, "What?"

"Can we see some identification ma'am, preferably your military ID," one of the two men ordered.

"For fucks sake, I'll go get it." She closes the door, wondering who would send a pair of MI5 or 6 squirrels to her gaff in the middle of the night. She collects the card and goes back to the suited men on her doorstep.

One of the men took it from her, and checked the details on a mobile phone. He nodded to the man with the envelope, who proffered it to Collette, saying, "goodnight, Major."

Taking the envelope, she says "Ta," and shut the door. She turned on the light and opened the sealed package. Inside is another envelope, with an official seal and the words, "Most Secret, Burn after reading."

"Fuck me!" she exclaimed as she broke open the seal. Inside are instructions to give Oscar every possible assistance and permission to gather and share any information he requests in regard to his operation. It is signed by the Home Secretary.

She went outside and burned the document, allowing the wind to spread the ashes and whisk them away.

She poured a glass of water and waited for Oscar to call her back. When Cher began singing from her phone, she answered with, "I suppose you think that's funny, so, anything else you want me to do besides spy on my countrymen."

"Not for the moment," Oscar said.

"How soon do you want it?" she asked.

"Yesterday."

"Bleedin' typical... Well unless you've got a time machine you'll 'ave to wait a few days, but to be honest, I doubt I'll be able to find out much more than what you probably already know."

"From what I have read about you, I doubt that, plus I think you will find some doors have been opened for you. And just so you know, we don't have a few days. Oh, before I forget, when you get here my wife wants you both to come to dinner," Oscar said.

"Sounds good. Right, I'll see what I can do for you, but don't get your 'opes up. If I do get something, how do you want it?" she asked.

"I will send you info so you can access our secure email system," he said.

"Right you are."

"Okay Collette, say hello to your wife for me, goodbye for now."

"Yeah, later."

She hung up and said with disdain, "thanks brother-in-law."

Having finished with Collette, he made two more calls.

"Hello," Ron Wiseman said as he answered the phone.

"Ron, Oscar. I need you to get started on something for me ASAP," Oscar said.

"Sure, Oscar, what's up?" Ron asked. Oscar briefed Ron on the bureaucratic visit, telling him as much as he could. Ron listened, taking notes as Oscar spoke.

"So, when do you need all this done?" Ron asked.

"Immediately, if not sooner," Oscar said. "I'll contact Mike Johnson and I want the two of you to work together on this."

"Got it, boss," Ron said.

"I'll send you what Bill gives me in the morning plus what I get from our contact overseas, but you can get started with Pierce and his inner sanctum right away," Oscar said. "For the next two weeks, this is your top priority. And I want regular updates. If you have to bring in others to help, do it."

"Gotcha," Ron said. "I'll get started right now."

"Thanks, Ron," Oscar said. "Talk to you soon." Oscar made a similar call to Mike, then decided to head home to his loving wife and children. As he turned the lights off in his office, he wondered if every day on his new job would be like this. After he got home, though, his wife effectively took his mind off work for a while...

The next morning, he got the lists from Bill and Collette and forwarded them to Mike and Ron. He cc'ed John Roberts, the head of the tech department. Then he headed to the tech center.

"Mornin', boss," John said as Bill walked in. "What brings you to this neck of the woods?"

"We need to talk," Oscar said. "In your office, please."

"What's going on?" John said after the door was closed.

"You saw that list I sent you this morning?" Oscar asked.

"Yes, I did," John said. "So those are the big-wigs who are gonna be crawling up our ass in a few days?"

"Yeah, unfortunately," Oscar said. "I've got our researchers on it now. What I need from you is a virtual briefing the likes of which they can't begin to imagine."

"What, you mean, like CGI and that sort of thing?" John asked.

"Something like that," Oscar said. "I know you still have all the video and DVDs we got from Pat and Mona's files. I'd like you to put together a VR representation of what MMAS' victims went through. I want those government types to experience what they experienced. Think you can do that?" John thought for a moment, then nodded his head.

"I think so," he said. "You say they'll be here in two to maybe three weeks?"

"Or less," Oscar said. "I'm expecting an advance party from Britain here in just under two weeks."

"Okay," John said. "I'll get my best folks on it right away."

"Good," Oscar said. "Keep me in the loop."

"Will do, boss," John said. Oscar went back to his office to find a small crowd waiting for him.

"What's all this?" he asked his secretary?