Rick or Cheat?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm looking for a glass. I just need some water," she replied.

Megan smiled widely at her and opened the door of the sixth cabinet along, up on her tiptoes to reach it and pull out a high ball tumbler. Cassie looked at the woman, her angel dress short and splayed at the helm, the bust tight but somehow she looked classy. Her long blonde hair cascaded over her shoulders. Her features were stunning, large blue eyes, perfect skin and a button nose. She couldn't help thinking Edward had done rather well for himself.

"Here you go sweetheart," Megan said, handing her the tumbler. She then opened the fridge and pulled out a large bottle of water. Cassie smiled gratefully as she filled her glass. "How are you feeling?" she asked.

Cassie took a sip of water and shrugged her shoulders. "I feel awful Megan," she said. "I am so sorry for what happened. I'm really embarrassed."

Megan smiled sweetly, putting her hand on Cassie's arm. "Oh sweetheart, don't feel bad. These things happen."

Cassie was surprised by her soft touch, her caring tone and her sympathetic face. "I feel terrible you had to, you know, clean up after Richard."

She was surprised again when Megan just chuckled. "He was not the first to throw up at one of these parties, and he certainly will not be the last." She smiled widely. "I am more concerned with you how are feeling."

Cassie frowned, not sure why the woman was being so kind to her, after all she'd done. She sighed. "I'll be fine. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow morning, but.." she shrugged her shoulders again, not sure how to finish her sentence.

Megan nodded slowly. "You poor thing. I feared things would turn out rather messily tonight."

Cassie felt her brow crease. "You...you did? I... I don't understand."

Megan sighed, and again reached out to her, fingers interlacing with hers. "I think I need to explain something to you," she said softly. Cassie felt confusion in her mind again."Come...walk with me."

Cassie felt a nervousness churning in her stomach as Megan led her by the hand back out of the kitchen.

"When Archibald first started this halloween party, it was no more than a handful of his friends. It grew a little until my Edward was of age," she started to explain, walking slowly along the corridor. She smiled. "I was at that first one with Eddie. We had met at university just a few weeks earlier. We brought some of our university friends along but Eddie is too shy and to be honest, the annual party was on it's last legs before Charlie's first year. Oh that was crazy," she chuckled. "About one hundred of his friends turned up, doubling the biggest attendance they had ever had before. Somehow, all the age groups got along, even Archie's fuddy-duddy crowd. The following year and it was bigger still and again the year after that. All Charlie's doing. The decorations, the DJ...he really put the Hamilton-Withenshaw Halloween Party on the social society map."

Cassie giggled, not entirely surprised. Charlie was certainly the charismatic, consummate host.

"He introduced the mandatory costumes, deciding it was best he chose the characters to ensure the guests made an effort. Well, that's what he told us," Megan giggled. "I think it was because he wanted to be the only devil at the party. Make sure he stood out, and everyone knew it was his doing." She smiled at Cassie. "He's a terrible show off, but somehow manages to not be arrogant with it. They are quite a bunch you know? Archibald is very astute, quite a ruthless businessman. Eddie, oh my Eddie," and Cassie sensed the love in her voice. "He's very intelligent. No common sense of course, but such a kind and caring man. I think young Flick is cut from the same cloth as Eddie. Charlie though, well he is different. He seems to have a little bit of both his brother's in him, but with a huge dose of charisma to boot."

Again, Cassie wasn't surprised.

"We all get together to set up the party," Megan continued. "Same every year. Charlie is in charge, directing everyone, deciding on everything from the decorations to the playlist for the DJ, to the cigars in the humidor. He is always so cool and composed, the epitome of someone in command. He gets that from his father I believe." She stopped, turning to face Cassie, tilting her head to one side. "He was different this year though."

Cassie frowned as she looked at Megan, wondering why she was telling her all this.

"He seemed nervous this year. I can't really explain it. A little distracted perhaps, a little less composed. You remember me coming to find him to choose cigars for Eddie?"

Cassie nodded. He'd been showing them the Singapore room when she'd first seen Megan.

"That was because Charlie hadn't pre-stocked the humidor for the smoking lounge. Not like him at all. Normally, he would be in the entrance hall, welcoming all the guests. But tonight, he was more reserved. I couldn't quite work it out." Cassie felt Megan's eye look deep into hers. "And then you arrived," she said, a little smile appearing at the corner of her mouth.

Cassie felt her stomach flip, and blinked in confused, surprise. "M...me? I...I don't understand."

Megan chuckled softly and placed her fingers on Cassie's arm. "Oh Cassie. I saw him, hidden away in a corner. His face as you walked in." Cassie felt her jaw drop. "You in your devil costume. That could only have been his doing. And then I saw his expression when he realised you and Richard were a couple."

Cassie blushed, her mind spinning again, not entirely believing what she was hearing.

"I watched him skulk away. I've never seen him like that. I found him in his father's study shortly after, sat alone and looking thoughtful. I asked if he was okay, and he told me all was fine. Some issues at work that were weighing heavily on his mind. Nothing to worry about. But Charlie doesn't have issues at work. I could see the disappointment in his face."

Cassie shook her head slowly, stunned at what Megan was telling her. Charlie had told her he was deep in conversation with a friend in need when she had arrived. She felt Megan's finger trace gently up her arm, and her consoling tone. "You poor girl. You had no idea what you were walking into tonight."

She felt her legs shaking. Confused thoughts fought inside her head. This revelation. "Why...why me?" she whispered.

Megan tilted her head and smiled. "I don't have the answer to that I'm afraid. If I may say one thing though, you are a beautiful young lady."

Cassie grimaced a little. "I look like a tramp," she said. "I mean look at you. You look so graceful, so elegant." She shook her head. "I look like a cheap tart."

Megan chuckled and slid her finger under Cassie's chin. "May I be truthful?" Cassie nodded. "You look vulnerable. I could see how uncomfortable you looked, how you hid behind your boyfriend in the entrance hall. I saw you in the conservatory, hidden away in the corner. Quite how you can wear that outfit and not look like a promiscuous young girl is rather incredible. And, I suspect, exactly what young Charles would fall for."

Cassie closed her eyes. It was all starting to make sense. She remembered how she thought herself that she looked like a waif when she was with him. How protected she felt though, holding onto his arm. How he carefully paraded her around, his words of compliment giving her confidence. Another thought came to the front of her mind. In the smoking lounge, when he'd let her go, she had immediately felt exposed, alone again. Just for a fleeting moment, before she'd gone over to Richard. But a definite feeling. She felt a shiver down her spine.

When she opened her eyes she could feel tears in them. "I don't know what to do," she whispered.

"Oh sweetheart," Megan said, her voice consoling as she wrapped her arms around her. Cassie let herself fall into the woman's embrace and they stood in the corridor for over a minute in silence as confusion riddled her brain.

Cassie slowly pulled away from her. "Did Charlie say anything? After we got Richard back to the room?"

Megan gave her a long thoughtful look, then sighed softly. "I've never seem him look so guilty. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen Charlie look guilty about anything. I think he feels responsible. I did ask him what had happened and all he said was that he didn't mean you any harm, and hoped you'd be able to forgive him."

Cassie nodded slowly. "He told me that too. That it was his fault. But it wasn't, not really. I made him take me to the smoking lounge. I was being stupid, just wanting to make Richard jealous."

Megan frowned at her. "Why did you want to do that?" she asked.

Cassie sighed. "I don't really know. There was just something not right about him tonight. From as soon as he saw me dressed like this. It was like he was ashamed of me."

"Ashamed of you?" Megan raised her eyebrows. "How on earth could he have been ashamed of you?"

Cassie shook her head. "I'm half naked...well as good as. He doesn't like attention. I explained to him that I'd been drunk with Lauren when I ordered this stupid bloody outfit. I didn't think it was as short or revealing as it is. It only arrived at lunchtime. I must have made him feel really, like, insecure I guess."

Megan rolled her eyes. "And what about you? How did you feel?"

"I felt really uncomfortable to be honest," she replied. "Like...well, vulnerable." And she realised her own feelings matched Megan's earlier opinion.

"How did you feel when Charlie was cavorting around with you? Showing you off?" Megan asked.

Cassie blushed and lowered her eyes. Her mind cast back to that time with him. A moment of silence passed before she slowly looked up at Megan. "I felt...good," she whispered.

Megan nodded. "It's none of my business, but from where I'm standing, Richard should have been more concerned with your feelings than his own."

