All Comments on 'Rolling With the Punches Ch. 01'

by fasto

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
txcoatl1970txcoatl1970almost 16 years ago
Exes Are Exes For a Reason

I have a phrase for what just happened in this story- the undead relationship. It has the semblance of life, you occasionally get laid, but it always turns into a reiteration of why you couldn't make it work and you really just have to have the guts to say, we're done. Put the poor slouching zombie of a relationship out of its misery and move on. Tell the ex, "You've chosen somebody else, so live with that choice for good or ill, but leave me out of it."

It drops the blood pressure, saves tooth enamel, and really brightens your outlook on life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Worst Feeling

Is loveing someone that that either doesn't love you or at least not enought. The only thing you can do is move on and stay the hell away from her, she is toxic. Nice writing, Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
sad

Love can be wonderful, love can be very painful. If the love isn't there any more or is no longer equally shared, no matter how hard it may seem, trying to move on is probably for the best. You can't stay sad or feel sorry for yourself for the rest of your life. Like this story ver much, so far. G.Belgium

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Well...

It seems the obvious solution is that they need to find their way back to each other. ;) Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Sara's a real cunt!

Step back and take in the whole scene. Sara was Triston's fiancée for 7 years, then along came Jonny. I must assume that Sara took Jonny for a "test drive" before she left Triston. So she was a cheater. Then she "pings" Triston around with phone calls about wanting to get everything settled between them. Finally she comes over to settle things. Things which Triston quite clearly stated could have been done over the phone, by email or by a letter. Why did Sara come over to see Triston and end up in his bed? By giving Triston a farewell mercy fuck, she was also cheating on her new lover Jonny. Bitch! Triston should be very happy that she is out of his life and expecially glad that he never married her cheating ass. Why would he ever consider a "reunion" with this cheating bitch?

My complaint about the story is not with the author's writing. The writing and grammar are definitely above average. The story line did not please me because it left open the possibility that Triston and Sara might get back together in the future. No way!!!!!! Run Triston...Run!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
To Ass w/o a name from the USA the boys

in the pool room call your mother a cunt and she like sit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
This could have been me in 5 years

I was with a girl named Sara for 2.5 years.

The exact same thing happened...we were madly in love, but she met another guy who was her soul mate. We never stopped loving each other, but we weren't right for each other, and so it ended.

Reading this story helped me to deal with the loss of the Sara in my life, helped me to put it into context. What if I had been with her for 5 more years, then it happened? Then I would be a lot closer to 40 than 30, and would have given her 5 more years of my prime.

I'm thankful that my relationship with Sara ended when it did, and grateful for this story. As to those who believe that Sara is a cheater, well, perhaps she is, but as Outkast sings, nothing lasts forever, so why should love be the exception. We're here on Earth to love each other, and sometimes a relationship just runs its course, and it must end so that each person can go on to learn more lessons and love again, bigger, stronger, more passionately.

I'm starting to think that fidelity is an outdated cultural concept, and that we should all be free to love each other as we see fit in the moment, so long as no lives are endangered or diseases transmitted. Triston in this story seems to embody that--he just loves her no matter what, despite the fact that Sara crushed his heart. He just keeps on loving. The Tristons of the world will grieve and mourn, and then go on to love again, with a bigger, stronger, more loving passionate heart. He holds no grudges against her despite the emotional pain and financial hardship that the breakup caused him. I can relate, but Triston is a better man than I, for I felt anger and wrath after feeling betrayed, though I still loved, and still love, Sara.

Again this story is well done, crafted with sensitivity, love, and a deft touch.

Thanks Fasto for your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
to the romeo wanna be who's just posted

the guy your "Sarah" loved more than you has, ultimately, nothing more than you don't. <p>

what he has that you don't, though, is a STRONG self of self-worth: <p>

he's the kind of man who walks with his nose and chin high, who exudes a self of, "Yes, you are beautiful, Sarah, but if I don't get you, there are still plenty of beautiful women out there. I don't need you, JUST YOU, to make me whole. I know who I am and what I want, FOR NOW, and if now is not you, there will be another, whom I will probably love more and deeper than you." <p>

the noted previous poster shows that he lacks self confidence; he's one of these guys who says to the woman he loves, "Sarah, you are the sun, moon, and my fabric of being. Without you, I will have no other. I will kiss the ground you walk on, lick your spit, and do whatever you demand, because you are EVERYTHING TO ME. And if you should go away from me, it doesn't matter; I will still love you and will love you, no matter what, for as long as I live." <p>

this kind of man does not really appeal to self-confident, strong women (whether they are, by second nature, faithful or promiscuous).... why would any person, a woman, want such a weak-spined, idiotic man for a life time, when his worth only makes sense in her presence? <p>

(1). there's no problem if BOTH people are like Romeo and Juliet: either they have each other, or they die in each other arms, and ALL others and the world be damned... <p>

Or, <p>

(2). the swinging types, where both partners are giddy every time the exchange bodily fluids with new people. <p>

EITHER situation, I am okay with, but not the man or woman who says, verbally and by his/her action, to her/hsi partner: <p>

"I am yours to do as you wish: kill me, love me, abuse me... piss and shit in my drink and soup... or fuck around and give me diseases, I couldn't careless,, I will always love you and you only...In my existence, no one will ever replace you..." 'Tis close to a mental aberration, a psychological sickness,,, not very healthy, so the partners usually don't want to be around such a person...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Oh, wow......

As regards this story, this is a serious love/hate situation. [Okay, there are some significant typos/etc in here. Now, that part is out of the way.] The story itself is lovely, but it's one of those things just painful enough that any reader who has been through anything similar can't help but hate. This chapter is nicely written; I'm looking forward to the next.

-- KK in Texas

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 16 years ago
Interesting Story and Interesting Comments

The writing in this story was a little disjointed at times - didn't flow well at times. Plot line is interesting. I agree with the Anon poster about what people want - most of us (male or female) don't want a weak "I love you even though you treat me like crap) kind of person as a mate. Self confidence and an internal sense of self worth are universally attractive.<p>That said, Triston (1) needs to get his finances in order, even if that means downsizing the house and getting rid of the stuff, (2) needs to move on and find somebody new, although if he rips off a piece of Sara occasionally without losing control of his emotions whilst he's playing the field, all the better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Interesting Story

Well.........I thought the story was interesting and I've seen this relationship time and time again. I have to disagree with the "soul mate" persceptive because I soul mate is someone to show you the way not to spend your life with. Anyway, every relationship I've seen like this had one individual always afraid they might be able to trade up. Most thought they did and in the long run they did and the other person got the prize. But hey.......that's real life and this is a story. Interested to see where it goes and if it ventures into the Twight Zone or the Real World.

Please no offense just an opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Good Start!

The kind of guy you just want to slap. I believe he is no fun, doesn't have fun, friends, hobbies, a life besides his ex. Sell the fucking house and the bike, get a life, have sex with someone new and quit thinking she needs you and you need her, its over or it should be. Loveing someone more than they love you is the pits, it happens, just change the locks and phone # and move on. Please don't wimp out, it would ruin story, Thanks!

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Very Sad Story

Very easy to understand both side

of this mismatch. Hope to see more of

this author

cinnamon_kisses12cinnamon_kisses12almost 16 years ago
awww

can't wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
to close to the tragedy of real life!

It was well written, but it led to an unsatisfactory end.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous