All Comments on 'Roxanne's Reunion'

by JustLikeEwe

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Great

I liked your story very much. It appears you have your head screwed on right: you can discern fantasy from reality.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Very Enjoyable

Not sure how I would have responded, but it worked out. Different story, I like that.

energystarenergystarabout 15 years ago
who knows

i think the same. thanks for sharing - nice story

energystarenergystarabout 15 years ago
who knows

i think the same. thanks for sharing - nice story

Orion623Orion623about 15 years ago
Very Good

Using IM as dialogue rather than filling up space with narrative gave the story a 'real time' feel. Because of that it was easy to picture myself as the unnamed husband virtually looking over Roxanne's shoulder as she put her thoughts and memories on the computer screen. The author created an increasing tension as more and more of Richard's predatory intentions became known. This was a really well done story.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969about 15 years ago
Good story. It has got me thinking.

First of all I don't have a 'CHAT' account so this situation wouldn't happen in the real world. Secondly I don't know if 39 qualifies as old (some mornings it does) but my wife and I have been maried 15 years i have known her for touching 20 years. In all that time we have been honest with each other. If I think a female is attractive I will say so. If she thinks a man is attractive she will say so if she talks to a stranger at work or in our life at home she will tell me, just as I will tell her about whoever I met or spoke to that day. So from that perspective IF my wife EVER started talking to an ex-boyfriend I would know about, you have said that we all have a private place where we can go to. Well my wife knows about this website she knows who I talk to because I tell her. I talk to various people on this site and other sites by email and I tell her about each person. She accepts these exchanges of email as just that. I give her no chance to misunderstand what I am doing. At any time my wife could look at my emails(she knows my password, as I know hers) and see what I have written. We have total communcation with each other nothing is left out. That is my marriage. Boring? No! Old fashioned? perhaps. But I firmly believe that marriage should be honest and that is my opinion only. I know people on this site want to hear about how us writers don't let our wives or girlfriends read our emails and stories or they want to hear about how our wives or girlfriends did this and that without us knowing. Well sorry to dissapoint. Okay I will get off my soapbox now. Back to the story, I am glad your 'wife' was strong and didn't do what 'Richard' wanted her to do. The question I have to ask the readers of this story, IS CYBERSEX CHEATING? as in if they are NEVER going to meet and two people are just enjoying themselves by turning each other on by computer. I would personally say it is IF their partner does NOT know about it. In the story the 'Wife' should have told 'you' the husband about the chats, from day one. And I don't care if your 'Wife' would throw a fit But I would certainly tell her I knew about it I would certainly show her what I had read, it would depend on her reaction to me telling her this information which way our marriage would go, if she got upset and accused me of checking up on her and not trusting her and making excuses for what she did then I would seriously question her about what she thought A marriage was all about. So yes I would confront her. And to answer my own question cybersex is cheating if one partner does not know about it. Thank you for the story as I said it got me thinking.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Fascinating and thought provoking

Thanks for an interesting read. I never felt certain that I knew where the story was going, but then again if this was a true story, I guess that's how the author must have felt. As for what I would have done, I hope I would have done the same thing. I probably would have started to jump to the same conclusions and begun to let all sorts of scenarios play out in my head. I think it's true that a lot of us guys don't hold ourselves to the same standards as we do our women. Well done. A fast and easy read that was like reading the diaries of a couple - not only the wife but the husband as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
~thank you~

i am from the other perspective "roxannes" i am in this situation and am in the same idea as roxanne, its okay talking online but real time, no thank you, i love my husband too much.

how would i feel if it were the other way around, devastated, so at least i know that i am not alone

thank you ~ deka

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 15 years ago
You asked about the MARRIAGE and NOT the story

The author asks US the reader about the MARRIAGE. The author says this is TRUE story and is asking about how we as the reader would handle the same or similar situation. The author is not asking us about the story. So far from the comments that I have read few appear to be commenting about the story.

<br></br>

As the story this is pretty good. But with regard to how the author handled it seems he did not "handle IT" at all. Instead he let the wife's conscience determine what to do. That certainly is one strategy that can be used in these sorts of situations. After all... stopping her this one time if she really is going to cheat will not stop her in the future.

<br></br>

That being said the author -- again assuming this is a true story -- overlooked some important aspects.

<br></br>

It's obvious that Richard was a player. It should be readily obvious to the wife what Richard's true intentions were by sending over a completely nude picture of himself when the wife never even asked or suggested anything like that. That really needs to be viewed as a serious warning sign... and the fact that the wife did not freak out over that picture and shut down the relationship right there.... is not a good sign.

