Roderick and Gorlana Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Roderick barely noticed them. Gorlana's essence filled him and the growing changes in his body that he had been feeling over the morning suddenly were spurred into new intensity. He saw Gorlana's nostrils flare as she had finally gotten close enough to smell him too. Her bosom rose high in a deep strong breath and her mouth gaped open. Her fingers and arms flexed and her wide eyes went from disbelieving relief to an almost maniacally passionate stare.

"Roderick!" she shouted again hoarsely, lurching forward.

"Stop her!" Valessa screamed in sudden panic. "Don't let her hurt him!"

The orcs near to Gorlana had already re-grasped her arms, and glanced at Valessa in confusion, but quickly focused back on Gorlana to hold her back nonetheless. Gorlana snarled and flailed her body against them caring nothing for anything but getting to the one she craved for, breathing heavy husky breaths each seeming to drive her more and more wild in her rutting frenzy.

Faringoll grasped Gorlana's shoulder and whispered desperately, "Not now Gorlana. Not here. Not yet. Be strong."

Zurgana muttered, holding her back as well, "Strength cousin. You may have abandoned your honour, but at least do not abandon your strength."

Gorlana gritted her teeth and huffed, calling out Roderick's name again in a furious passion, but finally let up enough to allow them to drag her back out of the circle and into the crowd of orcs who were quickly milling about and talking more loudly and urgently.

Valessa stared at her with an almost disturbed fear, calling out "Try to calm her down! Please tell her I will make this right. That I am deeply sorry for the loss of her mate! That I beg her not to do or say anything rash until we meet and work this out!" Though few heard her in the growing cacophony of the crowd.

Yendell shared a concerned look with Faringoll from a distance, wondering if she had heard, wondering what she knew, as he held down his bleeding friend. Roderick was also trying to push his way forward towards Gorlana, but thankfully had less strength left to do it, as they restrained him, and tended to his wounds, the others assuming he was still frenzied from the duel.

Suddenly Nardill's voice shouted from behind them, "You will stand down!"

A Rechlinger replied, "You expect us to pretend at honour after THIS?!"

"You will not shed blood here," Torvrul commanded as well, though with an uncharacteristic doubt in his voice.

"Our Chieftain is dead from treachery! How can we still follow your clans?!"

"We will speak on it, and determ-"

"No! We are done with speaking! We are done with this wretched place!"

Roderick was only faintly aware of the happenings around him. More and more Andralian soldiers spilling into the grounds. Flashing of spears at not just Rechlingers, but the Orthalian orcs as well. Valessa shouting to keep the peace though sounding anything but calm herself. Darganya and Yendell eventually convincing Valessa that only the Rechlingers were threatening violence, and to focus her soldiers on 'helping' only those orcs in particular to leave the palace without spilling blood. The rest of the Orthalians agreeing to meet in the hall as soon as possible for an emergency meeting, after everyone had composed themselves. Roderick didn't know how they would settle it. He didn't know what was assumed or known by whom, but he let himself be led out of the grounds, looking back over his shoulder and still lurching in occasional resistance to try to run back to Gorlana. Despite everything teetering at the edge of chaos around him, he felt like she was the only thing that could possibly matter.

...

"No, Roderick, listen, it doesn't matter. I don't need to know the specifics. I told you to spend time with her last night. I told you to dance with her, to entertain her. I didn't think of her husband. It's my fault as much as yours. I should have considered he might get jealous, but I wouldn't have thought it could possibly escalate to... THAT. Is that why you were hesitant? I should have listened to you. I'm so sorry. I should know to trust your instincts."

Roderick simply sat and continued to eat, fighting a futile battle against his roiling instincts. If he trusted them right now he would find himself pushing Valessa and everyone else aside to barge out of the room and run through the palace shouting Gorlana's name until he found her and mated with her then and there. He had demanded food the moment they stepped back into the palace, his pulsing body aching for more energy. The professor and two assistants busied themselves finishing the bandages and dressings on his hand and his foot, the bleeding controlled more quickly than they expected. He paid them as little mind as Valessa. He simply focused on the food, knowing it at least served a purpose towards what he wanted. Eat. Breathe. Stay... for now. It was all he could do. He didn't think he had the presence of mind even to speak. He clawed at calmness as his veins bulged and sweat dripped down his neck. He harnessed every ounce of will to stay seated and reassure himself he would see Gorlana soon.

