Robert & Alexis Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Fortunately for me, I was on the other side of the bed that was between us. Which meant the bed was blocking her view of her panties on the floor around my ankles.

Thinking fast, I came up with an explanation.

"Oh, hey babe. Got back a few minutes ago. Just changing."

"Oh? I didn't hear you come in?" She inquired.

"Really? Cuz, I called for you and you didn't answer. I thought maybe you went to get breakfast or something."

Alexis' expression relaxed. I guess that was good enough for her.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me, walking around the bed to get to me.

"I-I'm okay. Just a bit hungover." I managed to sweep her underwear under the bed, out of sight, before she came over.

When she reached me, she put her arms around my neck and planted a long kiss. I felt a little silly standing naked next to her. Knowing her, though, she probably didn't mind.

"I bet. You need to hold your liquor a little bit better, hon'," Alexis joked.

"You're tellin' me," I chuckled nervously.

"Did you see us?"

"What?"

"From last night? Where we found you, I thought maybe you were watching us like a weirdo and passed out from the booze."

"Honestly, I don't remember much from last night. I think I blacked out around the time we made it to the pool," I suggested.

"That makes sense," Alexis scoffed.

"What does that mean?"

"It's nothing. You were just acting...a little weird, that's all."

"Oh."

I think she was talking about how I couldn't perform in front of Alan with her. I hope she doesn't bring it up. Hell, I hope it doesn't happen again!

"So I take it you and Alan got a little busy last night again?" I asked, knowing full well what the answer was.

"Yes, we did," Alexis answered, looking a little embarrassed. "Are you still okay with that?" She looked me in the eyes when she asked me, waiting to see if I was about to answer honestly.

"Yes," I said, forcing a smile. "I just want to make sure you're okay with it too."

"I am...surprisingly."

"No regrets?"

"None so far. I know, I'm surprised myself. I never thought in a million years I would go for something like this. I still think it's crazy! But I have to admit, it's a lot of fun!"

"Well, that's good."

"But the only reason I'm doing this is because of you. I want to make you happy on our honeymoon. I like to think you would do anything for me to make me happy."

Thinking about her doing this to make me happy made me feel a little sick. This is the last thing I wanted her to do. She was supposed to be just for me. That's what marriage means.

I must've looked sick too because it prompted Alexis to ask me if I was feeling okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Still feeling a little hungover," I lied.

"You should've had what Alan gave me. It's this special drink that's suppose to make you feel better if you're hungover. It tastes like shit, but it worked. I feel much better now."

She drank it already! How long has it been then?

"Actually, Alan did give me some when I woke up. It's probably just taking awhile to kick in. When did you take it?"

"Not that long ago. Like 10, 15 minutes ago, maybe?"

If she's accurate then I have at least 15 minutes to convince her to...oh, God. I just remembered what I have to persuade her to do. I got a little sick again.

"Are you sure you're okay, babe? You look a little sick. Are you sure you drank the same stuff Alan gave me?"

"No, no, I did. I just remembered something I wanted to run by you."

"Oh, yeah! Alan texted me just a minute ago, right before you came in. He said you had something big to tell me, and that he wanted me to tell him what my thoughts were. So what is it, babe?"

For a few seconds, I forgot how to breathe.

Of course he would do that. It's his way of making sure I'd go through with it.

"Uhhh...sit down, will ya? Let me put something on real quick. Feel kinda silly being naked in front of you like this, ya know?"

"I don't mind," Alexis winked at me, as we broke from our embrace and sat down on the edge of the bed.

I chuckled nervously as I put on whatever clothes I could find.

"So here's the thing. I spoke with Alan this morning. He opened up to me. A lot. I think he felt obliged to do so since we've been...I mean since you..and him...you know what I mean, right?" I said putting on one of my boxers.

"Right?" Alexis answered suspiciously.

"Uhh, yeah, anyway, ummm...did you know he's never been married before?" I said putting on some socks.

"Yeah, he mentioned that to me. It surprised me. I mean a guy like him. Makes you wonder?"

"Right. Anyway, he seemed pretty upset when he mentioned it. I felt pretty bad for the guy. I thought what could I do to help him, ya know?"

"Umm, well I like to think that letting him sleep with your wife seems plenty enough, don't you think?" Alexis laughed.