<br></br>

In fact I'm sure the truth is that Richard did not look up Roxanne "just for old times' sake" but specifically with the intention of enticing and seducing her into cheating. There was never any back injury to his boss that enabled him to take a trip in NYC.

<br></br>

Not only was there a wife's reaction to the nude picture of Richard a warning sign but the entire idea of holding secret chat sessions with a ex-boyfriens of a deep sexual nature-- hell she masturbated while looking at the Naked picture of Richard!!-- is also troubling. I use Internet chatting daily sometimes talking to 30 different people a day and most of its business clients. If I am having a secret chat session with another woman that my wife doesn't know about it is probably for a duplicitous reason.

<br></br>

In the end the wife did the correct thing and that IS very good news. But there are a lot of aspects here which I don't understand the husbands lack of reaction. The author and husband gambled here big time and won. But that doesn't mean everything here is peachy keen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Trust Took a BIG Hit With This One

Your writing is very effective. I managed to put myself into the husbands place somewhat and found myself becoming angry not just with the ex boyfriend but with Roxanne as well. Well done. To answer your questions, had this been me and my wife, I would have continued reading the chats until he began the pressure to get her to come to NY. At that point, I would tell her I found the computer logged on at night and had read her chats. I would inform her I did not approve of her leading him on, that her "thinking about it" answer was unacceptable and she had damaged my trust in her--not irreparably but seriously. The fact she hid the chats by not mentioning meeting him on line worries me. My wife and I tell each other everything about our lives just as one of your other commenters and his wife do. Knowing that, this hidden agenda would REEK of Danger! I would have let her know I was angry with her letting the conversation go as far as it did. I would also try to find some way to "get" the ex boyfriend--perhaps let his wife know what he was trying or perhaps even violently reasoning with him. I will grant you there would be some danger that doing so would push the wife to him but I am of the old school--you mess with me or mine and I retalliate. Besides, if that pushed her to him, something like that would probably have happened at some time any way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Delightful

A change of story idea that I really liked, it felt "real" and I cared. That for me is the sign of a good writer.

I have a similar experience, in that case I read the emails my partner exchanged with another man. Sadly in my case they had gone from the chat to the bed. Needless to say we split.

JustLikeEweJustLikeEweabout 15 years agoAuthor
Thanks everyone

Just a note to thank all who took the time to read and comment on this, both here and privately. As I said, I welcomed the opinions of others, and I've ceratinly gotten them. Please keep them coming.

katibkatibabout 15 years ago
Excellent

The build up intension by means of the e-mail correspondence is nicely done. I'm sure that every reader believes that the wife is going to New York. The denouement is handled just as well. Thanks for a great story, told without the usual accounts of improbable sexual gymnastics.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 15 years ago
unusual story for loving wives

I enjoyed the story, and thought the ending was good. I would like to read the version where she goes off to NYC and gets her ass fucked off to. Thanks ....Rich

brain_damagebrain_damageabout 15 years ago
An emotional affair?

I enjoyed your story. It flowed and was well written and easy to read. In one of my stories, the husband stood by watching his wife flirt with another man. Instead of intervening, he waited to see if she would take the next step. But that was just a story. You said your story was true. I agree with some of the comments that he should have stepped in when the chat became sexual. I think the wife became too caught up in it and stopped thinking. Luckily she realized what was happening and ended it. But I think it could have easily gone the other way. I also think that the wife let it became some what of an emotional affair. And since this is a true story and his (your) wife reads his (your) stories, I guess she knows he (you) read her chat and knows what she did. That would make an interesting follow-up. Again, an excellent story.

furryfanfurryfanabout 15 years ago
Interesting

As I read this, I thought that the guy was getting a little too turned on by what his wife was doing with the guy, and that she was enjoying the flirting she was doing too much as well. The more I think about it, I guess that we (I mean guys - or most guys anyway) do a lot of things on the 'net that don't mean anything more than harmless fun, so holding women to a higher standard isn't realy fair. As long as nothing comes of it, and the wife seems to be adamant about that not happenning, then it's harmless fun. It is interesting to watch your spouse interact with other people when you aren't around too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
True Experience

Something similar happened in my family. My wife started emailing or IMing to an old friend of hers who had actually become a friend of the family. I respected her privacy on the computer, but I knew that she was getting emotionally involved with him.

The difference was that our marriage was not functioning at that point, even after many sessions of marriage counseling. Some way had to be found to shake things up drastically. I had an opportunity to return to my original profession in a city 750 miles away. I knew that if my interviews went well and I was offered the job my wife would not come with me. Ten days before my interviews the old friend came for a five day visit. Each had taken a week's vacation from their jobs. The day before he was to return home he dropped her off at our house at 6:15 in the morning. I accused them of having sex. They at first denied it, then admitted it. I threw him out of the house. The marriage was over.

Ten days later my interviews went very well. I was offered the job and accepted. We each found a way to end our non-functioning marriage. She did it shamefully. I did it honorably. Later she married the jerk, but he developed a severe mental health problem, cannot hold a job and is not a full partner in their marriage.

Karma, karma, karma!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Union maybe next time

Superb narration. Love the Kat Winslett look; the lush pubes and the hairy pits.

maxnoirmaxnoirover 14 years ago
Fine storytelling!

Well crafted story / autobiographical account. The author left Roxanne to her own devices and decisions. The advantage to this, at the end of the day, is that there is no question about the direction of Roxanne's moral compass, and her relationship with her husband is incredibly strengthened.

I believe I would have intervened earlier for two related reasons. First, few of us - ok, none of us - are a pattern of perfect decisions, and given how the ex is a player, a loved one's perspective can help one 'flesh out' the big picture. And clearly from Roxanne's correspondence she treasures her husband. Second, a marriage is not just a contract; rather it's an interactive journey - warts and all - and so an exchange between spouses about something this important is expected if the marriage is important to them.

Tough conversations? Maybe, but the outcomes might have been similar.

Max

JustLikeEweJustLikeEweover 14 years agoAuthor
This was sent to me anonymously

...but I wanted to share it with everyone, since the story was written to be a sounding board on the whole issue. Obviously not a fan but I don't screen comments..........

This message contains feedback for: JustLikeEwe

About the submission: Roxanne's Reunion

This feedback was sent by: Anonymous

Comments:

you siad you would love to hear from us and hear from me you will. Your bio is as genaric as a trash can liner. You invaded the privacy of your true love and was very willing to blow her off as a casualty of selfish abandonment. The real story is the story of YOU and though knowing the limitations your body has dealt you, you still are so selfish that in your wife's interest you never explored the possibility of sharing in her wanton desires openly and enjoyed the giving that sharing her lustless life and that pleasure that could and should have given you. Sure the other guy is a dick but had he not been such a fuckstick himself he should have been able to not only meet with your wife but won her over in an attempt to re kindle the one sided attraction you seem to have forgotten about. You should move out and give her any kind of freedoms to take part in she needs especially in sexual encounters and adventures you no longer can perform. You should by giving her her freedom realize that sharing love is so much more rewarding to the inner peace of a relationship than the selfishness you seem to way too proud of. For that I hope she finds out you are a rat and a stealing, lying, selfish pig of a man that has given all men the call name of pig. Enjoy your ficticious mental health as I see it she should be rid of your ball and chain. Lastly, you should know that I am a man who knows women. Gives like there is no tomorrow and shares in fantasies on so many levels that giving you a piece of my rath doesn't even give me any pride at all. Especially the fact of knowing that your wife will likely go to her grave and never know what true love is. She deserves better than you though and you can take that to your grave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wow

That last comment was a bit of an eye opener. Could have used a spell checker though. It's only a story and I thought the story was great. She is talking with an old friend and is "safe" where she is and the husband understands that and feels embarassed about invading her privacy. He probably reads literotica at night anyway. All cybersex that is going nowhere. The wife's last message was great. She finally realised what the "friend" was and was bailing out. Great story. Close to home. Thank you. Jim in AB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Lucky husband

He hit pay dirt with Roxanne. 5*s!

northlandernorthlanderabout 13 years ago
An Excellent Read

An Excellent story, There are Loving Wives just like that. Real life at it's best. maybe he was spying on her e mail, but any spouse (either sex) that doesn't stay aware of their spouses actions and desires is asking for trouble>

teh568teh568about 13 years ago
If As You Say...

that this is a true story then this couple is one of those rare breeds. Particularly, Roxanne, was a true friend/lover/wife. It can sometimes be very hard to find this type of people (proof of this is todays divorce rate). Another good point is that it is a happy ending. I know that people obviously read the "trash the bitch (dick)" type stories that seem to make you think that ALL people in love actually hate each other, but this is a really nice story with a 'feel good' feeling after reading the story.

TomboneTomboneabout 12 years ago
good read

I personally would love to see pics of my wifes former lovers. I'm not a cuck, but I have a vivid imagination, and try to visualize my spouses loverboys in my mind. She won't hardly talk about it either.

I would have waited to see what she did before taking any action. She has her freedom. If she breaks trust, then its over. Ever think about a large dildo or vibrator? My wife likes the rabbit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
this one is an outline

for a lot of the married couples in their 50's or later... Both spouses would jump at the chance to have a cyber at least meeting with an old lover... and most would and have set up a meeting or more to relive their past... remember without flashbacks you have no memory at all....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wonderful

No one has commented on this for a long time, and I just now ran across it. What lifts it way above the ordinary is that it combines realism--she is flattered and tempted--with the happy ending of a wife who is serious about fidelity. One of my all-time favorites. I wish you were still writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Excellent story but I'm one that would of stepped in earlier and let my wife know how upset I am about the emotional affair she is having with a former lover who she was so in love with. In my eyes that's a form of cheating and even though she makes the right decision in the end she still relived all the fucking they did and he sent a pic of his dick . She could've put a stop to the conversations right there and told him off never to talk to him again. I might be alone with how I feel about her and him snooping and not coming clean is also bad . He uncovered a lot about her that's she's hiding and that's not a good thing in a marriage. Also him reading and writing stories she knows about is no where near the talks with her first lover that she fucked so much and was so in love with. She was also very tricky telling she was in contact with an old friend so her tracks were covered if hubby found out , very sneaky. Hurts and makes you think she does love her hubby but she still hides who and what she talked about with a guy she loved to fuck learning about sex with.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 9 years ago
No, I don't think so...

The two things that would disturb me the most about this are tense and heartbeat.

As regards tense, she's saying things to him like "my love". Not indicating he's someone she LOVED but that he's someone she LOVES. I know for a fact, and rightly so, that my wife would be hurt if I talked with previous g/fs in a manner that indicated I STILL had feelings for them. The "boyfriend/girlfriend test" isn't just "would I DO something in front of them", it's also "would I SAY some thing in front of them"... Would you call a man OTHER than your husband "my love" in front of him...? What she was doing was wrong even if she limited it to online only...

The second problem is heartbeat. The "guy" she's saying "my love" to still HAS a heartbeat. People should not be hurt badly if their SO says that to someone who has died... with, obviously, the notable exception of if the time that feeling occurred was WHILE someone and their SO were together. I.e. past husband who died - ok. Lover since you were married who died - not so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

A very good grown up story. Less derivitive than most. Very few clichés, no spelling or grammatical errors that I noticed, an easy five stars.

As for what I would have done in the place of your protagonist, I doubt that I would be nearly so clever, I would of had to have said something which may have stopped her or may have made her far more careful, I would always have doubts. Your way was much better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thought provoking

Just saw this, in 2020. A clear 5* and beyond that a true test. At the end, I initially decided it was unrealistic because the husband surely would have intervened at some point. But then, I wondered, exactly when? I’d want to see how far she would go. But would I have let her incinerate my marriage without trying to thwart the rendezvous? It’s the ultimate crapshoot, I guess, and the only way to let her make her own decision. So I decided I might have gone that far, although she surely would have picked up on my increasing despair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Really interesting and original. The only thing I would have liked to read is for the two of them to talk about this. It seems he had a somewhat similar experience and their marriage could probably have been enriched by talking about it. Well done!

lflyer82lflyer82about 3 years ago

I liked this story a lot. I love happy endings. I enjoy well written stories. I was drawn into whether she would or wouldn’t to the point that I stayed up late just to find out how it would end. Some commenters felt she was not being fair to her ex but remember he just dropped her cold, as teens, so he doesn*t get any sympathy from me. Maybe this will wake him up to what he has at home but I doubt it since he managed to get in that he has had lots of women, maybe even while married.

Anyway if it was real life I hope the author and his wife really are living happily ever after.

mainer42mainer42over 1 year ago

well written, funny, and a super ending.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The wife should have got some commen sence in her. She should not have been chating with her old boyfriend in that intimate way. i think I would have confronted her long before the end and told her to quit the chatting or get lost.

jopstorm1945

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Emotional affairs, cheating via computer. 1.

kirei8kirei827 days ago

If you are too ashamed of your actions, thoughts, and words to share them with your spouse, then you are having a full blown emotional affair. They are as damaging to a relationship as a physical one, sometimes more. You never had her tell her husband but he knew. The not telling would work on me over time and fuel suspicions. So, I can't agree with your ending. Sorry.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous