Roman Holiday Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Being a single Mom didn't make any of this easier, but since she was the one raising the children alone, she made sure that they legally had her maiden name - Chou - as their last name. Jennifer was determined to support her children through her own efforts, but she never resented Nancy's good fortune. She was grateful, in fact, that her sister, with no children of her own and a fortune to spend, was eager to dote on her niece and nephew. And it wasn't because of Auntie Nancy's wealth that the kids loved her so; it was because they saw her for what she was: a genuinely kind and empathetic person who always went out of her way to help and befriend others. And so Jennifer wasn't surprised by what happened next.

"Now," Nancy said to Lisa and Jacob as she stubbed her 120 out in a crystal ashtray on a nearby table, "Your Mom has already told me that you weren't allowed to bring electronic devices to my house. But this is a very big house. How am I going to get a hold of you guys if you don't have a cell phone? So..."

Ling, who had gone into the library to retrieve something for Nancy, now came back out and handed her two items.

"...I hope your Mom doesn't mind if I give you these." She handed each teenager a cell phone.

"Oh my God," Jacob gasped, "this is the newest IPhone. It's not even on the market yet!"

"Tim Cook is a friend of mine," Nancy said casually. "They're both activated and ready to go."

"That's so cool," Lisa said as she scrolled through the apps. Then she turned to Jennifer. "Mom, is it okay?"

"Her house," Jennifer replied with a wry smile. "Her rules."

Lisa turned back to her aunt to thank her. Nancy gently put her hand on Lisa's cheek and said, "You're a very good daughter to ask your Mom first." Lisa smiled at the compliment, and Nancy gave Jennifer a wink.

Jennifer looked down at her watch. She knew that she needed to get going, but she wanted a few moments with Nancy first.

"Okay, you two, I need to talk with your Auntie."

"Yes," Nancy said, "let's have a chat. Ling? Please take the children upstairs and show them their rooms."

Jennifer embraced both her kids in a bear hug. This was the longest time she would be away from them. "I love you guys," Jennifer said as they picked up their bags and headed towards the second floor on the grand staircase. "Be good to your Auntie. I'll call when I get the chance. And don't play on your cell phones the whole time. Do some studying."

"We will Mom," Lisa replied unconvincingly as she and Jacob turned the corner upstairs down a hallway to the west wing.

Jennifer and Nancy looked at one another, neither of them enjoying the awkwardness of being alone.

After a few seconds of uncomfortable silence, Nancy said with the wave of her arm towards the library, "Shall we?"

----------------------

As Nancy closed the sliding doors to the library which was also her private study, Jennifer was reaching into her purse and unzipping a hidden pouch. When she removed her hand, she was holding a pack of Virginia Slims 120's Menthols and a cheap lighter. She needed that smoke in her body so badly that her hands were practically shaking in anticipation, making it difficult to light the tip. Her sister calmly offered her a flame from her own gold lighter and then lit one for herself as she watched Jennifer take a cheek hollowed puff and inhale it deeply. Smoke then poured down from her nostrils.

"Honestly," Nancy said with smoke punctuating her words, "I don't know how you've kept your smoking hidden from the kids for 18 years."

"Well," Jennifer replied after inhaling a double-pump, "there have certainly been some close calls." After holding it in for several seconds, she blew a long stream of smoke. She loved how it looked - smoke just floating in the room.

Nancy knew that Jennifer didn't really have anything she needed to discuss with her. She understood that was just an excuse for her sister to have a cigarette before heading to the airport since she never smoked in the sedan. She respected her wishes to remain in the closet, even though she thought she was crazy for doing so. "Why don't you just tell them? They won't love you any less." Nancy gestured for her to sit down on the loveseat couch while taking a seat next to her.

Jennifer did several more successive double pumps and again held in the smoke. "You don't know these kids today," she said and tilted her head upwards and exhaled a voluminous cloud. "Lisa's nothing like George who totally had the fetish. Instead she's a regular anti-smoking Nazi." The nicotine was fully flowing through her bloodstream now, calming her down considerably. Or was it something else that was making her feel so at ease? As soon as she entered the room she noticed an immediate reduction in her stress level. It was as if someone had covered her with a warm blanket on a cold day. She hadn't felt this relaxed since living in the house where she grew up, and this easing of tension also helped reduce the usual discomfort of being alone with Nancy. "So how old is this 'assistant'?" Jennifer asked with a raised eyebrow as she held the cigarette millimeters from her lips.

