Rosie's DUI Court Appearance

Story Info
Rosie appears in court for sentence.
11.4k words
4.31
35.4k
18

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 03/23/2024
Created 09/18/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jdb12399
jdb12399
174 Followers

Note to reader

This story is the first in a mini series based in the same 'world' as my Fraudulent Judicial Punishment story but is not linked so you don't need to read one before the other.

This first chapter of this story has very little 'action' in it. There is nudity and search but the focus of this chapter is the process of being sentenced to corporal punishment.

Please do give me feedback. I'm still very new to this and will happily accept guidance and ideas from readers. Remember though, if you comment or feedback anonymously, I can't reply.

Hope you enjoy. Assuming people are interested in what happens to Rosie, I will continue writing.

Jdb123

**

Rosie's DUI Court Appearance

She stood in the dock of the courtroom and could barely keep herself from vomiting. It had been an unbelievable 12 hours since Rosie was out in the city with her friends. She was still dressed as she had been when she walked into the bar to meet everyone in person for the first time in several months. She reflected now that perhaps this wasn't the best outfit of choice for a court appearance. Not that she'd had much choice having been brought here directly from the police cell.

She was wearing a dress that clung to her butt and her chest without covering as much of her legs as she would like for a court appearance. The officer had given her back her high shoes when he let her out of the cell this morning on the way to court. Her hair was now tied back in a simple ponytail after the officer at the police station had provided the bobble and she imagined it probably looked something of a mess. She had naturally dark hair, but it was dyed into a subtle red colour. Her purse had not been returned to her, nor had her jewellery so she had no belongings.

The lockdown, as a result of the covid pandemic, had seen Rosie alone in her flat for most of the time and she was nervous about the evening as she walked in and saw her friends. It was so lovely to see everyone and in no time at all, a glass of champagne had been thrust into her hand, and then another and then another.

Rosie had had an excellent evening catching up with her friends. The only problem was, she had driven into town, perhaps naively, not expecting to drink.

When they eventually got asked to leave as the bar closed, she had realised that she'd had too much champagne to drive. That was obvious. But she couldn't leave the car where she had parked. In the morning, it would be illegally parked and would get towed away, so she decided moving it around the corner would be ok. It really wasn't far and the road was quiet. Then, she'd get a taxi back with ar to sleep at hers.

She looked through the glass of the dock and surveyed the room.

It wasn't like she had seen on TV. There was no wooden panelling for a start. Everything looked crisp and professional and almost like a normal office building save for the layout, and th dock and the bench where the magistrates would sit.

There were maybe twenty people in the room on the other side of the security glass. She was embarrassed already that they were going to watch what happened to her. Looking at them, she assumed they were mostly solicitors and there was a general murmur of chatter in the room. It seemed bizarrely informal. She hated being the centre of attention and was much happier on the side-lines of whatever was going on in most situations. She was a university lecturer and it was different there -- she was the expert and people were quiet to listen. Not like in social situations.

She was locked in a dock, that much she did recognise from TV. There was a solid wall about waist height and then large glass panels to the ceiling with gaps between so she could hear what was happening in court.

She had come up a flight of stairs with the police officer that was stood with her and the door she came in, put her straight into the dock. In the small space, she registered the fact she was probably due a shower and felt embarrassed again, glancing at the police officer who was entirely disinterested in the entire scene as he looked like he'd rather be pretty much anywhere else.

She looked over at her solicitor who was sitting chatting to his colleague. A nice looking blonde lady in a sharp suit. It appeared to Rosie that perhaps her current plight was not at the forefront of his mind as he flirted with the solicitor. She wondered just how much use he was about to be. She was going to be in a fair bit of trouble and he has already warned her that hers were now classic offences that attracted corporal punishment. This obviously worried her greatly, but equally so did the university finding out what had happened. Her solicitor did seem to give the impression that corporal punishment could offer a relatively quick, albeit extremely painful, way out of this mess she'd got herself into.

