Rising Sap Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When I take it, I realize it's not a business card at all -- it's a photo of Scotty. It's his school picture from first or second grade. I distinctly remember this day, because Scotty was extra defiant, wanting to style his hair in an updo -- and it mortified Yasmine because all she wanted was a beautiful collection of school photos. It made Eric and I cackle, though, seeing the self-satisfied smirk on Scotty's face, all dolled up in a bowtie with his hair gelled and reaching up to the heavens.

As I look at the photo, I can't tell if I want to laugh or cry in appreciation. "Keep it in your wallet," Scotty says. Clearly he's playing into that whole dad/son fantasy of his, but I love it. The thought of pulling out my wallet in public, of cashiers and bartenders asking me if that's my boy... It warms my heart.

"You're really laying the dad thing on thick," I tell him with a grin. Then, I give him a grateful kiss. "Thank you, kiddo."

"You're welcome," he says happily. "And... Merry Christmas."

I help him with his bags and see him off. We enjoy one more kiss through the window before I watch Scotty drive away, waving. Even though I would love to spend Christmas together, Scotty has left me with a powerful, incessant warmth that will keep me smiling through the holiday. I know it.