Rick or Cheat?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Flick smiled and shrugged. "I think about 200 odd. Maybe more." She gave one of her shy little looks and added "my brother's have been teasing me that I only invited four people. Charlie brought most of the first year of his university to his first party!"

The group listened as she explained the children were only allowed to attend the party when they turned 18. One of the rules their parents had set when Archie had held the first halloween event.

"We all went to boarding school, so it was only when we each started university that we could attend the party. It was really Charlie who took it to a whole new level. Most of this was his doing," Flick continued, pointing out the extravagant decorations in the conservatory and the DJ in the corner. "He is the...well, creative one," she added with a roll of her eyes.

"What's with the invitations instructing the costume to wear?" Richard asked, pulling the skeleton hooded mask off his face.

"Oh that was Charlie," Flick giggled. "Apparently people stopped making an effort a few years ago so he came up with the idea of making it compulsory. It also means there is a good mixture of costumes as well." Cassie groaned internally. If her's had said slutty devil, she'd have got it right.

Ben smiled widely. "Well, from what I see, if there are prizes for fancy dress, our Cassie wins it." Lauren and Flick giggled, nodding in agreement but Cassie noticed that Richard still looked unimpressed. "So Flick, where do we get a drink from?" Ben continued.

"Oh of course...come on, you can help me fetch some." She turned and with Ben following her, headed across the dance floor.

"Oh my god, this is fucking unreal!" Lauren exclaimed, stepping in front of Cassie. "Can you believe this house? I mean, I knew she was loaded like, but...I mean...WTF?"

Cassie giggled, amused at how awestruck her friend looked. "I know. It's a proper mansion, and so many people. I didn't realise her older brother was 32, did you?"

"No, I knew she had brothers, but you know what's she like, she's been pretty private since we met her." Cassie nodded in agreement, although in truth she'd actually had a lot of more in-depth conversations with Flick, learning a little of her life at boarding school. Lauren turned around, already starting to move with the music. She was always the first one onto the dance floor, and could dance all night. Cassie had learned that in the first week of going out clubbing with her.

"Are you okay?" Cassie asked, speaking directly into her boyfriends ear. Her heels meant she was two inches taller than him, and it felt strange head tilting her downwards towards him.

"I'm fine," he replied, a little too curtly for her liking.

"Look I'm sorry," she said. "I didn't think this dress was quite so revealing when I bought it. We were...you know, kinda drunk when we ordered our outfits."

"Everyone was looking at you," he replied.

She closed her eyes and nodded. "I know. How do you think that made me feel?"

He looked at her for a moment and shrugged. "I don't know. I'm not in the habit of going out half-naked."

She felt her mouth fall open in surprise at his direct quip. One month from now would mark their third anniversary as a couple, and she'd never heard him speak to her like that.

"Drinks!" boomed Ben's voice over the music. "It's Archie's famous Halloween cocktail apparently. No idea what's in it, but Flick promises it tastes good." Cassie took a sip, noting it felt strong from an alcohol perspective but pleasant on the taste buds. She took another, longer sip, hoping the alcohol would settle her still churning stomach.

It wasn't until she was midway through her third cocktail before she started to feel relaxed. The group had remained together, dancing and chatting. Quite a few more party goers had come into the conservatory, dancing to the music as the DJ mixed halloween tunes with current songs and a few older ones. Everyone who noticed Cassie gave her a second look and she took to using the relative darkness of the conservatory and Lauren and Flick for protection. At least an hour passed by, and as the alcohol started to take its effect, the group danced, and chatted and laughed. Flick even introduced a few people to them, friend's of her brothers and even Archie's wife. Cassie was normally confident in such situations, but she found herself hanging back a little, unable to shake the embarrassment of her skimpy outfit.

Between drinks three and four, all of which came from the self service bar set up next to the DJ, the girls had a bathroom break. Flick led the way, through a short maze of corridors to an inner cloakroom with three separate loos. Both Lauren and Cassie found it hard to get their bearings in the enormous house, and by the time they were back on the dance floor, they'd realised they'd come back a different route, taking in a huge formal dining room. The party was really getting into full swing; the conservatory even fuller now. Flick explained most of the main ground floor rooms would be pretty full of guests.

Cassie noted that they were the youngest here. She'd only turned 18 in February, and being younger by a few months than both Lauren and Flick, meant she was the youngest at the party. Ironic, given her choice of outfit, she thought.

