Romantic Heroism

Story Info
A heroine faces her most difficult challenge a relationship.
13.6k words
4.17
6.7k
9
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author note: I Didn't really know where to tag this, it's a romance yet it more supernatural romance so anyway hope you enjoy.

*****

Crime is on the rise in her city, she thought to herself as she stood on the edge of a tall building looking out over the miles of buildings that cover her city. Shadow girl is what the people called her, her strange ability to control shadows and darkness was a very powerful ability making her able to change her form into the very darkness itself making her nearly invincible also having fast healing factor, increasing her awareness and senses, she could also see in the dark (obviously), extending her limbs or create hand from the darkness like elastic dealing a hard punch from a few feet away and her most handy ability was being about to cover up thug and villains in a shadowy cocoon she called it a shadow lock trapping them in the darkness so they couldn't escape the law (but she sometimes forgets to use it), she fights crime only at night or afternoon as that is when her powers are at their strongest.

Some see her as a hero protecting the weak and defenceless like her favourite comic book hero Spiderman, others think she is a danger, believing her power is demonic and evil even tho she had never done anything evil but she didn't care while she was alive and had this power she would protect this place, this city where the people she cares about live, she has been protecting this city for 3 years now, she's gone through good times and hard but no matter what she always comes out on top and now she taking on possibly the hardest challenge of her life.

She takes a look at her phone picking it from a shadow pocket she created (very handy when you need to store a lot of stuff) and is shocked to find the time was 8:20.

"Shit I'm going to be late," Shadow girl in a rush, placing her phone back into the small shadow portal.

She then gets up and jumps off the building and landing gracefully on the next building below heading to her destination not wanting to be any later.

###

Kenny shifted uncomfortably in a booth next to the window, he was at a popular restaurant waiting for his girlfriend to show up, they were on their 3rd date, unfortunately, she was late...again, it annoyed him that she was normally late but all that annoyance would disappear when he would see her, her name was Haley, she had stunning raven hair and a beautiful face that made her look pretty cute with an unbelievable body that just made your eyes just pop with sexy curves and C sized breasts.

Kenny knew he was extremely lucky to have a girlfriend like her and often thought that she was with him because she felt sorry for him and soon would leave him been fed up but she never said anything or sounded like she was fed up with him she was also was very understanding with his...problem that he hated talking about and hated that he had, he wishes to be better, be a deserving boyfriend to his girlfriend someone she can be proud to be with as he was very average looking person may be a little below attractive but she never cared.

He had serious anxiety issues and often need to pills to relax, because of a traumatic event that happened to him 10 years ago and since then he been scared of basically everything especially people and new environments...and that's what happened to him about a month ago, new city, new collage, new everything his parents wanted him to 'move on with his life' as his parents said but Kenny knew the real reason was because they were tired of looking after him and wanted him to move out and the moment he said that he wanted to move because he honestly wanted too for some reason.

As soon as he said that his father who owned a bunch of apartments and got most of his money by buy apartments and fixing it up and renting it, was going to letting him stay at one of his nicer apartments, giving him 3 months free rent and units so he would have a chance to find a job and then start paying him as he was the landlord so he could be a bit lenient with him.

Kenny was happy to get a place but he was going to do that in the future but now his parents were pushing him to do this, so he didn't really have a choice so he said yes and he was soon all set up in his new place.

His parents wanted to move to the city, this city in fact, where his father had most of his properties and apartments and his mother wanted to own a flower shop and wanting their son to move out so putting all those things together they made a plan to move and live in the apartment above a flower shop buying the business so his mother could have a the shop and his father could be closer to his apartment while...getting rid of him.

They did tell him that if he needed anything he could call them and the collage he was now going too was only a five minute walk away and the place his parents lived at was only 5 minute walk too so he was incredibly lucky.

