Roller Coaster Ride Ch. 05

Story Info
Christmas Down Home; new prospects.
14.8k words
4.39
4k
4

Part 5 of the 18 part series

Updated 08/03/2023
Created 01/04/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rewind64
Rewind64
62 Followers

No sex or sexual situations involving anyone under the age of eighteen; read previous chapters to understand the characters in this one.

From Chapter 4: Damn! Could I really be so dense as to miss signs about Katy and other women? About Lisa and their mom, Jolene? I am a male and therefore often oblivious to things women see clearly, but Damn! That's a lot of obliviousness!

I slip up the stairs and find Katy still sleeping soundly; a good shower, sleeping shorts, and I slip into bed and look at my beautiful wife more speculatively.

So, who are you? Have I only been seeing what I want to see? How much more is there to you than I know?

I resolve to pay closer attention to the women around me, and fall asleep to a mental picture of Joyce's head between my wife's writhing legs.

Thursday, December 23

It's a short night, as the boys arise at their normal time, play in their room, turn on the morning kids' shows on TV, and finally come get dad to fix breakfast. I let my bride sleep a little longer and go downstairs to be with and feed the boys.

At nine a very sleepy mommy appears, weathers all the love, gives me a peck, gets coffee, and asks when we are headed south. I tell her after lunch. She tells me that's great, because she needs to go get her party dresses from Joyce's shop; the alterations are done.

I nod "So, you and Joyce are pretty tight, huh? It seems like you get along well and have similar tastes in clothing."

She's noncommittal, but nods in agreement. Try one more probe, and then leave it alone, Tim.

"Want to tell me about the new dress? Did Joyce pick it out for you?"

"No, I pick out my own clothes; in fact, I advise her on clothes to stock in the store. She's good with some things, especially pants and tops, but not with dresses, jumpsuits, rompers, and things like that. The alteration I'm picking up is my dress for the Christmas Eve party, but I got a couple of other things to wear during the holidays, including for New Year's Eve. You will like all of them... a lot" she adds with a wink.

I applaud, wink, and tell her I can hardly wait, and then ask "How long do you think you'll be with Joyce?"

"It's hard to say," she answers. "If all the alterations are right, probably an hour; if they have to do more, maybe two. What are you and the boys doing?"

"They're playing and I'm packing up and loading our stuff. Is your stuff ready?"

"Let me get my makeup ready after I use it, but my suitcase is packed, and the other clothes I'm taking will go in my hanging bag, so save it for last."

"I'll pick up a bunch of BBQ about 11:00; sandwiches for our lunch and a care package for Dad and the family. You can eat when you get here, and then we will head south."

"Sounds great; I'll get dressed and go to Joyce's a little early so maybe we can eat together, sweetie."

I decide to probe in a different area. "You haven't mentioned your initiation. Did you have fun? Excited about being a Guild member, finally?" I query.

Her countenance clouds briefly, but she quickly recovers. "It was great, and thank you for supporting my efforts to get in! Perhaps we can talk about it on the way down; I want to go to Joyce's now." I accede, and head to the boys' play world.

She comes down in a sweater and loose midi skirt; it's cooler today, and supposed to be cool for several days before a blue norther roars in and gives us our annual 3-4 days of winter. Kisses for mom, and off she goes. We play for thirty minutes, after which I start one of their favorite movies and go pack.

It was a grey business suit for the Gala, but it's a Western jacket at the south Texas Christmas Eve party, so I get my Stetson hat box off the shelf, my boots, and my leather belt with one of my old calf roping buckles; going to Cowboy Up down home!

Three pounds each of brisket, ribs, sausage, pork steak, a couple of quarts of sauce to go, plus chopped sandwiches for the boys and sliced for Katy and me; ice down some Pepsi and Big Red, and we head back home. We're taking the Suburban, so plenty of room for the hot cooler kit holding the barbeque, the cold ice chest holding our drinks, and our clothes.

It's only 10:30; the boys and I are ready, but no mom. Just for the hell of it, I load them up and make a run by the dress shop. I see her black Chrysler 300 along with several other cars, and... Brooke's car?

Ruh Roh! Hope that conversation is going well and I survive the conflagration! I head home, with a vague sense of trepidation, awaiting my wife while the boys and I eat.

