All Comments on 'Rivkah's Awakening'

by grenefire

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 1 year ago

Thank you for sharing your unique perspective. It is a beautiful and brilliant coming-of-age story. The Literotica categories (like all categories) can be confining; this could just as well have been filed under "First Time." It is a pleasure to read because of your command of the language -- your ear for le mot juste and your mastery of the elements of your writerly craft (spelling, punctuation, grammar, and the like). I'm delighted with this introduction to your stories. Clearly, definitely 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautiful story. So well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

an ultra-orthodox girl being sent to a Catholic university? Really?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Mixing of present and past tense should be avoided. There seemed to be little to no anxiety or doubt in her mind about being a lesbian and her coming out was barely mentioned at all. I’m sure such an event in her faith would have resulted in her ostracism from her family and friends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sweet story but like another said she's super old testament jewelry and had Jesuit teachers and going to a catholic school?

grenefiregrenefireover 1 year agoAuthor

This may seem weird to people unfamiliar with the Orthodox Jewish world but it is fairly common for women to attend classes at Jesuit universities like Fordham University or Georgian Court University.

sueberlinersueberlinerabout 1 year ago

So, so, so very spot on. Been there, done that & have the T shirt. Well almost as I didn't have the good sense at the tier to remove my quite lush bush, LOL. In my case they sent me to Thomas Edison State University in Trenton, NJ where first learned about my Lesbian tendencies & later my newly embraced life style.

FireStillBurningFireStillBurning8 months ago

Definitely a most different type of story. Having zero knowledge of Orthodox Jewish life in the NYC area it was a good introduction. Also nicely paced & the contrast between the girl from Florida & her lifestyle & the main character were very striking. Thanks for a glimpse into that world👍

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story. I have known women from different conservative backgrounds: evangelical Christian, Catholic, Jewish, etc., and it is true how their views of sexuality are often strongly conditioned by their "Faith of origin." Those patterns are hard to override, and for many, if not most, there is the fear of being "cast out" (in the Biblical sense) from their community and often from their families. This story was beautiful in how Rivkah was strong enough in herself to be open to practices and challenges completely outside her cultural experience. And Brianna was the perfect fit, as she was completely authentic and genuine, realizing how special Rivkah was. At the end, when it came out that Rivkah's mother was supportive of her daughter's choices makes me wonder if she too had a similar experience before marrying so she was more accepting. I have read many stories on this site where the families were not so compassionate, particularly Christians who are supposed to follow the path of Love and forgiveness. Sad.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

"I have read many stories on this site where the families were not so compassionate, particularly Christians who are supposed to follow the path of Love and forgiveness. Sad."

I am not religious but at this point this is annoying.

Bravo! How brave of you giving the Christians hell.

"Love & Forgiveness" for those who repent.

Where in the Bible does God say "you slay girl" or "love is love" or "you be you" or "sodom and gomorrah were destroyed by accident"

Now since you are part of the "inclusive community" show you are better than Christians and show LOVE!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Whatever. Your vituperative invective seemed to obscure whatever point you were trying to make. I make my observations based on 50 years of studying the three great Abrahamic traditions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. And, in spite of waves of authoritarianism and intolerance in each of these great traditions, they all have an inner, often hidden, tradition of compassion and love. Often this is rejected by so-called "pillars of the Faith," but that does not negate the living truth of love which we can only strive to emulate in our own lives, all petty judgments aside. Bless you for your participation in the conversation, but the main point should be that the writer did a marvelous job of conveying a lovely story of two women able to reach beyond their conditioning to find that deeply intrinsic Love that underlies all of existence, if we can only learn to resonate with it.

Charlotte35fCharlotte35f27 days ago

Lovely and sweet. I was led here by your liking my Orthodox-based story "Cabin".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergrenefire@grenefire
November 16 update: I am working on three new original stories. If you are interested in me writing sequels to any of my previous work, please let me know!