She was distracted from this thread as she heard someone shout, "all rise" and everyone in the court room stood as 3 people walked in through a door at the front and sat in the three big chairs on the raised platform. There were two women and one man, the women being easily in their sixties, but the man being furthest away was harder to call. They were all dressed professionally and none of them gave anything away in their faces.

Everyone sat back down again leaving Rosie and the police officer in the dock with her as the only two standing.

"Good morning everyone." said the lady sat in the middle of the 3, "Looking at my list, we have the matter of 'Thompson' up first?"

"Yes ma'am. Rosie Thompson appearing from custody charged with two offences. We're ready to proceed in that matter". This came from a portly gentleman sat infront of the three magistrates.

"Very well" came the formal, clipped reply.

The man turned to the dock "Are you Rosie Thompson?" he enquired across the room.

"Errr yes . . Sir"

He confirmed her address and date of birth.

"You are charged that last night, in the county of Greater West, you drove a motor vehicle on a public road whilst over the prescribed limit of alcohol by breath namely 94 micrograms per 100 millilitres with the legal maximum being 35. For this matter, how do you plead?"

Panic took over. The formality of that terrified her. She had to plead guilty to a criminal offence in a court room! Her solicitor had briefed her on this when he met her in the cell about an hour ago. They had decided that there was no escaping it and to plead guilty early would be best. She couldn't find the words. The silence in the court room continued as the man looked at her with no hint of emotion in his face. The career bureaucrat, dealing with yet another silly girl, neither patient or impatient.

She glanced at her solicitor who smiled and nodded encouragingly. "errr guilty," she managed.

"Thank you" the man continued. "Further, you are charged that on the same occasion in the county of Greater West, you drove that motor vehicle on a road or other public place, namely Queen Street, when there was not in force in relation to that use, a policy of insurance in respect of third party risks contrary to section 143 of the Road Traffic Act 1984 and Schedule 2 of the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988. To that charge, how do you plead?"

"Guilty" Rosie said, looking at the floor.

"Very well. Sit down," the man replied.

The blonde lady that Rosie's solicitor had been flirting with before the magistrates came in stood up. She had her hair tied back into a formal ponytail and put glasses on to read. She was medium height and build and was certainly not unattractive, even to Rosie whose mind was certainly not focused on the merits of the counsel for the prosecution.

When she spoke, she had a professional voice with almost no accent and although she had her laptop open, didn't seem to need to read from it very much.

"Your worships, my name is Miss Robinson and I appear for The Crown Prosecution Service. PC 17798 Phillips was on routine patrol in the city centre last night when she observed the defendant getting into a black car. The defendant drove out of a side road and onto the main road, clipping the kerb during her manoeuvre. PC Phillips turned her patrol car around and switched on the emergency lighting indicating for the driver to pull over her car. She did so without incident and was required to provide a sample of breath for analysis which she did and so failed the road side breath test resulting in her being arrested.

"At the police station, Ms Thompson provided two samples of breath, the lower of which was 94. In fairness to Ms Thompson, PC Phillips did not indicate any elements of bad driving save for clipping the kerb.

"Further checks revealed that Ms Thompson's policy of insurance had expired and she was consequently driving without insurance.

"Unless I can be of any further assistance, your worships."

She sat down. She had managed to summarise the last terrible 12 hours into about 90 seconds and in doing so had all but convicted Rosie in two or three sentences. By the look of her, she had already moved into the next case on her laptop. Rosie couldn't believe it. How could she have been so stupid. She was sure she was about to wake up from this nightmare.

Her solicitor stood up and confirmed this was real. "Your worships, I am representing Ms Thompson. Given that the high reading puts this offence into category 3 of 4, a report will be required to assist you with sentence. May I respectfully suggest that Ms Thompson meet the Punishment Assessment Officer before I address the court on her behalf, thus saving precious court time?"