"Right." Damn, didn't see that coming. I put on my favorite Star Wars t-shirt before continuing. "But, then I thought of something else. Something better that would make him really happy."

Alexis gave an inquisitive look, not knowing what I was about to say.

"What?" She asked.

Here goes nothing.

"How would you feel...about being...his...wife...for about...24 hours?"

I held my breath waiting for Alexis to say something. She didn't react at first. It was only when she realized I wasn't going to say anything else, did she finally talk.

"Are you kidding?" She asked me, smiling a little as if she was ready to laugh when she heard me say it was just a joke. I really do wish I could say that.

"Ummm...no?" I put on one of my cargo shorts.

Alexis again didn't say anything again. She just stared at me, waiting for me to say something else.

Then, she laughed a little, thinking maybe that would prompt me to laugh and say it was all a joke.

I remained expressionless.

"But I'm already married. To you," Alexis added.

"Right, well, that's another thing. We...would have to," oh god how am I saying this, " we would have to get our marriage annulled."

I don't know how I was able to say any of that. I must be either dedicated or desperate. Or both.

"Oh my God, you're not kidding," Alexis said. She stood up, getting into offensive mode.

"Look, after your day as his wife is over, you'll annul your marriage with him and we can get married again. And, and this time here at the resort. Wouldn't, wouldn't that be romantic?"

I approached her trying to hold her but she avoided me, trying to get away from me.

"That has got to be the most fucked up thing I have ever-" she stopped mid-sentence. Alexis grabbed her head as if she was getting a headache.

When she thought the pain subsided, she continued.

"I mean, what husband would ever," she quickly stopped again, massaging her head.

Alexis sat back down on the bed, using both hands to massage her head.

"Are-are you okay, babe?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah, just my head. It hurts all of a sudden."

"Here why don't I-" I tried reaching for her head but she flinched.

"Don't. I'm okay." Alexis continued to massage her head for a bit before speaking again.

"Do you have any idea how crazy your idea is?" Alexis said calmly this time. "I mean, it's sweet but..." Alexis didn't know how to finish her sentence.

I wonder if her headache was just a coincidence, or was it a result from the drug? I fully expected for her to go bat-shit crazy on me, but she didn't. I've known her to argue and fight even when she's sick. It's that Mexican passion that keeps them hot-blooded. But it looks as if Alexis was giving up her argument, and resorting to a compromise. How bizarre.

"I know it's asking a lot. But like I said: Alan and I spoke a lot about it this morning. I suggested this idea to him and, like you, he was very reluctant. But after I explained the plan more thoroughly, he came around. But he said he would only go through with it if you're okay with it. What do you think?"

Alexis finally stopped massaging her head. She turned to face me. Alexis had on a sympathetic look.

"I'm not sure I like you talking about me like that with a stranger. Even if it is with Alan," she said.

But it's okay for you to sleep with him, I thought. I didn't want to make the situation more intense so I decided not to speak my mind. Plus I knew I was in the wrong with that one.

"Sorry," was all I said.

"Honestly, I think this is a crazy idea. I never thought you would ever suggest something like that. I can't think of any husband who has ever done something like that. And for good reason!" Alexis looked at me like I was crazy. "But the more I think I about it...the more I can't help...but think it's an act of kindness."

I felt a mixture of relief and agony. Not a great feeling, overall.

"Really? You think it's a good idea?" I pressed on.

"I don't know about that, but I can't help but feel like it would help Alan out a lot. He's had a rough past and after what we three have been through already, I guess it would be alright."

I can't believe it worked. I had hoped and dreaded that it wouldn't work. But here she is, sitting next to me, telling me she's ready to end our marriage so she could marry my sadistic boss, thinking it's my idea. I felt sick all over again.

Alexis grabbed a hold of my hand, unexpectedly.

"Do you promise me, we'll be married again as soon as it's done? You still love me, right?"

I felt like crying now. I can't believe she still loves me after messing with her opinions and thoughts. Hearing her say that, however, has made me feel a little better.

"I mean, Alan is good-looking and a gentleman, but it's you I'm in love with. Not him. I'm doing this crazy idea because it's your idea. And also to help a really great guy out."

Hearing her say that this was all my idea hurt me. But all that mattered was that she still loved me in the end. Nothing else mattered.

"Of course, Alexis. This is just temporary."

Yeah. "Temporary," I thought. It's only temporary.

Alexis leaned in to kiss me to which I gladly accepted and returned. I peered over at the bedside clock to see it was 8:03 am.

I broke our kiss and told her we had to get going.

"Why? What's the rush?" She asked.

"Well, we have to go to the courthouse and get our marriage annulled," I said, looking for my sandals.

"Wait, you want to do this today?"

"Yeah. When did you think we want to do it?"

"I-I don't know, but I didn't think today."

"Well don't you want to get this out of the way so we can enjoy the rest of our own honeymoon?"

"I...guess...?" Alexis said with uncertainty, grabbing her head once again. The drugs probably kicking in again one last time before the effects wear off.

*

The next two hours went by in a blur. Alexis, me, and Alan went to the courthouse to get my marriage with Alexis annulled. She went back to her original name: Alexis Mariana Ortega.

Getting our marriage annulled was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Alan explained the island we're on belongs to a nearby foreign country whose diplomatic relations with the United States was a little rocky. Apparently, our laws didn't hold much weight in this country, therefore making our marriage easy to terminate. I thought the whole process was ludicrous.

As soon as we were done with that, we had to go to a different room for marriage certificates.

The marriage process was just as painless as the annulment. Alexis kept glancing at me, making sure I was okay with the whole thing. Every time she looked my way, I sport a wide smile, erasing any doubt she had. Alan, on the other hand, was thrilled the entire time. I can't imagine how he gets off from this twisted plan.

When both Alan and Alexis signed the last of the papers, they were officially married. There was now documented proof that my Alexis was married to my evil boss, Alan. This was going to haunt me for a long time. The icing on the cake was that I had to sign my signature on the marriage certificate as a witness. Now, anyone who sees the certificate will think I was a willing participant.

As soon as all the documents were finalized, Alan grabbed my- I mean his, wife, dipped her, and planted a long, passionate kiss. Some people nearby who saw them clapped and cheered.

"Congratulations," Alan said to Alexis, "you are now Alexis Mariana McCarthy. Has a nice ring to it, don't ya think?"

"I still can't believe we went through with this," Alexis said in disbelief. "I must be out of my mind to let you two talk me into this. But...I have to say, I'm glad we did this." Alexis was in Alan's arms as she spoke. I stood next to them not sure what to do. Or how to feel, even.

"I'm doing this for you, Alan. Now you'll know how what it's like to be married for a day. I hope it will be everything you expected."

"Oh, I know it will, Mrs. McCarthy," Alan confirmed. Alexis then turned her attention to me.

"And I'm doing this for you too, babe. This is so sweet and romantic of you to do."

Alexis stepped away from Alan to come towards me. She put her arms around my waist, and mines hers.

In the corner of my eye, I noticed I caught the attention of several people who were in the courthouse. They were all looking at us with grim faces.

"Thanks, babe, for doing this," Alexis said, breaking my thoughts. "I'm glad you talked me into doing this."

As I was ready to accept a kiss from her, a commotion occurred from behind us. One of the officers of the court stepped in between us, forcefully pushing me away from Alexis.

Another officer was about to push away Alexis when Alan stepped in to stop him.

"What's going on?" Alexis cried out. Several natives in the courthouse started arguing in their language as if they were angry about something me and Alexis had done.

One of the officers who spoke English approached us.

"You," the officer pointed at me, "are not allowed to touch her in that manner. She is not your wife. It is forbidden on this island to behave that way with another man's wife. You can go to prison," he explained.

"Are you serious? But she's...I mean..."

"Yes!" the officer interjected. "It is a serious offense. If you are caught with another man's wife in an inappropriate manner, you will go to prison. Do you understand?"

I was shocked. I didn't know this island took the sanctity of marriage so seriously like that. If only they knew what Alan had done to me. To Alexis. Then he would be the one being threatened with jail time. Not me. The whole thing was absurd.

"Sir," the officer turned his attention to Alan. "Would you like to press any charges against this man, for acting inappropriately with your wife?"

I almost lost it when I heard that. I felt so powerless and small. The law in this county was going to be on Alan's side from here on out.

"No, wait, you can't be serious!? He didn't-" Alexis was about to defend me until Alan interrupted.

"That won't be necessary, officer. We were unaware of that law and wouldn't have done so had we known. I promise you it won't happen again."

"See to it, it does not." The officer warned.

Alan thanked the officer and exchanged handshakes. The officer shot me a threatening look before walking away, calming down other people who witnessed me and Alexis embracing.

"Is that a real law?" Alexis asked Alan.

"I guess so. I've never been married before so I never knew that law existed. We're going to have to be careful from here on out. Alexis, Robert: I think it's best you interact as little as possible so that no one gets the wrong idea. The last thing I want is for either of you to end up in jail here."

Alexis shot me a sad look but nodded without saying a word. My heart had been broken already and now it's being grounded to dust. I wasn't allowed to be with Alexis in any physical way, as long as she was married to Alan. This was a whole new level of torment.

I think Alexis was feeling the same way. She just stood there with her arms crossed, looking sad. In the verge of tears even. I wanted to comfort her and was about to damn the law about being with another man's wife. But Alan beat me to it. Legally speaking, he was the only one who can touch her.

"Hey," Alan said, grabbing her by the waist, "it's going to be okay. You two will be together again, I promise. I can't thank you both enough for doing this. I'll make sure everything gets set right when we're done. Okay?"

Alexis smiled sheepishly. She let Alan put his arms around her, as he hugged her.

"I actually have the whole day planned out already. That is if you still want to go through with this. What do you say, Mrs. McCarthy? Ready to be my wife for a day?"

Alan raised her head up by the chin. There was a single tear coming down from her right eye but she still gave him a smile. Alan wiped the tear away, as she nodded.

"Do you still want to do this?" Alexis asked me.

Alan looked at me with satisfaction, already knowing what I was going to say.

"Of course. It's my idea after all, right?" I smiled my practiced fake smile.

Alexis smiled her genuine smile.

"So what now?" She asked both of us.

"Well, like I said, I have the whole day planned out. There's more to see and do on this island, believe it or not."

I'm not aware of his plan today but I did not want to know. In fact I really didn't want to go. I just wanted to be back at the room and just wait til the whole thing was done. But I had a strong feeling that was not part of Alan's plan.

"And I think it's only fair that Robert comes along with us. His presence is just as important. In fact, he mentioned he wouldn't mind documenting our time together."

Alexis looked worried. Alan had his arm around her shoulder but she had her arms crossed.

"I think I want Robert to come too if he wants, but I don't think it's a good idea if he takes pictures of us. I just don't want the wrong people to see it."

That made sense. If any of our family and friend's ever find out what happened here, everyone would go ballistic. Especially Alexis'. Coming from a close-knit family, they wouldn't understand and would probably blame me for it. I wanted to mention to Alan that it wasn't such a good idea but he reassured me and Alexis.

"Any videos or pictures from today will only be for me to see. I also can't afford anyone to see what we've done today. It would affect my business negatively and most likely ostracize myself from family, friends, and colleagues as well. Alexis, Robert, you have my word that I will not share whatever happened today with anyone else. I promise you." That was more directed towards Alexis. She gave him a relaxed smile and nodded in agreement.

"Excellent! Before we get started, there is something else I want to mention." Alan offered. "I feel that it would be disrespectful to Robert if you wear his wedding ring while

you're married to me. That ring is a symbol of your matrimony. Wouldn't you agree?"

Alexis looked at the wedding ring I gave her. It was my mother's. It's only one carat but its sympathetic value was worth even more. Alexis loved it when I put it on her the day I proposed.

"Oh, I guess...that makes sense," Alexis said sadly.

"Don't worry. I'm sure Robert won't mind holding onto it until this is over. Right?"

Alan was not making it any easier for me with every passing minute. I fear I'm nearing my breaking point. Seeing Alexis with my mother's wedding ring meant everything to me. Now she's being told to take it off? Then again, it's probably better that she does. I don't want her to wear it while she's legally married to Alan.

"Yes, absolutely. I'll keep it safe. I promise, Alexis."

Alexis examined her wedding ring, feeling reluctant to give it up. But I guess she reached the same conclusion as I did, and took off her wedding ring and handed it to me. I put it in my pocket for now, where I'll have it ready for Alexis to put it right back on.