"But why? Why did you have to just go and fight him like an animal in the wild? The guards would have protected you. We're in Andralia dammit, in the royal palace, why can't you ever seem to belong-..." Valessa stopped her chastising words and gave him a pitying look. "I'm sorry I just... Oh Gods and now you've killed him. You've killed her prince-consort. I can still see the rage on her face, the snarling animal passion. She would have killed you in vengeance right then and there if she hadn't been stopped. Even if the others are willing to talk they'll still see it in the same way. I don't know what I can do Roderick, how to get you out of this mess you've made now... what I can offer them. I don't know how I can salvage this, but I have to try."

"Let her have me. I'm no good to you anymore. I'm sorry Valessa," Roderick muttered in a slow broken cadence, having to focus and force himself even to say those words, staring distantly, almost entranced in his efforts to keep his trembling overheating ravenous body seated and calm as he focused on shovelling down more food, instead of rushing out the door to Gorlana.

"No! No Roderick that's not true. I..." Valessa covered her mouth as her eyes moistened. "Oh Gods but you would sacrifice yourself for the realm wouldn't you? Oh Roderick my foolish darling, you've put your life on the line for our country so many times, and now..." she exhaled in a shaking breath and kissed his forehead. "I will try. I will talk to the other nobles, and I will see if... Dammit I'm their princess, I will make them agree and help me find something that can appease them, that can salvage this agreement and let me keep our peace, as well as your life."

Roderick simply looked up at her with eyes of fearless resignation, though at least a hint of regret, as he chewed. Somewhere in his mind he registered her false assumptions, and he was almost about to attempt to speak again, but was distracted by the Sage finishing the bandages on his hand. He flexed his remaining fingers and nodded in satisfaction.

Professor Beleros had seemed to be deliberately avoiding addressing the Princess and focusing intently on his work, but finally looked up, "Princess, I know you are his fiance, but we need to undress him to do a thorough examination and ensure there is no further internal injury, in addition to... other changes," he cleared his throat.

"Yes, thank you Professor, I need to rush off and speak with a few people before the talks anyway, but the meeting NEEDS to happen right away, before this spirals into even more chaos. Make sure you and everyone else goes directly to the hall as soon as he is tended to." Valessa turned to Roderick, furrowing her brow and placing her hands on either side of his head with a searching stare, "Oh Roderick, you're likely in shock, I can see you're having trouble thinking straight. It's unfair to have to involve you in these conversations, but when it's your life that's on the line, how can I not? Though I think I trust you when you say you're willing to..." she closed her eyes tightly and stopped herself from sobbing for a moment before hardening her face, "Listen. I promise you I WILL do all I can to save you. But, if it comes down to a choice between you and the realm... Roderick, I don't know if I can fight a war for you."

Roderick simply nodded, and met her gaze serenely as she contorted her face in frustrated sorrow, and kissed his forehead before rushing off.

Darganya, almost forgotten across the room near the door, glanced between them with an ongoing look of intense bewildered curiosity.

The Professor stood uncomfortably before him as the others removed Roderick's shirt and examined his chest and stomach. They made note of the prominence of his veins, the twitching of his muscles and his increased breathing rate, though the professor seemed uninterested.

"Roderick," he finally said, "I find myself torn. I act in this instance as your Physicker, and my confidentiality with regards to my patient's medical information is a pact I do not take lightly. Yet, neither is my duty to the Princess, and it might be considered near treasonous for me to keep the knowledge of your Orcish Rutt from her. Though I don't know how long we can keep her in ignorance. I suppose my duty is not so much to her, but more to the realm. So, I have kept silent so far, wondering if she is more likely to do damage to the realm finding out before, after, or during this pending meeting."

Yendell spoke up from behind him, "At least some of the soldiers who happened to be around at the duel heard and saw enough to know what's what. Word will spread for sure."

"As rumour, that may be dismissed at first," Beleros pondered. "Do you think this meeting, if it goes poorly, might turn violent?"

Korboq shook his head, "True Orthalian orcs of honour will not seek to shed blood in a meeting hall. Though... it has happened."