At least another hour went by. She danced mainly with Lauren and Flick. Richard wasn't one for dancing and Ben was spending his time chatting to him, dancing or replenishing the drinks, which he seemed to be doing frequently. She was feeling much more relaxed, some of her confidence back and as the conservatory got hotter with all the dancing bodies, she felt the benefit of having a dress with a net back to it. Lauren was already complaining how hot she was in her outfit. Flick, attentive as ever, suggested they take some time out, and led them through a series of corridors into a huge kitchen. A few people were mingling here, deep in conversation over glasses of wine. The windows were open and they all sighed at the cool air, Richard unzipping his skeleton jumpsuit.

"Why are you wearing a t-shirt under that?" Cassie asked him. "You must be boiling!"

He shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. "It's not the most comfortable material."

She giggled, putting her arms around his hips and placing a lingering kiss on his lips. "You're always so practical," she teased. She felt a little light headed from the cocktails.

"Here you go lovebirds," Lauren interrupted, pulling them apart and handing them glasses. Cassie smiled, enjoying the cool water as she gulped it down. Richard excused himself to go to the bathroom, walking off with a slightly confused expression from the directions provided by Flick.

"We'll send out a search party if you're not back in 10 minutes mate," Ben chuckled.

The group drank their water in silence, enjoying the cool air and relative peace of the kitchen. Cassie caught site of her upper body in the window opposite and shook her head. I can't believe I'm actually wearing this, she thought to herself.

Her thoughts were disturbed when the door at the far end of the kitchen burst open, and a bright red figure entered the room.

"Aha, there she is! My baby sister, or should I say the Queen of Vampires!" The whole group turned and stared, as the tall figure approached.

"Wicked costume," she heard Ben exclaim as she looked at the perfectly tailored bright red suit, long tailed jacket fastened with a single button over a jet black shirt, and red tail with a fork at the end.

"Oh guys, this is Charlie, my brother!" Flick explained with a bright smile, before giving him a hug. The white teeth of his bright smile, emphasised by the red face paint, jet black hair, and black intricate face paint detailing around his eyes and strong cheekbones captured the attention of them all.

"Ah...the young fledglings at their first Hamilton-Withenshaw Halloween Gathering," he announced, confidence oozing in his tone. "Queen of Vampires, do introduce please," he added.

Flick shook her head, but was grinning. "Certainly Lord Satan," she giggled. "This is Lauren, and her boyfriend Ben."

"Charmed," Charlie smiled, reaching forward a black gloved hand to take Lauren's hand, before placing a gentle kiss on the back of it. Lauren giggled, and Charlie nodded, almost respectfully, at Ben. "Benjamin, a fine and dapper vampire you are sir," he said, extending his hand.

Ben smiled and shook his hand. "Charlie...or Lord Satan I should say. Looking good dude, looking good."

Charlie smiled widely and turned his attention to Cassie. "And this...this must be the sexy devil."

Cassie felt her cheeks flush as her eyes met his. Did he emphasise the word 'the' when he said that? She saw his black gloved hand reach out towards her and felt his eyes glance over her body.

"This is Cassie," she heard Flick say. She slowly extended her hand out towards him, noticing that he too had red devil horns on his head. He bowed his head and gently placed a kiss on the back of her hand. He smiled at her again, taking a moment before releasing her hand. "A pleasure to meet you Cassie," he said, nodding. His accent was posh, like Flick's really, though even more cultured, and with a confident, friendly, almost suave tone to it. His eyes met with hers again, for just a brief moment and she felt a strange feeling of excitement course through her body. He turned back to his sister and she quickly took a gulp of water, feeling flustered all of a sudden.

"My darling sister. I am truly proud you are now able to attend our annual party. And to bring such delightful friends." He smiled and nodded at Lauren and Ben. "I do hope you enjoy our gathering. I thank you for your effort with your costumes." He turned so he could see all three of them, and Cassie felt her cheeks blushing. He put his arm around his sister and smiled. "Do know young people, you are the future of this infamous social event. The final generation perhaps. Maintaining the tradition that my dear brother Archibald started some 14 years ago..."

"Oh Charlie, give it a rest!" Flick interrupted, giggling. She shook her head at her friends. "I apologise for my brother. He does like to be ever so dramatic." Cassie noted how brightly Flick was smiling, and realised she was obviously very fond of her brother.

"And I apologise for my darling sister," Charlie laughed. "I fear she has taken influence from Edward, the second eldest of our sibling quartet. The man is an accountant for god's sake, both in profession and in personality." He smiled when his audience giggled. "Still, someone has to protect the family fortune," he added with a grin and wink. Cassie saw Flick blush.

"My friends," he continued, looking first at Lauren and then at Cassie. "You have a duty of responsibility to ensure my sister is brought out of her shell, out from under the shadow of Edward's influence." He leaned forward, lowering his voice and extending a black gloved hand to each of them. "Do I have your solemn promise you will undertake my request?" he asked.

Cassie couldn't help from giggling at his mock seriousness. Lauren grinned. "Are we making a deal with the devil?" she asked.

Charlie chuckled softly and looked at her. "As a witch of..." he flicked his eyes towards Ben..."may I say, such beauty?" his tone one of a request for permission. Ben grinned and laughed, nodding in approval. "I am sure I have more to fear of you than you of me. Who knows what potions you have at your disposal?"

Lauren rolled her eyes playfully, but kept up the game. "Best you remember that Charlie," she teased with a wink of her own. Charlie grinned widely. "Benjamin...you have a fine lady there, good sir. And Lauren, you have a handsome man. I see a glorious future for you both."

They shook their heads and chuckled at him, and Flick rolled her eyes, though she was still grinning.

"And as for you, my sexy devil apprentice," he said, lowering his tone and once again casting his eyes towards Cassie. She felt her cheeks flush again. "Perhaps this witch would confine me to eternity in hell with you by my side," he said, tilting his head to one side. "Though that, I imagine, would be far from a curse." He gasped as Flick slapped him on the back.

"Charlie!" she exclaimed.

He started to laugh, shaking his head. "I jest, I jest of course!" Cassie felt flustered again.

"Just as well Ricky isn't here right now!" Ben laughed out.

"Ricky? Who is this Ricky of whom you speak?" Charlie said, frowning at Ben. Ben grinned and gave him a wink. "Her boyfriend," he replied.

Charlie threw his head back theatrically and turned to his sister. "You bring me a devil apprentice with a boyfriend in tow?" he asked, shaking his head. Cassie felt her mouth fall open in surprise.

Flick rolled her eyes again and sighed. "You wrote his invitation yourself, remember?"

Charlie threw his hands up in the air. "A list of names dear sister. I do not remember a relationship details being provided," he said, turning back to smile at Cassie. "I do apologise for my inappropriateness." he added.

Cassie felt her mouth go dry and just replied with a nod. Flick's brother certainly wasn't lacking in confidence. She felt his eyes glance over her again before he focussed his attention back to Ben. "You will join me in the smoking lounge for a cigar and some vintage port at some point, I trust?"

Ben exhaled and nodded. "Ummm, yeh sure. I'd be up for that." Charlie smiled widely and extended his hand again. They shook and he turned to Flick. "Darling sister, your friends are drinking water. Please...that is not how we treat our guests." He reached over and hugged her, giving her a kiss on the cheek. She giggled and turned to a dispenser on the kitchen island.

"Madame witch," Charlie said, once more taking Lauren's hand. "Wreak havoc as you see fit," he grinned. Lauren nodded with a giggle and replied "as you wish, Lord Satan."

Flick handed glasses to Lauren and Ben and Cassie felt herself taking a breath as Charlie stepped towards her. She reached out her hand as his black glove extended towards her, his fingers gently cupping over hers. Her eyes widened as leaned forward. "I could not have envisaged the sexy devil would be quite so perfect," he whispered in her ear. She felt her body tingle as he placed a soft kiss on her cheek, then with a little nod, he stepped away and out through the door behind her. The sexy devil. The. He emphasised 'the.' He did, didn't he? She felt her brow furrow as confused thoughts played in her brain.

"Your brother is fucking mad," Lauren laughed out.

Flick giggled and nodded. "He can be rather full on sometimes," she conceded. "He has always been like that. He is the eccentric one really. Quite how he got through university is beyond us, but that is Charlie, always lands on his feet."

"He's kinda cool," Ben grinned, clearly impressed. "Suave bugger too," he nodded. "What does he do? You know, for a job?"

"He is a stockbroker in the city," Flick explained.

"How old is he?" Lauren asked.