"Yes Mr Ericsson, that seems eminently sensible" the chairwoman said. Turning to the dock, she looked at Rosie "Ms Thompson, you've heard what has happened. We are going to suspend this case until you have spoken to a Punishment Assessment Officer who will report back to the court later today where we will finalise this matter. It is important you co-operate with the process as this is more likely to help your situation than harm it.

"Go with the officer now please and we will see you later".

Rosie's hands were cuffed again in front of her, the police officer grabbed the chain between the cuffs and she was led downstairs back to the cell. Her wrists were released and she sat back into the cot bench as the bars were slid shut. She was in what was essentially a cage with one solid wall at the back and bars at the sides and front.

There was a bench attached to the stone wall and a narrow window above that perhaps 10 inches tall. The room was mostly lit from electric lights hanging in their own protective cages way above head height. The area was clearly of an age, but it was tidy and clean. This was the same cell as she had been sat in waiting for the hearing.

Some of the other cells had people in them too. There was mixture of men and women. It seemed to be one line of cells for females and one for males on the other side of the corridor.

Rosie tried to take stock of her situation. She was still dressed in what she wore last night, a dress and shoes that were perfect for the trendy bar last night, but were hardly ideal for sitting here in a cell.

There was a man in the cell opposite who hadn't said anything to Rosie all morning, but was openly appraising her. She tried not to look at him but she was embarrassed. She really was not one for male attention. She always felt awkward. She had had a boyfriend in the past, but she actually was more interested in women although she'd never had the confidence to follow through on that. Her friend Stacey was so confident and outgoing, Rosie wished she was more like her and she also knew that if Stacey were here, she would feel so much better.

Last night had been so important for her to get back out and see her friends. Not just Stacey, although she was particularly pleased when she realised she'd be there. She always considered herself socially awkward and was far from confident. The pandemic lock down had left her in her flat all day most days with only video calls for company.

Her friends mostly had partners and she was the only person she knew who lived alone. She had been lonely in the last month and she had so needed that night out so badly. She couldn't believe she'd got here. It was so bloody stupid she was really cross with herself.

The cell door next to hers slammed and she found she was now next to another woman who had been put in the cell. She was everything Rosie felt she wasn't. She was slim and pretty, she too was still made up from the night before, but her new cell mate looked much better for it than Rosie did. The woman glanced at Rosie but didn't bother to engage in any sort of conversation. She looked really pissed off and Rosie had no desire to try and engage in conversation with her. The fewer people she saw or spoke to, the better off she was right now.

Rosie felt as if she was about to cry again. She had a headache which she put down to the champagne the night before.

A lady came to her cell door. She put a key in and turned it, opening the door and stepping inside. She was dressed in a cheapish suit, her hair and nails were neatly kept and she was attractive in a non classic, subtle way. She wore very little makeup, but Rosie suspected the woman spent a lot of time to make it look like she spent no time at all.

"I'm Ms Gale. I'm your Punishment Assessment Officer after you've pled guilty to. . ." she paused as she read from her clipboard ". . excess alcohol and no insurance.

"OK, that shouldn't be too complicated, pretty simple really. It's my job to advise the court on a best fit punishment for you looking at your personal circumstances, the offences you've committed and the necessity to protect the public from re-offending."

Rosie wasn't entirely sure she liked the sound of that, particularly the last part. Did this woman mean prison? Surely not?

"There'll be a series of questions I want you to answer in this questionnaire," she continued, holding up a thick booklet, "and then we'll have a chat and finally we'll do the physical exam as these are both schedule 2 offences so corporal punishment is a possible outcome."

Rosie shuddered. She knew this, so it didn't come as a massive shock to her, but even so. She could hardly bear the idea of a physical exam, whatever that was, never mind the idea of a spanking. Or worse.

She hadn't taken that much interest in the area of the relatively recent corporal punishment law that had come in. Why would she -- it wasn't as if she ever expected to be needing to be familiar. She was aware there were the usual punishments that would be expected to come to mind such as whipping and caning, and she was aware it was sometimes done in public. She had a nagging feeling though, that she'd read about far worse things.

She swallowed and fought hard to keep the tears back. She could see the woman in the next cell looking on in interest and obviously she could hear the whole conversation. She felt her face flush at the thought of it.

"Errrm. Is there anywhere more private please?" Rosie whispered.

"No. We're in a court building, not a doctor's room. I'm afraid were going to have to do it here," replied Ms Gale. "You also want to consider getting it done quickly. You don't want to miss your slot in the courtroom and have to wait until the end of the day. Or worse."

With that she handed Rosie a pen and the booklet which was titled 'Defendant Fact Find Questionnaire'. "I'll be back in fifteen minutes. Please make sure you're done. I have a lot of you to deal with this morning. Saturdays are always busy with this type of thing". With that, she got up and left the cell, locking the door behind her.

Rosie glanced around to find the man and the woman both watching her. She flashed a brief shy smile at the woman, but she didn't reciprocate.

Rosie opened the booklet and started answering questions. The first section was all about her personal details such as name, address, date of birth, national insurance number, job title, her earnings, her monthly income and expenses It was all fairly straight forward but a little dull.

She sighed and flicked forward and immediately wished she hadn't.

The section at the back clearly marked 'OFFICIAL USE ONLY' had outline pictures of the human body, both male and female and a lot of boxes for all sorts of measurements. A lot of measurements. More measurements than Rosie would have thought possible. A number of them didn't look at all fun to have taken. The one that made her shudder was labelled 'spine base to pubis through crotch'. She could feel her face burn again from the embarrassment the thought.

Aware of the deadline she had been given, she flicked back to where she was up to.

The form moved into standard behavioural questions that she'd completed a few times for job applications etc. These were the sort of questions that would give her personality type.

The form then began moving into much more personal questions. They were asking about any medical conditions and her sexual health. It asked about her periods and when she was due her next. It went on to ask about her sex life and how often and whether with males or females. It even asked if she was into any kind of kinky stuff. This was awful. Most of these things, Rosie had never talked about with anyone, and now she was having to write it all on a government form.

She decided that honesty was probably the best policy as awfully embarrassing as it was and began to detail her limited sexual experience with men and decided to mention her liking of girls.

The section about kinks was a list of some things she thought might have been illegal. Most of the corporal punishments she expected to be potentially given to her were on the list and she couldn't reconcile in her head that people would do it for fun. She began to tick boxes in the 'no' column.

She got to 'light bondage' and paused a second, having never actually done it, but not completely adverse to the idea, in the right circumstances. Had Stacey have wanted to tie Rosie's wrists to the bed for example... She pulled herself together and ticked 'no' and moved on.

The form asked about whether she routinely shaved her vagina and if so, fully or partially. She realised she hadn't done anything at all down there for several weeks and so ticked 'no' again.

She got to the end of the form, or at least the end of the bit she was allowed to complete and sat waiting for the Punishment Officer to return.

She sat there pondering the answers she'd given to some of the most personal questions she'd ever even considered, never mind answered before. Twice, she picked the pen up to change an answer and then put it down again without changing.

She looked around the cell block again and found that there was quite a fast paced turn around going on. The cells at the far end now had people in them, but the cell next to leery man had now emptied. The woman was still in the cell next to her and was still as cold in her body language. She looked so much more confident than Rosie felt. As Rosie looked at the woman, their eyes met and the woman in the next cell asked "What?"

"Nothing. Sorry" Rosie replied and looked at the floor again. The woman didn't reply and a stony silence seemed to descend on the pair.

It was about a ten minute wait until Ms Gale returned and all that time she had managed to avoid eye contact with the man opposite and tried, without that much success, to not think about the content of the form any further or what punishment may await her.

Ms Gale entered the cell quickly, clearly in a rush. She dropped a couple of items on the bench next to Rosie. There was a standard tape measure, a pincher type device that Rosie had no idea about but was certain it wasn't going to friendly and a set of standard bathroom scales.

jdb12399
jdb12399
174 Followers