"Would the orcs accept Roderick as their Queen's new mate? Or would the rest of them truly want him dead?"

Korboq shifted uncomfortably, "I have not spoken with them since the duel, but I suspect they are split. And, it is not only Roderick they will have issue with, it is Gorlana, and her breaking of honour for her interference in Talbidagar. I do not know how they will approach this."

Beleros sighed, "I suppose we'll just have to wait and find out. I will stay silent then. Though I don't know whether it is out of intelligent restraint or craven avoidance at this point."

"Unbecoming of a Sage to interfere with politics," one of the apprentices muttered in a quiet recitation.

Beleros gave a chortling scoff, "Excuse enough I suppose," then asked, "Are the chest and abdomen alright?"

"Bruising and cracked ribs though less than we might have expected, increased bowel sounds, and overall his metabolism seems to be thrown into a gallop."

"Indeed, lower his pants, let's ensure there's no other injuries."

They did so and stood in silent blinking hesitation before continuing.

Beleros cleared his throat, "Assessment?"

"Um... Duke Roderick, do your testicles hurt?"

Roderick picked up a large morsel of meat off the plate and chewed as he stood, shaking his head and finally responding slowly, "No pain there."

"Ah, so I suppose it's not swelling and warmth as a result of blunt trauma, but instead from..."

"Um, yes, indeed. Fetch the calipers, and document it all for later," the professor said.

...

Gorlana's chest heaved, veins pulsing on the surface of her bulging breasts. Her skin seemed to sizzle, emanating from a core of heat deep within her loins, swelling with anticipation. Her hips felt ready to burst through the sides of her pants, and the muscles of her thighs twitched in restlessness. She wanted to rip off all of her clothes and run to him. Instead she turned her attention again to the large plate of food in front of her, at least satisfying one of her ravenous needs.

"What, by the Blinded Sun God are we going to do!?"

"I don't know! I don't fucking know!"

Gorlana listened silently as Carthala, Faringoll and Zurgana paced the room in front of her. She was already sick of their conversation, going nowhere with exclamations of catastrophe. There had been no catastrophe though. Not to her. Only a miracle. Her precious love still lived. Sacrificing half his hand to defeat his enemy, not just for her honour but for her protection. Tingling energy surged through her changing body as she thought of him and she gripped the edge of the table, digging her claws in, focusing on staying seated and not charging through these chattering women and out the door to find him and mate with him like she needed to. Like she would. She would, soon, she reassured herself. She would not be kept from him. Not this time. She would eat, for now, and fill her stores to better prepare herself for him.

"If we go to war then so be it! We are Orcs are we not?!" Zurgana said.

"A war on TWO fronts. That we KNOW we cannot win. We always knew we could not fight both the Rechlingers and the Andralians at the same time and now we will have no choice," Faringoll explained

"Then if we die, we die." Zurgana said gravely, crossing her arms, though with a clear doubt in her words.

Carthala rolled her eyes, "Such insight... You don't think we already fucking know that? Of COURSE fighting a futile war is the fallback plan. Help us to figure out some alternatives to the ruin of our country! Or, at the very least find a way to ensure we get to leave this city alive!"

"Have the Rechlingers caused violence yet?" Faringoll asked.

"No," Zurgana replied. "They are less than twenty in total, so too outnumbered by the palace army. Rechlingers will never fight a battle they know they will lose. The Andralians are letting them leave though. They're already beyond the city walls, heading northwest I am told."

"Back to their home territory most likely, not to Orthanhall, and the ones there will do the same, once the word reaches them," Carthala said. "They are as good as lost to us, and will now be even more our enemies than before."

"Denouncing Gorlana as our Queen will do no good to the Rechlingers at this point, with Traulch dead, they will insist on dishonour and vengeance regardless. Will it do any good for the Andralians though?"

Carthala shook her head, "I don't know for certain, but I doubt that alone would be enough. Besides, we do not have the authority. That decision must be made in Orthanhall."

"Even when it's obvious?! She abandoned honour and interfered with Talbidagar!" Zurgana exclaimed and stomped her foot.

Gorlana looked up from her plate and bore her teeth for a moment but then exhaled and continued to try to ignore them. It was hard to think, let alone say anything with the one track her mind was set on. However, she knew with perfect clarity that she would have made that decision a million times over. To save him. To truly choose him over any and all of her honour as an orc. She closed her eyes, and almost basked in the thought of finally having made that choice once and for all.

