All Comments on 'Roderick and Gorlana Pt. 06'

by coax_me

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
SkiingphotogSkiingphotog7 months ago

Pages and pages of Rutt got silly. I ended up skimming. Great story as a whole but this is by far the weakest chapter.

RamazaRamaza7 months ago

I have to agree with Skiingphotog, the very detailed description of the Rutt was over the top, and I too found myself skimming, not the best chapter, but a great story all in all

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Just finished maniacally reading this story throughout all my free time the last days. Awesome story! Look forward to the epilogue! =)

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story. Including the rutt

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

An amazing conclusion to the story and I can only thank you for taking time out of your life to create it. Thank you. 10/10

coax_mecoax_me6 months agoAuthor

Thanks for the comments. I knew at least to some degree the Rutting scenes were over the top, but when it's THE thing that has been foreshadowed and built up to for so long I felt like I had to go all out. I tried to space them out enough so it wouldn't get too exhausting but everyone's threshold is different. I suppose I should take it as a compliment when people are that much more interested in the plot than any sexual pay-off. Believe it or not, my initial ideas for this story actually only encompassed the basic plot of the last chapter and a half, starting with the orcish arrival at andrapolis, with R&G only realizing they knew each other at that moment, the ramping up of attraction and surrender to it being much more sudden, Valessa being more one-dimensional, etc. I'm glad I decided to make it bigger, and likely better, but most of my stress with these last two parts was whether the meandering path I took, could still get me to where it was going in a plausible way. I also worried this chapter was too anticlimactic because of how the story was broken up. Maybe those things made me look past my own self-indulgence and pacing, I dunno. If I write another major story on here I'll try to get over my stubbornness and finally use an editor. Thanks again to every reader and commenter out there, this whole thing has been a weird and interesting experience. I'll try to get the epilogue written up in not too long.

AahhWhattheHellAahhWhattheHell6 months ago

Great story. Minor gripe, but I wish there would have been more scenery in the earlier instalments. The sex and some battle scenes were almost completely independent of environment for me. Still development was dead on and the characters became very real to me. 5* all the way.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thank you for a wonderful two-year-long voyage. I've enjoyed it thoroughly.

As for the extended rutt scenes, I agree with others; I ended up skimming much of it, but I thought it added a feeling of verisimilitude to what both the couple and their companions were going through. I actually felt sorry for you having to find new ways to say the same thing over and over with new words, just to create that effect. But I thought it added something.

Looking forward to the epilogue. Hope it's upbeat.

SkjotSkjot6 months ago

I was hoping for scenes with Yendell and his lovely bride to be. Maybe in the epilouge?

GimliOakensGimliOakens6 months ago

Wow. This was so incredibly good!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wow, more of a book than a story. A romantic military civilian tale. Different people, customs and beliefs. All woven together in a “what is next” tale. More than a 5 but so given as it was the highest rating.

EmptyOwlEmptyOwl4 months ago

The guards outside their rutting room have to be one of my favorite parts, bar none, of this epic saga! Would watch were it made into a, decent, TV adaptation ;-)

Iden_in_the_RainIden_in_the_Rain4 months ago

I really hope that Valessa will find a nobleman that is kind and/or attracted to orc women (and one that Darganya also will like), forming a poly relationship with Darganya and a noble would be the easiest solution to them. Currently on the end of page 10, though, so who knows it might happen.

I've honestly been tearing up at multiple points thus far, especially when Darganya burst through Valessa's door.

Richard1940Richard19404 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this saga. thank you, 5* all the way

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercoax_me@coax_me
Simply a longtime reader that started to delve into writing a bit myself, and decided to share some of it on here.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES