Rose Bk. 02 (The Novel)

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So..."

"So this is honestly a barbeque. Jones is going to go get some fresh steaks and some beer. We'll let the cows have a social and I'll take you two home again later if you like."

"Right," Matthew nodded. "I just... I thought."

"Told you," I smiled. "If I was going to shoot either of you, it would have been your father."

Matthew smirked, "Yeah, still though, please don't. He's paying for everything."

I nodded. "Come on."

Jones spoke with Lori while the cows got themselves situated. More hugs, more headbutts and a few more tears. As Matthew helped me get the barbeque out of the car and around the back, Jones left on his shopping trip. Ducking by their ranch was different to visiting town. I had a bullseye on me these days and public visits weren't the best option. We had a relaxing day of fun, chatter and lots of excited hugs and moos. The cow's simple delight in having others of their kind broke down any nervousness towards anyone here in attendance.

"It's kinda sweet, huh?" Claire asked, sitting beside me.

I nodded, "Did they have this, when they were in the barn?"

Claire frowned, "I don't think so. Not really. Jim was pretty strict on the no speaking unless spoken to rule."

"The more I think about how they were kept, the more I wish I kept him alive longer," I grunted.

"Nah," Lori shook her head. "Whatever you did was enough. You're not a monster like the rest of them."

I smiled at what she said and nodded along. "I don't regret it."

"And you shouldn't," She added immediately. "Just don't go beating yourself up for not lowering yourself to their standards. I had to order Cindy and Anna to use the bathroom when they needed to. They went almost that entire first day with full bladders and were almost in tears when they admitted to me what the problem was."

"Did Jones tell you how Adrian died?"

Lori nodded, "Let's just say, he was very well rewarded after explaining the fact."

I smirked as Lori dropped that subtle hint. Matthew assured me that his father would care for their cows that afternoon. Lori, Jones and Matthew all took turns in the shed before Claire and I took our own cows in for their afternoon milking. Then it was onto the barbeque itself. The smell of cooking meat filled the air as the sun dropped below the horizon. We were light on the beer. Lori and Jones had no issues having a couple each and neither did I. But Lori didn't miss when she and our cows refrained. Matthew apparently didn't drink beer, and Suzie decided against it after having a sip offered by Lori.

Hours later as the moon was high, I watched Lori and Jones turn off in one direction, while I took Matthew and Suzie in another. Claire had remained back home with the cows and Suzie was snoring softly against Matthew's arm.

"Convinced I'm not going to hurt you?" I asked.

Matthew grinned in the back seat. "Yeah. I think you're alright."

"I can handle that," I nodded. "I'll try to organise-"

BANG!

The car slid sideways as the front tire blew out. Suzie lowed in terror as we lurched heavily to one side. The four-wheel drive slid into a ditch as I tried to correct it. I had a moment of acceptance, right before it rolled. I lost track of how many times we bounced before finally coming to a stop. After groaning, I silently thanked the stars that it had not rained in a while.

"You two okay?" I asked, reaching for the ceiling light to illuminate the upside down cabin.

"Suze?"

"I'm okay master," Suze whimpered softly. "Master, you're bleeding!"

I turned in my seat. It was hard to do while hanging in the belt, but I glimpsed the younger man's face. He had a minor cut on his forehead but seemed otherwise fine, which he confirmed repeatedly while Suzie fussed over him. I looked around and wondered how I was going to get out of this. To release the belt, I'd need to take my weight off it first.

"You okay in there?" A voice called out.

"We're stuck!" Matthew called back.

I heard multiple footsteps approaching and felt a pit open in my stomach.

"Hold on, we'll get you three out."

"Shit," I sighed.

Looking around desperately, I had nothing in reach that I could use. My weapons were back at the cabin and I didn't have so much as a knife on me. I kept nothing in the car. A light poked through my broken driver's window and shined up into my eyes.

"Hold on there. Wouldn't want you getting hurt now," the owner of the light chuckled. "Just keep those hands where I can see them."

"You cops?" Matthew asked.

"Not quite," someone outside laughed as they started pulling on the passenger door.

"Don't hurt the kid and the cow and I'll come peacefully," I sighed.

"Cow's paid for, we're just gonna bring him home to daddy. You on the other hand. I kinda hoped you'd give me an excuse."

I sighed as Suzie moo'ed in fright and Matthew started yelling. The car shifted as they were pulled free. Then I heard an angle grinder start. The man with the torch slipped out before sparks appeared where he was laying. I looked around for something, anything really that I could use. And then I remembered. Pulling my keys from the ignition, I checked the keyring for something I hadn't thought of in a while. It was just a little cylinder with a button on one end. The emergency transponder Lori gave me.

"Is that enough?"

The door shifted beside me.

"Bit at the top."

I heard the grinder start again and shuddered. Unscrewing the cylinder, it was small, half the size of a triple-A battery. I pressed the button on the top and saw it blink. Then I put it in my mouth and swallowed.

The door shifted, and the grinder pulled away before shutting down. Then with a few yanks the door came free, and it left me staring at a man holding a gun on me.

"Unarmed," he grinned.

Then his boot came up and slammed into my head. It wasn't enough to knock me out, but I didn't notice him messing with my seatbelt until I landed on my head. My initial reaction was to lash out at the people grabbing me. I tried to scrabble away while kicking, but a loud crack signalled a lance of pain in the side of my leg. Gritting my teeth I clutched at the bullet wound while a team of men dragged me out of the car. One spoke, his voice was familiar as he blinded me with his light. But I couldn't make out the words he spoke.

With two men holding my under the arms, they dragged me into the back of a large van.

"Someone hold him."

I grit my teeth as several hands pinned me down in place. They pulled my injured leg out, and I fought against them. A fist impacting the side of my jaw knocked me back into a state of semi-consciousness. But that only lasted as long as it took for them to dig into my leg for the bullet. The van lurched, and I felt something pinch. I couldn't help the howl that escaped my lips, and they met it with laughter.

"Shut him up!" Someone, probably the guy digging in my leg, ordered.

They pressed a gag to my lips, but I grit my teeth to prevent the intrusion.

"Come on, ya fucker!" The man snarled.

I shook my head and earned myself a hard slap. As my ear rang, I must have loosened my jaw enough that they forced the gag in. Then with my jaw wedged open painfully, they strapped it in place. The whole time, I growled as someone dug around in my leg wound.

"Got it!"

I moaned into the gag as I felt something being pulled out, before I felt it ping off my forehead.

"How's about that, hit twice with the same bullet," a voice laughed.

I slumped back on the floor until they poured something wet into my leg that burned like acid. Thrashing from side to side, I got my arm free. Punching the guy holding my other arm, I got it free as well. That lasted as long as it took for someone to kick me in the face again. This one broke my nose and my vision went red as I tasted blood.

"That one's going to cost ya," someone snapped.

"Let me stitch him first, then you can flog him all ya want."

A boot pressed down on the fingers of my right hand and I howled as I felt the first stitch. I was trapped, pinned in place and I finally lost the fight in me. Slumping back against the floor I breathed through the pain. I did not know who these people were, but that probably didn't matter. They knew who I was. I just hoped that Jones and Lori didn't wait too long. If they were patching me up, that meant they planned on keeping me for a while. And that had horrific consequences for the cows. Hell, it had consequences for Claire too.

Opening my eyes, I started looking around. The van shifted and made the light whoever was holding flicker. I started memorising details where I could. Facial features, hair colour, the smell of their cologne. Because I was going to hunt each and every one of these fuckers down. I just needed to get out of here first.

Chapter Ten

"Wakey wakey!"

I felt the firm slap and jolted awake. I tried to swear at my abuser, but with the gag in my mouth I barely managed a muffled, "Oh ugh or-elhh!"

It made little sense, but he must have understood as he gave me an amused grin. He wasn't familiar in any way. Just a goon for whoever was in charge. He was my height, but with a shaved head and a small scar on his chin. He wore a dark suit that seemed to match what the rest of them were wearing as well. I had a sinking feeling from the memory of the last time I came up against men in suits.

"Get him inside," the man grinned.

I felt two hands take me under my arms. They hauled me out of the van and I got my first view of the outside. Not that it gave me a lot of information. It was just buildings. We were in an alleyway. Brick wall on one side, concrete on the other. The usual graffiti that could be seen anywhere in this part of the city. We must have only been just inside the alleyway because I couldn't make out anything at the far end other than a few windows and lights. When I tried to turn my head to look behind, the ringleader chuckled and shoved my chin forcing me forward again. And whether intentional or not, it knocked the gag free, letting my stretch my jaw for a moment.

"S'pose it'd be stupid to ask where you were taking me?"

My answer was a swift fist in my stomach. Doubling over, I felt myself wanting to heave from the impact. If not for the two guys holding my arms, I'm sure I would have collapsed. Still bent doubled, they hauled me forward. I managed a step before my injured leg gave out. The men just dragged me without a concern. A sharp right turn had me open my eyes long enough to watch me pass through a brick lined doorway. I could see this was basically an enormous warehouse. Rows of shelves and crates, a few vehicles and some heavy equipment.

If I had any delusions about where I was going to end up, it probably had something to do with the hole in the middle of the warehouse and the concrete truck. Beside it was an excavator that had dug the hole and a dump truck that contained what they'd dug out already. But they weren't taking me to die yet. They were taking me towards a section at the far end that looked like offices and a break room.

Turns out the break room was the intended target and they swiftly dumped me in a heavy, wooden chair. With a grunt, one man shoved me back, while two more appeared with thick leather bindings. They went around my wrists and ankles, pinning me to the chair itself. With a pat on my injured leg, they stood back, and they gave me a moment to admire the room. Or more importantly, the people inside. There was a handful in the room. The guy who woke me with the scar on his chin. The two monkeys that brought me inside and two more. The one who had helped strap me down, and another that was fiddling with a laptop. A laptop that looked like Jim's.

"So, I gather by the hole in the ground this is one of those, pump me for information then kill me situations, right?"

"Pretty much," the ringleader chuckled.

I nodded, "So what do I call you? Pretty boy?"

I didn't hear the response as my ears rang from the punch that landed across my cheek. It was high, clear of my jaw but my eye watered from the impact.

"You can call me Jim."

"Jim?" I grunted, blinking as I tried to work out if my eye was damaged or just sore.

"Jim," he repeated.

"Is your name actually Jim, or does the guy in charge think so little of you he reduced your position to a three letter word?"

That time I was ready for the punch. Rolling my head from the impact, I kept hold of my bearings and grinned at the man.

"You think you're funny?"

"Not particularly," I grinned. "But if tonight's going to be my last night, I'm gonna give it my all."

That at least got a smirk out of him, and he leaned back on a nearby table. "Before we get the line connected, we may as well start then."

"Not going anywhere," I shrugged.

"I think I'd have liked you once upon a time," Jim said with a sad smile.

"Nah," I grinned. "I'm not into men."

That punch really knocked me about and I heard Jim cautioning the guy about doing it again. So they wanted information, and they wanted me clear-headed enough to give it. That meant they probably wanted me alive for a while yet.

"Kye, you still with us?"

"I assume if I were anywhere else, I wouldn't be strapped to this uncomfortable ass chair," I snorted. Jim held up his hand as I heard the guy beside me shift and I grinned softly to myself. "So what do you wanna know before mommy gets on the phone?"

"Just the usual," Jim nodded. "Who are you really, who do you work for, that kind of thing?"

I blinked and looked at the man. Cocking my head slightly, I could see he was serious. "You mean you don't know?"

"You got me," Jim shrugged. "You're a bit of a ghost. We know you've a military record, we know they gave you an honourable discharge, and within weeks of that, you raided a holding pen."

"I suppose the question then becomes, what can I tell you that you'd believe?"

Jim smiled thinly, "Do you want me to attempt a Russian accent when I tell you we have ways of making you talk?"

"Not particularly," I grinned. "Still don't know how to explain how Rose ran through my campground in the middle of the night and I thought someone had kidnapped her."

Jim frowned, "What do you mean?"

"That's how this all happened. I went bush, wanted to clear my head, so I packed my gear and started walking. Three days in, middle of the night I hear something crashing through the trees. Rose did a runner and those two idiots who had here chased her down. I killed one, injured the other and spent the night pressed between Rose's tits."

I sat there staring at the man while he stared right back. I could see the gears turning in his eyes while he tried to decipher the information I had given him. From my estimate, he was halfway towards believing me when I heard a computerised chime.

"Sir," a soft voice called.

Jim turned his head and nodded. A moment later the last member inside the room brought the laptop around and set it on the table in front of me. On the screen was an elderly Japanese man who glared openly at me.

"Mr Tanaka I presume?"

"You took something from me," He said with surprisingly little accent.

"Rose?"

"Twenty-seven-five-eight-six," he nodded.

"I'll fight you for her," I grinned.

The man frowned deeply and sighed. "I would have instructed my men to kill you already, but no doubt you have come to realise I want information from you."

I nodded slowly, "Yup, not going to make it easy. I don't like giving freebies to cowards who flee the country."

I grinned despite the ring in my ears. That punch was coming, and I knew it. But I didn't care. There was a low droning thrum in the background. The kind of droning thrum that came from a slowly circling helicopter.

"Now, if you are willing to be civil about this, I am trying to help."

"Help?" I chuckled. "Latte, no sugar, don't forget to stir and I'll need an arm free so I can hold it."

I half expected to be punched again, but I just met Mr Tanaka's glare instead. "You joke," he nodded. "But I'm entirely serious. You know as well as I do, that you are going to die here. Why make it difficult?"

"Because I have a very low opinion of slavers," I snorted.

"Slavers?" Mr Tanaka cocked his head. "Mr Wessex, you, yourself, own slaves."

"Technically," I admitted. "But I don't treat them like slaves."

"Gilded cages," Mr Tanaka scoffed.

"However you want to think about it. I wouldn't have them as slaves if I didn't have to. I'd rather they be free."

"Yes," Mr Tanaka nodded. "But there lies the crux of the issue. They can't be, can they?" I frowned as he chuckled softly. "Tell me Mr Wessex, do you know what becomes of a cow without a master?"

I looked over at Jim and nodded towards the screen. "He ever ask you to rotate a PDF?"

A firm hand gripped my chin and yanked my head around to stare at the screen. Two of the men picked up the table and brought it closer. I doubted it was for my benefit, especially when the tech guy adjusted the screen so the webcam was focused more on my face.

"Do not test my patience, Mr Wessex," Mr Tanaka droned. "While I am not there in person, I have a long reach."

I did my best to keep my expression clear as the blade pushed into my hand. Mr Tanaka just stared right back as I trembled in rage. I refused to look at the guy with the knife as he leaned on the blade forcing it into the wood.

"There is an easy way, Mr Wessex. All I want to know is how you caused an imprinted cow, to change masters."

"Who's your source?" I grunted as the knife in my hand wobbled.

"Mr Daniels," he smiled. "I believe you two met. And thanks to that lovely news report, it was easy to spot that not only had she not wasted away, but she was thriving!"

"And why should I tell you?"

"Because Mr Wessex," he smiled widely. "When we find your cows, I would much prefer them to remain alive."

"So you can rape them? Torture them? Kill them? I saw the termination room. I know what you fuckers are doing and if you think I'm going to help you, you've got another thing com-AHHH!"

Mid-sentence I felt the knife as it was yanked free. I trembled from the adrenaline pumping through my veins. The urge to kill was forefront on my mind. I would give anything to get my hands around Mr Tanaka's neck. But there were a few things in my way. First, were my restraints. Straps around my arms and legs, I wasn't going anywhere. Second, geography. Getting to Japan would be problematic. And last, it was the loud explosion and flash of white from multiple points around the warehouse all at once.

The surrounding room erupted as a series of loud bangs went off. The sound of gunfire filled the warehouse and someone knocked me to the ground. I hit hard as tables were tipped over and the glass windows of the lunch room shattered. There were voices now, someone giving orders amongst the shots being fired. I shifted on my side and felt a small amount of flex in the chair. So I used it. Pulling my knees to my chest, before trying to straighten them I felt part of the chair separating. Whoever shoved me over must have loosened something and I was going to take every advantage.

A loud clatter caught my attention and I could see Mr Tanaka staring at me through the cracked screen of the laptop. I shot him a smirk as he reached towards his own computer and turned it off. When the screen went black, I went back to weakening the chair. Shoving my hips back and forward while stretching my legs out as far as I could, it was slow, painful work. The wound in my leg ached with each push, while my hand made it difficult to pull. My only advantage was with the chaos of the gunfire and smoke around me, nobody noticed when I felt the back of the chair separate.

With a triumphant grin, I pushed my legs down creating a gap between the two pieces. Pulling the back of the chair under my ass, I had enough reach to grab the straps around my legs. It was a simple belt buckle design, and I quickly pulled them off. Kicking the base of the chair away, I rolled onto my knees and looked around.

1...910111213...16