Roderick and Gorlana Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Suddenly Valessa rounded the corner and met her eyes. The orc-woman stopped, almost as if the small woman were a she-wolf and the large green chieftain were a deer.

"Princess," she nodded.

Valessa continued to walk quickly by her, "Darganya," she said, and nodded, making the orc turn and follow-her almost as if silently commanded.

Darganya had both a deep revering respect for her strength and presence as a leader, and somehow also a regretful pitying of her ignorance of her situation in this moment.

"What can you tell me of your sword-sisters, chieftain. Will they attend this meeting? How will they receive me?" Valessa asked frankly as her smaller legs strutted with determination down the long hallway.

"I... had not found them before they left their rooms to your summons," Darganya admitted, "So, yes they will attend this meeting, and, though I don't know what they will say, I suspect they may be less hostile than you imagine, and perhaps as uncertain as you."

Valessa tilted her head to the side and eyed her, without breaking her stride, "Is my 'smell' that obvious?" she asked with a smirk. "I've been trying not to look it."

Darganya ignored the question and instead asked, "What have you found out from your nobles princess?"

Valessa turned at her somewhat forward question and sighed, "Only that a Queen is not necessarily a dictator. I think I will be able to trust them not to raise any open argument to my concessions at least. Though, Roderick was already not entirely popular among them, I worry how they may see him now, with what we might have to sacrifice for him. He was such a boon, and now suddenly such a liability. If only I hadn't fallen in love with him besides. I'm almost starting to see the wisdom now in how other monarchs choose to marry."

Darganya eyed her uncertainly, then clarified, "So you will enter these talks, with a generous and peaceful intent?"

The princess scrunched her face, "Yes, Darganya," she said, smirking and shaking her head at the obviousness of it, "Sorry if I'm rambling. I forget politics is not your strong suit." she placed a hand on her shoulder and continued to walk.

Valessa's fingers lingered for longer than natural on her though, and after she took them away she clasped them in front of herself, fidgeting, biting her lip and then suddenly coming to a halt. Darganya took two steps forward before realizing it and stopped as well, looking back in confusion.

Valessa stepped forward and placed a hand on her wrist, as delicate as a flower petal, and tingles shot up Darganya's arm and outward to the tip of her ear, twitching at the feeling.

"Darganya..." Valessa said, looking suddenly vulnerable and doe-eyed, "Thank you. For being such a good ally," she gulped, "I mean... friend."

"I would say the same to you, your highness," Darganya replied in a hoarse whisper.

Valessa's mouth froze part way open until she finally spoke, "If... the worst comes to pass. If... I must sacrifice Roderick for the peace of my country. Will you..."

"I will understand," Darganya said, narrowing her eyes in wondering thought.

Valessa blushed, "I mean... will you be there for me. As a friend. In my grief. For... comfort."

Darganya gulped, "Yes, princess," then met her eyes more directly, "Yes... Valessa."

Valessa quickly wiped a single tear that had escaped, and then nodded in appreciation. Then, after a long breath, as if through a spell, she transformed back into her regal confident appearance.

"Thank you," she said, clearing her throat, "Was there... anything else you needed to tell me chieftain?"

Darganya stared and simply said, "No."

"Alright. You best head towards the main entrance to the hall", Valessa said, gesturing down another corridor, "I have my own entrance. If you can speak with your sword sisters before we're all seated, try to encourage them to let me do the talking."

Darganya wasn't given time to reply before the princess turned and strutted away, but muttered to herself, "Yes, I think I will."

...

Yendell watched the grand hall finish filling with attendants, choosing to stand nearer to the back, which just happened to be nearer to the exit. Couldn't hurt, he told himself. Nor could the thin chain mail he had chosen to wear under his shirt. He chuckled inside himself that he'd always wished a nobleman's hall was as simple and straightforward as a battlefield. He wondered if today, fate might unfortunately grant him his wish.

He tried as best he could to keep a stoic face, standing near the edge of where the orcish side met the human side at the top of the sunken stepwise seating in the large oval room. He supposed he might match the orcish expressions more than the humans for that matter. He nodded to Torvrul who met his eyes, too knowingly, then stared straight ahead and felt as purely human as he truly was, as the large green orc chose to walk up and stand next to him, sniffing.

"I am suspecting Nardill and Korboq have been avoiding me since this morning. I don't suppose YOU might happen to understand why?" Torvrul asked.