He was also incredibly lucky to get an amazing girlfriend too even tho how they met was a bit embarrassing. His girlfriend saved him from some bullies at his college seeing how he was the new guy and from then on he and Haley made a nice friendship and hanged out a lot or when they could as she would suddenly disappear for a few hours and then start texting him when she was free to chat also he did ask why she would suddenly disappear and she always say it private, not wanting to noisy he didn't go on, then.

Suddenly one afternoon when they were hanging out at Holly place (she had her own apartment too, he was often over there to hang out) she confessed that she wanted to go out with him as she really liked him.

He was honestly shell-shocked, they been friends for a month and they knew a lot about each other but he honestly didn't know anything about her personal life she was very secretive about it but he never pressed on it and so they went on a date.

Kenny was scared out of his mind, scared of messing it up but it turned out to be a great night (thanks to Holly keeping him calm) and so from then they were together, he's been dating her for about 3 weeks now and he been really happy just being about to hold and kiss together was quite calming, he been taking fewer pills for is anxiety and she knows about his...problem and helps him when his anxiety got the better of him he was truly lucky to have her.

With a sigh he looks at his phone waiting to see if he got a text from Haley, unfortunately he hasn't, he look over out the window and see a TV store playing the news report about a bank robbery being stopped by the heroic Shadow girl.

One thing Kenny didn't expect was a superhero and a really cute one too, she sort of looks like a female version of cat noir from miraculous ladybug (him and Haley enjoy watching cartoons and enjoys that one) but minus the blonde hair, green eyes, tail, ears and the little bell around the neck also no staff, he met some people who loved her for saving the day and stopping criminals while other disliked her for butting in saying she should leave it to the professional and Haley would quickly change the subject if it ever came up.

He thought she would like to talk about a real-life superhero but it looked like she didn't but Kenny didn't know what to think but he honestly he felt a little safer knowing someone like her was ready to protect people she didn't even know so if you willing do that then your a hero in his book.

The door for the entrance of the restaurants opened with a jingle and Kenny looked overseeing his beautiful girlfriend Haley rushing over, she was wearing a stunning black dress matching her raven hair, Kenny just couldn't help but stare.

"Hey sorry traffic was awful," Haley said apologetically.

"Err didn't you say you were walking here?" Kenny responded.

"OH yes I was but then I just...wanted to use it," she smiled awkwardly.

"Ok, then Miss random now let get something to eat I'm starving."

"Yeah me too," Haley said eagerly.

Both Kenny and Haley look over the menu While making casual chat.

"So what were you doing while waiting for little old me?" Haley ask curiously.

"Well err I was watching on the TVs outside," Kenny pointed out the window at the TV, "It had some news about Shadow girl stopping a robbery it was pretty cool."

"Oh ok then," she said disinterested, "So have you got your hands on that new game that came out it would be pretty fun to play co-op."

Again Kenny thought to himself he found it strange how she was so quick to change when shadow girl was brought up, he was more of a gamer but she was the mega comic book fan so the fact that she was so disinterested in a real-life superhero the others he spoke too shouldn't really stop talking about her and the whole mystery of who she is and such.

Kenny didn't know why he was so bothered by this she has the right to her own option about the matter but it just seems too interesting to sudden pass off he just needed to accept the fact that his girlfriend wasn't interested, Haley noticing the facial expressions he makes when he deep in though begins to worry a little.

"Hey, you all right stud?" She asks worriedly

"Oh, y-yeah I'm fine just lost in thought sorry."

"Ok then what you thinking about then?" she smiles at him

"Err boring stuff," he awkwardly smiles not wanting to give the suspicion and not wanting to be a bother.

But Haley can see that he was hiding something Kenny never really had a good poker face.

"Come on I know you got something in your mind just say it ok," she gently reaches out and cupping Kenny's hand calming him down a little.

"Were in a relationship we can be open to each other right? You can trust me," she says with a smile she wanted him to trust her and know he could be open with her even tho there are some things about her which she could never tell him until she truly trusted him which impacted her every time she thought about it but it was to protect each other.

