All Comments on 'Rue the Day Pt. 02'

by ragnarok1

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
kmreaderkmreaderover 4 years ago
Just Sex

I’ve really enjoyed this story as I think it speaks to the true depth of pain indefinitely can cause in both partners. I think the only way Kurt and Deborah can make their way back to making love is for Deborah to truly discard the idea of “just sex” and explain to Kurt what she got from her affair. Not that it excuses her actions in any way, but he needs to know of her insecurities to explore with Kurt and that the affair allowed her to explore things she would never consider doing with her husband out of fear of judgement. This will only cause more pain to Kurt initially knowing if you can’t speak to fantasies and desires with your life partner then there is an underlying issue of trust. Even though this would cause more pain in their relationship it’s the only way I could see them getting back to making love. I’d like to see a third part to this series to see your thoughts on how a couple who obviously loves each other can truly find their way back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
cucks get one star

.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 4 years ago
Hey, one star cuck obsesser

Grow up.

Good story, it reflects reality. Most people choose to work through infidelity, you are a coward and run.

Well written, good plot. 5 *s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Find

A woman you love and bring her to bed with you and your wife That way you fuck your wife and love your mistress

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 4 years ago

This has been a good addition just needs a third to round out the story for the finish.

sdc97230sdc97230over 4 years ago
Changes the perspective

In the first story, Kurt appeared to be an angry, embittered man who allowed his desire for revenge to take over his life and consume eight years in which he could have been leaving his cheating wife behind and building a new life without her.

In this second story, we now see that Kurt is really a helpless victim of his cheating wife's infidelity who for eight years has been emotionally adrift and unable to reach a decision between moving on or reconciling.

In other words, things have gone from bad to worse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Story

Interesting but it reflects an LW obsession that couples should stay married even when they are clearly on different wavelengths. She doesn't see sex as more than that. Many people don't. But they shouldn't stay married to people who do. He isn't going to change her, that's how she is. So he should cut his losses and leave. There are lots of other lovable people out there. It isn't 'cowardice', it's real life. Deal with the hand you're dealt, not the one you wish (or thought) you had. It makes life so much easier.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Conclusion

Well written and a logical follow on to the original story. BUT, it is once again unfinished! This needs a conclusion, one way or the other. Excellent so far, so five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Needs a proper conclusion

Please finish this story, even if it means Kurt leaves Deborah, if that's what it takes to re-thread his head.

Once upon a time he had every right to be and act the injured party, but after torturing Deborah for 8 years he's lost any claim to the moral high ground; now he's just letting unrelenting vindictiveness rule his life and ruin hers.

He knows she bitterly regrets what she did, and that she'll never leave him, so in his world of vindictive, ego-bruised selfishness, that gives him carte blanche to play her any time he feels like yanking her chain. Either try and restart it with her from a new understanding, or walk away and call it quits finally and forever

fritz51fritz51over 4 years ago
Enjoyed the twist at the beginning,

I'm sure it was intentional, and I'm sure it's was not just me, but as the story started I thought that it was Deb attending the meeting, right up to the point when the narrator asked "Kurt" to speak. Little more light was poured onto the story, basically a re-hash of what we already knew, except he claim not to have had sex with any of the other women. That disappointed me, I thought he should have, at least a couple of them. I didn't want to see a dynamic develop, where if they did the RAAC route, she would have the satisfaction that her hurt had been contrived.

In an aftermath like that he would still have visions of her screwing John, but she would get away without suffering that hurt.

I agree with others that this one did not resolve the issue and needs a conclusion, albeit divorce or maybe she realizes he sets him up with the widow for the same amount of time that she cheated. That way the forgiveness would not be one-sided and maybe lead to loving again.

Anyway, we need a third chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Divorce is a great way to escape a toxic relationship, . . .

but a stupid way to punish someone you still love. Staying "married" while living in a dead marriage, that may be a perfect way to punish someone you still love. She gave up her marriage vows to experience no holds barred animal fucking. Now she gets all the animal fucking she wants, but nothing more.

She has the option to demonstrate true remorse, regret, contrition, and make restitution. I'm surprised you had not thought of it. The wife needs to file for divorce, and leave the marriage with little or nothing. Its not like she's losing anything emotional or sentimental. The marriage was ended the day she started fucking around. The only reason he stayed in the marriage was financial. If she really loves him she should allow him to leave without the financial penalty.

After that act all sorts of possibilities, as well as grim realities, are opened. She should give him a year, maybe two, to find a better woman. She should pledge her fidelity for that year or two. If after that time he is not in a serious committed relationship she should initiate a new relationship with him. Not a do over, but a new start, with a fresh beginning. Maybe they click a second time, maybe they don't. But at least she will have truly done everything she can to give them a clean start. And she should make it clear if there's a second chance: no fucking. If its not love, its not happening.

Just an idea.

Thanks for a thought provoking story. It should still be in the Loving Wives category.

LoejtcLoejtcover 4 years ago
I Thoroughly Enjoyed The Author's Attempt To Engage The Reader Into The Story

Reading Ch. 1 is a must to understand what the author is asking.

In Ch. 1, it became apparent that Deborah was truly sorry for what she did. She would do anything to revive their marriage.

Kurt was mortally wounded by her infidelity. If it wasn’t for the divorce laws the marriage would have ended 8 years ago. But Kurt was going to lose so much financially that he decided to simply cohabitate with her.

Unwittingly, Deborah compounded her cheating by trying to use the excuse that “it was only sex”. By so doing she trivialized a fundamental belief that Kurt held about his marriage. Sex was more than a physical act. It was one of the foundations of marriage. The pledging of exclusivity, fidelity, trust, and support through a physical and emotional bonding.

She became angry at him for telling her lover’s wife about the affair especially since two small children were involved. Kurt interpreted her reaction as though her lover’s marriage was more important than her own.

Finally Kurt behaved in ways so as to appear he was having affairs claiming that his wife decided to have an open marriage. Deborah was deeply hurt and humiliated by his actions while she was trying desperately to repair the damage she had caused.

So the cohabitating continued for 8 years. Superficially they appear to be back to a loving couple but both realize that their love life has become nothing more that satisfying their physical needs.

Deborah desperately wants Kurt to “make love” to her instead of just coupling. Kurt can’t bring himself to trust her especially since he is convinced that sex to her is nothing more than animal lust. No emotional bonding is required to satisfy her. It’s just an indoor sport. Anybody can do it. And there are probably a lot of guys who could satisfy his wife better than he can. Hadn’t she proved that?

It isn’t just Kurt that’s asking how to revive the intimacy in their marriage. Deborah, too, is fully aware of what is missing.

The author has made the readers members of Infidelity Anonymous sitting in the audience listing to Kurt.

Kurt has finished his story and asks our guidance.

My first response would be: there is only one person who can answer your question and she’s not in the room tonight, your wife.

Have you asked your wife to attend our meeting?

Do you think she might be interested in what you told us? Have you shared it with her?

Maybe she might like the chance to give her perspective on the situation.

Perhaps she could attend separately for the sake of privacy. Members of IA swear confidentiality to all members who chose to share their story.

Do have someone who you both trust and is qualified to act as a counselor e.g. a professional, a trained clergy, a trusted friend or family member?

Don’t you think that after 8 years of trying on your own, it’s time to seek qualified professional help?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Thank you.

I enjoyed that. Cheating is supposed to be hard and I think that for many it is, at least at first. Healing is hard for everyone and takes far longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
He is just as bad as the wife

In every way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
PITIFUL!!

Just another pathetic RAAC story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
loved it

I loved it as I agree 100%. It is extremely hard to get back to where you were especially when she was so callous and non chant about the sex. It makes him feel in some way inadequate. He was the wallet and not the full equal partner in love and passion.

I also agree with the "cheeper to keep her" plan. Why lose everything?

I don't agree with his not taking up with someone else. Not that it would be revenge sex but it would be more so "she can do it so can I". If it hurts her then so be it. She hurt him.

As for sex with her, if I could or would, it would be condoms only. Who knows what she caught or what she was continuing to do and also it is a constant reminder to her of what she lost. She is now "just sex" as she had said to him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
you will rue the day

you will rue the day cause' i will become a wimp and take u back and suck his cum from your cum............................dissssssssssssssssappointed

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It always amazes me when they see the spouse enter a Motel room with the lover how they wait to see them leave.

Me I will tell you what I did when I saw that happen with my wife.

She always worked late Mondays and had since I first met her. She worked for a trucking company as a load planner and had to check the loads to ensure they matched the plan. The load heading up the west coast of Western Australia left Monday night and was the last trucks loaded that is why she worked late.

Anyway I finished work at 2PM on the Monday in question and decided to do something for my wife and bring her her favourite meal for tea. I picked up the takeaway Mexican and headed to her place of work. I saw her leaving and thought WTF and followed her to the Pub she used to stop at.

I went inside and saw her being very friendly with her ex boyfriend. He worked for a different trucking company and did the West Coast run for them and left Tuesday morning about 2AM.

I watched for about an hour then followed them when they left together. They went to a room in the motel attached to the hotel.

Giving them about 10 minutes to start I knocked on the door to their room and was told to "fuck off". I again knocked on the door and was told to "fuck off we're busy". I again knocked on the door and got the response "I am going to kill the cunt at the door"

When he opened the door my fist slammed into his face shattering his nose a fracturing his eye socket. I then pushed him back into the room to confront the bitch. Needless to say she was shocked. Especially after her supposedly weak as piss husband proceeded to beat her boy friend badly. I left him whimpering on the floor of the room. He was unable to do his run that week or for the next 3.

I left the room and went home. She turned up 3 days later telling me she was pregnant (yes she was and it was mine) so we reconciled and stayed together for 24 years till she left as she still loved her ex.

arghjacarghjacabout 4 years ago

Hi, this is not a criticism merely an observation. You write well and I enjoy reading your work but part two above is basically a re-write of part one and other than forming the question posed in the last few lines doesn’t move us along. The only suggestion which I don’t believe is correct is that you are hoping for some advice on how to finish your story.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 4 years ago

It’s a good, solid storyline. I like that the path chosen isn’t RAAC or BTB, despite how those themes can be highly entertaining. I understand where Kurt is coming from. I don’t quite understand why his wife didn’t cheat again,, or seek divorce herself, after it was clear that Kurt was holding to sex-without-emotion. In part 1 she was pretty clear that she knew what she was missing. 8 years is longer than a lot of felony sentences.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Interesting

Never knew there was an Infidelity Anonymous. I looked and there actually is.

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

Interesting, the marriage is 18yrs old and no kids? Why stay married - just for the monetary saving since he claims he loves her but has no emotional attachment - what a shitty life!

/

4*, hooyah.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
1 minor (major to me) mistake that calls out to me

Because you're from the US you wouldn't understand the football scene too well. the World cup is self explanatory, it involves all the different countries football (soccer to you) teams (US included).

Manchester United is a team within the UK, their like the New England Patriots.

Other than that great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Boring

Get The Divorce You will be happier .. The more you put into the 401 is more for her to get half of .. I Really did not like this Story .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

First oar5 was good this part was just a waste of electrons.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
@anony Re. Manchester United

If you think about it, Kurt is American so him(Kurt) making an error such may be “right” in the story. An American WOULD make such an error, even calling it “soccer”. So think of it as the author writing in American thought/understanding. It’s as if he were writing with an accent, or horrible grammar, but meant the character “speaking” in his own dialect such as Brooklyn accent (fo-ged-aboud-it), or the deep south.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Uugh.

I should have proofread my last comment.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Stupidest chapter in a story I have ever read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Didn't see the point in this chapter. Why has Kurt opted for attending a support group, does anything like this exist in the real? He would have been better off seeing a marriage counsellor. His reason for not going for a divorce is the financial penalty he would face but unless he really wanted to reconcile isn't he just putting off the inevitable. He's risking Deborah filing for a divorce.

The main problem with this story and the story premise is that they are not talking or seeing a counsellor therefore divorce would be inevitable.

Also doesn't make sense why Kurt didn't confront Deborah and John at the motel. He had the evidence he needed. In the real the husband would have screamed at the door of the motel room and had the confrontation. When authors ignore what would happen in the real in their stories they spoil the story because the reader sits back and says that wouldn't happen in the real world. Fantasy has to make sense. Kurt's lack of reaction at the motel doesn't make sense.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Just sex??!! Just a slut and a Cuckold!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I Liked most of your Stories .. Sadly this is a Cluck and Slut Story .

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's simple get a spouse that feels the same way about sex as you do. Dump the one you have.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 2 years ago

I guess you chosen your name correctly, cause your writings are catastrophes....

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
What

What a cry baby.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What so bad absolutely about actually having a heart and truly loving someone, it's that the other person may be a worthless piece of crap!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It just doesn’t make sense that he can still “truly love” his wife, but continue to just “have sex” with her and not “make love”.

.

Especially as his wife, presumably, has provided him every indication of true remorse, AND every indication that she truly loves him.

.

It would be more understandable if, even if he loves her, just can’t have sex with her because of her infidelity.

.

And what of her? In Chapter 1, she indicated full awareness that he was just fucking her. How can she be OK with that for 8 fricking years?

.

Look…decently written, but the plot key just doesn’t compute.

.

3 ***

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I know that a lot of this part is just a rehash of part 1 but I think it adds to the realism of this “ story “ ?

There is something that bothers me reading a lot of stories on here , why do all the men who have been done wrong, leave the master bedroom, if that was me I’d be moving her into the spare or second bedroom! I as the aggrieved party wouldn’t be taking second best again at home, my home.

MarkT63MarkT63about 1 year ago

He is "Just a sissy cuck"...

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The way to get past this is simple: “disappear” the slut, and find a better woman!

ZK

AllNigherAllNigher9 months ago

Ditto oldwit.

Most here will complain that he started with her. I'm truth, up percent or more of marriages with indoor discovered start together and 89 percent of divorce sure to infidelity have the affected party regretting the decision. Yeah... Surprised me too. So while we're here for fantasy I guess this is a pretty realistic look at what happens... Which is depressing in a way but still a good read to me in it's own way ..

You did give side insights that fixed some of the issues I saw in the first one too.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The first two chapters brilliantly illustrate what the author gave us this story.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

No mental block the cheating cunt just doesnt do it for him anymore. Divorce her shes too old to have kids so get a younger model.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

He's still punishing himself for something she did. Wasting his years with a cheating slut instead of getting out there and finding someone worthy of his love. Silly man.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Agree with prior commenter. Stop beating yourself up. If you want to forgive and move on or reconcile, your choice, but just do it. Or don't forgive and just move on. Staying in purgatory is really bad for his psyche.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Yes he rues the day because he is in a pathetic limbo.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous