Rules are Made to be Broken Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Don't think I don't know what you're doing beautiful.'

I give him my very best wide-eyed innocent look.

'And don't think I won't fuck you right here on the rug the second you give me permission.' His voice is lower, but the determination in his eyes speaks volumes.

My heart is racing. He's not even touching me but I feel like I'm a heartbeat away from giving myself to him. Before I can speak, he leans back again, sips his drink and answers my question.

'The renovations are mostly cosmetic, but it was easier to check into a hotel while the work was being done. It's almost ready though -- I'm heading there tomorrow to sign off on some finishing touches and hopefully I can get out of here over the weekend.' He smiles beatifically -- I get the impression he's had enough of hotel life. 'There is one room that's had more extensive... remodelling though. I guess you could say it's for the one part of my 'bad boy' lifestyle I'm not ready to give up.' He's grinning at me almost lewdly now and of course I know exactly what sort of room he means. The turn in conversation gives me a minute to get a hold of myself and ignore the aching between my legs in favour of doing some more fact finding.

'Speaking of such things,' I start, draining my glass and accepting a top up, 'I do have one more question' He cocks his head at me and replies

'Go ahead, I'm all yours.' I try to ignore the memory of the last time he used those words.

'Why me?' I blurt. His eyes narrow a little, he clearly wasn't expecting that. I try to be clearer. 'I mean why call girls full stop? Look at you; at the risk of stroking your ego again, you're gorgeous. Why bother paying for sex when there are countless women who would gladly go to bed with you for free?' Like Me. I think to myself, scolding my internal monologue yet again.

'Well,' he starts cautiously, 'As you know, my tastes are quite... particular. Control in all things has become my way of life, and I've been better for it ever since.'

'But surely you met lots of willing subs during your time with your "mentor"?' He nods. 'So then why pay?' He narrows his eyes at me slightly, as if internally assessing how much information he wants to divulge before speaking.

'Mostly, it's convenience. Since I started indulging in this lifestyle, I haven't dated; I don't feel the need or the desire. A financial arrangement helps to set the boundaries and manage expectations. I'm an entirely devoted Dominant Amber, but my relationships are never more than that.' He shrugs.

'You never want more?' I ask without thinking. He shakes his head once, topping up his own glass. I worry I've pushed him too far, but he continues.

'When it comes to women, Amber, I have good old fashioned trust issues.' I hear myself swallow hard, unsure I want to hear the rest, but knowing there's no turning back now.

'After my parents' funeral, I went out and I got drunk; very drunk. When I finally made it home, I found my then girlfriend of three years in bed with my then best friend of ten.' His eyes darken as he recalls the event. I haven't a clue what to say next, so I'm grateful when he keeps talking after a long swig.

'Turns out, the two people I had left, who I trusted the most, had been fucking behind my back for months.' he adds flatly. 'Professionals -- like you -- allow me to indulge in what I enjoy without any complications.'

'Until you start inviting said professionals back to your hotel for floor picnics of course.', I tease lightly.

'Well, you're the first on that list, but what's complicated about good food with good company?' He's smiling, but I'm not buying it.

I'm almost certain he's sworn off relationships as an act of self-preservation, to avoid being hurt again; which is effective, but can get lonely too. I know, because I can relate. That said, I can't help being flattered to hear I'm his first 'off the books' guest.

'So, that's my story. Now tell me, Miss Amber, what's your reason for the no dating rule?' he asks, turning my question back on me, clearly keen to move on.

'Like I said, it's an occupational hazard.' I reply, 'Can you imagine taking a girl out, getting to like her, then finding out she does... what I do?'

'Hmm. Awkward conversation I guess.' He replies, stroking his chin.

'Exactly, and not one I ever fancy having, so I don't date and it won't be a problem. Simple.' I shrug.

'What about your friends?' I look at him quizzically and he continues -- 'You said the book shop was a cover story for your family, but do your friends know that you do - what you do?' I shake my head firmly,

'Absolutely not! -- way too complicated. I mean I have Ruby, who obviously gets it, and I'm friendly with a few other girls from the agency, but mostly no -- my friends definitely don't know that I do what I do. I mean, do yours?' I ask him with a raised brow. He laughs a little and answers,

'Fair point. And no. Not that I have many friends to speak of, remember?' he fixes me with a look I can't figure out but it makes my breath catch.

'Well, maybe you've got one more now', I shrug with a smile.

'And we both know each other's dirty little secrets already' he adds with a salacious grin that sends a ripple of excitement through every inch of me. This conversation is heading for dangerous ground and it really needs a change of course.

'It's definitely an unusual arrangement!' I aim for breezy and try to move on, 'Anyway, enough of the deep and meaningful, Mr Byron; tell me more about your fabulous new bachelor pad.'

The distraction works beautifully, and soon he's in full flow, excitedly telling me all about his new home. It's a derelict warehouse which he's basically transforming into something brand new. He's incredibly passionate about it, talking at length about how much he loves the character of old buildings and hates to see them torn down.

We end up chatting for hours, about all sorts of things. At one point he asks about my safe word --

'Of all the words in the world, why Hardy?'

I explain how I studied Tess of the D'Urbervilles at college and promptly fell in love with everything Thomas Hardy ever wrote -- how his books were like escaping into another world, so it seemed fitting somehow to use him as my 'get out clause' at work. He fills me in on more tales of what he calls his 'wilderness years' and I find myself musing about how easy he is to talk to. Then I notice the time -- it's almost three in the morning already!

'I had no idea it was so late.' I say, getting up

'So, stay,' he replies, 'take the bed, I'll sleep on the couch', he adds to make a point.

'That's very kind, but I have a book shop to open in the morning & it's much easier to get to from my place.' I reply

'Then at least let me have Harvey take you home.' I get the feeling it's not a request.

'Won't the poor guy be asleep?'

'Nah, he's a night owl.' He smiles, as he takes my hand and leads me to the lift. Standing together in the silence between floors, I feel him squeeze my hand tighter again. It's sort of adorable how well he's controlling himself, although I do slightly wish he wasn't.

As we reach the ground floor, I notice Harvey stood by the Mercedes that's already waiting by the entrance.

Sam pulls me into a brief embrace and kisses me gently on the lips. It's ridiculous how much effect such a small touch has on me.

'Same time tomorrow?' I ask, smiling, mirroring his words from last night, only half joking. He shakes his head.

'Wish I could beautiful, but my aunt wants me to sit in on a late meeting - something to do with American investors, video call, time differences...' he trails off unenthusiastically, '-- evidently my attendance is not optional.' He adds with a wry smile.

Oh. I'm ashamed with myself for how disappointed his words make me feel, but I shake it off, trying to make sure I don't show it.

'Ah, all sounds very CEO in waiting!' I chirp overly brightly, 'I hope it all goes well.' I smile and force myself to carry on, 'Good night, Mr Byron, thank you for a lovely evening.' I kiss his cheek gently, internally applauding myself for not launching myself at him.

'Good night, Amber. Thank you for the company.' He replies, gently stroking my cheek with his knuckles.

I flash him another bright smile and turn to join Harvey before he can tell it's a fake.

12