Rose Bk. 02 (The Novel)

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wonderful," she smiled. "Gentlemen, I'll call if I need anything."

The two officers nodded and quickly left. That... Honestly, it scared me a little. Whoever this was, seemed important enough, the guys did as she asked and I didn't even know her name yet. And with me still cuffed and in the chair, I had little defence if she tried anything.

"You're causing quite a fuss," she said after a few moments.

"I imagine so," I replied non-committedly.

She smiled and nodded. "The board is considering your application for increased visitation privileges."

I tilted my head, "Are you going to tell me your name?"

She smiled softly, "Mr Wessex, who I am is irrelevant. If not me, there would be someone else sitting here asking the same questions. I represent the board, that is all you need to know."

"Fair enough," I nodded.

Looking around the room, I could see the cameras, but I did not know if they were running or not. There was no way to tell if this was being recorded or not and it seemed like one of those situations where it could be, if it suited them, at the end of this talk.

"There is a deciding factor at hand though," she lifted a folder and took out a stack of photographs. "These are the humanoid-cattle we've recovered so far."

I looked at the blank, soulless stairs from each mugshot. The cows were miserable, standing against a pale grey background. They ranged in ages similar to that of Rose all the way up to ones with grey hair and heavier, less human features. My heart just about broke.

"You're killing them," I shook my head, sitting back to avoid looking at them.

"We need your help," she started softly.

"No, you don't," I shook my head. "Just walk everyone past them who had contact from the moment of rescue and see who they call 'master.'"

The woman frowned, "I'm afraid that isn't possible."

"Fuck you."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm not giving you that information. Fuck you and whoever you work for."

"Mr Wessex, I implore you, these humanoid cattle are suffering and-"

"Give them to their master!" I shouted. "That's how you fix this. Give them what they want, they're hard-wired to imprint on the first person who is kind to them. If you take that person away, this is the result. So find out who was nice and let them be happy!"

"It... It isn't that simple."

"Sure it is," I snapped. "Fifty bucks it was one of the team members involved with the rescue. They probably said a few nice things to the cow-"

"Humanoid-cattle."

"I'm done here," I called out. "Take me back."

"Mr Wessex-"

"Not interested," I shook my head. "They were bred in captivity, mistreated, raped, brutalised and if they didn't meet the set standard, they were murdered. If you think I'm going to give you the tools to sell them to the highest bidder, you've got another thing coming."

"And what about your own cows Mr Wessex? How would you feel about not seeing them again anytime soon?"

"You think that proving you're a psychopath is going to make me want to help you?"

She sighed, "Come get him."

The door opened behind me, and the guards stepped into the room. She gave me a thin smile as I was turned and wheeled from the room. The guards said nothing to me as they brought me back to my cell. But as the door opened, the chair pitched forward, and it dumped me onto the floor. I hit my face into the concrete and tasted blood.

"Get up," one officer snapped, kicking my wounded leg as he did so.

I snarled in pain as I tried to roll away, but he continued after me. Grabbing me by the shoulder, he yanked me around onto my back where he grinned at me. A few moments later he had me uncuffed and patted my face.

"Good boy."

My spit hit him in the eye, and he pulled back with a yell. That was followed by a swift punch to my gut that left me reeling while the second officer brought back the chair. Many hours later, sitting in my own urine the door opened to my cell for the second time. The light flicked on and Carlos let out a sigh. I could see him through the spit-hood and he angrily turned to the officers who brought him in.

"My client needs access to bathing facilities and a change of clothing, now."

"I'll get on it," one officer moved off while the other stepped into the room.

"Good to see you Carlos," I nodded.

"What on earth happened?"

"Some woman came in, told me she was from the board and wanted me to give them information about the cows in return for visitation rights. I refused, and the two officers that brought me back manhandled me."

"Why wasn't I contacted before my client was questioned?" Carlos asked the officer.

"I'll have to get back to you on that," The officer looked extremely uncomfortable.

"Not good enough, I want copies of all the tapes of the meeting and whatever happened in this cell."

"I'll get on it," he nodded and stepped back so Carlos could examine the room in more detail.

"Is that blood?"

I turned my head, but couldn't see where exactly he was pointing, but the officer blanched slightly.

"Ah, I'm not sure."

"I will be making complaints on behalf of my client, rest assured I will get to the bottom of this."

I sat for a few minutes before the other officer returned with a change of clothes. He gestured for his colleague to wheel me out and the two of them brought me into an empty communal shower. There, I had the hood removed, the cuffs taken off, and the officers stood back to allow me to shower undisturbed. Carlos waited out in the hall for me to finish and I took my time under the hot water. When I was satisfied and they had taken away the chair to be cleaned, I dried myself off and redressed before hobbling out under the watchful eye of the remaining officer.

"I had no part in it," he mumbled softly.

I looked over my shoulder at him, but he just scowled at me, so I turned my head back towards the entrance.

"Footage was deleted, but I got copies of the photos we took of the blood."

I nodded, this time refraining from looking at the man. He brought me out into the hall as the other officer approached with a chair and allowed me to sit.

"Where did the blood come from?" Carlos asked.

"Inside of my upper lip," I offered.

"My client needs to be seen by the nurse."

The trip to the nurse was over relatively quickly. He was an older man who spoke very little. He got me to pull my lip up so he could check the wound, but ultimately decided it didn't need any help. Carlos on the other hand took a photograph for his own records before they brought us into a meeting room to speak.

"This will not be easy," Carlos sighed.

I nodded, "They're trying to force me to tell them how to enslave cows that have been enslaved previously. They're using it as bait to push through whatever they need to give me visitation rights."

Carlos nodded, "I'll be looking into who this woman is, but-"

KNOCK KNOCK

Carlos sighed, "One moment."

He got up and stepped out the door. A moment later, I could hear shouting and Carlos stormed back in looking furious.

"No footage?"

"Either corrupted or deleted, they're not sure which."

I nodded, "The guard in the shower spoke to me. Mentioned photos."

Carlos frowned softly, then nodded. "You'll have to be careful about who you talk to in here. They won't keep you in solitary forever. Once you're moving about on your own properly, they'll likely put you in the general population."

I nodded slowly. "That's both good and bad I suppose."

"I'll see what I can do about visitation. There are limits on numbers and frequency but... I'll see what I can dig up."

"Thank you."

"In the meantime, is there anything you need, anything I can provide?"

"Better security?" I laughed.

Carlos smiled thinly, but he nodded. "I'll see what I can do. It'll look strange if cameras fail every time something happens to you."

"If it continues, should I fight back?"

"I can't counsel you to break the law, Kye. But there is a powerful presence in the nation arguing for leniency. A lot of people are mad that something like this could happen under the authorities' noses for so long."

"And those same authorities are deciding if they're going to try and milk me for information, or silence me."

"Be careful out there Kye. I know you're trained well, but that means little while you're injured."

I nodded, "If the worst should happen, get my cows to our mutual friend. That's the best shot they'll have."

Carlos looked a little sad at first, but he nodded. "Off the record Kye. I sincerely hope that never comes to pass."

"Thank you."

Carlos stepped out of the room and gave a few instructions. The two officers who came in to collect me remained silent. I was wheeled back to my cell and this time they helped me onto my bed before they swiftly left. Then it was a long day of staring at the walls, broken up by a few meals and the occasional sounds of a guard walking past.

That first day, became a second. Carlos didn't visit, but they briefly took me out to accept a phone call from the man. That was code for feeling my heart break as my cows cried hysterically in the background while Claire told me how much they all missed me.

Then it was back to the cell. Two more days passed just like the second, before they took me into the general population. I still limped heavily and was bandaged, but there seemed to be an almost grudging respect for me in here. The other prisoners kept their distance when I kept mine and I slowly picked up from the chatter that they knew who I was. One face I hadn't seen in a while was the officer that dumped me out of the chair. I did not know what happened to him, but he hadn't been around since that first day.

Then, after a particularly brutal phone call with Claire and the cows, I was brought back to a meeting room with the woman from the board. She smiled like she had won something already as I sat down across from her.

"Hello Kye."

"I'm not giving you what you want."

She smiled, "Are you sure that's your final answer?" She took out a device and hit play, letting me listen to the sounds of Rose and Tina singing me a song they wrote together. It was childish, but sweet and it absolutely broke my heart hearing it again. "It sounds like they really miss you."