"Oh, Ling?" Nancy responded with a guilty smile. She rested her hand on the top of a 1 foot tall cone-shaped item covered with a dark silk cloth that was sitting on a small table beside them. It looked as if she was about to unveil it, but instead she gently pulled back her hand towards her lap.

"A bit young this one," Jennifer added. "What is she, 16?"

"She's 19," Nancy protested with mock indignation. "And very handy to have around."

"Mmm, I bet," Jennifer said with a wicked gleam in her eye as she proceeded to take a slow burning puff which she inhaled deeply. Yes, she was definitely feeling more comfortable with her sister now; even jovial. But were these feelings morphing into something else?

A few seconds of silence followed as Jennifer suddenly began to feel nervous, but it wasn't because she wanted to get away from her sister. It was like two close friends who had a falling out years ago, suddenly decided to meet up, and can't remember why they had the falling out. Can such a relationship be repaired? Can old feelings be rekindled? Her heart began to beat faster. Why was she now feeling emotions that she hadn't felt for 25 years?

Nancy could sense the rising anxiety in her sister. "You okay?" she asked as she put her hand in her sister's.

"Me?" Jennifer replied, trying to regain her composure of order and professionalism. "Oh yeah. Just nervous about the presentation." She took a look at her cigarette and realized that her speed smoking had brought it down nearly to its butt. She looked at her watch and figured there was time for one more. She stubbed out the Virginia Slims in an ashtray and quickly lit another one.

"Slow down, girl," Jennifer said with a smile.

"I don't usually smoke this much," Jennifer responded in a smoky exhale.

"You used to," Nancy said in a whisper, "back in the commune."

Silence once again filled the room as Nancy let go of her sister's hand and began to caress the side of her cheek. Jennifer closed her eyes, her heart pounding inside her chest.

"I realize now that I hurt you long ago," Nancy said in a voice that Jennifer found comforting, "but can't we find a path back to where we once were twenty years ago? Isn't there any way back home for us?"

Jennifer, her eyes still closed, moaned softly as she took a deep pull on her cigarette. "Time is short," she heard Nancy whisper, "and the offerings of life are abundant."

When Jennifer slowly opened her eyes she saw Nancy staring at her, her lips oval shaped, and a thick white ball of smoke in her mouth. She was mesmerized by the sight and felt compelled to completely give in to her sister's will. She had to place her lips on Nancy's and breathe in that white cloud. She needed to feel the power of her sister's smoke in her body. She so desperately wanted to experience once again that pleasure she felt when they came of age on the commune and decided to explore the boundaries of physical pleasure.

Jennifer opened her mouth and began to move her face towards Nancy's. She was going to do it. She was going to feel that power once again. Yes.Yes!

But then a sudden pang of guilt shot through her body.This is not right, a voice inside her said;this is why you left home.

With their lips just an inch apart, Jennifer raised two fingers and placed them over Nancy's lips, gently shaking her head. "I can't, sis," she said in a tone of sad disappointment. "What we did when we turned 18 was...unnatural. Mom and Dad never should have encouraged it."

Nancy slowly exhaled the ball of smoke. "I understand your feelings are in conflict, Jen," she said sympathetically, "but there was nothing unnatural about our relationship. You know that our family is wired differently than others. What we had was beautiful; and I'll always love you."

Jennifer was a bundle of emotions. She wanted to sexually ravage her sister right there on the couch, but it was her sheer will-power that was preventing that from happening. She closed her eyes and nodded her head. "I know, Nan. I'll always love you, too....but not in that way. Let's leave it in the past."

What would have been a very uncomfortable moment of silence was prevented with a loud knock on the library doors. Jennifer froze. Was it one of the kids? Was she finally going to be outed as a smoker?

"Miss Nancy?"

Jennifer relaxed when she realized it was just Ling.

"Miss Jen's..." Again, Ling had to correct herself. "I mean, Ms. Chou's limo is here."

"Limo?!" Jennifer said in shock to Nancy. "I didn't order a limo."

"Of course you didn't," Nancy said as she got up from the couch and strode over to her desk. "What flight are you taking into Rome?"

Jennifer was very confused and crushed her cigarette in the ashtray as she stood up. "United."

"No you're not," Nancy said as she walked towards her sister. "You're taking my private jet."

Jennifer was struck dumb as she looked at the ticket in Nancy's hands. "No, sis," she finally blurted out. "I can't, really."

"Of course you can," Nancy replied. "I'm not about to let my sister arrive exhausted in Rome because she was up all night in coach. This is the most important presentation of your life. Take a comfortable flight and arrive ready to blow those Italians out of their seats."

Jennifer still looked unconvinced. She didn't mind her sister giving gifts to the kids, but she didn't like accepting gifts for herself.

"Jen," Nancy said softly as she put the ticket into Jennifer's hands. "My husband left me an absolute fortune which I will give to charity before I die. Let me also spend a little of it on those I care about."

Jennifer accepted the ticket and placed her right hand on Nancy's cheek. "Thank you, Nan, for everything." She then kissed her sister on the lips. Within an instant she began to swirl her tongue with Nancy's, but then she gently pulled back. "I'm sorry," she said breathing heavily. "I'm so sorry." She was filled with a combination of shame and anger for losing control of herself. "I need to go."

Nancy gave her a sympathetic gaze. "Yes, of course," she said in a soothing voice. If that's the best she could get from her sister, she would cherish it. "Ling!" she hollered. "Tell the driver to grab Ms. Chou's bags out of the sedan." She gave a wink to her sister. "See, I can be formal, too."

Before walking out the door, Jen gave her sister her car keys and a phone number where she could be reached, while Nancy in turn gave her the new phone numbers for the teens. The two sisters waved at each other, and the limo sped off down the driveway.

CHAPTER 2 - SETTLING IN

Though frequent visitors to Auntie Nancy's estate, Lisa and Jacob had never actually stayed the night (after all, their own home in a middle class suburb was only 25 minutes away in Mountain View). This ten day residence would therefore give them an opportunity to see how the other half lives - and their living quarters did not disappoint. They were accommodated in a large suite in the west wing of the mansion which had two bedrooms and an adjoining parlor that included several couches, a pool table, a wide screen television, a large bookshelf, and a game counsel. There was even a wet bar (though Jennifer had previously insisted that Nancy remove all alcohol from it so as to not tempt the two teenagers). When Ling led them into the parlor, the twins' reaction was a combination of "cool" and "oh my God!"

"You like?" Ling asked with a big smile.

"Oh yes," Jacob said as he nodded vigorously. "We like very much!"

"Miss Nancy redecorated the room for your stay," Ling said as she showed off the pool table and the entertainment center.

Ling pointed to the left. "Miss Lisa..."

"Please," Lisa said politely, "just...Lisa"

Ling gave a big smile as she was pleased to see this teenager was nothing like her mother.

"Lisa...your room is over here." Ling pointed to the left. "And Jacob..." she said pointing to the right. "You each have a full bath attached to you bedrooms. Please spend some time unpacking while I go downstairs. I'll be back soon."

Ling left the twins who began to explore all that the parlor had to offer. "Want to play a game of pool?" Jacob asked as Lisa was moving her fingers over the book titles on the shelf.

"We should unpack first," she replied.

Both picked up their suitcases and went into their respective bedrooms which were no less impressive than the parlor in opulence. Lisa marveled at the mahogany wood four-post bed and matching furniture, including a 12 drawer dresser, a chest, and a vanity table with a variety of make-up and perfume bottles. She also noticed a wooden box on the table. Assuming it was a music box, she opened the lid and was shocked to see that it was filled with all-white 120 cigarettes. She then noticed on a side table next to the bed a crystal ashtray and a decorative crystal lighter.

Lisa shook her head in near disgust. She grabbed the cigarette box with the intention of putting it inside a drawer but realized that the box was bolted to the table and could not be removed. She would just have to ignore it.

After putting her clothes away, she crossed through the parlor room to check on Jacob.

"Jacob!" she shouted upon walking into his room and seeing him hold an unlit cigarette as he looked at himself in the mirror.

"Hey sis," he said turning to her, "you wanna smoke?" He looked back at his reflection. "How do I look?"

"Put that back right now!"

"Oh come on, Lisa," he said with a frown as he carefully placed it back in the box, "it's not like I'm gonna light it."

Lisa noticed that the cigarettes in his box were not as long as the ones in her bedroom.Well, that makes sense that he would have a manly cigarette in his room, she thought - and then immediately reprimanded herself for trying to rationalize what appeared to be Auntie Nancy's attempt to encourage them to smoke.

After telling her brother that she also had a cigarette box full of 120s, she asked him, "Do you think Auntie wants us to smoke?"

Jacob's eyes brightened as he hadn't thought of that, but then he remembered Lisa's views on smoking. "I don't think so," he offered in a tone that was not totally convincing. "These cigarettes are probably kept in here throughout the year." Both sat down on the bed. "And this room," he added, "is obviously for any male guests she has, so that would explain why the cigarettes are different."

"Hmmm," Lisa said with a nod. She wanted to believe that.

CHAPTER 3 - THE LAVA LAMP

After seeing off her sister, Nancy walked back into the library, sat down on the couch, and lit a cigarette. Taking a deep puff, she French inhaled the contents from her mouth, closed her eyes, and played back in her mind that last kiss from her sister. She then heard footsteps entering the room and the closing of the sliding doors.

"Well?" a voice said in Chinese.

With her eyes still closed while waves of smoke wafted down from her nostrils, Nancy replied in perfect Chinese, "I think we made some progress." She opened her eyes and smiled at Ling who was already walking over to the desk which had a cigarette box, pulled out a long 120, and lit it with a lighter she retrieved from her own pocket. She puffed hard, opened her mouth wide, and snapped back an immense ball of smoke. She walked towards the couch, letting the smoke flow out from between her lips and nose, and sat next to Nancy.

"Your sister's kids don't speak Chinese!" she said in a high pitched whine before taking another hard drag on the Virginia Slims.

"Jen," Nancy said after snapping back a puff, "has always been a contrarian." She exhaled the smoke in a thin stream and then added in a tone of disappointment, "She never fully accepted our family history and culture."

"I think she's a bitch," Ling said petulantly.

"Now, now, dear," Nancy gently chided, "that's no way to talk about family."

Ling took a cheek-hollowed puff as she turned her head to survey the room. She puffed out her cheeks like a bullfrog, opened her mouth wide and snapped the smoke back in one quick motion. As she quickly exhaled a river of smoke, her eyes fell on the cone shaped item under the cloth.

"Did she give you permission?" she asked with a nod towards the item.

"Dearest Ling," Nancy replied with a wide smile, "haven't you learned yet in life that it's always better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission?"

Nancy reached over and removed the cloth revealing a cone shaped cylinder filled with clear liquid and an orange gelatin like substance floating in it. The cylinder was gilded with jade and attached to an ivory base. It had the appearance of a modern day lava lamp, but there was no electric light source. This lamp simply glowed on its own.

"In fact, the plan is already in motion," she said softly as she brought the cigarette up to her lips for a slow burning puff while caressing with her other hand the lava lamp.

Ling stood up, put the 120 in her mouth so that it dangled between her lips, and took successive puffs while wrapping her hands around the lamp. "Mmmm," she moaned as smoke poured out of her mouth and nose. "I love its energy."

Nancy understood that you didn't have to touch the lamp to feel its power. Anyone within a wide perimeter was going to be affected by it. This is why Nancy knew that Jennifer would feel so much more at ease on this visit while she was sitting near it in the library.

"Can I take this back to our room now?" Ling implored.

"No, no, dearest, we have a very important use for this lamp while the twins are here."

"But you have two of these lamps." Indeed, Nancy did have two that were bequeathed to her after her parents had passed away. "Why can't you use the other one?"

"Because that also has a very important use at the moment."

The cigarette in Ling's mouth drooped as her lips developed into a frown.

"Don't pout, my darling," Nancy said soothingly. "All will become clear to you within the next few days. Trust cousin Nancy."

Ling decided to try a different approach. "You know I always do," she said seductively as she retook a seat on the couch, this time as close to Nancy as she could get. She puffed on her half-smoked cigarette and slowly French inhaled the creamy vapor while looking into Nancy's eyes.

Nancy was amused. Ling occasionally liked to pretend that she was the alpha, but they both knew who was in control of this relationship. "And where are the twins?" Nancy asked breathlessly as if she was ready to submit to Ling's will.

"They're upstairs," Ling replied in a smoky whisper, "unpacking."

Nancy gently put both hands on Ling's face and moved forward as if to give her a passionate kiss; but then just before their lips met, Nancy halted. "We better go look after them," she said.

123456...9