Cassie blinked at her. She hadn't thought of it that way. Where her boyfriend should have been supportive, Charlie had actually taken it to the opposite extreme. And poor Charlie had left feeling guilty and responsible. It was all becoming clear in her mind now.

"I need to apologise to him. To Charlie," she said. "He needs to know it's not his fault. I feel terrible if I've ruined his party for him."

Megan smiled. "You really are adorable, aren't you?" she giggled, and Cassie blushed again. She slipped her hand over Cassie's wrist led her along the corridor.

"Thank you," Cassie said. "You've been really kind to me. Especially considering all the trouble I've caused."

Megan shook her head. "I'm glad I had the chance the talk with you Cassie. It would have been unfair for you to not know the whole story."

They turned a corner and Cassie realised they were just by the entrance hall. The murmur of voices increased as they approached. Eddie appeared, a concerned expression on his face.

"Is everything okay?" he asked.

"Yes Eddie. Cassie and I were just having a little talk," Megan replied.

"Are you okay dear?" Eddie asked Cassie directly, reaching out his hand and placing it softly over hers. She heard Megan giggle softly, and knew what she'd meant when she said he was very caring.

She nodded and smiled at him. "I think so Eddie. Megan has been lovely. I just need to apologise to Charlie. I can't have him thinking any of this is his doing."

She noticed Eddie glance awkwardly at his wife, the colour rising a little in his cheeks. "Oh. Well...ummm..."

"What's wrong Eddie?" Megan asked. Cassie frowned at his suddenly flustered demeanour.

Eddie sighed loudly. He looked thoughtful, then slowly nodded his head. "Come with me," he said and turned.

Cassie gave Megan and quizzical look and received the same in return. They followed him around the edge of the entrance hallway, through a door and down another corridor. She felt her heartbeat thumping, a strange nervous churning in her stomach. She saw Eddie slow down, raising his hand as if to instruct them to stay silent. He stopped at a door on the right, glanced in then turned towards them. His eyes met Megan's and then he beckoned for Cassie to step forward.

She looked at Megan then stepped forward. Eddie placed his hand on her arm and nodded at her, then tipped his head towards the door. She looked into a large room, with huge windows at the far end. An enormous mahogany desk sat in front of it, the right hand wall lined with bookcases. To the left, an open fireplace though no flame. In front of it a leather Chesterfield sofa. She looked at the figure sat there, back perfectly straight and head facing the fireplace. She saw red suit trousers and a black shirt, left leg crossed over right, and a glass placed on his knee, held by an ungloved hand. She felt Eddie move his hand to her elbow, and glanced at him. He gave her another nod, and then stepped away from her, slipping his arm around his wife's waist and leading her back up the corridor.

She felt her heart skip a beat. She took a step forward, silent in her stocking clad soles. Something told her this was an important step and butterflies tumbled in her stomach. She took another two steps into the room. "Hi Charlie," she whispered.

He turned, startled and she saw his eyes widen. She stared at him, surprised to see the red face paint had gone. "Cassie? What...what are you doing here?" he said, as he stood up. "How did...I mean, why...ummm...?"

She sensed surprise in his broken unfinished sentence. She looked at his face, for the first time seeing it for real. High strong cheekbones, dark eyes, boyish handsome looks.

She felt her mouth go dry. "Eddie. He...ummm...I...I wanted to...to apologise." She stared at him as he cautiously took a step towards her.

"Eddie? Oh, oh right," he said, and she saw colour rising in his cheeks. He seemed nervous, and that surprised her. "Apologise. For...for what?"

She took a deep breath and moved forwards, closing the gap between them. "I spoke to Megan," she said softly, and she saw his cheeks flush. "You have nothing to feel guilty about."

He took a deep breath. "How, how is Richard?" he asked, and she watched as he raised the crystal whisky glass to his lips and tilted his head back.

"Asleep," she replied.

He nodded slowly, his eyes directly on hers. "You still have your horns on," he said slowly.

She frowned, and raised her hand up, feeling the headband. She giggled. "Oh, so I do!" She looked at his face again. "You washed your face paint off. Why?"

He lowered his eyes, and she noticed his shoulder shrug. It was the first time he hadn't had a reply to something she'd said.

"Why are you here? Alone? The party...it...it's still going on. You are the host aren't you?" He kept his eyes down. A long moment of silence passed. She extended her right hand towards him, placing the tips of her fingers against his. "Charlie?" she whispered.

He slowly raised his head, and she felt her heart skip a beat as she looked into his eyes. She saw a nervousness, a tiny hint of sadness in them.

"Look at you," he whispered, and she saw his throat move as he swallowed. He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "I never imagined, just how beautiful you would be in person. When I saw you come into the house, in your outfit....I was shocked. But then I saw how nervous you looked, how shy. How fragile."

Cassie felt the butterflies again. She turned her hand around and slipped her fingers into his. She tilted her head up towards him. "You made me feel safe."

He lowered his head, pressing his forehead against hers. A long moment passed in silence, save for the ticking of a grandfather clock in the corner. She could feel his soft breath on her face. She closed her eyes and felt the confused thoughts in her head melt away, a clarity forming in her mind that made the decision for her. A decision she had never considered she would ever have to make. She knew it was wrong, that her boyfriend lay asleep somewhere else in the enormous old house.

It took just the tiniest movement of her head for her lips to gently brush against his. She felt his fingers curl into hers and she kissed him, their lips moving together in perfect unison. She felt a tingle down her spine and in that instant moment, knew she'd made the right decision. He wrapped his right arm around her, pulling her tightly into him. She felt small against his athletic frame, her head head tilted up as they kissed. She felt his tongue slip into her mouth, teasing against her own, tasting the whisky he'd been drinking.

He broke the kiss and pulled his head back a few inches from her. "Are you sure Cassie?" he asked, his tone serious.

She looked up at him and nodded. "Yes Charlie. I really am." She let her fingers slip from his and pushed back against his arm, freeing herself from him. "Are you?"

"From the moment I first saw you tonight," he replied.

She bit her lip, feeling the tingle down her spine again. She reached out and gently teased the crystal glass from his hand, then turned and walked towards the door. She gently closed it over then turned to see a quizzical look on his face. She placed the glass on the bookshelf to her left then slowly walked back towards him, watching his eyes focus on her.

"You made me feel sexy," she whispered as she approached him.

"You are the sexiest creature I have ever laid my eyes upon," he replied, his voice low.

She took his right hand and pulled it towards her, closing her eyes as she guided it to her left breast, pressing his hand against her, just the diamond netting separating the palm of his hand from her bare skin. "I want to be yours," she whispered.

He took a deep breath, his large hand fully covering her breast. He stepped closer, fingers of his left hand gently pressing under her chin, tilting her head up to him. He pressed his lips softly against hers, a gentle caring kiss, then he pulled his hand away from her chest and took a half step back, his eyes slowly casting down her body. She let her arms fall to her side as her heart beat raced.

"You are perfect," he whispered, his hands moving forward, fingers gently taking hold of the hem of her dress. He looked into her eyes, almost as if asking for permission and she nodded at him. He slowly started to raise his hands, his eyes focussing on each inch of bare tummy as she felt her dress peeling upwards on her body. His hands pressed against the gentle curve of her hips as he carefully lifted up the dress, still clinging tightly to her body. She raised her hands up, moaning softly as she felt the dress peel up over her breasts. He continued, gentle attention as he carefully pulled the dress over her head, helping to pull each tight sleeve off her arms. She giggled as her devil horn headband got intwined in the dress, using her own hands to help free it.

He chuckled softly as she tossed the headband onto the floor before flicking her long pigtails over her shoulders. Then his eyes fell to her naked upper body and he groaned softly. He bowed his head and kissed her again, a little firmer than before. She closed her eyes and felt his lips on her chin, then neck, just above the plastic red choker. He continued, gently kissing downwards until she felt his lips on her right breast. She let out a little moan, his tongue licking around her small nipple, his hand gently covering her left breast, thumb tracing around its underside. He kissed across her chest, making her moan again as his lips took her nipple into his mouth, sucking softly. She felt both nipples become erect, her body tingling with excitement.

His hands slid to her sides and he started to slowly crouch, kissing down the centre of her slim body, his tongue teasing her belly button, hands now on her hips. She looked down to see him place gentle kisses on her skin, just above the lace waistband of her black panties. She bit her lip as she felt him carefully tease her panties downwards, seeing him lean his head back as he gently tugged them down her thighs.