Katy blows in about 11, looking flushed: "I've lost more weight; she had to take up both dresses and the jumpsuit! I can eat in the car on the way; just let me get my stuff ready." With that she's up the stairs; I hear the shower run, which seems repetitive since she showered early this morning. Trying on clothes must be dirty work...

Ten minutes later, she's back. I hand her the sandwich and Pepsi, put her clothes and makeup in the car, and we head south. Within 20 minutes, she's through eating and the boys are taking their naps.

"Hon, can you help me prepare for the School Law final? My practice test and study guide are beside the console." She quickly grabs the materials, opens them, and starts asking me questions. She had promised to tell me all about the gala, but the way she hurried to help, I'm sure she is quite happy to put that off as long as possible.

I'm really good in this class, with my history and government background from undergrad and my varied work experiences, so we are breezing along until we come to the ethics and sexual harassment sections. The questions are straightforward enough, but the first situation involves a teacher who becomes aware of another teacher who is having an affair with a student. I explain that the first teacher has a legal duty to report it, or he/she could lose their certification. Katy says she didn't know that.

The second scenario involves an administrator who becomes aware of an ongoing affair between staff members and looks the other way, even though they are having sex at school. Katy looks aghast, and worried.

I explain that, again, the administrator must follow policy, which likely includes a thorough investigation and reporting what he knows to the superintendent and the proper authorities. Failure to do so makes him an accessory, and should they be caught, he would lose his certification just as they would. She looks thoughtful, but doesn't otherwise respond.

The last scenarios involve harassment, and Katy literally turns ashen as she reads the first: a principal becomes aware that a teacher he supervises is having an affair with a fellow teacher and they have had liaisons at school. Instead of turning her in, as required by policy and statute, he blackmails her into having sex with him. What happens if they get caught?

I watch her closely, and explain that she is in serious trouble and will lose her certification, but he's going to lose his certification and go to jail. Blackmail, coercion, and other laws were broken by his actions, in addition to sexual harassment. She regains some of her color, becomes quiet and pensive, and then says she didn't know any of that.

I inform her that anyone in a supervisory capacity is in violation of sexual harassment laws when they attempt to coerce someone they oversee to have sex upon threat of losing their job. Blackmail is against the law whether it is a supervisor or a peer, and forcing or coercing anyone via threats to have sex, regardless of vocational relationship, is rape. In Texas, using extortion/blackmail in sexual coercion typically results in a prison sentence of 15 years or more.

I see her processing all that, her face showing signs of relief, and she resumes the questions. So... it's true; I realize! Jennie is right about Mike Williams, and somehow Coach Sawyer is involved too.

Katy's attitude and demeanor improve immensely as we drive south, to the point that she's almost giddy when my hometown comes into view. Still nothing on the initiation, but she chatted so happily I didn't want to spoil it. I guess this means I'm leaving it up to the Baron and the Guild to do whatever needs doing. That's probably for the best: if my suspicions are confirmed, I'm put in a position of ignoring it, which I won't do, or going nuclear. I'm sure I won't be convicted when the story comes out in court, but a lot of lives will be irrevocably altered, including my own.

The 200 miles fly by while the boys sleep and my wife bubbles about how happy she is the holidays are here. Mom/Grandmomma, Dad/Papa, my siblings (Arthur/Art and Claire), their spouses (Gay and Dee), and their two daughters are all waiting, and the reunion is a near riot. Our sons have been cooped up for 200 miles, but all four kids are hyper and jumping for joy! They know Christmas Eve is tomorrow, but TODAY is for play and fun and hugs and kisses with cousins, aunts, uncles, and doting grandparents!

About 5:30, I open the chest and pull out the barbeque I kept warm in an empty Yeti. Cooler weather is in the forecast, but today is a beautiful day so we're eating on the picnic tables outside. Mom brings out the homemade potato salad, Dad brings the frijoles, Sis uncovers giant bowls of guacamole, salsa, y tostados, and Gay places a three-layer banana nut cakes in the center of each table with an admonition to wait until we finish eating!

This is a feast, and we treat it as our European ancestors would, as an hours-long opportunity for food, drink, and conversation. The kids eat first so they can play and begin burning off energy all over the 2-acre back yard.

All is good with the world, but the food, drink, and fun make everyone sleepy early, and by dark-thirty, we're turning off the outside lights, saying our goodbyes, and going to bed.