"Nope, though I can't say anyone's acting typical on a day like today," Yendell muttered, then made eye contact with Darganya as she walked into the room.

"Excuse me a moment," Yendell said, leaving him and walking over to Darganya, who was standing as alone as she could manage in the quickly filling room.

Darganya nodded uncomfortably, "Lieutenant," she acknowledged.

"Did you tell them? Or her?" he asked quietly.

"No," she whispered.

"Tell who, what?" Torvrul suddenly grumbled, making Yendell go stiff in surprise, having not noticed him following over his shoulder.

"Never mind," Darganya eyed him annoyedly, "There's nothing to be done about it now anyway."

"You stink of mischief, chieftain," Torvrul muttered accusingly, "I knew you as a child and you smelled the same when you were keeping knowledge of your pranks from your elders. This is not the time to sink back into your rebellious ways."

"It's NOT like that!" Darganya hissed in defence, "I swear to you I did not orchestrate this."

Torvrul sniffed her honesty and grumbled, "Fine, but what don't they know?"

Yendell came to her rescue, "You've been as much a lieutenant as I," he said to Torvrul, "I'm sure you know that... it's only natural that you don't know what you don't know. I'd say today these orcs and humans are as ignorant of each other as they've always been... only a little more-so."

Torvrul huffed in frustration, "Useless human riddles."

Darganya added, "If I had butted in, and spoken up, to either side, they likely would not have agreed to come here in peace."

Yendell nodded, "Exactly. Get them in a place where they're more likely to flap their mouths than draw their swords, and then see if they can figure it out," he said, convincing himself as much as anyone else.

"So you will not tell me," Torvrul whispered in resignation after waiting through another silence. He crossed his arms. "Do you know what is about to happen?"

She looked at him, honesty emanating from her, "No, I truly don't."

He sniffed again and nodded in half satisfaction, "Then I stand, ready for anything, as ever."

Yendell and Darganya shared a look, then both turned to meet eyes with the professor who sat at a distance at his desk with his papers, documenting the proceedings. Yendell needed no orcish nose to sense the equal uncertainty in the old man's gaze.

Yendell's whisper spoke for all three, "Gods forgive us."

Finally they all took their seats.

...

Navarin stepped forward, nervousness evident even on his usually stoic face.

He announced loudly, "Her majesty commands silence in the hall! I hereby call this meeting to order!"

Roderick barely noticed him, he barely noticed the small crowd of the most important orcs and humans in the sparse hall, as they gradually quieted their rumblings and murmurings. He barely noticed anything other than her. Gorlana sat directly across the empty floor from him, on the first platform of the oval meeting hall. She had locked eyes on him from the moment they shared the room. He could smell her, faintly. Her frustration, her painful restraint, her insatiable lust. Like an echo of his own feelings, beautiful, yet tragically out of reach. They both sat, staring, breathing, and tightly grasping the same small tables that sat in front of each attendee.

He saw the sweat pilling on her skin, the veins pulsing on her forehead, arms and breasts. Her green tits seemed to bulge bigger with every deep breathe she took. Roderick tried to look away, thinking it might help to maintain his willpower. He saw Valessa gulping, certainly looking at the same thing he was, and assuming it for rage.

It was a rage in a sense, he supposed. His own body raged as hers did, in a furious pulsing energy that screamed for its release. His muscles seemed to swell and throb, their own veins bulging, but not nearly as much as in his balls. His testicles, already changing when he awoke, had now been thrown into a hot churning frenzy. They swelled heavier with every minute it seemed, and he adjusted himself in his seat yet again. He breathed, simply moving his chest up and down, and focused on only moving that much, and no more. Not standing up, not running to her. A small dying part of his mind was still trying to care about his title, his career, his fiance, his country, all potentially at risk, yet all seeming like nothing now, compared to her.

Valessa stood, her face pale, but still firm and brave. She spoke loud and clear, "I thank you, deeply, for your honour in attending this meeting, both quickly and peacefully. I am... hopeful that such a show of respect, despite what has happened, might mean we can still reach a peaceful agreement that maintains honour for all."

The orcs surrounding Gorlana gave stoic nods, only betrayed by a glancing doubtful side-eye here and there. Valessa stood expectantly and they realized she was waiting for a response that Gorlana had no intention of giving.

Faringoll finally replied, "We thank you as well, and we too wish to reach an agreement... if that is possible."

