Romantic Heroism

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good night, Kenny," she whispers

lovingly to him.

"Night Haley...I love you."

"I love you too," she said enjoying his words.

Hearing him say those word filled with a please enjoyment she would protect him from anything nothing would stop her from protecting him nothing will both of them quickly fell into slumber holding each other enjoying each other's warm embrace.

###

It was Sunday afternoon Kenny was sitting in a coffee shop enjoying some...well coffee it was the next day after there date night together, after that night they both slept till twelve (quite late for both of them), they had some lunch and Kenny made his way home, he had a shower and both started texting their plan for today...and Haley texted 'fuck it' and was going to get take out and watch cartoons but she was busy and was going to be until seven.

He didn't ask her because she would have just said it private and so he just be lazying about job hunting and found a job offer at a coffee shop this very coffee shop he was in, it paid good and was close to his college, home and girlfriend place it seems perfect so he wants to have a look around.

He knew he had to deal with his anxiety issues but he needed a job but a part of him though that they wouldn't hire someone like him the place was big and nice they wouldn't want some college student working part-time but he had to send one in it seem too perfect.

"A-Are you enjoying your coffee s-sir," came a mystery quiet voice.

He was startled at the voice and saw a young woman standing near him, she looked at him shyly and soon started off his shyness, he shuffled shyly at the woman she looks around his age with light brown hair done in a ponytail, she was wearing the uniform for the coffee shop and saw a name tag saying 'grace' she looks cute but his girlfriend was much cuter.

"Y-Yes t-thank you it's...err g-good coffee," He says shyly back to her both standing there awkwardly.

He saw in the back two other employees watching, talking to each other.

"That good then...g-good day sir," She whispers shyly back to him and leaves.

Kenny shifts uncomfortably and take a side glance over and see the two people comforting the girl what's there deal? Kenny thought to himself, his phone buzzed and he checked it, it's his girlfriend.

Holly: Hey Kenny you can make your way to my apartment now I should be there to met you when you arrive, see you soon xxx

Finally he thought to himself and got up and grabbed his coffee placing it in the recycling heading to the door he took a quick look back and saw the three girl employs watching him go the shy one quickly look away, he turn suddenly away leaving embarrassed maybe he shouldn't send a CV in those three looked like trouble...but the pay and location is so good he would have to think about it.

Leaving the coffee shop he made his way to his girlfriends place he thought about applying for the coffee shop it seems stupid not too and he was halfway through his deal with his father he couldn't wuss out because of some girls and...talking to strangers he needed to man up get some real money and he could spend some of Haley he enjoy making her happy she...

All his through ended when he got to the alleyway he hated this part for one particular reason fear always consumed him, it was the best way to her home if he didn't he would have to walk half an hour more, getting to the end of the street but he could simply cut here cross over and go left but today was different, his senses screaming at him to not go down there are were corners that people could hide and jump out at him.

But all the times before nothing ever happened so maybe it just his paranoia acting up he didn't take any pills today he felt like he didn't need them, he manned up and started walking he needed to overcome this fear, he needed to move on.

"Well well well look whom we have here boys," Came a sinister cruel voice.

Kenny froze and a skinny looking man with a massive scar down his face came out of one of the corners, he turned around she a man bigger then him blocking his escape route, then any man came out behind the skinny one he was smirking, Kenny froze with fear of God no why, why was this happening, please not...again.

###

Haley was making her way home jumping from roof to roof it was pretty dark outside, doing some afternoon patrols and stopping some small crimes she could finally head home to see Kenny she hoped he didn't wait too long.

On her way she heard voices in an alleyway, her senses telling her that something was wrong it wouldn't hurt to investigate, so she headed over and took a look over the edge and...it turned her blood cold.

She saw Kenny crouching on the floor hands over his head scared out of his mind she could feel the fear pouring from him and she saw some thugs one behind him and two in front from what she saw they haven't hurt him...yet.

"HA look at him he already pissing himself and I haven't even done anything," said the skinny man with a scar on his face.

"P-Please, d-don't h-hurt me," Kenny said quietly.