Friday, Christmas Eve

Morning comes a little sooner than I want, with a headache that needs aspirin, but the boys are excited about Christmas Eve, their cousins, their Grandmomma and Papa, and their aunts and uncles, so I play horsy with them for a while, and then eat a huge breakfast mom has prepared. Ostensibly reading the newspaper Dad still has delivered, I ponder the events unfolding back home that will affect our future, and consider options.

Katy enters dressed in a designer sweat suit and athletic shoes, informs me she and my sister, Claire, and SIL Gay, are getting their hair done at 'their friend's little shop that needs business, so she's open today; they won't be long'.

No problem: the cousins are coming, mom and dad have plans for their four grandkids, and I have to finish the paper for my class, send it in, and schedule the exam with my prof. Mom has already said lunch is on your own, so we're all free today.

Gay, Claire, and their kids arrive with a rush; they dump the kids, scoop Katy up, and rush to Rachel's Hair Salon.

I dress casually but appropriately for the day, and fire up the laptop. Two hours later I'm through with the paper. I submit it and ask Doctor (Please call me Paula) Lowry about a good day and place to take the exam. She replies almost immediately, naming the 30th around 6 pm, at her home in Westlake, if that works for me. I tell her I'm looking forward to it, and to seeing her and meeting her husband.

She sends me several smiley face emoji, so I assume it's set.

Bro Art and BIL Dee show up around noon to watch a bowl game between two 8-win teams we care nothing about, but its football, so... The girls return a few minutes later, radiantly happy, looking lovely with freshly styled hair and manicured nails. They whip up some sandwiches, and order us to come eat.

The afternoon is about fun: joking, laughing, and enjoying one another. Katy is relaxed and actively engaged in conversations, her trials and tribulations seemingly forgotten, when her phone rings.

She looks puzzled as she views the number, and steps out of the room. Within a minute, I hear her excited, animated voice and can tell this is a good call, not a bad one.

Ten minutes later, she returns, beaming and bubbling: "Guess what, Tim!!! That was Charlie; you know, the Continentals' manager! He wants me to choreograph dances for Bree, Brittney, Angie, and me at the New Year's Eve show! If Brad and ZZ Top like it, the Continentals will open for the four shows ZZ Top will play in Texas on their tour next summer, and we'll dance onstage with them!!!!"

She bounces up and down with glee, like a little kid. Everyone is struck silent until Art asks, "Are you saying you are going to dance onstage with a band opening for ZZ Top?"

Katy shrieks "Yes!!! Isn't that exciting! I can't believe it!!!"

No one else can either, but everyone jumps up to give her group hug and congratulations. "Well, I guess your Christmas wish came true, huh?" I ask, while hugging her.

She looks up at me with star struck eyes "It's okay, isn't it? I'll have to rehearse with the girls on the 28th and 29th, then with the band on the 30th, but it's just so exciting to think about! Pretty please, with sugar on it?!!"

My sister laughs, "Like he's going to deny you this chance and never get any nookie again? I think he will heartily support your decision, right Bro?"

Everyone laughs as I nod enthusiastically and pant like an excited puppy. Katy hugs me, looks at the group and says, "Oh, Pooh; he'd still get some... maybe... every now and then. But he knows how horny dancing makes me, so his odds of getting lucky go way up if I get to dance."

Everyone guffaws, and the guys slap me on the back.

I make a face and say "Honey, you do know how to get your way; dance yourself into a frenzy, then bring it on home to big daddy!"

She pokes me, we all laugh, Dee tells me he thinks I'm going to get really, really lucky. Still grinning he asks my sister if dancing affects her that way, because we're all going dancing tonight. She pokes him and warns that he needs to play his cards right because dancing alone isn't enough for her!

The kids and their grandparents are back in time for a nap. At 4:30, we all change into casual church clothes to attend the brief 5:30 service, which has the 'Christmas Tree' afterward for the kids. Very short but solemn service, very energetic kids' program afterward, with stockings filled with hard candy and age/gender appropriate little presents.

Afterward we go home for the traditional Christmas Eve meal of tamales and chili con carne, and allow each kid to open one present from their parents, with the promise that Santa will leave lots of presents to open tomorrow morning. Katy and I have agreed to take care of all four kids while my parents make an early appearance at the party, then they will take over and we can go later "when the party gets going good" according to my mother, who says that with an eye roll because she doesn't drink.

Mom and Dad leave just before seven and return at eight, by which time we have bathed the kids and have them ready for bed; as tired as they are, Gran and Gramps are going to have an easy job.

I check on the boys' 'big presents', which I had shipped here because there is no way to hide a bicycle and a trike in the Suburban. The box has "SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED" written in big red letters, but I'm not concerned; I'm handy, so I can get it done after the party, if I leave early enough and Katy helps when more than two hands are needed.

The kids are all in bed, Katy is in the room bathing and getting herself prettied up, and I've already showered and donned my semi-formal western party gear, including Lucchese boots, a 10x Silverbelly Stetson, and a western-cut jacket. The mirror says I look GOOD, and I agree. It's also fun being an inch or two taller; I forget how much I like to wear boots. I knock on the door, which is locked "It's nearly time, Hon."

"Okay, just a few more minutes; wait in the living room."

I do as told, and consider that this is undoubtedly going to be a treat, for several reasons: Katy loves to dress up; she doesn't know that many people here and first impressions matter to her. Even more important, the only other time we went to a party down here she was very pregnant.

Tonight, therefore, is her first chance to show everyone the best, shapeliest, and shiniest version of Katy.

Ten minutes later, she appears - well, yes, that was certainly worth the wait!

My dad and mom stare; I hop up from my chair, look her over from head to foot, and tell her she looks gorgeous. Mom recovers first and gushes over how beautiful she is in that lovely dress! Dad is still staring, but tells his DIL she looks very nice, while stealthily rearranging his pants. 'Yes, dad, she does that to everyone' I think but don't' say aloud.

She's wearing a Christmas-red, body conforming sequin-covered dress with a knitted white stole across her bare shoulders, white hose, and matching red shoes with 3-inch heels and straps around her ankles. The dress follows her shapely body without being too tight, has a V neckline that nicely displays the swell of her girls, and her patrician neck, shoulders, and upper back are bare, save for tiny straps to hold up her dress. She's stunning: the dress looks elegant but sexy, just like my girl. I admire her again, from her toes to her hair, and assure her, "You are once again spectacular, a Christmas Angel in a sparkly red dress."

She looks more closely at me, arches her eyebrows, grins, and says "My sexy cowboy -- you look HOT, Honey!"

Mom runs to get her camera: "I have to have to take some pictures of you two! Pose for the camera!"

I don my hat, she snuggles up somewhat sideways, and the pictures click as she moves around from pose to pose while I smile. Mom finally stops and tells us to have fun. I turn, and ask dad where we're going, that I didn't recognize the ranch name.

He laughs, "Oh, yeah, you didn't know that Bud and Susan are hosting this year, out at the old Cocina Blanco ranch; they renamed it Rockin S."

I pause "Bud and Susan are hosts? I didn't know that." Dad and mom look mildly concerned, knowing I have history with both of them: "Don't worry -- there is a large group of hosts, and all will be there; it is just being held at their new house on the ranch." I'm somewhat mollified, but I have a bad feeling about this.

Watching my pretty wife get into the suburban in that dress is a treat, and she makes a spectacular show of it while beaming at me. It's a 10-minute trip out to the historical ranch where the Christmas Eve party is being held, and we chat lightly about her plans for the Continentals' dancers. She's still very excited, saying again that it is practically a dream come true!

I have to park a ways out, and getting her out of the tall SUV is equally as much fun as getting her in. She has to slap my hands a couple of times to get them out from under her dress before I help her out, but she giggles as she does, and promises me "Later!"

"I love that you're wearing thigh highs, Sweetie. They will look so good draped over my shoulders later."

"Promises, promises; you'll probably drink too much and I'll have to go without!"

"You mean use your toys instead? I saw you brought them, you naughty girl!" She blushes and replies, "A girl never knows when she may need relief when none is available."

I escort her through the cool breeze to the main house; we're greeted by a 'butler' of sorts, and escorted in; she chooses to keep her wrap around her shoulders. As we enter, 'a hush falls on the crowd' and all eyes turn toward us, as if in a movie. Katy is totally composed; this happens to her all the time. I'm, however, am briefly disconcerted. Recovering quickly, I step slightly forward and say, "I knew I looked good tonight, but I wasn't expecting this kind of reception. Good to see everyone!"

Rewind64
Rewind64
62 Followers