"25," Flick replied. "Edward is 30, Archie 32. I was a bit of a...surprise really," she giggled.

"You're pretty close to him though, huh babe?" Lauren asked, smiling.

Flick nodded. "He was 7 when I was born. Both Edward and Archie were already at boarding school so I guess I only really saw them during the holidays, whereas Charlie was around until I was 5. He has always looked out for me."

Ben and Lauren nodded as they listened. It was a lifestyle so very different from their own upbringing and they both felt a little sorry for her. Cassie, meanwhile, was still processing how he'd looked at her, what he'd said. 'The' sexy devil. 'My' sexy devil apprentice. Confided to eternity by his side.

"You made it back then," Ben announced. Cassie looked up to see Richard coming back into the kitchen. She felt a pang of guilt, but couldn't explain why.

"Come on, let's go dancing again!" Lauren said enthusiastically. Cassie watched as Ben put his arm around her boyfriend's shoulder.

"Mate...we just met Flick's brother. Lord Satan...total nutcase but a sound bloke," he said as they walked off behind Flick back towards the conservatory. Lauren fell into step alongside Cassie.

"Is it just me, or does Flick's brother have the hots for you?" she asked quietly. Cassie felt the butterflies in her stomach again, but shook her head.

"No...no don't be silly. He was just...you know...showing off. Flick said he was pretty full on."

"Uh huh," Lauren replied, and Cassie could sense the doubt in her tone. "The sexy devil?"

She noticed too, Cassie thought, and felt her mouth dry up again.

"He picked all the costumes right?" Lauren asked, her tone loaded with inquisitive intent.

"Ummm... I think so," Cassie replied, not sure where Lauren was going with that question. Lauren just gave a little nod, and Cassie decided not to press. They walked in silence back to the conservatory. It was almost full, and they found a space near the DJ and started to dance as a group again. Cassie's mind was reeling though. 'He picked the costumes right?'

About a half hour passed. Cassie was aware of people looking at her outfit, but her mind was distracted. Jumbled thoughts that she couldn't quite process. Richard leaned in and told her he needed the bathroom again and she nodded. She needed to go to, and took his hand and left the conservatory with him. Away from the music he asked, "Are you okay Cassie...you seem, I don't know, distracted?"

Cassie felt that pang of guilt again, but squeezed her boyfriend's hand and smiled at him. "I think it's those cocktails. I feel a little...drunk," she giggled.

He nodded. "That's why I moved onto beer." Sensible as ever, she thought.

They found the cloakroom with the three separate toilets. When she'd finished, she opened the door and saw Richard waiting for her. She took his hand and leaned into him, pressing her lips against his. He kissed back and she slid her tongue into his mouth. The familiar lips, his taste, the way he tilted his head always to his left. She slid his hands around to her bum and released them, pressing more firmly against him as they kissed. She could feel the tip of his fingers against her bare flesh, just below the short hem of her dress. She kissed him harder, longing for his fingers to explore. But he didn't move, and broke the kiss abruptly as voices grew louder from further down the corridor. She sighed a little and he gave her a shrug, nodding in the direction of the voices.

"I think this way is quicker," she sighed, faintly remembering the different route Flick had led her and Lauren back earlier. She led the way along the corridor in the opposite direction of the voices. It turned to the left, closed doors on either side. Richard fell into step to her right, and she took his hand. Another turn to the left and the dining room ahead. They passed an open door, where loud conversation could be heard. Her heels clicked on the wooden floorboards of the dining room and she almost jumped when she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"A devil, a devil in our midst!"

She turned to see Charlie, a champagne flute in his left hand and a familiar plastic devil fork in his right. She glanced at Richard, who was staring at the Devil approaching them.

"Young apprentice, may I suggest it is unwise to leave your weapons unattended," Charlie said with a grin, offering the fork out towards her.

She giggled, realising she'd left it in the kitchen. "Oh, oh right, yes," she said, taking it from him. He smiled, then extended his hand out to Richard. "Salutations, he of the undead," he said. Richard shook his hand, looking bewildered. Charlie looked at Cassie and raised his eyebrows.

Cassie blinked, then nodded. "Oh right, yes, sorry. Charlie, this is Richard, my...ummm.. boyfriend." Her mind whirred again. Why did she pause before saying boyfriend? "Richard, this is Charlie, Flick's brother."