"Does my lawyer know you're here?"

"I'm afraid not."

"This room isn't actually recording, is it? Someone out there right now is being told to vouch for me being in my cell or something, while you're here trying to blackmail you into information to make slaves, right?"

"It's not quite that black and white," she shook her head.

I nodded, "So, what you're telling me, is that I need to find a way to ensure my lawyer finds out who you are?"

She frowned, looking uncertain of herself for a time. "I'm... Not sure what you're implying here, Mr Wessex."

I nodded slowly, then surged to my feet. The woman squealed in shock as I leaped over the table. Slamming her to the ground, I set my weight on her. I heard the doors yank open as I got my cuffs around her neck and dragged her back against the wall.

"LET HER GO!" one officer roared seeing me from the doorway.

"I've a hostage!" I yelled out. "Get me my fucking lawyer!"

"Let her go, and we'll call him," he man tried as the hallway filled with officers.

"Call him now!" I yelled. "I don't know what you're trying to pull, but either someone calls my lawyer so he can meet this bitch, or I'll fucking kill her and he finds out, anyway!"

"Oh shit," she mumbled, realising exactly what kind of situation she was in.

"Oh shit is right," I snarled in her ear. "I don't know who the fuck you are, but you're the face of whoever is fucking with my family. I've killed for them already, what the fuck makes you think I won't go further?"

"Call him!" The woman snapped. "Call the lawyer!"

"Better," I growled.

The officers started moving. Two of them stepped into the room and I pulled the woman harder against my chest, making them pause.

"Back behind the table," I ordered. "You come forward, I crush her throat. My lawyer shows up, I release her unharmed, that's the deal."

"You're going to go away for a long time for this," one officer tried to reason with me. "If you let her go now-"

"Then one of you corrupt lackeys are going to beat me to death in a cell during a power outage. Fuck off," I snapped. "Sit the fuck down and nobody gets hurt. End of story."

"Just do it!" The woman grunted. "And Kye, can you please loosen your grip?"

I gave her a glare, and her expression withered.

"What's your name?"

"Why should I give you anything?"

I smirked and actually managed a mirthless chuckle. "Welcome to my world. Dress warmly, the weather is cold."

I eyed the surrounding officers who seemed at a bit of a loss of what to do next. They knew who I was and what I was capable of. And while they might save her life if they rushed in quickly, she wasn't getting out without an injury. Whoever she worked for must have been important for them to back right off like this.

"Sasha," the woman grunted. "Now can you please loosen your grip?"

I looked at the awkward angle I was forcing her neck to sit at and nodded. Relaxing my shoulders, she sighed as the pressure reduced and leaned her head forward for comfort.

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me yet," I smirked. "These guys act up, your ass is already out of the frying pan."

I ignored the subtle nod on my cuffs as she nodded her head. But I figured we had an understanding.

Chapter Twelve

"Morning, Calos," I grinned as the lawyer stepped into the cell.

Behind him was a team of officers in riot gear, ready to pounce. My lawyer looked behind him, then to the officers inside the room, and finally to the woman.

"Kye, as your legal representative, I must caution your behaviour."

I grinned and nodded at him. The stoic expression on his face told me everything, especially when I caught the glint of the camera lense attached to his tie.

"As agreed, Sasha, I'm letting you go now."

Relaxing my grip, Sasha took a deep breath as I lifted the cuffs from around her neck. She stepped away from me and rubbed her throat.

"I believe this will be our last meeting, Mr. Wessex."

"I doubt that, but I think I made my point," I answered.

"We have to take him into custody," one officer told Carlos.

The old lawyer nodded. "Kye, will you come peacefully?"

"Of course. Now that things are being done in a safe and legal manner, I'll happily comply."

I smirked in satisfaction as I got to my knees. The officers approached under the careful watch of Carlos. It was one of those moments where I could practically smell the hatred. They wanted to hurt me; they wanted it badly and yet. Here, now, in front of my lawyer, with me cooperating, there was no outlet for their anger. Which put them on the same level as me, trapped in a box with my cows essentially being held hostage.