"O-Oh ok, then it just...it just that err well I was thinking to err..." He struggled to find the words not wanting to upset her but Haley was being patient with him and encouraged him.

"Just say it, Kenny."

"OK so I was just...wondering...why are you so uninterested in shadow girl I mean it a real-life hero a-and you're the comic book fan I thought it would just...you know to be more interested in it?" He asks nervously, waiting for his girlfriend response.

"Oh err well I've lived here for so long and all the news is always about Shadow girl saving the day and doing stuff and...such, so the truth is that she been around for so long that the faze of everyone wanting to know about her has died down most people are less interested now because she been saving the day for 3 years and sometimes I forget that you've only been here for a month and a half so of course, you would be interested in all that I hope that's a good answer?" she responsed.

"That does make sense I see...sorry for annoying you with it."

"You wasn't I should have been clear about it instead of just shrugging it off," she smiles at Kenny and he smiles back.

A waiter soon appeared and they both order their meal, they continued their dinner date and when they finished both paid half and got out walking down the street in the beautiful chilly night.

Haley snuggled up to Kenny as they walked they were both the same height so they could rest on each other head and just walk and relax taking in the air around them it was extremely romance and relaxing just them walking together being with each other they were happy it was these times that both could just forget about all there problems and just enjoy themselves being with each other, they came to a cross-walk and Kenny was about to head home but Haley stopped him.

"Where do you think you're going, Kenny?"

"I-I was going home I need to go this was to..." he was about to continue but then Haley suddenly kissed him which always left him stunned he loves it when she kisses him suddenly and she knows he likes it too.

"Silly don't you know what happens on the end of the 3rd date?" she says in a casual voice making her sound innocent.

"N-No is t-there something I'm forgetting?" Kenny started to worry maybe he forgot something or messed up but he was too dense to see it.

Haley moves close to Kenny ear and whispers gently.

"Well if a girl likes you very much after the 3rd date she normally lets you have...S-E-X," she says slowly, seductively saying each letter to exciting her loving boyfriend and finishing with a hungry lustful smile.

"T-They d-do?" Kenny said blushing intensely.

"Yes, Kenny do you want to make love to me? I want to hear you say it," she smiles at him waiting hungrily for his answer.

"Y-Yes Haley I r-really want to," he says heavy breathing unable to believe what he heard but too excited to care.

"Good boy let head home for our passion night as...a couple."

Haley wraps her arm around his waist steering him in the direction of her apartment, he wrapped his arm around her waist and she responds tightly pulling him close to her and they begin to walk, Kenny was shocked but excited, his girlfriend wanted to have sex with him and he wanted to have sex with her, he been fantasizing about this since they were friend but now it going to happen he starts getting hard thinking about her, seeing her naked body as they come together making love to each other he could hardly wait.

Haley leans in on Kenny whispering into his ear seductively.

"Have you ever had sex before Kenny?" she ask so innocently yet so lustful.

"N-No t-this my first I-I hope that's o-ok," he responds nervously.

"Well don't worry I will take good care of you, Kenny very good care," breathing heavily sensing the heat from his growing erection getting her more excited, taking in the smell of her lover, her boyfriend, her Kenny.

"A-Are you a virgin too?" Kenny asks curiously.

"N-No I lost it 2 years ago at a party I hope that's ok, I know guys like to do it with virgins," she responses bit nervous at his answer.

"I don't mind, I find it sort of sexy for some reason," he blushes and smiles at her.

"Well then I will have to thank you for that once we get back," she smiles lustfully at him as they continue walking.

She sneakily looks behind her and notices movements in the darkness her powers was getting excited as she was, she wanted him and so does her powers both wanting to pleasure and embrace him, to love and protect him, the darkness and shadows she controlled was an extension of herself so whatever she desired so did the darkness around her and they both wanted him.

Then as they were walking on TV inside a stored started playing and breaking news was on the first Haley stopped to watch, Kenny asked what wrong when she pointed to the TV, it was a middle age woman a popular new agent reporting that there was a hostage situation at a popular jewellery store, gunmen were inside demanding a van so they could escape, around the front was police cars positioned ready for action but they couldn't do anything.

"Holy shits that looks serious," said Kenny worried about the people.

"Y-yeah it does," she responds sadden.

She knew she had to leave Kenny and save those people but she was excited about being with him and making love to him also she been noticing Kenny getting tired of her always suddenly disappearing luckily he had no idea she was Shadow girl but needed to protect this city as it was her duty as a hero but it always killed her that she had to neglect Kenny.

If she was with anyone else they would have broken off the relationship but he never did and he always understand when she needed to go she knew this was going to be the hardest challenge of her life protecting the city and having a relationship with the man she loves and she was determined to do both she just had to break the news to Kenny.

"I err hope Shadow girl gets there and stops them," Kenny says.

"Y-Yeah listens there something I forgot back at the restaurant and I need to get back there fast," she says to Kenny leaving his warm embrace.

"Oh ok then lets head back there and..." he was about to say something but she interrupts him.

"NO, it errs something important ok so I will get it and you head to the apartment and wait for me there ok," she starts digging through her pockets.

"Ok then don't be too long please."

"Don't worry I will be a fast as possible," she finds the keys and gives them to Kenny and begins to run back and turns the corner.

Kenny turns to corner as well to see if she was all right and see her go into an alley, confused Kenny quickly goes after her and looks down the alley seeing only a dead end and his girlfriend nowhere to be seen.

"Where did she?" Kenny said to himself.

After not finding her he begins walking to Haley agreement more confused but still excited to be making love to Haley but a little sad he was alone again.

###

Shadow girl felt bad for leaving Kenny all alone, one day she will make it up to him as she needed him more then he needed her, after many years of protecting this city the passion for her has dyed down she was duty bound to protecting the city because of her powers it would have been selfish if she just had enough and quit so she was forced to fight crime and help people even tho she never complained it did bug her little, she missed having her own life and not her and Shadow girl's life but the fire to protect the city reigned when she met Kenny.

As Shadow girl jumps and shadow grabbed to buildings making her way to the jewellery shop she starting thinking about how she met Kenny.

He was the new kid in college so they were normally nervous and a bit fearful but she could sense he was a more fearful than other but found him surprising cute and maybe even fancied him a little but not like a crush, he was also shy, no one was interested in talking to him he was completely alone she felt bad for him, then a few day after he arrived she begin noticing the bullies starting to pick on him and noticed him spending time in the nurse office a lot too but that didn't matter she was getting...tired of being a superhero never having her own life a part of her wanted to quit but another part was telling her no as the people needed her to protect this crime-filled city, she has had these feeling for awhile the people who were against Shadow girl started getting on her nerves and crushing her revolve so didn't know what to do.

Was she going to spend her whole life alone never falling in love and having a family? it was great having super powers but was it worth it? Sometimes she rather gives it up but she could never this was her blessing and her curse.

She was by her locker and she decided to talk to the new guy as she was feeling sorry and thinking about him more and more it was strange she was thinking about him, from the rare times he talk he was nice and pleasant but nervous which she found cute too so she wanted to see if they could be friends as she approached him she saw a bully getting physical with him before they would only name call him and annoy him but nothing this aggressive and she watched the bully punch him in the face hard.

He fell back into the lockers and sinking to the ground clutching the side of his injured face, the bully was about to punch him again but Haley looked down at the boy face pure fear consumed him she could feel it coming from him this filled her with rage and she snapped.

She charged over to the guy and punch him so hard he when airborne and ended up in a mini coma for the whole day, she was able to control her powers but slightly she turns to the boy and reached out a hand to help him.

"Don't worry he won't hurt you again, names Haley," she said to the injured boy.

"K-Kenny my name is Kenny and t-thank you for saving me," replied taking her hand and smiling as she helped him up.