"Oh buddy we're not going to hurt you," He says smiling cruelly, "unless you don't give us what we want."

Haley blood was boiling, boiling with a rage she hasn't felt since that bully attack him but she needed a plan quick, the scarred man brought out a large knife, Kenny panicked again getting worst, he walked over to Kenny and crouch in front of him and point the Knife at him, Kenny stared at the blade inches from his face.

"Do you know who I am?" said the scare face man

"No."

"Well I'm the man that going to rule this city be the biggest crime boss here and no one is going to stop me I'm starting off small with flith like you and then I'll get bigger and bigger until the whole city is kissing my feet...The name Scar Blade will make this city wither in terror just like you right now," He said smile sinisterly, enjoy every moment of this, "Now give me your wallet and I may let you go unharmed."

Kenny fished through his pocket and grabbed his wallet throwing it to the ground still crouching in fear, the man picked it up and opened it finding only ten dollars inside, the look of rage was on his face as he turned to Kenny grabbing his hair making him look up shouting in pain.

Haley snapped and charged in she didn't have a plan but she had to protect her boyfriend, she kicked the scar guy in the face and he fell against the dumpster, Kenny looked up and saw...Shadow girl standing over him protecting him this was the first time he saw her in person.

"Oh fuck Shadow girl run," Said the man behind her.

He quickly started running but she shot out a shadow arm grabbing him and pulling him in like a whip, as he flew towards her, she punched him mid-air, he flung back and hit the floor instantly knocked out.

The other guy grabbed a lead pipe and tried to swing at her but she simply grabbed it and pulled out out his hands and will a cold look in her eyes she swung the pipe at him hitting him in the face, a bit of blood came out his mouth and he fell to the floor knocked out as well.

She turned to Kenny who was hiding next to the dumpster panicking out his sweet mind but suddenly she noticed movement and a knife came swinging at her and she reacted, the scar face guy got up.

"You don't fucking scare me little girl let me show you what a real man looks like," he says laughing at her, mocking her.

He jumped at her swinging his knife like a madman she dodged every swing and grabbed the man's wrist, he froze and she slowly twisted his wrist painfully until he dropped it, he howled in pain and he dropped it, humiliating him in one moment then she let go and roundhouse kicked him to the face.

He went flying ending up at the end of the alleyway, finally, she beat them all and turned to poor Kenny cowering in fear.

"You haven't seen the last of me fucker," She turns to the voice the guy was still up and kicking, "Scar blade never forgets I will get my revenge."

He started running she was about to go after him until she heard a small voice calling to her.

"P-Please don't go I-I'm scared, I-I can't h-handle it," he pleaded to the heroine.

She can't, she needed to stop him...But when she saw Kenny in pure fear she couldn't just leave him, she could sense his heart rising to a dangerous level if she left him he quite possibly has a heart attack...for the first time ever in her career she let a criminal go.

She crouched toward Kenny quickly embracing him, he latched onto her like a baby monkey, she hugged him gently trying him to calm down, he started hyperventilating, breathing too quickly letting too much air in she could feel his poor heart beating against her.

"Shh it's ok, it's ok I'm here, nothing's going to hurt you just breathe in through your nose and out your mouth slowly," She says softly.

Her voice sounded like his girlfriend's it greatly soothed his troubled soul, taking her advice he slowly started calming down being in the embrace helped him she saved people and saved him.

After a few minutes he calmed done but was still shaken by the event, both got up and let go of each other, Kenny blushed at Shadow girl.

"T-Thank you for saving me."

"Not a problem, will you get home all right? do you need me to escort you?"

"No my girlfriend's place is close by I'm heading there now but thank you...really."

She smiled and patted him on the should and suddenly jumped up the wall grabbing the edge and jumping over disappearing, Kenny noticed his wallet and grabbed it and quickly made his way to his girlfriend's place.

She watched his every move, watching Kenny in that state seriously troubled her so she would stay on the roof until he got to her place, watching him from a distance, a part of her wanted to transform back and run to him but then it would look suspicious so she would just watch him for now, he walked on she wants to be close to him and calm all his worries.

She guessed it was just her protective nature kicking in, she is a hero so she naturally she protected those she could but of cause she knew it would be different when she would save Kenny, he was her lover, after all, she watched him the rest of the way.

Kenny finally made it to Haley apartment building, making his way open the stairs he fell to his knee still panicking, shaken from the event he needed to calm down he needed his pills but didn't have them of him he couldn't show Haley his state she worries too much.

"Kenny!" said a familiar voice.

He looked up and saw Haley rushing down the stairs to him, he reached out sweating and she helped to lift him off the stairs and up to her place, she was silent for the whole time as they made there way there.

They got to Haley place entering, she places him on the sofa, she got to the kitchen grabbing a glass of cool ice water and giving it to him and snuggled up to him comforting silently, he looked confused at her but was thankful for her silence support.

"T-Thank you Haley...I'm guessing you want to know why I'm like this," he said nervously to her.

"I don't need to know Kenny you don't need to tell me...I'll be here whenever you need me," she said loving to him hugging him.

His eye widened as he looked at her he knew she loved him but to this extent, to anyone his constant paranoid state would bother and ruin the relationship yet she kept it going, it's that moment as he looked down at her his heart calmed and fluttered, it was time...to tell her truth the pain he had kept for years that tore at his mind and heart.

"You need to know Haley," he said she looked up at him confused, "I want you to know the truth...The reason I'm like this."

"You don't have to-"

"NO Haley I want you to know," he turned to her confidentiality and placed his hand on her shoulder looking straight into her eyes, "I love you Haley...so much, I want to tell you this so you can help me move on...please."

"O-Ok," she said shocked at his assertiveness and seriousness.

Both moved on the sofa, Haley sitting getting comfortable as he was and Kenny prepping himself for the re-telling of that night the night it ruined him and his family.

"It happened ten years...me and my...real parents was walking home from a family event," he said, Haley eye widened he continued, "then we entered a cold dark alleyway it was a night like any other then a masked man came out holding a gun pointing it at us," he started shaking remembering the event, Haley moved closer but he held his hand stopping her, she understood he needed to do this with no help.

"He demanded money from us holding the pistol at us, they complied and handed them the money...he took it then said...said," He froze remembering the sounds, "He shot them...my father 4 times and my mother 3 times I still remember there screams as they fell to the ground, it's what haunts me...he pointed it at me I thought it was at the end but when he fired nothing came, he ran out of bullets so he...he beat me to an inch of my life, police quickly show up from hearing gunshots and I laid there on the ground bloodied and beaten looking over at my...my lifeless parents," he said he voice quiet also a whisper now.

He looked over at Haley as she listened he felt...defeated emotionally destroyed.

"I woke up in a hospital and the doctor told me what happened...and said my parents died," he started getting teary eyed, Haley reached out and grabbed his hand and held it tight, "After that I ended up at an orphanage, having no one else in my family...it took me years to move on I had many therapists try and help me but none of them could I was just too scared to do anything, but then I was adopted by this family seven years ago and...they helped me in there own way and never gave up on me."

"The guy got imprisonment for life for the murder of my parents and for beating me up...And that's it, that why I'm so paranoid why I'm such a burden...for everyone."

"NO your not, your sweet, loving and the most wonderful boyfriend I could ever hope to ever have," Haley said passionately.

He started crying and both hugged each other tightly he finally told her his past getting off his chest made him feel better.

"I'm sorry I kept that from you...I don't like keeping secrets from you," he said hugging her tighter.

Haley had a storm of emotions inside her she didn't want to keep secrets from him either, she fights herself should she tell him who she was now? No, she couldn't she didn't want to ruin this moment even tho he will eventually find out not right now, not when he's bleeding his heart to her.

They spent the night together, they didn't make love or anything Kenny was too emotionally sensitive for that so they just embraced each other, they both had college tomorrow, she watched him sleep peacefully the turmoil inside her, to reveal the truth to him...she trusted him now he reveals his most painful memory too her...but she needed to plan how she would tell him the truth...to reveal she's Shadow girl.

###

It was Saturday night 6 days later, it was a busy few days for both, college is a pain but it was finally the weekend and Haley said she had something planned for him but she wouldn't budge so he was told to just wait and see.

It was a cool night as he walked he was alone walking to the meetup spot Haley sent him, he was still shaken after what happened but he felt a lot better talking to Haley, now he felt more conference...but only a little bit.

Walking on the street in the city he felt a chill go down his spine but ignored it, just the wind her thought to himself and he saw her at the end so was...more beautiful than normal, she saw him and smiled and waved, he waved back but never noticed the figure behind him.

"Guess who," said a sinister voice.

Kenny turn but the figure grabbed him and dragged him to the alley he panicked he saw his girlfriend face and watched her rush to him as the madman held a knife to his throat laughing crazy.

Haley charged towards Kenny scared for his life it was a made scar face man from before, she saw them entered the alley and saw as the man and Kenny, he held Kenny by the throat against a wall holding a knife she was behind him, he did see her but...Kenny could see her completely.

"Told you I would be back no one survives Scar blade now die filth," the psychopath said with a crazy obsession in his eye.

Kenny stared at his girlfriend scared out his mind, the madman held the knife in the air.

Haley wouldn't make it in time she needed to save him but he would see her she had no choice...his life mattered more than her secret.

She ran to him fuelled by rage and transformed in front him, he looked at her with widen eyes as she charged faster, faster towards them she must save him, the man aimed and brought his knife down but she was already there, he turned and saw her he panicked and Haley grabbed him with her shadow claw and threw him off Kenny and he smashed against the dumpster...completely knocked.

Haley turned to the stunned Kenny fully in her outfit her powers showing off, she stepped back from him, she got teary-eyed.

"I-I'm sorry Kenny," she said shyly to him, he just kept looking at her.

"H-Haley y-your..."

"I know I kept it from you but I didn't know how you would react I didn't know if you would reject me or be afraid because of what I am and who I am Kenny... I don't want to lose you."

"Haley..."

"Please don't leave me, Kenny, I don't know what I do without you know I've never been in a relationship before, I never been in Lov-"

He grabbed her shoulder getting her attention and he kissed her, his kissed surprised her as her fear melted away she kisses her boyfriend back.

Holy fuck he thought he kissing a superhero it excited him but he mostly wanted to put her at ease, he broke the kiss, she stood there dizzy looking at him and he stared at her ready for his speech.

"H-Haley...I'm not good at these type of speeches but I'll be honest, I can understand why you kept it from me your a superhero there wasn't going to be an easy way to...reveal yourself but...it doesn't matter," he said she looked surprised, "as long as your still the girl I fell in love with and not just using me then...I forgive you...there a reason why I told you my past you've helped me through so much," he when close to her ear, "I love you...Haley...my superhero."

It was a jolt to her system hearing those words and she started crying and he panicked apologizing she then just laughed and kissed him deeply and he kissed back with just as much, he noticed around him got darker but he didn't care he was too busy kissing his lover.

"Let head home I can't hold on much longer," Haley said lustfully, "Fuck tonight all the plans I made! I'm dragging you home and showing what its like to have a heroine as a lover," she said smiling at him he blushed.

She suddenly picks him up easily he squealed as he held on to her and she easily jumped onto the roof, flying...or jumping through the air was amazing and scary at the same time but he felt safe in his girlfriend embrace.

They quickly came to Haley place slipping in through the window into her bedroom, she gently placed him down, he had so many questions he wanted to asked her but that can come later.

"I know it your first time...but I wanted to ask you if I can make love to you...in my true form."

"Your true form?"

"Y-Yes my true form... I want to tell you how I got my powers, my past, it's...something I've never told anyone not even my...adopted parents."

"Y-Your adopted too."

"Yes...I should really introduce them to you seeing how I'm not let you go for a long, long time," she says smiling at him.

"I-I hope it is a long, long time," she smiles awkwardly at his choice of wording, she just giggled at him.

Both sat down on the bed and Haley begins to tell her organs of becoming shadow girl.