The officers, once they'd restrained my wrists to my waist and applied leg cuffs, stood me up and brought me out of the room. I hadn't quite worked out the layout of the building yet, but I recognised the corridor they brought me down after the fact. It was near my solitary room, which I hoped they weren't returning me to. It would be far too easy for an accident to occur if I were alone.

With Carlos being led behind, they took me to a familiar meeting room. Inside, Carlos took a seat while I was roughly deposited into a chair and cuffed in place.

"Is that really necessary?" Carlos asked.

"Sir, the prisoner was just involved in a hostage situation. I can uncuff him if you wish, but we will re-cuff him for questioning."

Carlos thought about it for a moment and looked my way. I shrugged, and Carlos nodded. "Very well. I'd like to speak with my client first, though."

"Would you-"

"Alone," Carlos interrupted.

The officer wanted to argue, but the grizzled lawyer's expression made him change his mind. The officer nodded in acceptance and left the room. Carlos sighed and rubbed his face.

"I hope you're being well paid for this," I offered.

Carlos chuckled and shook his head. "My pay is adequate, I assure you. To be honest, though, I'm not in it for the money. I actually have a personal stake in all this."

"Really?"

Carlos nodded slowly. "Really. So you'll have to forgive me when I remind you how fucking idiotic your actions were."

I nodded slowly. "She made more threats. Showed pictures of the cows the government has taken in. She implied that my own cows would look that bad shortly."

"And what happens to them if whoever she works for takes care of you permanently? What then?"

I sighed and nodded in agreement. "You think it might get that far?"

"There was an external tactical unit on standby when I pulled up. They almost refused to allow me into the building."

"Shit," I shook my head. "And now they're putting me in solitary."

"It's a dangerous game," Carlos nodded. "But you've caused them unnecessary trouble. Depending on how this plays out, things could go either way."

"Either way, they know I'm not playing games."

Carlos smiled as someone knocked on the door. It opened as a detective stepped into the room.

"Is now a good time to take the statement, or do you need any longer?"

***

It was the heavy bangs on the door two days later that woke me. I did not know what time it was. My days in solitary were a combination of quiet reflection, sleep, and occasional meals. I'd been sleeping lightly and often in case I needed to listen out for someone coming. So having such a loud entrance was out of the ordinary.

"You've got visitors."

"Fuck," I grumbled.

Getting up, I moved to the door and extended my wrists through the small hatch. They were cuffed, and I moved to the rear of the cell to wait before the main door itself was unlocked.

"Do I need my lawyer?" I asked as it swung open.

The officer gave me a level glare, but shook his head. That... Was either good or bad and I did not know exactly which. Following along, I noted the abundance of officers escorting me. It appeared I was being treated as dangerous. And all things considered, that was probably a smart option. But that did nothing for my confidence as they brought me into a large meeting room. Here, a team of officers set me in a chair.

"You remain seated until we leave the room. If you get up, you will be restrained and returned to your cell. Am I understood?"

I frowned. This was... Not what I was expecting. If they wanted to have me killed, it would be easier if I were cuffed. But it would be easier to justify my death if they could fabricate a way for me to have escaped. Either way, there was little I could do about it at this point, so I nodded. My cuffs were removed, and the officers quickly retreated. I looked to the door across the room at the far end and listened to the click as it unlocked. Tensing, I got ready for anything as the handle turned and the door cracked open.

"Master?"

I blinked as it swung open, revealing who was on the other side. "Rose?"

"MASTER!" a chorus of voices rang out.

I got to my feet before a herd of cattle slammed me into the ground. Rose, my dear, sweet Rose, was sobbing hysterically while she clung to me. Tina, not to be outdone, had bodily wrapped herself around my arm, while Joan attached herself to my legs. All three cows were crying hysterically, and I did my best to comfort each of them.

While they were all tremendously beautiful, each of them had signs of stress and worry. Their eyes were sunken like they had slept little. Their skin was dry like they'd been lacking nutrients and their hair was limp, despite it being brushed neatly for their visit. They had a hungry look to them, like they hadn't been eating, and it just about broke my heart as they pressed their bodies to me. I did not know if they were being milked, but their usual impressive bust was somewhat lacking. Almost as if they'd stopped producing.