Ring of Fire Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're right. I guess it's just a matter of how." I was naked in the middle of a forest; I couldn't walk back there even if I tried.

Paige looked up at the dark sky. There was motion, an invisible, unseen force traveling through the trees. "I think you'll find a way. Keep the coat."

I watched as Paige put the necklace back on. She would be watching from afar.

"Nate," I said in a whisper. "You can come back now."

The rustling became louder, revealing two red eyes staring me down.

"Are you able to speak now?"

The figure shook his head. Again, that made sense; since he could breathe fire, there was a likelihood he had severely damaged vocal cords. He landed at my feet, bowing before me as if he was my servant.

I placed my hand to his chin, lifting his face, so that he might look me in the eyes.

We were not a master and slave (like my relationship to Remy), we were equals, friends. I brushed my lips to his, tasting his blood. He smiled.

Nate looked at me with warm, kind eyes, like the father I always wanted. I leaned closer, to kiss him, holding my lips just shy of his. His breath tasted like sweet almonds, ashes and cherry cough syrup. I cupped his face, running my fingers through his hair. "Share my powers." I lifted the water bottle to his lips, but before I allowed him to sip, I pierced my fingertip (with my nail) adding a single drop of my own blood. The water shimmered with a golden glow.

He took a small, sip, followed by a longer drink.

I put my arms around him, gliding my nails down his back. "Let's go save your son." (And maybe Roberto and Raynee if they were still alive.)

12