Valessa nodded, straightening her dress and maintaining her poise, "Very well. First, I have since been told that Traulch did not die in a simple fight of jealousy, but in a formal duel of Talbidagar," she said, glaring at Navarin as she enunciated the word. "Therefore, would Roderick's victory not win him the-"

"No!" Zurgana stood up in anger, proudly holding her chin up and ignoring Faringoll's glare. "The honour of Talbidagar was NOT upheld, and he has won no titles or honour by his doings, and neither has Gorlana."

Valessa frowned in confusion at the second part of the statement but sighed and lowered her head solemnly, "I see. Then I assume an offer or a... sacrifice must be made, to make this right. Let us discuss lands and assets then," she continued quickly, glancing with worry at Roderick beside her. "May I begin by re-establishing what we had already agreed to in principle yesterday, and we will discuss what changes we might be willing to accept."

Gorlana squinted with a glare of mistrust and sat forward menacingly, but Faringoll stood up quickly with a hand on her shoulder, "Yes. Of course princess. We too would be more than willing to consider changes to our agreements as... offering, to offset any issues of honour, if it maintains peace. Please, continue," she said, eyes darting to her kin who matched her confusion at the princess' words and demeanour.

Valessa took a shaky breath, "Thank you..."

Roderick released a hot breath and readjusted himself as Valessa began reciting details. They didn't matter. Nothing mattered except Gorlana. He grasped the table with his hands, flexing his arms and readying himself to flip it over and leap over the barrier, and cross the floor to her. His mind seemed to save him at the last second by remembering a small loaf of dense bread he had squirrelled away in his pocket. He scrambled to find it and started eating the dry heavy morsel like a starving man. Valessa paused and looked at him, breaking her regal air for a second to regard him in confusion and shake her head in almost pitying disappointment as bits of food dropped from his chin, before quickly clearing her throat and continuing her speech.

"Thus, we will be willing to draw the border between us more truly at the Rampart peaks by leaving all mining operations fully at the discretion of Orthanhall." Valessa said, glaring with stubborn authority at her own nobles as they shifted. "Yet as an additional show of generosity, we would be open to still allowing Orthalia foraging rights and maintaining minimum un-logged portions of Fringeland as negotiated previously."

Valessa paused again and studied the faces of the orcs across from her, seeing their doubt and hesitation, and misreading it as dissatisfaction, she continued in nervous desperation, "And... if it would help. We might even allow the annexation of a... portion of northern Fringeland and the Upper Screes, to Orthalia, perhaps as a resettlement project, not only for Orthalians, but for any orcish or mix breeds that have... perhaps found themselves occupying Fringeland."

Several of them turned in surprised concern as she said this, including Yendell, Faringoll, and Dabirra, but it was Zurgana who blurted out, "No! Orthalia may tolerate touches of human blood, but those whose mix makes them more human than orc, cannot be Orthalian," she continued, glancing away from a sour glare from Faringoll, "Whether in Southern Orthalia or elsewhere."

"That is YOUR opinion alone! The chiefs will still debate what to do in Southern Orthalia. You do not speak for all," Faringoll retorted in anger, crossing her arms, while Korboq did the same, nearby.

"Or not!" Valessa said quickly, holding her hands in front of her in a nervous plea, "If it will cause more issues than it solves, we do not have to. Please, whatever part of these concessions might be enough... Would you accept them?"

Faringoll looked to Zurgana and Carthala, all sharing a cautious confusion, "So YOU... will simply concede these things to US, and be satisfied?"

Valessa nodded carefully.

Faringoll looked askance and asked, "Would this be a type of... Down-ree?"

Valessa's face seemed frozen for a long moment, "...a what? I... I'm sorry is this an Orcish term?"

Darganya stared bug-eyed at Faringoll, while making a desperate angry slashing gesture across her throat.

"Never mind," Faringoll said, and cleared her throat, "I think we would accept this..." she looked doubtfully at Gorlana who continued to stare and seethe, "in exchange for..."

Valessa nodded in cautious hope, "For Roderick remaining free and safe of course, here in Andrapolis, with me, despite his-"

"No!" Gorlana shouted and banged her fist on the table.

The other orc-women all closed their eyes in disappointed realization.

"I will accept NOTHING, other than HIM!" Gorlana shouted, her eyes starting to moisten.

"Please," Valessa said, eyeing her with a wary suspense, "Please there must be something to prevent you from doing or... saying anything rash..."

"I will say only that he is mine! All this talk is useless! Meaningless! I will settle only for him! Roderick!" she stood up and suddenly Carthala and Zurgana were grasping her shoulders to hold her back.

"Gorlana!" Roderick shouted back in sudden concern, seeing them subdue her and standing up himself.

"Roderick!" Valessa reprimanded him harshly, looking at him again with an almost derisive bewildered pity, "Sit down! Please, what is wrong with you? Why have you been so-... why can you never be-..." her voice started to break with frustration.

Gorlana shouted as she struggled, "I WILL fight a war for him! Give him to me, or I will MAKE this palace turn to violence. I will tell them-..." her voice cut off as Zurgana caught her in a headlock while Faringoll and Carthala held her by the arms. Gorlana bit down on the leather armour of Zurgana's forearm, growling and almost overpowering the three strong women.

Valessa's eyes bugged out for a moment looking at Gorlana in fear, and then she shot her gaze back at Roderick. She frowned in disgust as he dropped the bread and sloppily drank from the water glass on his table, while he stood, hunched over and grasping the table as he fought for self-control. She sniffed the air and cringed. Finally she dropped her shoulders, shaking her head at him in disappointed resignation.

Just when the rest of the meeting hall seemed about to panic, Valessa turned back and stomped her foot.

"Enough!" Valessa shouted. "I agree!"

The excitement died to a hush, and Gorlana relaxed in the grasp of her sword-sisters.

"I will agree. If you will keep peace, both now, and into the future," Valessa said, straightening her back with a rigid face but no tears in her eyes, "If you still agree to simply hold to our terms from yesterday. I will agree. I understand the gravity of what he has done, and that any other monarch would-..." she gulped and lifted her head high. "If you promise that no blood will be shed here and now in this hall at least. Then... I will give him up."

The orc women let go of Gorlana, all staring in disbelief.

Valessa lowered her gaze to Roderick, but did not fully turn to face him, whispering, "I'm sorry Roderick. I tried. I truly did. But, it's the only way. Andralia is more important."

Roderick looked up at her, realization escaping through his Rutt-clouded mind.

Valessa straightened again and declared in a confident stony voice, "He is yours."

Roderick looked back to Gorlana, staring at him and letting out a long breath. He looked again at Valessa, realizing she had just given him up. She thought she had just given him up to his death, willingly, sacrificing his life for the peace of the realm, but she had given him up to Gorlana nonetheless.

He turned away from her one last time and let his eyes go to the only woman that mattered. Gorlana stepped forward, away from the three orc women who traded glances in a cautious silence.

Faringoll cleared her throat, and opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted.

Roderick and Gorlana broke the stillness of the hall and shouted each others names in unison at the top of their lungs, toppling the tables in front of each of them in a loud crash.

Professor Beleros would document in detail what occurred that day in the Royal Andrapolan Meeting Hall, just as he had throughout the entire peace talks, and include it in their College's submission to the Annals of the Historical Society of the University of Parabolis. It would be rejected, with a publication of regret that a well respected Sage such as him, who had made such professional and insightful contributions to the historical archives throughout his long illustrious career would think to submit such an exaggerated and implausible accounting of events. It would lead to an investigation into his fitness to act as head Sage to the Andrapolan College with the assumption that age was affecting his mind. That investigation however, would begrudgingly conclude, through multiple corroborated accounts, that the Sage Beleros had in fact accurately reported on the events during the Orthalian peace talks and in particular the 'act' that the Duke of Fringeland and the Orcish Queen partook of publicly in the royal meeting hall. A formal letter of apology and re-submission of the account would come with a note of gratitude for the professor's candour and insistence on accuracy, with a reminder to all historical society members that indeed their field of study proves time and again, that the truth can often be stranger than fiction.

Queen Gorlana of Orthalia, and Duke Roderick, prince-to-be of Andralia, had fallen helplessly in love. A love whose sparks had ignited a brief but intense fire years ago, but who's smouldering coals had never died. They had glowed steadily more red and hot with each new meeting of their mated souls, the fuel for that furnace held back for a time but building its stockpiles nonetheless. Now, that ignition finally caught, still hidden until now to some, but obvious and perhaps inevitable to others. An explosion of that fire of love erupted, openly and brilliantly before the eyes of both realms on that day.

1...34567...17