"They very well may agree with you, but it is not a decision that we three should make here and now. In fact Iringoll and the others may see such action by us as more of a dishonour than what she did. For now, she remains our Queen."

Zurgana growled and paced in frustration.

"Is there any way we could appease Valessa then, for the stealing of her mate? Land? Gold?"

"Humans are vain, but surely she would not SELL her own mate?!"

"Wait!" Faringoll said with a sudden revelation, "Maybe she would! Not precisely, but... We could offer.... a..." she seemed to struggle finding the word, "A down... ree."

"A what?"

"A down-ree. I think that's what it was called anyway. I came across it when I was reading about human marriage."

Carthala frowned, "Why would you be-"

"It doesn't matter why," Faringoll continued, "But, I read that if... a marriage needs assistance to happen, um, I think it's like if a human mate is having trouble fully matching their partner's lust and resisting her Rutt, like one being stubborn and reluctant to give up the sword and share a homestead, an offering can be made, of coin, or gifts."

"Human's don't Rutt, but regardless, that DOES sound like trading for the mate."

"No. I assumed the act of generosity spurs the mate's honour and helps them to Rutt."

"No, again they don't-... Rgh, besides that, I think you have it backwards. I vaguely recall something like this, but the gifts go the other way."

"That makes no sense," Faringoll said.

"NONE of it makes sense!" Zurgana growled.

Carthala shouted, "Enough! Faringoll you clearly do not understand how this down-ree even works."

"And you do?" Faringoll retorted, with her hands on her hips.

"No!" Carthala threw her arms in the air in wide-eyed exasperation, "No I don't!"

"Well I know it's a real thing because Yendell specifically said that he DIDN'T require any-..." Faringoll stopped herself and turned around in an embarrassed huff.

Zurgana shrugged, "We can at least keep it in our second sheaths as a fall-back plan then, if nothing else will work."

Carthala coughed a bitter laugh, "I suppose we will use whatever we can. We sit surrounded in a foreign city while our Queen Rutts for her rival monarch's betrothed. Anything less than bloodshed would be a victory."

"We will simply have to hear what the Princess has to say."

"Does she even understand what's happening? I couldn't hear all she was saying but she seemed more concerned that WE would turn violent."

"Surely she only meant the Rechlingers."

"I don't know, they barely recognize the difference, it's not just that they're noseblind, they simply don't see things the same."

"Please, they're not THAT stupid. Roderick and Gorlana are rutting for each other, everyone could see it! All she would have to do was ask and listen."

A heavy knock on the door sounded.

"And now we're likely out of time," Faringoll said.

Torvrul entered, "My apologies to interrupt your council of wisdom, high-chieftains."

Carthala's eyes narrowed and she sniffed as if to sense the honesty in his words.

Torvrul continued, "I have come to let you know you are demanded immediately in the council hall."

Faringoll stood up, "I didn't think this princess would want us flapping our tongues too long on our own. Very well."

Zurgana eyed Gorlana, "Does she really need to come?"

Gorlana looked up with a grunt and stood up, swallowing her mouthful of food, "I will not be kept from him."

Carthala sighed, "Unfortunately I think she does. But, Gorlana, please, you need to let US do the talking, and keep trying to control yourself. It... hopefully won't be for long."

"I will not go through it again without him," she growled, "I will die before I let that happen."

"We... we know. Gorlana, but we need you to stay strong, and stay silent for a while longer, so you actually can Rutt with him instead of die with him."

"I will do either. As long as it's with him."

They shared doubtful looks and shrugged, "Let's just get this over with.

...

Darganya paced uncertainly down the hall, grateful that none of her kin were around to smell her feelings and loyalties being torn in two. She was lost, both inside and out. Her wandering mind had not paid enough attention to these maze-like hallways, yet she was almost grateful for the excuse not to have to face those she knew she should be seeking out. She knew she should be speaking both to her kin, and to Valessa, to rid them each of their mistaken assumptions, yet somehow in her gut she felt that she shouldn't. She would never have thought she would have anything in common with that Sage, yet here she was, sharing his choice of cautious silence.